Apocalypse (a twilight fanfic)

By blackdust

Amelia has been alone virtually her whole life. One day she gets a letter from her mum saying to go to the Cu... More

Apocalypse (a twilight fanfic)
Chapter 1- past
Chapter 2- story
Chapter 3- hunt
chapter 4- smile
Chapter 5- game
chapter 6- deal
Chapter 7-shopping
Chapter 8- cliff
Chapter 9- wait
Chapter 10-return
Chapter 11-family
Chapter 12-time
chapter 13-sweet
Chapter 14- proposition
Chapter 15- rematch
Chapter 16-power
chapter 17- practice
Chapter 18-confession
Chapter 19-reaction
Chapter 20- soccer
chapter 21-plan
chapter 22- talk
Chapter 23- sisters
Chapter 24
Chapter 25- call
chapter 26- desicion
chapter 27- back to forks
chapter 28- Charlie and Sue
Chapter 29- we are vampires
chapter 30- la push
Author's note! MUST READ!
Chapter 31- plans for the big day
Chapter 32- shopping for the big day
Chapter 33- the big day
Chapter 34- home sweet home
chapter 35
chapter 36- News
chapter 37- Baseball
Chapter 39- first date
Chapter 40- details
Chapter 41- First day
Chapter 42
Chapter 43- Choir
Chapter 44- Arcade
Chapter 45- Surprise
Chapter 46- note
Chapter 47- Hurt
Chapter 48- tears
Chapter 49- Gone
Chapter 50 - Comprehension
Chapter 51- Actions
Chapter 52-Fault
Chapter 53- Darkness
Chapter 54- Sense
Chapter 55- Revenge
Chapter 56- awake
Chapter 57
Chapter 58- apologies
Chapter 59- feelings
Chapter 60- Forever
Chapter 61- unexpected
Chapter 62- Answers
Chapter 63- complications
Chapter 64- Revelations
Chapter 65- Promise
Chapter 66- indecision
Chapter 67- Battle
Chapter 68- Victory
(FINAL CHAPTER) Chapter 69- Farewell

Chapter 38- Max's birthday

17.5K 158 25
By blackdust

All rights are to Stephanie Meyer!

Chapter 38- Max's birthday

***Amelia's POV***

I opened and saw that it was daytime. Finally! I have been waiting for Max's birthday for like ages! Well just like a week but it was ages! I have Max's present completed and everything! I jumped out of bed and went into my wardrobe to find something nice to wear. I will dress up for Max. I went through my clothes and then something caught my eye.

It was a dress. Yes. But I will wear it. I took it out and got out the matching tights. I then got other neccessities and then went to go shower and brush my teeth quickly. After I was finished I dried my hair before I popped on my dress.

My dress was cream and was tight around the bodice and flowed down to just above my knees. The bodice had some red embroidery on it. Otherwise the dress was simple and well great for the occasion. I then left my bathroom and went back in my closet to retieve some ballet flats to match. I then walked over to my dressing table and opened the drawers to find something.

After I few minutes of looking I found and red flower for my hair and a necklace with a little red pendant. I brushed my hair quickly and carefully and then popped the flower in then I put the necklace on. Everything matched including my ring, I never think about my ring much as I used to but it still means alot to me.

There was some lip gloss on the dresser eyeing me so I decided to put a little on. When I was done I looked in the mirror. Wow I look kind of good. Aunt Alice will be so proud! I got a little bag to carry my phone and my keyring and then I silently left my room and entered Max's. I saw that he was still seated so I sat beside him. He looks so cute when he is sleeping! He is five today not that he looks five. Before I knew what I was doing I was playing with his hair. So soft... he then began to shift.

*** Max's POV***

I felt a soft touch on my head sending sparks in my body. I knew it was Amelia she is the only one who can make me feel this way. I shifted a bit and then opened my eyes. She was sitting beside me and she had a big smile on her face. I rubbed my eyes to have a better look at her. She was wearing a cream dress what was suiting her beautifully, her hair was out and had a red flower in it and her lips were glossy pink. I sat up and I couldn't keep my eyes off her she is too beautiful I brought in my arms.

