That Wallflower (A One Direct...

By chips-aharry

After three years of being nothing, just a simple, invisible, nobody, the Player of The Fantastic Five takes... More

That Wallflower (Coming May 28, 2013)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4 (Finally, right?)
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 not edited. at all. sorry. :/
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Author's/ Apology Note *not edited so don't read if you're unedite phobic* :D
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 (the A/Ns an absolute mess, people)
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Ask away
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 6

831 25 8
By chips-aharry

*unedited, but finished in a way, I guess*

Chapter 6

"What did you do to her?"

"Who's to say I even did anything to her?"

"Okay. Fine. I was just messing around and she passed out in the closet."

"Oh my God, Harry. You're such an idiot! She’s fucking claustrophobic you dumb..."

My mind slipped away once again pulling me asleep.

~*~

Harry

Her eyes shut, rolling back before she collapsed in my arms. Wow. I’ve never affected a girl that badly. I held tightly onto her as she seemed to pass out.

“Well, shit” I cursed. I sighed and couldn’t help but admire Jade’s features.

Her face was heart shaped adorably with cheekbones that I always found myself wanting to brush lightly. Even with her eyes closed and hooded by glasses, they still managed to be beautiful and find a way of sneaking into my own sight. As her hair fell it brushed my arms and it was so soft and-

Oh, dear lord I sound like an obsessive stalker.

Or even worse a love sick fool.

I cringed at the thought of going down that road again. I sighed and picked her up, carrying her to the nurse’s office. As I was going there with just my luck a blonde boy pops up out of nowhere.

Niall’s eyes widened and then as if on cue before he could say anything another person popped up.

Liam gaped and then accused, "What did you do to her?"

"Who's to say I even did anything to her?" I asked, slightly offended, though since I knew the reputation I made for myself wasn’t too great. He gave me this look and I rolled my eyes. "Okay. Fine. I was just messing around and she passed out in the closet."

"Oh my God, Harry. You're such an idiot! She’s fucking claustrophobic you dumbass!” Niall exclaimed.

I raised an eyebrow. “How do you know this?”

Liam had the same questioning look I did.

Niall blushed. “Uh, she told me the other day when I was talking to her.”

I shook my head with the smirk. Guess I’m not the only one to fancy her . . .

Wait. No, I don’t fancy her.

“Well, where are you taking her?” Liam asked.

“The nurse’s office, obviously,” I said.

“Oh.”

“Why? Did you expect me to say to my room or something?”

“I actually was hoping you wouldn’t.’

I chuckled. “Yeah, well, do you two want to come with me?”

I wasn’t at all shocked when they both nodded, “Yeah!” and then tried to shrug it off casually with more laid back answers that sounded like, “Sure” and “Cool with me.”

I sighed. Looks like both of them have a Jade thing going on. I stepped into the nurse’s office and was relieved to see her there.

“Um, excuse me?”

She looked up and at first her expression was only shocked and then her eyes narrowed. At first I didn’t know why the atmosphere became hostile but then I looked down at a passed out Jade and us three boys.

Oh . . .

“Um, we got pushed into the closet by someone I think and Liam and nail saved us, I guess you could say. She had a claustrophobic reaction. I think that’s what you call it,” I added. I know I’m supposed to be a charmer, but sometimes I get flustered around adults, especially when they’re giving me such dirty looks.

She seemed less accusatory as she sighed and stood up. “Set her down,” she instructed.

I did as I was told and set her down on the little rectangular bed. She stood up and then asked, “So what happened again?”

My throat dried and I looked at the two guys behind me. They shrugged and gave me that look most people give you as a way of saying, “I don’t know. You’re on your own.”

Instead of sighing like I wanted to I turned to the lady who was scrutinizing jade as she lay on the bed.

“Umm . . . Well, Jade ran into me in the hallway and I- uh- offered to walk her to class and then on the way somehow we got pushed into the closet by who knows who. And then I tried to get us out, but she began to panic so I was able to create enough noise to get Liam and Niall’s attention, though she was already knocked out,” I explained deceitfully. I must say, I’m impressed with myself. I smiled smugly and the nurse arched an eyebrow.

She sighed. “Well, she should wake soon. I guess you guys coul wait since I’m assuming you’re her friends.”

“Yes!” we all replied.

She stood up. “I trust you can be left alone with her. But I’ll be checking in to make sure there’s no funny business going on.”

I bit my lip. I hadn’t lied about what I said to Jade earlier. To me, rape was a disgusting action and it hardly ever even crossed my mind since girls are always shamelessly throwing themselves at me. And anyone that has what it takes to rape a girl with such an innocent face as Jade’s must be seriously sick. I mean, she looks like a Disney princess or something.

