Friends With Benefits

By TheShonelleAct

Violet Shay, and Elliot Ritchers are best friends. Well best friends with Benefits. More

The Breakdown
Friends With Benefits Right?
Time For Fun
Behind These Gray Eyes
The Times We Have
Sex Can Be A Real Downer
What's Love Got To Do With It?
Tell Me That You Love Me
Help With My Strings
Can You Believe It?
Let's Get This Started
The Untold Secret
Bitter Memories
Who Desires Most?
Dance Without Regrets
The Secrets Revealed
Did I Do That?
You Can't Just Fix The Past
You Didn't Have To Do That
Can You Hear Me?
Maybe A Cold Shower Will Help?
I Was Not Expecting That
Epilouge-My Choice Is Made
Got Questions?

Leave Me Breathless

129K 2K 276
By TheShonelleAct

Copyright 2020 by Shonethelite

As I looked out the window at the darkened trees I couldn't get the image of Elliot's face out of my head. We weren't in any type of relationship so why should I be upset? He was my friend so he'd understand right?

Sean stretched over and turned the volume down on the radio. "Are you feeling okay? You seem a little quiet. I've only known you for a few but you don't seem like the quiet type." I smirked a little. Being quiet really isn't my jam. Besides I don't blame him at all. I've been moping since I've gotten in the car. All because of Elliot and his face. As always.

I finally looked at him. "I'm fine." I forced a grin and pointed at my teeth. "See?" He smirked a little. "You really are a great actress Violet, too bad I am too." He mischievously grinned at the road.

I made my smile more sincere now. "Now that is what I'm talking about." He exclaimed.

 "Too bad I was acting." I replied coolly. 

We reached a red light and he looked at me his face full of pained definitely over the top dramatic. His lips were pursed out like a toddler who just got told no for the first time. I couldn't control it anymore, I laughed out loud which made my whole body shake.

"I win." He whispered. I tried to frown but I couldn't. Sean did make me feel a lot better. Which is hard to do when I'm upset.

"Thank you." I said softly.

"No problem." He said winking at me. My chest fluttered again and I leaned back into the chair resuming staring at the trees. 

The car suddenly stopped and I snapped back to reality trying to make sense of my surroundings. I looked around and all I saw were  more trees but much taller and fuller. "Where are we?" I asked.

"Come see." He said eagerly getting out the car. I followed after and looked around to see the setting around me. It was a wider space than I thought and we were high up looking down at the city we recently left. I looked up to see the moon and tiny bright dots.

"What are those?" I asked pointing at the sky. 

"Stars." He answered and then I gasped. "We actually have those around here?!" I shrieked. We lived in the city for the most part and everywhere on every streets were lights. I haven't seen a large set of stars like this since I was a child before they had developed much more of the area around us. I may sound like a complete idiot but I really didn't think I would get to see stars so close to my home again. I heard Sean's chuckle start slow and grow into a roaring laughter session. I narrowed my eyes at him. "Whats so funny?"

When he finally stopped dry heaving with laughter he wiped his eyes and stared at me. "You're just so cute." He said softly taking a step towards me. Sean stopped walking when he was inches from my face.

He was just so... attractive.

I felt as if I was under a spell and swayed along with the breeze. He held me securely though after a couple of wobbles keeping me steady.

"Do you like this place?" He asked snapping me out of my trance.

I backed away from him and started walking carefully towards the edge. "It's really nice up here. I love it."

"Yeah, I think so too. Whenever I need to memorize my lines or clear my head I come up here." He said his voice distant. It's still weird how much Sean and I were a like. We both loved acting and we enjoyed our time alone from everyone and everything sometimes often. I needed a place like this bad. But I rarely got time to myself much anymore.

I felt the strongest urge to ask a another question. But it may ruin things... ah, hell.

"How many girls have you brought up here?" I heard myself ask. Come on now, I had to know. This was all too early 2000s movie for me not to ask this question. 

