Protection

By CaitlynRachelC

Sparks fly and horns lock on the Dottie Belle Ranch in Plateau, Arizona! Clint Slade is a well-known hired ki... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Epilogue

Protection

38.6K 539 27
By CaitlynRachelC

Sparks fly and horns lock on the Dottie Belle Ranch in Plateau, Arizona!

Clint Slade is a well-known hired killer. What he does for a living has never been questioned nor given an explanation. The dime novelists love his work to pen to paper, and young boys see him as the epitome of a heroic lifestyle. He lives a lonely life of solitude as he travels all over the country, and that’s the way he likes it. He doesn’t see the need for other people and his latest job makes him wonder why he even bothers to try to understand them.

Bliss Cooper loves her life without the ties of a man or an interest in one. She’s the daughter of a rich ranch owner in Arizona with more than what she needs. Yet when her father becomes overprotective about notes threatening her life, the life she loves so much comes crashing in on her. What seems to her like overkill on her father’s part just might change her life forever.

Colt Kidd can't hide it for much longer. Being the foreman of a ranch is a challenge of it's own, but when he starts having complicated feelings about his boss' daughter and long-time best friend, his life gets a whole lot more confusing. He knows that he can't hold a candle to what Bliss really needs, but he would give his whole life to try.

Psalms 30:5 For his anger endureth but a moment: in his favor is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, incidents, and dialogues are the products of the author's imagination and are not to be construed as real. Any resemblance to actual events or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

All Rights Reserved

I do not own any multimedia used herein, including the cover picture. Cover picture is from Tumblr.

Set in 1872 Arizona, United States of America.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 54.9K 37
Reilly Jones works at Ruby's Inn. A prominent diner in Red Oak. She's young, naive and last but certainly not least, one of the only black waitresses...
73 1 5
❝𝐓𝐇𝐄 πŒπŽπ’π“ ππŽπ“πŽπ‘πˆπŽπ”π’ π“π‡πˆπ„π… πŽπ… 𝐓𝐇𝐄 π–πˆπ‹πƒ 𝐖𝐄𝐒𝐓!❞ A normal village girl's life was turned upside down ever since her fam...
5.8M 101K 33
Hope Montoya knows someone is poisoning her, but who? She suspects her mother was also poisoned and knows her father was murdered. Who wants her fam...
7.5K 273 23
Taylor Houston's entire life has been spent taking care of others. Born in a downpour, dark clouds have followed her everywhere she's gone. Now on he...