Beauty and the Nerd

By keys15

Beauty: the one and only Kassandra Grand aka Kassie. 5'4, great smile, golden hair made from the gods, brown... More

Beauty and the Nerd Chapter one
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten status update
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Fifteen

3.7K 126 14
By keys15

Chapter Fifteen

The week went strangely quick for me and suddenly was Friday night. The night of Kassie's party, but we are running late because we have to get some costumes.

There are literally so many aisles in the Party Warehouse you could probably get lost in it. We have already had Hannah go missing and Mikey and Tyler are just barely sticking together with me as we make our way to the costumes.

"I think I know already what I want to be." Says Tyler.

"And what is that?" Mikey asks him.

"A badass." He smirks and runs his hand through his hair like in the movies.

"You can't be what you already are, Tyler." I say to him while pushing the cart.

"Well then I guess the idea for you being a nerd is down the drain."

"I wasn't planning on being a nerd anyways." I say truthfully. Actually I have no idea what I want to be.

We get to the costume aisle and I cannot emphasize the amount of costumes there are. This Party Warehouse probably has everything imaginable.

"Whoa man this is going to take us all day," Mikey announce while going a head and grabbing a random costume, "Tyler, how about a ballerina for you. You know the little pink tutu would just match your eyes."

"That's hilarious man, but,". He says sarcastically, "I think you should be Little Bo-Peep. It shows off your curves." They laugh at each other.

We start to search through all the different costumes and Mikey has decided to be Batman, which is no surprise to me since he is more obsessed then anyone I know.

Tyler hasn't picked one yet and neither have I. I don't think either of us see anything we like or we are both just too picky for our own good.

This is Kassie Grand's party. You can't simply show up without the perfect costume. Everyone will judge you based on your costume, it's just the way it goes.

Then again I don't really want to have all eyes on me. And with the whole scenario with Brandon and I, I have a feeling most eyes are going to be anyways.

"I don't want anything too flashy though, maybe something that blends in." I say while searching and putting back costumes one after another.

"I think you would stick out anyways Pete. People are starting rumors that you're the reason Kassie and Brandon broke up." Mikey says.

"Greaaat." I say sacrcastily.

"Oh my god Peter. I found the perfect costume for you," Tyler laughs while he hold it up, "Spider-Man."

"Just because my names Peter doesn't mean I'm going to be Spider-Man. I think it would be too obvious." I laugh though along with him.

"Can't you just try it on for fun? What's gonna happen?" Tyler tries to convince me and then I agree ignoring the 'what's gonna happen?'

I go to the dressing rooms and try the Spider-Man costume on. It sticks to my body like glue and due to my nonexistent muscles I look like a giant freak with abnormal long arms and legs.

I put on the face mask and it's incredibly itchy. I look at myself through the mirror and cock my head to the side.

"Are you done in there Pete? I want to see ya." Tyler says startling me because I didn't know he was in here with me.

I open the door and bend down to get on my hands to look like the real Spider-Man. I spot a shadow on the wall a little ways down and jump out to attack, but my victim turns out to be a little girl who is probably only eight in a witch costume who screams in terror.

She beats me with the broom in her hand and I fall to the ground yelping, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I thought you were someone else." While putting my arms up in defense.

Then with my luck, the mother comes out and yells in panic, "Leave my little girl alone. You weird man-child Spider-Man psycho." She grabs her child and runs out of the room. They leave me curled up in a ball laying on the floor.

I hear hysterical laughing down the hall and see Tyler barely keeping himself from falling on the ground laughing his head off. "I'm...over here...Peter." He barely gets out.

I groan as I get up. That little girl can sure cause some pain from a play broom.

"I should of known something was going to happen." I moan out.

"That little girl beat the shit out of you." He laughs even harder. "Weird man-child Spider-Man down for the count."

"I think that settles it. I'm not going to be Spider-Man today or ever in my life." I state and try to rub my back from the pounding I took.

"You get beaten up easily man. First Brandon then a little girl? Haha thank god you're not the real Spider-Man. We'd all die laughing from your fighting skills." He laughs as I go back into my dressing room to change back into my regular clothes.

"I'm pretty sure that wasn't a little girl. I think she was a biker in disguise sent to beat me up." I say trying to make my beating sound not as bad, but I don't think it's working.

"Oh yeah, that little witch had biker written all over her. I think I saw a beard and tattoo under all that glitter and costume." He says with another set of laughs and I can just imagine the smile on his face now.

I try to peel the costume off my body and end up tripping in the process and hitting the wall. I survive taking off the costume and continue putting back on my clothes.

"I'm never going to live this down am I?" I ask him when I come back out.

"Not in my book. You're just lucky I don't believe in Facebook or twitter because I would have spread this all over the internet." He adds and we go back out to find more costumes.

"How did the Spider-Man costume work out?" Mikey ask me while looking for other costumes.

"You don't want to know..." I say while putting the Spider-Man costume back, "It was almost scary."

"Haha it was terrifying alright." Tyler just won't let it go.

We continue searching for costumes when Hannah runs up to us like a little child with a huge grin on her face. When she gets like this, anything could have happened.

