Betrayed And Broken✔ [complet...

By shakthi

Highest Ranking: #1 in chick-lit for more than 60 days :) [Blurb] "I clearly warned you before the marriage... More

PROLOGUE
#1 B&B
#2 B&B
#3 B&B
#4 B&B
#5 B&B
#6 B&B
#7 B&B
#8 B&B
#9 B&B
#10 B&B
#11 B&B
#12 B&B
#13 B&B
#14 B&B
#15 B&B
#16 B&B
#17 B&B
#18 B&B
#19 B&B
#20 B&B
#21 B&B
#22 B&B
#23 B&B
#24 B&B
#25 B&B
#26 B&B
#27 B&B
#28 B&B
#29 B&B
#30 B&B
#31 B&B
#32 B&B
#33 B&B
#34 B&B
#35 B&B
#36 B&B
BOOK-II
#37 B&B - THE WEDDING
#38 B&B
#39 B&B
#40 B&B
#41 B&B
#42 B&B
#43 B&B
#44 B&B
#45 B&B
#46 B&B
#48 B&B
#49 B&B
#50 B&B
#51 B&B
#52 B&B
#53 B&B
#54 B&B
#55 B&B
#56 B&B
#57 B&B
Thank you!
#58 B&B
#59 B&B
#60 B&B
#61 B&B
#62 B&B
#63 B&B
#64 B&B - Epilogue
Author's Note.

#47 B&B

41.3K 2.4K 129
By shakthi

Neev.

"I will see you then," Sachin nodded before driving off.

As our project is already handed over, there is nothing more to do today. All of us have decided to call it a day and head back home.

I started the car and drive out of the parking lot.

The board meeting is within a week, I know I need to talk to Riya about "things", But I don't know why I am delaying it from her, It's not like I can avoid it for long.

We need to sort out things!

My phone started to ring.

"Hello?"

"I am from Happy apartments, sir."

"Happy apartments?"

"Yea, we found the perfect apartment for you; I have already sent the brochure to you sir."

"You sent it to my place?" I asked him.

"Yes, it's a newly furnished place in a safe neighbourhood, It's-"

I disconnected the call, suddenly feeling uneasy.

There's no way Riya would see that, right?!

I accelerated.

Riya.

"See! I told you, you have a nice figure, Riya, the saree looks good on you," Auntie Alice pushed me in front of the mirror.

I smiled, she just dropped by the apartment with a bunch of gifts for me, One of them was a saree she designed for me, I was touched.

"Thank you Auntie," I said as I looked at my reflection. "I will try it from now on."

"Yes," Auntie Alice beamed, Happy that I am finally accepting her suggestion to wear saree.

"Come home when it's weekend, everyone misses you, Riya, it's so boring there now," she said while getting up" I need to go now; Danny will get irritated if I am not home when he's back," she said.

Typical mom...

I smiled, "okay Auntie, thank you for today, I like the girls time," I said and she turned to me, looking serious suddenly.

"I need to thank you for that family day, Riya, it was the best gift anyone could have given me, thank you so much."

"Come on Auntie, we all had fun, everyone needed it," I said and she smiled back.

"I will go then." she said, taking out her phone.

"Just let me change back, five minutes, Auntie." I said as I ran to the room.

When I came back, Auntie was all ready to leave and I accompanied her to the elevator.

"Its okay Riya, you don't need to see me out-"

"I want to," I said as we entered the elevator. "There's nothing for me to do here now, Auntie."

Soon I greeted the driver -Uncle Manoj and waved her off.

"You have a package, Riya." the security Uncle said and I walked near him.

"What is it, Uncle?"

..............

I was still frozen in front of it when Nivin came in, He stilled in front of me and I tried to smile, but it was too difficult to act normal.

The fact that he had been searching for a house for me this whole time strangely pained me.

"It's a great apartment," I looked at him. "In the heart of the town where the neighbourhood is really safe, it's the most demanding one now, you choose the best one for me." I said, watching the pictures.

"Riya-"

"I know it's your board meeting within days, It must have been difficult for you to bring it up, But it's time we talk this out," I said before getting up and walking to the balcony.

