Déjà vu? Not Quite.

By FarihaTariq62

Déjà vu, from French, literally "already seen", is the phenomenon of having the strong sensation that an even... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
A/N

Chapter 5

13.7K 396 227
By FarihaTariq62

Naruto cringed at the loud voices of the occupants, present in the room. She glanced at them. Konoha 12 was present with their sensies and families. And also the three sanins...wait what?

Naruto gape at Orochimaru, who was calmly standing with Tsunade and Jiraya. Kushina caught this exchange and lightly nudge Naruto, snapping her out of the daze.

"ERO-SANIN!?" She roared. Jiraiya jumped at the sudden shout, so did the other people.

"I told you, your trusted ones! What is he doing here? 'ttebayo!?" She pointed accusing finger at the snake sanin, her angry tone was echoing in the room.

Minato step forward, "Orochimaru-sama is trustworthy."

Naruto's jaw dropped in disbelief, "Sama. Trustworthy!?" She turned to Jiraiya, who nodded in agreement with Sarutobi.

Jiraiya put an hand on her shoulder, "Kid, Orochimaru is one of the most trusted shinobi in in the leaf. He is also the head of scientific research department. He also Sasuke's master."

Naruto looked in Sasuke's eyes. Sharingan was activated.

"Teme, Is it true?"

"Please, Don't call me so with vulgar names. I don't appreciate it but yes it is true." Said Sasuke, politely.

Naruto looked impressed, "wow... maybe this place is different. Never in my life, Teme was polite to me."

Sasuke along with Itachi deadpanned at the name.

"Alright! If Ero-sanin trust you. I'll trust you too. But if you tried anything, I'll grill your snakey ass. 'attebayo!" Naruto paused, "Okay, Inoichi-oji Do your mind jutsu. I'm ready."

Inoichi raised his eyebrow, "You're probably the first person who is so excited to get her memories checked." He motioned at the chair, "sit down and relax. It might hurt a little."

Naruto looked at Obito and the brown haired lady, probably Rin and shrugged. If they are trusted then no problem

Naruto did as she was told, "Oh! Before you started. Don't get startled by my guest."

"What guest?" Minato asked, curiously.

Naruto winked at Kushina, patting her belly, lightly.

She watched as her parents eyes widened and Jiraiya gasped.

"N-No way..." he whispered.

Naruto let out a laugh, "Yes way!" She nodded at Inoichi to get started. He did so.

Naruto felt a surge of Chakra and everything went blank. She woke up in her mind. She saw all the people

"Hey guys!" People turned to the grinning blonde and gasped.

"N-n-naruto! Get away!" Kushina was frantic. Minato was already ready for attack. So were others.

"Naruto get away from it!" Minato yelled but the blonde girl looked even more confuse. She looked passed her shoulder and chuckled.

Kurama was sitting on the grassy ground, looking extremely amused, "Roar." He said in the most monotonous voice ever.

Kushina screamed. Naruto ran to Kushina and grab her arm.

"Calm down, mom. He won't hurt you. He's my friend. You asked me to trust Orochimaru. So, trust me on this." She turned to Kurama and gave him a unamused glare, "And stop with that stuff. You aren't helping."

"I never said I would help." Kurama smirk.

"So this is Kyuubi." Kakashi stared in an awe at his huge tails, swishing like a fire.

"Breathtaking." Commented Orochimaru.

Itachi nodded in approval," Breathtaking indeed."

Naruto blew a raspberry. She looked at Kurama who was soaking the praise like sponge, "Not really. Don't praise him so much. It might get in his head." She said nonchalantly.

"Jealous, brat?" She could hear the smugness.

"Me! Hah! As if. You forgot whose the hero!" She scoffed.

"Ahem." Sarutobi smiled kindly, "I think we shall start."

"Whatever! Just setting this fuzz ball straight." She defended.

Inoichi step forward "The jutsu I performed lets me project memories on a flat surface, like onto a wall. It won't show her whole life but shows important memories of her life. This happens chronologically. The oldest memories first. I control the jutsu so it can be stopped and resumed at any time. Almost like a movie."

"Important memories? Meaning you don't choose them?" As always, Shikamaru was the one who caught the implication.

Inoichi shook his head. "No, only memories that Naruto considers to be milestones in her life."

"Any more questions?" Asked the Hokage.

"Not at the moment." Grinned Jiraiya. "Let's get this show started!"