"Good morning what's the occasion?" I asked her. She turned her head to face me.

"It's your birthday!" She said. It is? Wow I never knew that...

"Is it?" I asked. She then looked at me confused and when into her little pouch and took out her phone. She went on the menu and checked the date. The 1st of September. It is my birthday. I looked at her phone wallpaper before she turned to me again. The picture was on the wedding when we were dancing on the dance floor we were both looking at each other smiling.

"Yes it is your birthday. It is the 1st of september." She said. And then she looked as if she forgot something.

"Ooh!" She said. I smiled at her.

"Yes?" I said. She gave me a hug and put her lips to my ear.

"Happy birthday!" She said happily. I smiled and then kissed her on the cheek.

"Thank you." I said to her, She then let go of me.

"So... what is it like being five?" She asked. Five. I'm five aren't I?

"Not much different I was only four yesterday." I said.

"Oh okay well you don't look five." She said.

"I know well anyway I like your outfit you are looking very beautiful- more then usual did Aunt Alice dress you?" I said. She shook her head which made me slightly confused.

"Aunt Alice didn't dress me I dressed myself and thank you!" She said and then kissed me on the cheek.

"Really?" I asked. She nodded.

"Yes I did I wanted to wear something special for you, so I did also because I want this to be your best birthday ever!" She said.

"It will be because you are here." I said. She blushed slightly.

"Aww! Thank you! Ooh I can't wait to give you your birthday present!" She said. I love seeing her like this all happy and animated.

"You got me something?" I asked. She nodded.

"Yes I did it is downstairs through." She said. I smiled at her and pulled her closer.

"I'm curious what is it?" I asked.

"I am not going to tell you it is a surprise and I really hope you like it." She said. I frowned. That's not fair! I want to know what it is!

"C'mon tell me! Please?" I asked. She shook her head.

"You could guess..." She said.

"Hmm... a game?" I said.

"Seriously Max? For your birthday I would buy you a game? I would get you a game anyway! It is something special!" She said. Okay... now I am really curious... I guess she is full of surprises.

"I'm clueless then." I said.

"That's good." I couldn't resist but stick my tongue at her so I did. She giggled and then rested her head on my chest. She had a calculating look on her face whilst looking at nothing in particular.

"What's wrong?" I asked. She looked at me and straightened her look.

"Nothing."

"Then why did you have a calculating look on your face?"

"Because."

"Because why?"

"Why what?"

"Why did you have a calculating look on your face?"

"I did?"

"Yes you did."

"I don't know."

I hate it when she does that! She messes my words so I don't have to answer to my question!

"Why do you do that?"

"What did I do?" She asked.

"You confuse me with your words!"

"To be precise I confuse you with your words." She said simply and then smiled sweetly.

"What a way to treat the birthday boy." I said.

"Sorry, I'll be good." She promised.

"Then tell why you had a calculating look!"

"Do I have to?"

"Yes!" She thought for a second.

"I love you."

"I love you too." I said and then held her closer. She then turned her head to face me and leaned in to tenderly peck me on the lips.

I was just about to lean in to kiss her but then it clicked. She is distracting me! And she is really good at it as well!

"Quit distracting me!" I said.

"Is it working?" She asked and tilting her head to the side.

"Yes." I admitted. She has got me around her little finger!

Oh well it's her and I rather it her then anyone else.

"You know if you don't want to tell me things you should distract me." She said thoughtfully.

"Just tell me please." I said. She rolled her beautiful green eyes at me.

"I'll tell you later."

"Why not now?" She shrugged.

"You should get changed now, we should be heading downstairs soon..." She said.

"Not until you tell me." I said stubbornly. She sighed.