Cold wind blew and it was soothing for me, I looked outside, at the thousands of lights around us.

Neev followed me to the balcony and came near me; both of us were looking far ahead.

"That's right, we need to sort out things," he said, handing me a bottle of beer.

"I... I am not in a mood to-"

He pushed the bottle to my hand and started to open his.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked, looking at him Sideways.

He was looking far ahead. "About the apartment, I told them to find one when...when we made the deal at the beginning," he said. "And to be frank, I totally forgot about it, It's some time back-"

"I know you are already going through a tough time in the company, I don't want to give you a hard time too, Let's talk about that deal we made," I said slowly turning to him. "Tell me...when are we going to... part?" I looked at him.

I don't know from where the words keep on coming, the words I don't mean at all, I just want to appear strong, I guess.

Nivin looked straight back, a glint of anger in his eyes.

"You look so okay with the deal," he stated, looking in my eyes and I didn't turn away.

"Okay then, since we need to clear everything, we can't delay this anymore," he said.

My heart practically freezes. "Even though we are going to part, I can't announce our break up until everything is stable," he added.

"How long will you need?" I asked, now taking my beer bottle, I think I will need it after all.

"I am not sure...maybe six more months? 1 year?" he looked at me.

"We can't do that! our deal was for this month," I said, now taking a sip.

If we are going to part, I don't want to drag it anymore, the lesser the time, the better, Or I know, I would lose my sanity too.

"Okay," Nivin nodded, his eyes darkening.

"Ok, just tell your lawyer to draw up the divorce papers, it will take time to process everything anyway," I said.

Nivin's eye's snapped to me. I know it too, that I have just said that word, the word we both have been carefully avoiding all these time-Divorce.

But there is no hiding it anymore, I want to face everything, it's time I stop running away and deal with my problems.

"And don't worry about the house, I will look into it myself. when the time comes, I will leave," I added, taking another sip.

I want to leave the same way I came here, empty handed.

If there's anything I want to take, It's you...And I know, I can't do that.

No, I am not planning to stay anywhere near him when I leave because I know, I could never deal with it, I could never forget him or move on.

I can't stay at the same town as him, or I am afraid, I might forget all my self-respect and run back to him.

"Okay,"

"Okay then," I said, now starting to get up.

"Riya," I heard Nivin and turned around.

Neev.

I don't know why I called her. I mean...she just said okay to everything, that's actually a first.

And I don't know why I am feeling angry like this. I was waiting and avoiding it and it's as simple as that for her?

"Neev?"

"Yea... I... I just want to say sorry for everything," I said. "If there's anything I could do for-"

"You don't have to be sorry, I am actually glad we could both stop hurting now,"

"You are glad we are doing this?"

"I am glad I can go back to my life, At least I will be in my world, reality is better than illusions,"

"What are you sayi-"

"I had my fair share of fairy tale too, it's time for me to wake up." she said simply.

I was all tensed and she's as cool as that?

I placed my now empty beer bottle down.

"I am glad you take everything easily," I said, now turning to her, My mood was turning dark, I started to get angry."That's good, I guess, because we don't have any other way since our parents-" I started.

"Don't drag them to this, our parents were never together."

"They couldn't be together because Grandpa interfered, but still there was something...They-"

"Don't blame them; even if I don't know the facts, I know they are good people, Neev."

"Can you hear yourself Riya? Your dad betrayed you, just like my mom, and you are still-"

"Enough Nivin, I trust my dad and I think your mom was a victim too..."

"Oh please! I can understand it if she wanted to leave Aldrick family, but as far as I know; a mother will never leave her son-"

"Stop it Nivin, if you don't know what really happened, don't say a word more."

I marched to her side, "then do you know Ragunad? I waited for her... I waite-"

"You waited for her as a baby Nivin, you didn't even try to find out after you grew u-"

"Stop this," I shouted.

"You hear me out this time, Nivin Rosh Aldrick, if it was me in your place, I would be searching everywhere for her, I would do anything in my control-"

"Stop. this! Damn it,"

I punched the wall and Riya jumped back in shock, her head hit the wall pretty badly.

"Aah..." she cried softly.