Inoichi waited until everyone was comfortable, turned out the light and painted a simple seal on the back of Naruto's neck. He made 4 matching seals on the wall. The rectangular space between the seals would work as a monitor for the images of the memories.

He quickly went through the required hand seals and activated the jutsu.

Small legs became visible, clad in blue ninja sandals and orange pants. It was a child, blond with goggles on her head, in a black t-shirt and with a can of paint in her hand. The kid, not older than 12 years old, was laughing brightly. Two shinobi were chasing him, clearly annoyed.

"Is that you? What did you do, brat?" asked Jiraiya.

"Yes that's me. And I'm sure you'll be shown what I did." Grinned Naruto.

"Why did you do such a thing?" Yelled one of them annoyed. "You're really going to get it this time!"

They chased the child around the village, passing next to the Hokage monument. Someone had painted doodles on the faces of the four Hokages in different colours. Every Hokage had a bloody nose and some scars and feminine eyelashes were added.

Jiraiya started laughing loudly, nearly falling out of his chair.

Hiruzen immediately hit him on his head, making his student fall on the ground.

"I don't care, dattebayo!" yelled the blond. "You know your problem? You can't do the things I do! Only I can do this! I'm better than all of you! 'ttabayo!"

Random shinobi could be heard screaming.

"There's a problem sir."

"Hokage-sama."

Sarutobi Hiruzen regarded the shinobi who entered his office with an annoyed look.

"What is it?" His hand stilled in the middle of writing a kanji. "Did Naruto do something again?"

"From that reaction I'm assuming this happens all the time?" asked Minato amused.

Naruto only laughed brightly at her father. Amused, she wondered what the man would do if he knew his face was up there that she vandalized. Still, it felt so good to interact with him. She had been raised as an orphan after all.

Without being too bothered, he continued writing. The two shinobi in his office looked frantic.

"Yes, she climbed onto the Hokage Mountain and ..."

"And she vandalised and sprayed graffiti all over them!" Cut the second shinobi in.
Almost bored, as if it was a daily occurrence, the Hokage calmly blow out the smoke from his pipe.

Outside, the chase was still on. Two shinobi were still running after the blond kid named Naruto.

"Wait!"

After they passed an alley with wooden panels, a piece of cloth, painted to look just like the panelling, was removed to show a grinning blond.

With her hand rubbing the back of her head, the kid laughed, clearly thinking she had lost them.

"Idiots." Muttered Dan. He made a mental to look into their training regimen.

"Why wouldn't I?" The girl answered the shinobis' earlier demand as if they were still there and not just part of a memory.

An angry chunin, with his brown hair in a ponytail and a horizontal scar across his nose, appeared behind her.

"HEY, NARUTO!"

Not expecting that, the blond jumped high in the air, screaming. Somehow she turned around in mid-air and fell on her behind.

"How did you suddenly get here, Iruka-sensei?"

The chunin pointed a finger at her and frowned.

"The question is: what are you doing here when you should be in class?"

The next scene showed the Ninja Academy, with Iruka lecturing a tied-up Naruto in the classroom.

"You managed to outrun chunin ninja from our village while in the Academy?" asked Shikaku grinning. "Not bad."

"Thanks." Smiled Naruto.

"Now listen Naruto, you failed the last graduation test and the one before that. This is no time to be goofing off, you fool!"

"You failed two times already?" asked a sceptical Tsunade.

"Shut up, baa-chan." Muttered Naruto.

"What did you call me?" A murderous glint appeared in her eyes as she raised a fist.

"Tsunade, please don't." reprimanded Dan.

Naruto looked gratefully at the older man.

"Hn." With a grimace Naruto turned her nose up.

Iruka's eye twitched. Angry, he turned towards the other students.

"We will have a retest on the Henge no jutsu (Transformation technique)! Even those who already passed will take it!"

Immediately all the students groaned.

First was a girl in a red dress with green eyes and long pink hair.

"Sakura-san, it's you!" Lee enthusiastic voice echoed. Sakura looked at herself interested.

"Haruno Sakura." She presented herself. "Here I go... Henge." And with a sudden cloud of smoke she transformed into a copy of Iruka.

"Good." Their teacher praised with a smile.

She cheered as she cancelled the jutsu. "Did you see that, Sasuke-kun?"

"Really? I'm a fangirl." Sakura gave an unimpressed look.

"Yeah, apparently, you're in love with teme." Naruto explained.

Sasuke signed, "Naruto-san, please don't call me that." Naruto shrugged.