He didn't looked shocked or offended at all. He continued to smile. "You're the first."

He walked over to me again and I stood still. He better kiss me this time or I'll start yelling. "Oh." I said slowly not letting my eyes move from his. "Violet can I ask you a question?" He said raising him eyebrow. I nodded. "Shoot."

"Do you believe in Fate?"

Did I? It would explain how me and Sean met. It would explain how Elliot and I came to be what we are now. It would explain every audition I ended up getting or losing. But did I really believe in it?

"I'm not sure... why?"

He gave me a sly smile, walked back to his car, and hopped on the hood. I tilted my head and continued to stare at him. He patted the spot next to him and I followed.

"When I was in the book store that day I was trying to research something. A disease my mother has." He suddenly said. I turned my head to face him properly, unsure of what to say. Plenty of my friends have been through issues like this but I never know what to say. I'm pretty sure no one knows.

I settle for what I usually do. I reached for his hand and give it a light squeeze. He smiled sadly at me and squeezed back. "I'm sure you don't want to hear a depressing story on our first date. Not very sexy." He said wrinkling his nose. It was an adorable look on him.

"Its fine. First date's are suppose to be where we talk about each other right? We'll just start with you. You can tell me anything Sean I'm here to listen." I added. He raised his eyebrows as if to ask me Are you sure? I nodded and he sighed.

"If you say so..." He shifted closer to me and I breathed in his smell. It was hard to describe and I couldn't exactly pinpoint what it was. But it was mesmerizing.

"My mother was the only one taking care of me and my little brother Jake for the majority of my life. My father--the asshole--left. He was abusive and lazy. He left some time around when my mother found out how sick she was. He found her useless to his needs and that was it I guess. That was maybe five years ago. A complete waste of space and yet my mom still clung after him. She still thinks about him as some god I'm sure. Jake was too young to understand what was happening and I never was there when it went down. And for awhile my mother just acted like it never happened and whenever we got home he made sure enough of the evidence was gone."

"Evidence?" My voice barely squeaked.

He nodded solemnly. "The things... he would hit her with. I won't go into details but it wasn't pretty. It wasn't until three days after he left that I figured it out on my own." He clenched his fist in anger and I wanted so badly to reach out and hug him. But he wasn't finished talking, I could tell.

"The doctors told us the disease was caught through a common cold. The type of cold you get when you stand outside in the rain for too long without the proper clothing. She later admitted that she would stand outside my father's apartment begging for him to come back. Because she needed him. She had to have him in her life. So I went to the library that day to look up anything else I could find that the doctors couldn't see. Doctors are a waste of time these days. And since my mother thankfully works at home she can pay for some of her treatments but the little acting things I've done has paid for the majority of it. Which is fine, I prefer it that way I guess." He frowned and his face was turning red. He gripped my hand tighter, I winced a little but didn't pull away. He needed this right now and I wasn't going to let him stop now. 

It was quiet for awhile and the cool air flowed around us. I had to ask though "What happened to your brother Jake?" I realized he never said anything else besides the fact that he was his brother.

"He's still well and still has life in him. He doesn't understand what's going on with mom more than I do. For all he knows our mom is just sick. That's why I love acting so much, it's a way to get away from average life and be something completely different. Not to mention the money." He smirked but it didn't have the same light. I could tell how he used humor to cover up his pain.

"Acting does help that." I commented. "But it doesn't fix everything."

He nodded. "I know, but it helps."

I've been acting since I could remember. I've been hiding it only for a short amount of years. Did I forget to mention that?

"What about you?"

I was barely paying attention. "Hm?" I asked. "What made you fall in love with acting?" I shrugged my shoulders realizing I was still holding his hand. "I always thought it was cool. Becoming a princess or becoming a warrior. You can alter yourself but you never fully lose who you are. I love the excitement of being in front of tons of people too." I answered and then I sighed. "I wish that I could be open about it though."

He frowned. "What do you mean?"