"Uh... I... I am sorry," I said, now trying to look, but she just turned away.

"I am alright, Neev." she said and turned around.

I can't believe she is dismissing me like this!

I pulled her back to me.

"Neev!" she exclaimed as I inspected her head.

"It's ok, there's nothing to-" I started.

"I told you I am alright!" she looked angry.

I looked down at her; her eyes were flashing in anger and her lips slightly open. She was still inside my hands; her body was pressed to me as I have trapped her.

The mood changed between us suddenly, it was dark and dangerous, Her scent engulfed me and my whole body reacted, waking up.

I lowered my hands from her forehead and down.

"Neev..." she shivered as I traced her lower lip, I moved sideways and traced down the outer contour of her neck.

"Nee..v," she said as I started to lean in to her, but I was far away.

"Nee...v..you can..t..." she said again as my hand came to a rest on her waist.

It was not enough for me, I couldn't get enough of her and I pressed her to the wall, closing the distance between us.

I leaned down and just before I kissed her, Riya moved her head sideways, my lips touched her cheek and I stilled.

Riya was still trembling under me, I know she's as affected as me and I was back in my senses at last.

Dammit!

I opened my eyes and separated myself from her with difficulty, both of us were breathing hard.

"I... I..." I was so shocked now, we were talking about the divorce and now I am doing this!

"It... It was...a mistake," she whispered.

It was not!

I took a step away from her and nodded, not trusting myself to speak now.

"I... I have...something to do,"

She ran inside and I slumped down to the sofa.

What's happening?

I covered my face with my hands.

I can't control myself around her... I need her!

I better get out of here now!

Riya.

I tried to calm down, but my heart just kept hammering inside me.

Nivin still has feelings for me!

I don't know if I should be relieved or not.

"Riya, I am going out, I have to take care of something," I heard him and walked out of the bedroom.

"Lock the door, be safe," he said and I nodded, watching him taking his car keys.

Nivin.

I should get everything straight, I can't keep doing this.

I get into the elevator and pressed the button.

Riya is Ragunad's daughter, she is going to leave, we can't be together, we are not a couple, we are just acting!

Keep it in mind loud and clear Nivin...

Okay, I have it under control.

The elevator door opened and I stepped out.

I started to drive the car without any aim, but ended up reaching our clubhouse.

I walked to the bar.

"Hey Neev, It's a surprise!" Tony, the barman said as soon as he spotted me.

"I want a strong one," I said now, sitting on the barstool in front of him.

"Where's your gang?" he asked me as he started to fix me my drink. "I thought you are happily married, what happened to come here all of a sudden?" he asked.

"Don't talk and just get me my drink, Tony," I said.

Soon I was finished with the bottle.

"Hey Neev, want company?" Rick grabbed my glass as the gang settled around.

"What happened? I thought you were so busy in your company?" Sid said.

"Is it Grandpa again?" Jason looked at me.

"Who told you to come?" I groaned.

"I informed them, no offence mate, but you are very difficult to deal with when you are drunk," Tony said.

I sighed, refilling my glass.

"How's Riya- " Amy started.

"Stop talking about her!" I snapped at her.

"What!...are you getting drunk because of her? did you fight?" Sid asked with a laugh.

"Shut up," I said.

They all looked at each other.

"I... I want to stay away from her..." I said again.

They don't know she's Ragunad's daughter and I don't wish to tell them that.

"This is why I don't do relationships," Sid muttered.

"Shut up, Sid," Amy said, then looked at me, "what happened, Neev?"

I placed the now empty glass down.

"I...can't...we can't...be together," I said again, "some things could never be right, and Riya and I are never going to be fit together," I slurred.

"Okay, calm down man, it happens, couples are supposed to fight," Jason said.

"The thing is..." I took a sip from my bottle. "I can't even get away from her," I said. "I mean... I need her, I hurt her all the time but I can't get enough of her and now I am frustrated,"

"Whoa! Man! So that's the problem, you two fought and now she's not sleeping with you," Rick concluded.

"You should just seduce her then, it's no problem seducing your own wife, I don't think we have to give you lessons in that department," Sid said.