"Next, Uchiha Sasuke."

Sasuke's parents straighten up and looked even more interested.

The boy behind her in the line stoically came forth. He wore white shorts and a blue shirt with the Uchiha clan symbol on the back. He also managed a successful transformation.

"Nicely done, Sasuke." Mumbled Itachi.

Iruka nodded.
"Next, Uzumaki Naruto."

"Uzumaki? But why would you carry Kushina's name ? Why not mine?"Muttered Minato. Naruto just gave him sad smile.

In the background kids were talking about the blond clad in an orange jumpsuit.

"This is all your fault!"

"It's me!" Ino exclaimed, "And look, Shikamaru. It's you!"

"Troublesome..."

"Troublesome..."

"Like I care." Muttered the blond.

Hinata walked to Naruto, taping on her shoulder gently. Naruto tilted her head, "Hinata-kun?"

The boy blushed and shyly patted her head, "G-Goodluck." He mumbled softly before going back to his place.

"Awwwe...That was so cute~" Kushina gushed. She turned to Naruto, "Are you two dating?"

Before Naruto could respond Minato cut in, "You are too young to date, young lady!"

Naruto again opened her mouth but Kushina beat her, "What do mean 'too young'? don't be cockblocker! 'attebane!" Kushina glared at Minato, daring him to continue.

Minato signed nervously, "I'm just saying, Dating in academy is a little early."

Kushina scoffed, "We might be too, if you weren't so sissy to ask me out!"

"Um...guys? We aren't dating." Commented Naruto. Unfortunately, she failed to see the disappointed look in Hinata's blushing face.

"Yet." Kushina mumbled. Causing Hinata to look down, Shyly.

"Can we continue with the memories, please?" Dan smiled, nervously casting a shy glance at Tsunade.

Kushina pouted and Minato sent him a grateful look.

Blue chakra spun around her as she performed the jutsu and, with the trademark cloud of smoke, Naruto transformed into a foxy, blond and very naked girl who blew a kiss at the poor teacher. Iruka's mouth dropped open and he was momentarily stunned, until what he saw registered. Then he flew backwards from the force of his nosebleed.

Jiraiya had the same reaction as Iruka, only with a perverted grin on his face. Hinata look like he was about to faint. Shikamaru, Neji, Kiba and Sasuke wasn't better either even Itachi has pink hue on his cheeks as he politely turned his gaze away.

"What the hell is that?!" screamed Tsunade, Sakura and Kushina, angrily.

"Naruto! I forbid you to use that Jutsu again!" Minato swore.

"It's brilliant!" exclaimed Jiraiya.
Dan sighed as Tsunade almost sent Jiraiya through a wall for that remark. He turned towards Lord Third.

The man had tilted his head in such a way he could still see the screen, however, people couldn't see his face... Dan sweat-dropped and the others in the room chuckled but only Naruto laughed outright.

"How was it? I called it Oiroke no Jutsu (Sexy jutsu)!"

Laughing loudly, Naruto didn't notice her teacher's quick recovery. The man used, what has been known for generations as, the Big-head-Jutsu and screamed at the blond.

"You fool! Stop making up such idiotic techniques!"

"Quite right." Muttered Tsunade.

The scene shifted towards the Hokage monument. Naruto was cursing while trying to scrub off the paint.

"I won't let you go home until you clean that all up!" said Iruka. He had his arms crossed and observed his student from the top of one of the Hokages' heads.

"I don't care." Yelled Naruto angrily. "There's nobody home anyway!"

"What about us?" asked Minato.

The blond looked at him. "I'm an orphan."

Minato and Kushina froze. People present in the room were silent, staring at the Hokage with disbelief written on their faces.

"I see now" Minato said quietly, "During the Childbirth, Kushina's seal must have weakened causing Kyuubi to come out. Which might means that I died due to sealing Kyuubi in you."

Naruto looked at her father with wide eyes. He's not called genius for nothing.

Brooding, she continued scrubbing. Iruka looked at her for a while longer before he tried again.

"Naruto ..."

The blond looked up, an annoyed look on her face.

"What is it this time?"

"What I meant was... if you clean up this whole mess, I'll buy you ramen tonight."

Stars appeared in the girl's eyes.

"Yes! I'll finish it in no time, dattebayo!" exclaimed Naruto enthusiastically.

Minato chuckled. That could have been Kushina's reaction! She loved ramen with a passion.