"My parents are...." Touchy? Hard-asses? Evil? "...difficult" I said. "They both have really successful jobs and they don't think acting is very good for me. They think I have more potential." I made quotation marks when I said 'potential'

He scoffed. "That's stupid."

"I know."

"I think you should tell them where to kiss it."

I laughed. "Yeah and right after they can shove guilt down my throat." They were nice parents. Sure they neglected me and Sherry sometimes but they are nice enough. I just wish they would let me follow my dream. "You see... my sister is perfect. And once the good grades from her started flowing in they stopped me from doing what I love. That includes singing too and--"

"You sing?" He interrupted his eyes getting wide. I narrowed my eyes at him. "Yeah I do. Don't think I can?" His smile was dazzling. "I never said that."

I scoffed. "But you implied it."

He rolled his eyes but the smile stayed on his lips. "You were saying?" He asked bringing the other topic back.

"It's just hard to be me sometimes. They expect a lot out of me. Get good grades, pass all of my classes, take care of my little sister, and take care of the house. Without my passions I would go completely insane."

It was quiet for awhile and I started thinking I ruined the mood. I hoped I didn't.

"We are a pretty sad aren't we?" He said.

"What do you mean?"

"Here we are on a date and we're talking about the most depressing things in the world. We have a beautiful view in front of us," He pointed to the view, "I have a gorgeous girl laying next to me," He winked at me, "And here we are, talking about how miserable our lives are." He shook his head in mock disbelief and I started to laugh. "Oh my god you're right. We should just call the police to arrest us for being so pathetic." I said sarcastically.

"Better yet. Let's get the big man upstairs to strike us with lightening. HEY IF YOU CAN HEAR ME MAKE SOMETHING EXPLODE!" He bellowed to the sky and I shh him trying to keep in my laughter. "People can hear you ya psycho!" I whacked him on the arm.

"So?" He answered pure delight in his eyes. He let go of my hand and it suddenly got cold. "If we cared what people think we wouldn't act." He said.

The man was wise.

I slide off the car and hit the ground with a thud. I cursed under my breath. Only me.

A pair of strong hands grabbed my arms and pulled me up. He then moved his hand on my waist.

I looked up at him filled with anticipation. Waiting...

Then I started to laugh out loud. He looked at me like I was crazy. "What?"

"Do I have to have ever cliche movie scene with you?" I said holding my sides. He started to laugh to. "You're right. I guess I'll have to do something spontaneous than." He let go off me a little too soon and I got cold again.

Seriously body? Can you stay one freaking temperature?

I looked out at the view again. The lights of the buildings still on and bright. "Hey Sea-"

I would have said his name if it weren't for a pair of lips on mine. My chest fluttered for the millionth time tonight and I melted into the kiss. His hand held me securely on my back and I wrapped my arms around his neck. His lips danced with mine and the kiss was seemingly... well sweet. Different from what I'm used to. But I had to admit.

It was nice

Okay, I'm lying. It was freaking amazing. And far too soon did his lips leave mine.

"Was that cliche?" He asked his voice breathless.

I shrugged even though I was breathless as well. "Eh...." I stuck my palm out and turned it side to side. He took a step back and opened his mouth wide and pretended to be sad. He was a really good actor.

I laughed and wrapped my arms around his waist. "It was great Sean, honest."

I didn't think of Elliot not once through.

Except for just now.

Dammit...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.2K 588 16
Gemma Dwyer was always an outcast. . . So why did a sex map make her one of the "in" crowd. spider/oc focused. Eventually, ant/oc/spider: kind of. W...
Lucent By ads ¡¡

Teen Fiction

146K 3.4K 17
lucent (adj); softly bright or radiant ✿ ✿ ✿ My brother's hand traces the cut on my right cheek for some minutes. I have no idea how a cut can b...
524K 47.5K 34
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...
156K 5.6K 61
An Indian brother-sister/family story. The Singhania family is the most prestigious family in the country. Together, they seemed to be invincible...