"Eww... I don't want to talk about your sex life, but I think you should talk to her about it," Amy said

"Not everything will be resolved by talking, I agree with Sid, sleep with her and everything will be alright!" Jason winked.

"Guys will be guys," Amy murmured.

"Shut up." I shouted.

They got it all wrong!

"Don't bother! I will deal with my married life." I said now getting up.

"Okay, take it easy man," Sid supported me.

"I will go to my office now," I announced.

"I think we should take him home, he's drunk and it's late." Amy said.

Riya.

I opened the door and I was startled to see the gang.

"See who's here!" I heard Neev's voice and stilled.

He's drunk!

"It's my wife, guys, this is my wife, Riya, come here-"

"Shut up, Neev," Amy hissed, then looked at me, "we are sorry Riya, we just met up in the club and Nivin got a little drunk,"

But none of the others is drunk.

"No problem Amy, I will take him inside," I said.

"We will help you," Jason smiled and I tried to smile back.

Guys supported him to the room.

"Is... Is everything alright?" Amy asked me.

"Um...yea, everything is great," I said and Amy smiled.

"He is drunk and blabbering nonsense, don't mind him," Rick said.

"Don't worry about me guys and I promise I will take good care of him" I tried to cheer up because they all seemed a bit worried.

They eased a bit, "ok then, we will see you." Sid said, nudging others.

"I am sorry, we didn't invite you guys over, I will surely call you," I said, I really want to give them a small party before I leave.

"That sounds good, we will look forward to it," Jason smiled.

As soon as they left, I walked to Neev's room. He was already sleeping.

I removed his shoe and loosened his tie.

I raised the tilt over him.

"I am so sorry, Neev..." I said slowly, watching his troubled face. "Because of me, you have to go through this pain," I said as I slowly run my finger along his eyebrows.

"I really want to tell you everything, I want to expose Grandpa and Sebastian, I want to show how much your mom and dad love you," I whispered. "I wanted to show you that love does exist Neev..." I stopped as my eyes started to fill.

"We don't have time, but I am glad I got you even if it was for this short time, I will cherish it forever," I whispered.

I leaned down and kissed him on his forehead.

"I love you, Neev..." I whispered as my tears slide down my face and fell on his forehead.

Nivin.

I groaned as I opened my eyes, my head was pounding and throat dry.

My eyes focused on Riya who was sleeping in an armchair in front of me.

I looked at my watch and opened my eyes in shock; it was nearly 10 in the morning!

What happened yesterday? How did I reach back!? I have been sleeping the whole time then!?

I slowly got up. I remember Riya waking me up and forcing me to drink her soup.

I looked at her tired face.

She must have been in that chair for the whole night.

I sighed.

I am making everything difficult for her.

I slowly got up, careful not to disturb her sleep and covered her with the blanket.

"Neev...?" she opened her eyes slowly, "Are you awake?"

I straightened up.

"Yea..." I said as she gets up from the chair.

"Why didn't you wake me up? I am late," I said as I take my phone.

"I tried to, but you wanted to sleep," she said. "You looked tired, I think you were overworking yourself these days," she said. "And your project is over too," she added.

I started to scroll down through my phone.

"I have informed Sachin that you have something urgent going on and you will be late today," she said again.

I looked at her.

"Sachin called you," she said slowly.

"Um...okay thanks, I... I will just freshen up," I said.

So I started to freshen up as Riya walked back. I have a faint idea what happened.

The gang must have brought me back.

I just hope I didn't tell them anything irrelevant!

I started to dress up in my formals.

I walked out of the room and found Riya watering a potted plant.

I stilled.

Don't tell me it's that plant!

I looked and saw that I was right! It was almost withered, almost dead.

Where the hell did she find it? I thought Shanthi would have thrown it away by now!

I know she hasn't forgiven me about it and I know better than to ask her.

"Riya, why are you not attending college?" I asked and she jumped, startled to hear me, "your semester has already started."

"Ah... I... I applied for a transfer, I will be moving soon," she said.

I don't know why I am feeling uneasy again, it's what I really want!