"I guess you don't want your birthday present then..." She said and then smiled evilly.

"Fine." I said. I reluctantly let got of her and got off my bed.

"Don't take too long." She said. I smiled at her and leaned down so our faces were level.

"Don't worry I won't." I said. I then leaned in to quickly peck her on the lips and then I went into my coset to get out an outfit.

I decided to wear something nice so I went with Amelia so I settled with a crisp white shirt, and a pair of dark jeans. I then exited my closet and saw that Amelia was sitting against the head board whilst looking at her ring which was on her dainty hand. I went into my ensuite bathroom, brushed my teeth and then showered. I put on my clothes and then fixed the sleeves to my shirt and then dried my hair. I did it the way Amelia does it. It took me longer since I wasn't as fast as her but it was done. I threw it in the hamper and exited the bathroom. Amelia was now standing and facing the window, so she couldn't see me. But I knew that she knew that I was behind her. I walked up to her and wrapped my arms around her tummy and rested my chin in the crook of her neck. She turned her head slightly and smiled. She then turned around and looked at my outfit.

"You look absolutely dashing Max and to think I was 'beautiful'." She said.

"You do look beautiful." I said. She smiled.

She looked at my torso then more then she should've but it didn't bother me it just made me smile.

"Checking me out aren't you?" I asked and then arched my eyebrow. She looked to my face and blucshed slightly.

"Yes. Yes I was." She admitted. I chuckled at her response. At least she admits it. I grabbed her hand and tugged her out of the room. We went downstairs and headed for the kitchen. Amelia then stopped walking and had the same calculating look.

"Okay it is later tell me what's up with the calculating look!" I said. She looked at me and smiled.

"It is not later yet and I'm hungry." She said. I rolled my eyes at her and she then went ahead of me and held the kitchen door knob. She then had the same calculated look and I swear it will drive me crazy if she doesn't tell me.

"Amelia!" I said.

"Shhh!" She said then I felt my eyes snap shut and the door open. I took some steps forward unintentionally.

Why is she controlling me? Something is really up! My eyes then opened.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAX!" everyone said. I smiled. The kitchen was decorated with streamers and banners saying happy birthday. The whole family apart from me and Amelia, even Charlie and Sue and Seth and Cheryl was here they had themselves around the dining table- which was filled of presents and had a big cake. I have a feeling that Jacob and Seth is going to eat most of that. I was happy that they could get get a lot of people here.

"Thank you everyone!" I said happily. I guess I was the only one who forgot about my birthday. Mum then came over to me and hugged me.

"Happy birthday Max." She said.

"Thanks mum." I said and smiled at her. I then went around and then was hugged and greeted by everyone. I then talked to Seth for a few minutes.

"Hey Seth it's been a few weeks." I said and gave him a hug. He returned the hug.

"Yeah I know man. And Happy birthday! I was wondering when you were coming down. I guess you were 'busy'." He said. I laughed.

"I guess I was. It wasn't my fault anyway she was distracting me!" I said. He laughed.

"I know girls can be so... distracting at times especially when they don't want to tell you things." He said.

"I agree. I guess girls will be girls." I said. He nodded.

Then Amelia came alongside Cheryl, she hugged me and then said happy birthday again. I held on to her. She then after a few minutes let go of me and went to the table to get something. She then came back with a rectangular object wrapped up. It had a bow and a card on it.

"Happy birthday. Again." She said. Then my dad came with a present in his hands.

"No Amelia he is going to open mine first." He said.

"No he is going to open mine." Amelia said.

"Mine."

"Mine."

"Mine."

"Mine."

"Guys! Calm down." I said.

"Son, tell her that you are going to open mine first." Dad said to me. He gave me an expectant look, the look I was scared of a few years ago. Then mum came over saving me from answering. It is not that I can't decide who's present to open because that is easy. I would open Amelia's first, but I am curious to what my dad would say to that.

