50 days • {Nalu}

By killuas

After an intense encounter with a powerful dark mage, Team Natsu, along with the rest of the guild, are left... More

The Curse
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 14
Day 15
Day 16
Day 17
Day 25
Day 27
Day 28
Day 29
Day 30
Day 31
Day 33
Day 40
Day 43
THANK YOU
Day 44
Day 45
Day 46
Day 49
Day 50
Scattered Memories
Mind of Mine
Home
And So...
Epilogue ; The Wedding.
Epilogue ; Revelation
Bonus Chapter!!
thank you once more
new story

Day 41

10K 420 225
By killuas

Natsu groaned, getting annoyed in his sleep at the constant poking someone was doing to his cheek.

"Natsuuuu." the voice whispered in to his ear. He peeked an eye open to find Happy looking down at him.

"Happy, it's too early for this." he groggily grumbled. His head was killing him from the slight hangover he had recieved from the night before.

"We have a problem."

"What is it?"

"Lucy slept over last night. She's gonna flip when she wake up." Natsu shot up like a rocket when he heard what the exceed had said. He realized his mistake as he felt something move slightly beneath him.

He jumped off the couch when he realized he was sleeping onto of Lucy. Her hand, that was once tangled in his hair, now lay limply at her side. Her chest heaved up and down in a calming matter.

"What are we gonna do, Happy? What can we tell her that'll make her believe why she's here?" Natsu shouted in a whisper. Happy brought a paw to his chin, thinking it over.

"I got it!" he cheered with a smug grin.

"I'm listening."

"We convince her she was the drunk one last night. She was so drunk that she forgot her where she lived and all her friends left, so Mira told us to bring her back here for the night."

Natsu thought it over while Happy stood with his hands on hips looking proud. "That's not a bad idea."

"It's a brilliant idea, thank you very much!"

"Happy, stop shouting. My head hurts enough as it is." Natsu said, grasping his head in hands.

"Ahhh!" Lucy shouted, sitting upright from her sleep. The two looked over at her, slightly confused and worried.

"It was just a dream." she mumbled, then proceeded to look at her surroundings. "Where am I?"

"Uh, morning?" spoke Natsu. She turned her head to them, eyes widening in surprise.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Natsu."

"Well Natsu, why am I in your home?"

"You came back from a job last night and you stupidly accepted to see who could drink more, you or Cana. Of course, you got drunk and everyone from the guild was heading home. Happy and I were one of the few left and you had apparently forgot where you live, so Mira had us bring you back here for the night." He smoothly explained. Happy gave him a thumbs up.

Lucy just looked down at her lap, processing it all. "How come I don't feel hungover?"

"I, uh, gave you some medicine. Yeah, that's it!" he chuckled. Happy then facepalmed at his idiocy.

She just nodded her before blushing at the sound of her grumbling stomach. Natsu let out a laugh.

"It's not funny!" she whined.

"I'm sorry, but it was. Let's feed you." he ruffled her hair and then headed towards the kitchen. "Ooh! Your cakes from your job are in the fridge!"

"Natsu, it's too early for cake." scolded Happy.

"It's never too early for cake!" said Erza as she came through the front door. The trio looked at her with a surprised face.

"What are you doing here?" Natsu asked, setting the box filled with a arrangement of cakes on the table.

"I went to make sure Lucy got home okay last night, but she wasn't there. Mirajane informed me that she was probably still here with you." she explained giving the dragon slayer a knowing glance.

"Don't worry, I already explained the situation."

"Good. Now then, let's have some cake!"

"I don't remember offering her any." mumbled the exceed as he filled cups with milk for all them.

"What did you say, cat?"

Happy shivered at the murderous tone, "U-uh, n-nothing Erza! You look great today!"

"Why thank you, Happy." Erza smiled and took a seat at the small table they had placed in the kitchen. Lucy got off the couch and sat next to her, sipping her milk from a glass Happy had given her.

"I'm surprised you had cake still considering the way these two eat." noted the scarlet.

"Well we had just woken up when you got here." Lucy yawned.

"Here, pick your piece." Natsu said after opening the box. He went over to the cabinets and pulled out some plates while Happy got the utensils. Once he gave one to Erza, a slice of cake was already resting in the middle. Lucy waited until Happy chose one and then told Natsu to do the same.

"What if I get the one you want?" he asked.

"Then you get that one. It's no big deal!" she smiled. He just sighed and took the one he wanted, which was a chocolate brownie cake.

Lucy got the slice, it being a type of confetti cake topped with strawberry icing and sprinkles. They all ate to their contents, drinking their milk to wash the cake down.

When they were done, they all leaned back in their chairs while patting their tummy's.

"I can't believe we had cake for breakfast." Lucy chuckled.

"Is it an unusual thing to do?" questioned Erza.

"Uh, usually."

"Hmm." she got up and started to head towards the door. "Thanks for the lovely breakfast. I'll see you all down at the guild hall later."

The three waved goodbye as she left.

"I should probably get going too." Lucy murmured.

"No Lushee! We're going fishing!" Happy objected.

"We are?"

"Yes! C'mon, it'll be fun!"

"I've never been before." she thought aloud.

"All the more reason to go!" Natsu grinned.

"Alright, fine."

"Yay! I'll go get the stuff!" Happy cheered.

"Can I at least use your bathroom to freshen up?" asked the blonde. Natsu nodded, directing her to the bathroom. She quickly washed her face, combed her hair with her fingers, and brushed her teeth using her finger. Hey, it works to an extent.

"Let's go!" she said gleefully as she entered the living room to see them waiting for her. They headed out, walking through the tall trees and enjoying the sounds of wildlife.

They sat on a short cliff over looking the river, setting out their fishing rods. It took a while before any movement happened to any of the rods. Happy cried tears of joy at the amount of fish they were catching, but then cried in disappointment when he say that Lucy had caught the biggest one. All it took to calm him down was her offering the fish to him.

He cheered and hugged her, causing her to laugh at his quick changing mood. They didn't realize that the sun was beginning to set until they began to start packing up.

"I'll fly ahead so I can get the fishes back home faster!" offerred Happy.

"Okay!" Natsu and Lucy said together. Once he flew off, Natsu looked over to Lucy.

"Thanks for coming with us today. You made him really happy. He's been complaining that he hasn't gotten to spend as much time with you as before."

"Of course! And why not? He's practically always breaking into my house with... someone..." she stopped her sentence, trying to remember who it was exactly.

"Oh, that's true." Natsu chuckled nervously but was also quite happy that she almost remembered something.

"Sorry about that. I guess I lost my train of thought." she said, covering up the awkward atmosphere with a smile.

"No worries. Shall we go?"

"Mhm!" they walked off. The sunset surrounded them making the small forest look even more beautiful than before. Natsu felt a bit relieved that she was almost remembering something but then he remembered that he was running out of time.

He has less than ten days to break this curse.

And he was slowly losing hope.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150K 3.6K 34
Natsu Dragneel is the schools bad boy at Fairy Tail High. He's battle scarred from fights and follows his own rules. He rides a motorcycle and wears...
9.2K 232 8
After recklessly taking a job, Natsu and Lucy find themselves in the midst of something darker than they've ever imagined. Will these trials strength...
166K 5.6K 32
Lucy and Natsu are best friends and they have been ever since they were little! What will happen when she loses all the most important people in her...
1.2K 2 15
Just like any other cliche you could possibly find out on the internet, Natsu is a highly loved playboy. Any girl would love to be with him, even if...