"You will not believe what I found." She says with excitement.

"You're considered an adult yet you act like a child?" Mikey says to her. She glares at him first then responds.

"I found this awesome make-up kit to go along with your costumes." Hannah holds it up to show us.

"Wow, they sell those thing? No way, at a party warehouse. I would have never guessed." Mikey says sarcastically.

"You know Mikey, you're really getting on my nerves with your attitude." She puts her hands on her hips.

"It was just the way you acted, it sounded almost as if you found God in one of the aisles." He says chuckles.

"I thought he was busy this weekend." Tyler ponders playing around with Mikey.

Mikey shrugs his shoulders, "I guess not."

"You guys are the childish ones." Hannah says and puts her arm around me, "That's why Peter's my favorite."

I quickly escape from her grasp and say, "Don't drag me into this."

"We are going to be late if we keep going on like this." Mikey says.

"I don't see why you guys are going. Kassie only invited me." I say to both Tyler and Mikey.

"Everyone is going to be at this party whether she likes it or not." Mikey adds.

"I still need a costume."

"How about a cowboy?" Hannah asks holding up another one.

"Nah, that's kinda lame." I say.

"How about a bank robber? It will hide your face at least." Tyler says as well.

"Ummm, no."

"You're a wizard, Harry." Mikey says in Hagrid's accent from Harry Potter and holding up a costume.

"You can be Peter Potter. Haha." Tyler laughs.

"I don't think so."

"Damn, you're picky. Like a women." Tyler states and Hannah punches him in the arm.

"I don't know guys. I can't find anything in here that I especially like and won't bring attention to me." I continue looking through all the outfits when I come upon one last one, "how about this?"

"With this makeup kit, we could totally do that Peter." Hannah says excited.

"And it wouldn't show your face as much either." Mikey agrees.

"This is perfect." I say and choose the costume.

**********************

We arrive at Kassie's house and it's medium sized with a front porch with white siding.

People filter in and out the front door. It isn't as big as the last party I went to and hope it doesn't end the same way either.

Mikey makes a good Batman with his muscles and I still can't believe Tyler came as an angel when he is the farthest thing from it. He wears a white shirt with strap on wings and white pants as well. Lets just say he only had to pay for the wings.

It took Hannah a hour to do all my makeup and I am planning on acting like one too. My costume isn't exactly original but it somehow hides my face.

We walk into the house and I see Kassie over in the corner talking to some friends. She is wearing a genie costume with her hair up in a bun, her costume has the whole baggie pants and shows her stomach just a bit, but not too much.

"Go talk to her man," Tyler gives me a small shove and I see Mikey has already abandoned us for some friends of his, "It could be your only chance."

I begin to walk to her and am just about to tap her on the shoulder when another guy comes up to talk to her before I have the chance to.

I give up for the moment and walk to the counter to get a drink. Surprisingly there isn't any booze which I bet is because Kassie doesn't want to have 'that' kind of party.

I take out the turquoise bracelet in my pocket just to make sure it's in there and stare at it for a moment then place it back in. I will give it to her when the time is right.

******************************

I have been here for an hour and still haven't gotten the chance to speak with Kassie. It is now 9:54, and I'm wondering where my brother is and Tyler.

I have roamed around the house multiple times just to find them but can't.

I lean against the hallway in the basement as I take a sip of my drink and am extremely bored.

That is when two girls who are dressed us as Siamese twins come up to me and giggle.

"Can I help you?" I ask them suspiciously.

"We need your help." The one on the right smiles.

"With what?"

"Come with us." They grab my upper arms and I don't put up much of a fight because I have no idea what's going on.

"Kay" I go along with them.

We walk upstairs and eventually we come to a wooden door.

"We are here." They say identically. It's actually really creepy and I am about to rip away from their hands when they let go and open the door.

"It's pitch dark in there." I tell them and before I can do anything wake I am shoved into the room.

"Hey! Hey! Let me out!" I try to open the door but its locked. "What are you going to do? Leave me in here all night?"

I get no answer in return and continue to pound against the wall.

"What the hell?" I say to myself.

**************************

Another update!

Sorry about the cliffhanger and mistakes.

So any ideas what he is? Huh? It will be explained in the next chapter!

And I plan to do another chapter in Kassie's POV....

Tell me what you think!

Please Vote and Comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142K 5.2K 23
One of the main characters of this story isn't your average pretty, size zero, micro mini type of girls. Let me introduce Ava Jacobson. Now don't get...
Always ✔ By KIRA

Teen Fiction

286K 11.6K 51
[COMPLETED] Logan and I were the nerds of Whitney High but it's not like we cared. I was his other half and he was mine. Best friends - we called ea...
Shy Boy By key

Short Story

192K 5.8K 21
There was a boy that likes a girl. He always took notice of her even when she wasn't aware of his presence. With his nerdy appearance and his black-r...
113K 3.3K 49
[Featured on @YARomance, @NA, @Teenfiction, @Contemporarylit] "I feel him lean closer towards me and softly whispers into my ear, 'I just want the be...