"You two stop fighting and there will be no opening presents til after the cake is cut." mum said firmly. Dad and Amelia nodded obediently. I was then taken over to the table by mum abd everyone gathered around. The cake was big and had a picture of me when I was younger on it. The picture was taken when I looked like I was five years old. I had my underwear over my trousers and I had a cape on. I remember that, I was a very big fan of superman.

"Aww! Max you look so cute there!" Amelia cooed. I felt my blood rush to my cheeks slightly. It's kind of weird having your girlfriend/soulmate seeing a picture like that. Then my mum passed me a knife. I remember on my first birthday I tried to stab myself and then whined when they took it off me. Then as I was about to cut a slice of the cake everyone started to sing happy birthday. I made a 'wish' and blew out the candle and then started to cut a slice.

I felt for Amelia because she didn't know the words and was trying to keep up. Shes then accidently sang another line after everyone was finished. Everyone laughed and she just stood there and crossed her arms over her chest.

"It's not my fault! I was told like 45 seconds ago that there was a birthday song!" she said. I grabbed her with my free arm and kissed her on the kiss, letting the room fill with awws and whistles. Amelia blushed slightly. Then everyone, well nearly everyone, ate cake. I fed Amelia some because she was making faces at her slice. And she liked it but she still complained. After the cake was finished, thanks to Jacob and Seth as I predicted, we went into the family room for presents. Everyone sat themselves down. Amelia held her present in front of me with a pleading look.

"Mine first please!" she said.

"Sure Amelia anything for you." I said and took it off her. The room fell silent and Aunt Alice took photos. I took off the card first and placed it beside me so I could open the present. I unwrapped the rectangular parcel and it appeared to be a book. A photo album to be precise. I opened it and on the first page it said Max and Amelia in delicate yet childlike handwriting. I turned the page and saw pictures of us to together annotated with little notes. There was one that made me smile and it was an arrow pointed to my head saying awesome hair. On the last page she wrote on said I love you, you will always be mine as I am always your. It had a picture next robot will her in my arms and we are looking at eachother lovingly. I turned to Amelia who had her fingers crossed and was half excited and half freaking out.

"Do you like it?" she asked.

"Amelia I love it thank you." I said and wrapped my arm around her so I could bring her closer for a peck on the cheek. We weren't aware of anybody else, it was like it was just us. Until we got interrupted by none of the less but my dad. We weren't doing anything just looking at each other lovingly as we did in the picture. I then opened my other presents. Seth and Cheryl gave me designer sunglasses, Charlie and Sue gave me an one hundred dollar check, Ness and Jacob gave me a top saying I'm Amelia's, Aunt Alice and Uncle Jasper gave me clothes (no surprise there), Grandpa abd Grandma gave me a new cell phone, Uncle Edward and Aunt Bella gave me stereo with a few cds and lastly mum and dad gave me a PS3 with a bundle of games for my rooms. I then opened the cards I was given. I opened Amelia's first to see her beautiful writing again. On the front it had a picture of me and her saying to my beautiful boyfriend on his birthday. I opened and read the contents.

To Max,

Happy birthday and have a great day,

A birthday is that one day of the year which is yours to enjoy and I hope this will be your best birthday ever!

Lots of hugs and kisses,

Your Amelia x

P.S. I love you.

I smiled at the message inside this truly will be my best birthday ever because I get to spend it with the one I love the most. I grabbed Amelia again from beside me and put my lips to her ear.

"I love you too and thank you." I whispered to her. She smiled and gave me a hug the room again was filled with awws.

"Do I get my lots of hugs and kisses?" I asked her.

"Later when no one is around." she whispered to me acknowledging the presence of everyone in the room.

After opening all my cards I was also given another warning by Ness that if I break Amelia's heart she would kill me. I would never do such a thing! Amelia has gone through a lot in her life and I promise that I would not make anything bad for her.

After my presents that my family generously gave me we decided to go.out and have some fun.

