The Sing-Off: Stellar Perform...

By Pentatonix

The Sing Off belongs to NBC. I do not own anything. I am just showcasing Wattpad the wonders of this show and... More

SONOS - Wicked Game
Urban Method - Just Can't Get Enough

The Sing-Off: Stellar Performances

731 7 5
By Pentatonix

The Sing Off Contestants:

Afro-Blue - Afro-Blue is a fun-loving Jazz/Pop a cappella ensemble from Howard University in Washington, D.C. The group started as a class in the music department at Howard in 2002, with this current version of the group singing together since 2009. They have plenty of soul, and all ten members meld together quite nicely. With beautiful harmonies, soaring solos and a fresh look, Afro-Blue is a legitimate contender in any singing competition in which they are involved.

Group members include: Eliza Berkon, Reggie Bowens, Trenton Cokley, Christie Dashiell, Integriti Reeves, Devin Robinson, John Kenniebrew, Mariah Maxwell, Brian Vickers and Danielle Withers

Dartmouth Aires - Dartmouth College's oldest a cappella group, the Aires, was originally formed in 1946, as an offshoot of the college Glee Club. They broke from the Glee Club in the late 1970s, and have been pleasing audiences ever since. The current group of 16 is a fun loving, high-energy bunch of guys with eclectic tastes and no shortage of quirky antics. The Aires won the CARA award for Best All-Male Collegiate Album in 2003 and 2005; were selected for Varsity Vocals' compilation CD in 2003, 2005 and 2008; and were selected for the Voices Only compilation CD in 2005, 2006, 2008 and 2011.

Group members include: Nic Chuaqui, Xavier Curry, Nate Davis, Daniel Freeman, Daniel Leopold, Justin Lerman, Henry Luehrman, Brendan Lynch-Salamon, Jack Merril, Clark Moore, Michael Odokara-Okigbo, Preston Suan, Robert Hoffman, Will Hart, Alex Taylor and Ethan Weinberg.

Delilah - A conglomeration of singers, mostly from the first two seasons of "The Sing-Off," this all-female a cappella group is experienced and talented. Amy and Laina of BYU Noteworthy and Candace from Voices of Lee join the group from Season 1. Joining from Season 2 are Hannah and Ingrid from Pitch Slapped of Berklee College of Music. Kendall from Eleventh Hour, who also joins the group from Season 2, has graduated high school since appearing on the show and currently attends Belmont University. Rounding out the group are Johanna and Geena, two members of Divisi, the all-female a cappella group from The University of Oregon. These young ladies have been singing across the country over the past couple years, but still carry an unfulfilled desire to conquer "The Sing-Off" stage. They have banded together to compete once again, aiming to prove to America that an all-female a cappella group can win it.

Group members include: Amy Whitcomb, Candace Eve, Geena Glaser, Hannah Juliano, Ingrid Andress, Johanna Vinson, Kendall Young and Laina Walker.

Fannin Family*** - The Fannin Family's mother was almost a nun and their father was a rock musician. The outcome was 11 extremely well behaved musicians. When they decided to start taking their abilities seriously, they quickly became known around town as the "big family that can sing." Recently, they have been extremely busy playing at weddings, county fairs and convents - but they are ready for a bigger stage and a bigger fan base. When they are not singing they are tending to their lives as social workers, psychologists, students, teachers and, for some of the older members, parents. These adorable brothers and sisters are ready to bring their mid-west swag to "The Sing-Off."

Group members include: Alex Fannin, Chris Fannin, Elizabeth Fannin, Jake Fannin, Maria Fannin, Monica Fannin, Rachel Fannin and Sarah Fannin.

Kinfolk 9*** -  Kinfolk 9 is a nine-piece professional vocal group from Los Angeles. Everyone in the group can sing lead, with all members coming from very strong musical backgrounds. They met through various friends and found themselves getting to know each other during auditions for "The Sing-Off." Some of the group members went on a USO tour together in Eastern Europe in 2010. Incredibly diverse in music, appearance and style, Kinfolk 9 is a group of people brought together through a genuine love of singing. While they can put together an arrangement for just about any genre, they tend to prefer soulful pop songs with R&B stylings.

Group members include: Mary Akpa, David Fertello, Kari Francis, Jon Hall, Moises Navarro, Jenilee Reyes, Angelique Sheppard, Antoinette Taus and Daniel Weidlein.