Later that night Naruto and Iruka were eating ramen at Ichiraku's.

"Naruto, why did you vandalise the monument?" asked Iruka curious. "Don't you know who the Hokage are?"

"Of course I do." Said Naruto with her mouth full of ramen.

She drank her bowl empty before continuing.

"Basically, those that receive the Hokage name are the strongest ninja in the village, right? Among them was the Fourth Hokage, who saved the village from the nine-tailed demon fox. "

"Then why did you do that?"

"Because I'll become a Hokage myself, and then I'm going to surpass all the previous Hokage!" Naruto finished that sentence by pointing her chopsticks at her teacher.

"Nice dream, kid." Said Minato.

"You're weak. You cannot do it." Commented Sasuke with a calculative look on his face.

"I don't want to hear that from you! It doesn't matter what dimension, You're still a Teme! 'atebayo!" Scowled Naruto.

"And then! And then, I'll make the village recognise my strength. By the way, sensei, I have a favour to ask... "

"What, you want seconds?"

"No... Can I borrow you leaf head protector?" Naruto begged.

"Oh, this?" pointed Iruka. "No, no, this is for after you graduate. This is a symbol that you've come of age. Maybe you'll get one tomorrow."

"Stingy." Pouted the blond.

"Nice try." Smiled the sandaime.

Iruka laughed. "So that's why you removed your goggles."

"Seconds!" screamed the kid as vengeance.

"Huh?!"

The next day saw them back in the classroom.

"Now for the graduation exam, you will do the bunshin no jutsu. When you are called, come to the next room." Said Iruka with a name list in his hands.

Naruto was anxiously waiting her turn.

'Damn, why that one? That's my worst skill...'

When it was finally her turn, her bunshin turned out to be dying...

"Fail!"

"No offence kid, but that's the third time you failed the academy's graduation exam. You sure know how be stubborn, but are you sure you traveled to this dimension by accident?" asked Obito sceptically.

"I didn't do it on purpose. It was an accident!" said Naruto indignantly. "But does that mean you believe me now?"

Minato nodded. "I believed you since the beginning of these memories. Inoichi's jutsu does not allow to show lies or fake memories. We would have noticed by now."

Naruto smiled at that.

Disappointed, Naruto fell down.

"Iruka-sensei..." spoke the white haired chunin next to the teacher."This is the third time, and she did technically create a clone... we could let her pass."

Naruto looked hopeful at that.

"No way, Mizuki-sensei. Everyone else made three clones but Naruto only created one and it was a useless one. I can't let her pass."

Next they saw Naruto sitting on a swing just outside the Academy. In front of the building, graduated students were celebrating with their parents. Miserable and lonely, she watched them.

"Great job! That's my son!"

"Now you're a man!"

"I'm so proud of you! I'm going to make your favourite dinner."

"Hey, that kid..."

"Yeah, that's the kid and she's the only one who failed."

"Well that's good."

"What?" frowned Hizuren. Konoha's citizens were glad an orphan girl didn't become a shinobi. Why?

"We can't have her becoming a shinobi."

"Since, she is..."

"Hey, we can't talk about that!"

They all frowned. What was going on?

Refusing to listen to any more, she quickly left.

In the village, Mizuki-sensei caught up with the blond.

"Naruto..."

"Mizuki-sensei?"

"Iruka-sensei is a serious person." explained the chunin. "His parents were killed when he was young and he's had to do everything himself."

"But why does he pick on me?" pouted Naruto.

Mizuki smiled. "He probably sees himself in you. He's probably thinking he wants you to become strong in the real way. Try to understand Iruka's feelings, since you also have no parents."

Naruto looked down at her hands, a sad look in her eyes.

"... but I wish I had graduated."

"Well then," grinned Mizuki. "I'll tell you a secret..."

"What is he doing?" asked Neji silently.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19K 547 28
"Babe, You Lost Me" That's the sentence you don't want to hear, let alone tell. But what if someone from the past comes and changes your mind? What...
22.3K 1.3K 68
Romance and a past life experience: What is déjà vu? Anne has seen this place before but has never traveled this road in her life. Well, not in this...
14.9K 401 27
dé·jà vu\ˌdā-ˌzhä-ˈvü, -ˈvue\ noun : the illusion of remembering scenes and events when experienced for the first time : a feeling that one has seen...
2.7K 259 9
Ephemeral - lasting only for a short time The love which had no bounds, now just left some deep wounds, The jar of love which we thought we will kee...