Not that I would know . . .

Okay, don’t judge me. I know plenty of guys have seen Disney movies as kids. My sister was obsessed with Ariel, though so I found myself thinking Sebastian was the shit.

But still.

We all awkwardly began to stand around just waiting till she wakes up. How long ago did she faint? I’m thinking ten minutes. Maybe fifteen she’ll finally wake . . .?

“And baby it’s amazing I’m in this maze with you.”

I stared at Liam in shock. Jade was on the bed a couple feet from us and he chose to sing one of the most random songs possible? Shouldn’t he have at least begun singing something relevant like a song from Sleeping Beauty?

Nah, he’d probably only embarrass himself with that one.

“I just can’t crack your code

One day you’re screaming you love me.”

Niall began to harmonize with him.

“The next day you’re so cold

One day you’re here, one day you’re there, one day you’re care, you’re so unfair.”

At this point I only shrugged and joined.

“Sipping from your cup till it runneth out

Holy grail,” we all sang finally. Before anything else could be spoken there was a tiny whine that had us all straightening out. Jade’s brow furrowed and she opened one of her eyes and then covred them with her hands.

“Ugh. The light. I hate it,” she mumbled.

We all rushed to her bedside and began to bombard her with questions.

“Jade?”

“Are you alright?”

“Did you hit your head?”

“Do you remember your name?”

“How many fingers am I holding up?”

“What date is it?”

“You remember me right?”

“Wait, you remember me, right?”

“You couldn’t have possible forgotten me, babe ri-”

“Shut. Up!” We all quieted. “My head is throbbing and I just had a panic attack. I’m alive, that’s three fingers, today is March 3, 2013, and I know who all of you are, annoying, annoying, and annoying-est.”

There was a silence.

“I’m actually, Harry.’

She glared at me.

“Wait, who was annoying-est?” Niall asked.

She smiled at him. “Not you.”

He smiled victoriously.

“Then I’m sure she was talking about you, Harry,” Liam nodded.

I scoffed. “No.” I turned to Jade. “Right?”

She shrugged and then smirked. She sat up and swung her legs over the edge of the bed. “So why are you three here, again?” She rubbed her head.

“Well, we saw Harry carrying you down the halls and got worried,” Liam explained.

“Oh yeah. And you kidnapped me,” she accused, narrowing her eyes at me.

I smiled charmingly. “Sorry, Sweetheart.”

She rolled her eyes. “Here we go with the pet names.”

“So, you’re awake.”

We all looked to the doorway and saw the same middle aged nurse from earlier. “I’m going to let you out of school for the day so you can rest up and recover. Have one of these boys escort you to your room and you guys have five minutes and if you aren’t in class by then, you are considerably late and therefore breaking your rules.” She scrawled her signature on something and then ripped the paper out of some sort of notebook. “I will go alert your first period classes and dismiss you, Jade, from your school day.”

“That won’t be neccess-”

“Nonsense. You’ll easily catch up and even if yu don’t I’m sure your teachers will have no problem letting you off the hook for once in your lifetime.” She looked up and her eyes crinkled into a smile. “Just rest, okay? And I hope to see you at supper.” The nurse then turned around and left the room.

We all looked at Jade.

She rolled her eyes and instead of choosing someone to go with her she just got off the bed and began o leave.

Niall looked at us. “I’m it!” He then ran from the room quickly after Jade and I began to follow but the nurse said, “You two to class!”

I sighed and mentally used every dirty word in my vocabulary against her. Liam and I sulked to our classes and I could only think of Jade and Niall.

Why is it the thought pissed me off and even hurt a little?

Jade

I smiled as Niall appeared beside me, his shoes skittering on the floor as he ran to catch up with me. “Hi, Niall.”

“Hey, Jade,” he smiled.

I chuckled, because I can’t deny how adorable he is.

“Are you feeling better?”

I glanced over at him. “I’m fine.”

“I wish you’d have told Harry about your fear.”

I bit my lip as I remembered the day I had told Niall about my claustrophobia.

“Now I want you and your partner to get to know each other! Now go find that partner!”

I scowled. I didn’t like partners. I’m better on my own.

Because I’m always on my own.

“Are you fifteen?”

I looked up at Niall. I then glanced at my paper and sure enough, I saw a one and a five. I looked back at him and nodded. “Yeah.”

I didn’t mind having Niall as a partner for a small moment. He seemed like an all-around nice lad, so I’m just hoping that in this case things are what they seem.