Messiah's Men*** -  When the Messiah's Men left Africa, their goal was to make a better life for themselves in America. Now, eight years after forming the group, they have produced two albums, toured around the United States and received numerous awards in the gospel world. Although they have achieved their goal of living "the American dream," they visit their family and friends in Africa often. After surviving the war in Liberia through the power of song, the group is on a mission to sing their hearts out while servicing the Lord. These unofficial brothers are ready to take "The Sing-Off" stage.

Group members include: Matthew Benson, Samuel Guar, Barchue Guar, Dehcontee Guar, Trokon Guar, Lester Manly, Samuel Mappy, Claudel St-Jean and David Wilson.

North Shore*** -  As the Disco era came to a close in the late 1970s, the 10-piece show band Breakaway broke up due to lack of work. Three of the members from that band decided to stay together and formed North Shore in 1980. For the last 30 years, this refined street corner group has entertained thousands of listeners throughout the Boston area with an experienced blend of harmony, rhythm and tempo in songs from the '40s to today. The award-winning group offers a continuously fresh repertoire of hundreds of popular hits that span the last five decades. Each song and performance is arranged in a way that showcases each member in a role of lead singer - a trait that very few a cappella groups in the country can claim. North Shore has seen no shortage of accomplishments over the years, opening for The Temptations, The Platters, Ben E. King, Johnny Maestro, Al Jarreau, Roberta Flack and Frankie Vallie and, in 1991, winning The National Harmony Sweepstakes.

Group members include: Guy Chiapponi, Thomas Duarte, Paul Lopes, James Martin and Vinny Straccia

Pentatonix -  Pentatonix has that special a cappella swag, something that most singing groups tend to lack. They can sing, dance, harmonize and put together a respectable arrangement in just minutes. The five-member group based in Los Angeles is very new, although some of the members were part of a trio that went to high school together in Arlington, Texas. The final two members were found on YouTube and, just like that, Pentatonix was born. They have a modern style and draw influences from several underground electro genres, including dubstep and garage house. Pentatonix is hip and current, melding electronic music with pop hits and creating something that will make you want to dance and sing along at the same time.

Group members include: Mitch Grassi, Scott Hoying, Avi Kaplan, Kirstin Maldonado and Kevin Olusola.

Sonos*** - Sonos is a Los Angeles-based professional vocal group, formed in 2006 as a recording project that grew into a vocal band. They blend their voices together in perfect harmony through years of experience and live electronic effects that set them apart. The five members met in school and through various singing connections in Los Angeles. The unique group includes different types of singers who have studied different facets of music and performance. The diverse musical influences come through in their sound, creating something distinct and new in the a cappella world. They have released two albums to date, with a third upcoming album this year. Sonos tours continuously and is a polished group of singers with a slick and captivating live sound.

Group members include: Rachel Bearer, Jessica Freedman, Chris Harrison, Kathy Hoye and Benjamin McLain.

 Soul'd Out*** -  Soul'd Out, founded in 2007, is a mixed a cappella group from Wilsonville High School, in Wilsonville, Oregon, just south of Portland. The group is comprised of students from all grade levels, musical backgrounds and vocal types. They pride themselves on their diversity of character, timbre and musical selections. They are quickly making a name for themselves as one of the best high school a cappella groups in the country with their stunning arrangements and breathtaking solos. In 2010, they won the International Championship of High School A Cappella (ICHSA) Northwestern Semifinal and received awards for Outstanding Choreography and Soloist, and they placed fifth in the nation at the ICHSA Finals 2010. Soul'd Out took 2011 head-on, winning the Western Regional and taking second place at the ICHSA Finals. This group of kids can sing, dance and perform and are looking forward to showing the nation what they can accomplish.

Group members include: Kenzie Bizon, Jackson Brockie, Holly Brooks, Ethan Crystal, Paxton Crystal, Chanel Davenport, Brad Fuller, Gia Grant, Rachel Hawkins, Sam Hay-Roe, Daria Lamberson, Samantha Lockyear, Cole Peterson, Matt Spady, Joe Van Whechel and Lucy Winn

The Cat's Pajamas*** -  The Cat's Pajamas, a vocal band that formed in 2005, pride themselves on their ability to engage each audience member during their dynamic, energetic and interactive performances. The all-male group has an impressive 175 shows scheduled throughout 2011, bringing audiences a blend of classic songs with a modern a cappella twist. They have performed for Oprah and made a name for themselves on Norwegian Cruise Lines as a top guest act. The group also just finished their fourth annual Music in Schools Promotional Tour in March, a tour in which the group partners with school faculty and staff to advocate the importance of student participation in the arts, both in the classroom and beyond.