"You can attend college, there's no need for you to stop-"

"I think it will be more comfortable for me," she said slowly. "Are you going to the company?" she asked, I could say she's trying to change the subject.

I sighed.

"Yea, I would be late today, I have some...things to take care of," I said. "Do you want me to drop you at the family house?" I asked her.

I know she's scared of being alone.

She shook her head, "I have something to do, I promised Uncle Rajan to help him with something,"

"What? Who's that!?" I looked at her.

"Our security Uncle, don't tell me you don't know his name, he's been working here for the past 12 years!" she exclaimed.

I closed my eyes. "Riya! I don't want you to do things like this! get ready, we are-"

"He helped me find my love plant! It took us nearly two hours to search for it in the trash! I owe him, Neev!"

"Riya!" I called her warningly.

"I am just helping him to get a present for his granddaughter for her birthday, I promised him, and uncle even invited us over for the birthday party, they live next to our building," she said.

God! I can't believe this!

"Riya, you can't just get involved with other people! the press people will-"

"I can't break my promise, Neev." she said stubbornly. "Uncle Rajan's wife is also coming with us, so don't worry, they are nice people,"

I sighed.

"I will call Manoj then, go with him," I said, already dialling the driver without waiting for her reply.

........................

"So did you take care of that 'important' matter?" Sachin asked as soon as I was in my office.

I looked at him, he smirked.

"Riya told me you have something urgent to do," he said.

"She told you that?" I smiled.

We both know she's a terrible liar.

"Speaking of her, I almost forgot! I called you to tell you about Atharva, you were right about Nikil Atharva, He was there at the masquerade ball,"

"What!" I looked at him, "I knew it! He was the white masked guy, I am sure of that!"

"Yup, we couldn't find him in the guest list, but his car was there and we confirmed his stay in that same hotel were the masquerade ball was going on," Sachin said. "And you wouldn't believe this," he said.

There's more?

"What's it?"

He turned his phone to me and my eyes landed on the picture, I pulled the phone out of his hands, I couldn't believe it either.

"That jerk is the MD of Atharva group?" My eyes narrowed, I read his name, "Nikil Atharva?" I looked at Sachin again. "So he's from the Atharva automobiles? how come we didn't recognise him?"

"I think he is filling his father's position in the company, he is newly appointed here in India, They were outside till now," Sachin answered.

"Atharva or not, I am going to kill him if he as much as come near Riya," I said angrily.

"But he helped Riya that day," Sachin reminded me.

"I don't feel good about him," I said darkly. "We still don't know why the MD of Atharva group is sticking around my wife-"

I stopped as my phone started to ring.

"It's your Dad!" I said and Sachin looked surprised.

"Dad?"

"Shh..." I said before attending the call.

" Hello?"

"Nivin, Are you free, I need to talk to you,"

"Is everything okay Uncle?" I asked.

"Is it a bad time? I will call you later then-"

"No no, just tell me where you are," I said, It's unusual for Uncle Dev to call me like this.

"Just free your schedule after four today, I am going out for the business trip later so I can't meet you tomorrow,"

"Okay Uncle," I said, confused now.

"What does he want?" Sachin looked at me while I disconnected.

"He wants to talk to me, Do you know anything about it?" I asked.

Sachin sighed.

"He's been weird after hearing about Riya's Dad's death, He was investigating it," Sachin said. "To be frank, Mom and I have been quite worried about him these days," Sachin said.

He was investigating Riya's Dad's death? Was it not an accident then?

"I will talk to him, don't worry," I said.

---------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.2K 672 50
Indian love story ...... # Sweet Ordinary Girl #Royal Prince charming # Enemies to lovers Every girl in this country is dying to marry me. Huh...
13.1K 664 35
It's a romcom story of 2 sister and their 1 bestfriend whose life get tangled with 'Mir brothers' of a well affluent family. "I don't believe in love...
119K 4.7K 53
First known as destined to be.... __ "Look into my eyes and say the same thing Priya, say that you don't love me anymore" he said clutching my should...
164K 5.1K 22
"I love her. I know my Priya will come back to me. My Piya-" "She is married" Irfan's words felt like a stab in my heart. As he stated the fact, it f...