He took a seat next to me. “So do you want to go first?”

“I . . . I don’t know ,” I mumbled. I really wasn’t used to the whole talking to other people thing, or rather other people of my age group. Especially since before Harry and Mac, the only other person I used to “socialize” with was Sally, the daughter of the man my mother began dating and then later married.

She wasn’t a nice person.

He chuckled and then began to read from the list. “So what’s your full name?”

“Jade Amelia Thirlwall,” I answered. “Yours?”

“Niall James Horan.”

“Like the river?”

“Uh. . . I never looked at it that way, no,” he laughed awkward. “Your initials say JAT.”

I snorted. “Too bad your middle name isn’t Amelia. Then your initials would say NAH,” I shrugged.

We both began to giggle and then he asked another question. “Any fears?”

“Other than anything that crawls? I hate the dark and closed spaces,” I admitted quietly.

“Uh . . . why?”

I bit my lip and then opened my mouth, deciding what to say. “Being alone is hard, but . . . it’s even harder when you can’t see or move, you know? I’ve never liked the dark, but . . . some terrible things have happened in places like closets and elevators.”

“Oh.”

“I was once trapped in a stall in the girl’s bathroom when I was seven as a prank, but . . .” That wasn’t what decide I would spend the rest of my life fearing closed spaces.

It wasn’t until Mac told me he was leaving me in that elevator a couple years ago. I had had a panic attack after he left the elevating box and had never felt so trapped as I realized I’d have to stay there and he’d be in America.

I sighed. “What about your fears?”

“World hunger. Or- rather my hunger.”

I giggled.

I shrugged at Niall. “I didn’t realize he needed to be aware.”

“Harry may . . .get around, but that doesn’t mean he’s an asshole,” Niall said to me.

I flexed a brow. “Oh. Then I guess I must have misinterpreted everything about him.”

He stopped me, his hands on my shoulders. He looked me directly in the eyes and I flushed.

“Believe it or not I . . . I think he might care about you more than you believe. So do Liam and I.” His hands held my face tenderly. “You know that, right?”

The only right answer to this question I could think of was, “Right,” with him looking at me so intensely. I swallowed and nodded. He smiled at me and looked up. “You heard the nurse, Jay-Yay. Rest up.”

I frowned as he began to walk away, confused about why he was leaving and disappointed because he was. I noticed that we were in front of my room and I asked, “Jay-Yay?”

He smirked. “Harry can’t be the only one to give you a nickname.”

I smiled and he winked at me before turning and running away. I then entered my room with a burning face and a wide grin.

Some Jiall in here. Cute, right?

1) Your ship?

Jiall

Jiam (?) Lol. It was either that or Lade. ;)

Stylewall.

Your ship in the comment section please!

2) What’s your favorite kin of store bought cookies? I’m not quite sure, but those Fudge Stripes and Grasshoppers from Keeblers (I think that’s what the company is called) are pretty darn good. I put the Grasshopper ones in the freezer and they taste

AMAZAYN!

Haha. Admit to yourself, it’s okay to say this with other Directioners, but under other circumstances you’d sound stupid using one of those words.

3) Favorite song right now? I’m pretty in love with half, no, 2/3 of Ariana Grande’s new album.

4) Have you heard it?

5) No? Then what are you waiting for?

FLOCK TO TARGET MY BEARS WHERE THEY’RE SURE TO HAVE IT! if you were raised by that family who still play 101.1 and a bunch of 50s stuff (and actually enjoyed it) this is totally for you! But, I wasn’t really one of those kids, yet I still loved it (so did my grandma, lol.)

So, I posted this last night anyways without even editing it or finishing this A/N, because I really wanted to treat my Bears and voters for getting me to a hundred votes and twenty followers.

YOU GUYS ARE JUST- AHH! I’M LOSING MY WORDS SHFGKHSFGJNFG1!

Haha. I put a randim number in there by accident, that’s how off I am about you guys bringing me this far.

Please remember to comment, vote, fan and promote. Especially if you want to be a Bear PRESS THE FOLLOW BUTTON!

I know you want to.

I treat my Bears with love, kindness, and respect.

BEACAUSE I LOVE EVERY SINGLE FREAKING ONE OF YOU!!!

Okay. I’m going to stop with the blabber. Post ya later.

- Angie Bear, your Mama Bear/ Founder. (Yes, I am Founder too.)

PS: Did any of you guys thoroughly read through Harry’s thoughts? I so, tell me what thought it was that might change how you perceive his player-ness.

Continue Reading