Group members include: Johnny Gieringer, Nate Mendl, Chris Rossi, Brian Skinner and Zakk Wooten.

The Collective*** -  Made up of a collective of independent artists, The Collective hails from Nashville, Tennessee. Formed by Street Corner Symphony's Jeremy Lister ("The Sing-Off," Season 2) this first-time a cappella group is different from most. This rare group of singer-songwriters left their egos at the door to demonstrate that there is strength in numbers. The Collective presents a dynamic vocal blend that is as distinctive as these artists' personal careers. Some might call them struggling, though they'll say they're just living the dream. For The Collective, dreams are more rewarding when they're shared.

Group members include: Ruby Amanfu, Sam Brooker, Daniel Ellsworth, Isaac Hayden, David Jennings, Kaleb Jones, Perrin Lamb, Rachael Lampa and Jonathan Lister.

The University of Delaware Deltones*** -  The University of Delaware Deltones was founded in 1991 by a group of five University of Delaware students affectionately known as "the origitones." The group members pride themselves on their smooth tunes and their motto - friends first, singers second - a motto they have lived by for 20 years. They focus their energy towards singing on campus and in the Delaware community, as it is important for them to give back to those who support them. The group consists of five current UD students, seven recent graduates and three recent "alumnitones."

Group members include: Keith Abrahamson, Avi Amon, Alex Bliziotis, Jessica Carvo, Alyssa DiNardo, Chloe English, Cassie Grossmann, Andrea Lopez, Morgan Nichols, Andrea O'Neil, Lou Ortiz, Walt Pendleton, Cortney Penta, Erica Schetter and Jared Weintraub.

The University of Rochester YellowJackets -  Formed in 1956, the University of Rochester YellowJackets are anything but old fashioned. This fun-loving group's mark of distinction is the members' bright yellow blazers. This past June, the YellowJackets brought their a cappella skills to children in Africa.

The University of Rochester YellowJackets strive to stay busy (half of the members attend The Eastman School of Music at Rochester) and are currently making a documentary entitled "United We Sing," which they will be sharing with their fans soon.

Group members include: Aaron Sperber, Christopher Young, Kieran Kriss, Danny Rubenstein, Galen Dole, Jamal Moore, John Greenhalgh, Jordan Fontheim, Matt Carlin, Matthew Francis, Michael Pittman, Nick Wiggins, Ross Pedersen, Samuel Brooks and Abhishek Sharma.

Urban Method -  Urban Method was formed by eight musicians with extensive studio session work who had previously never performed together. The group's founder, Tony Huerta, heard each vocalist sing at the Sonic Audio recording studio and slowly pieced Urban Method together. Each individual's sound gravitates toward urban music and beats to create a cohesive blend. Urban Method is ready to introduce America to this unique blend of team collaboration and music.

Group members include: Liz Ager, Kim Dawson, Troy Horne, Mykal Hudson, Tony Huerta, Zak Troiano , Katie Turley and Richard Steighner.

Vocal Point -  Vocal Point, established in 1991, is Brigham Young University's premiere contemporary a cappella ensemble. Their nine-man vocal firepower propels harmonies far beyond traditional four-part possibilities. Vocal Point continually invigorates audiences and entertains fans with inventive arrangements, humor and remarkable vocal percussion. Their fun, charming, and often spiritual live performances have captivated many audiences. The all-Mormon group members have served LDS missions throughout the world and collectively the group speaks seven different languages. The boys were also the 2006 International Championship of Collegiate A Cappella Champions and took first runner up in 2011.

Group members include: Mike Christensen, McKay Crockett, Keith Evans, Jake Hunsaker, Ben Murphy, Tanner Nilsson, Robert Seely, Ty Sterling and Charles Welch

 All Information was found on http://www.nbc.com/sing-off/contestants/season-3/

Continue Reading