We left the house and decided to go bowling. When we arrived we booked an alley and then changed shoes. Aunt Alice was complaining that it wasn't matching her outfit. Which made everybody laugh. When we reached the alley we decided get into teams. It was Uncle Edward, Aunt Bella and Charlie in team one, in team two there was Aunt Alice, Sue and Ness, in team three there was dad, Seth and Cheryl. In team four was Jacob, Uncle Jasper and Mum and it team five was me and Amelia. Everyone thought that since Amelia had advantages she should only be in a group of two with me.

Amelia was pretty new to this so she watched everyone in great detail. When it was our turn she still asked me to demonstrate.

"Help me please!" she said as she held a bowling ball easily in her hand.

"Like this Amelia." I said and then showed her. She nodded but still looked nervous. I think she is nervous about breaking something. She stepped up to the alley and gracefully swung the ball. It went straight in the middle of the lane, at a fast speed. The ball knocked down all of the pins. She looked at me whilst biting her lip.

"Was that good?" she asked.

"Yes it was very good." I said. She smiled and then hugged me.

The game finished quite quickly. Amelia managed to somehow put a small dent in the lane and very broke one of the pins. We decided to play a few games and then settled with champions. First was Uncle Edward, Aunt Bella and Charlie then Mum, Jacob and Uncle Jazz then me and Amelia then, dad, Seth and Cheryl then Aunt Alice, Ness and Sue. The scores were pretty much close other wise.

After some of us was hungry abd decided to eat so we went to a pizzaria. Amelia kept on making faces at her food but managed to eat half a slice of pizza.

*

My head lay on Amelia's lap as she thoughtfully played with my hair. I glanced at the clock and it was edging to eleven o'clock. I thought back to the events of today. The presents, the bowling and the pizza. After we just came home and had a great time. It turns out that Seth, Cheryl, Charlie and Sue are staying for a couple of days.

Amelia traced her fingers over the features of my face, like she was memorizing everything. She occasionally would play with my fingers. I loved her little touches which sent shivers down my spine and sparks to soar throughout my being.

"I love you Max." she said to me whilst looking me straight in the eye.

"I love you too and thanking you for making it my best birthday ever." I said.

"Anything for you Maxie." she said and then yawned. I got up and then cradled her into my chest. She was beginning to shiver to so I took off my shirt and put it around her. She slid her bare arms through the sleeves. She put on hand on my abs and started to stroke them mindlessly. After a while she looked up to me.

"I didn't give you your lots of hugs and kisses." she said.

"It's alright we have forever for that." I said. She smiled and leaned in til our lips met. Our lips moved in their own way but stayed together. She snakes her hands around my neck and started to play with my hair. My hands were on her mid back as I pulled her closer to me. That's all I needed her to be in my arms. To always know that she is by me side and safe. Because I couldn't live without her and hopefully never will.

********************************************************************************************************************************

Hey guys! You better love me because it is two in the freaking morning! I am so tired!

I was going to upload earlier but I had writers block! Also I am dedicating this chapter to Carlisle7309 because she helped me and gave me ideas! So thank you and you rock!

I have like five or six people helping me with my questions! And if you give me answers I will dedicate chapters to all of yous! The first five or six school chapters anyway.

And guys you yet haven't cracked where Max is taking Amelia! So please keep on guessing!

CYA

AMI XD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 119 14
"Are you lost?," I asked softly when I was a few feet away from her. She shook her head no. "I'm waiting for my mommy to come back for me," She said...
1.4K 153 48
Everyone. You have to keep everyone at arms length. Never get to close because before you know it... There gone. Amelia has gone throughout her whol...
397 40 41
Amelia has just started university. She writes her personnal diary through letters to her parents that she never sends. Go through her story, her ups...
21K 941 39
All Amelia ever wanted was to have a normal life. To have her parents married forever, her big brother there for her, to have lots of friends, and fo...