Pregnant? [ON HOLD]

Da likethecolour

Sequel to Adopted? Altro

Pregnant?
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Chapter 8

4.9K 270 157
Da likethecolour

Chapter 8

I. Can't. Feel. My. Fingertips.

I flopped down on the sofa, and immediately took off my shoes. Have they grown bigger? I started to rub them, when suddenly someone cleared their throat. I turned my head to see a couple of ladies, staring at me as though I had two heads. I gave them a nod of acknowledgment.

I blushed when they continued to stare, "What are you looking at? Have you never rubbed your feet before?" They shook their heads no, and I smirked,

"Well, stop staring like I'm an alien or something." The blonde one, with gray eyes scoffed. She looked down on me. She was wearing a pencil skirt. With a button down, striped shirt.

"You must be new. Do you know who you're talking to?" She turned to the other girl, who was a brunette, "Does she know who she's talking to?" I just calmly sat there. Was I suppose to know her? Last time I checked, she wasn't famous.

"Obviously not." The brunette said in a slightly nasally voice. Great. It's high school all over again. I sat there, with an emotionless expression on my face. It's okay, Jamie. Don't stoop to their level. You have a child now. Most likely twins.

"Well, new girl. I'm the Vice Presidents Personal assistant." Okay? Is that suppose to impress me.

"Should I care?" I asked, and she turned red with anger. I smirked,

"Yes." She snapped, "The VP and I are close. Really close. So, if you get on my bad side. I can get you fired." She said, raising her head high. It doesn't take a genius to figure out her and the VP are sleeping with each other. Well, I guess technically I'm sleeping with the boss. And, also technically I'm the boss.

I opened my mouth, ready to say something back when I saw dad walk in. He noticed me and walked over. Chris was right behind him. I didn't miss the way, the two bitches eyed my man. They're eyes widened when they noticed my dad. The boss.

"Mr. Epson." They both said simultaneously. The blonde girl smirked at me. Dad walked over, and hugged me. I hugged him back. I smirked when the blonde girl gasped. Dad pulled back,

"Where were you? We've been looking for you. Can't have a pregnant women walking around on her own." I rolled my eyes, as Chris nodded in agreement. I sighed,

"I was taking a break. My fingers hurt. And, all I did was look through a bunch of files. For three hours straight. You were right dad. Work is exhausting. And, look. I think I even got a paper cut." I said, showing Chris my paper cut. He chuckled grabbing my hand. He kissed the back of it,

"Wow. And, I just sat through three meetings. Worked on a bunch of paperwork. And, met a few people. I guess we're even." He said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes, as dad chuckled. Dad remembered that we weren't alone, and turned to the other two girls.

His face showed recognition, "Oh, you're the VP's personal assistant, right?" The blonde girl nodded, "Well, this is my daughter Jamie. And, her husband Chris. You might want to stay on their good sides, because they're gonna be the new bosses soon." Dad joked, but the blonde girl paled.

I grabbed my shoes, and gave them to Chris. He gave me an amused grin. Dad turned to me, "So, I guess it's lunch break time. I know a great place, Finley's." I raised an eyebrow,

"Finley's?" I questioned. Dad nodded, and basically dragged Chris and I out of the door. Chris grabbed my hand, and we walked behind dad. Who was leading the way.

"Best cheese burgers in the state. And, I'm really in the mood for a cheese burger." I rolled my eyes at my dad.

"Well you better be careful with those cheeseburgers and fries. I do not want to attend a funeral, pregnant." We reached the elevator. There were a few people inside, they all greeted us.

"Please, I'm perfectly healthy." I looked at Chris, and he just smiled at me. I grabbed his hand when I noticed a girl eyeing him. What's with these office women. Can they not look at Chris?

"Dad, thats usually what people say before something happens." I said, and at that moment we reached our destination. We got out, and walked towards an outstretched limo. I rolled my eyes, why can't we drive cars like normal people.

Dad got in, and Chris opened the door for me. I stepped in after dad, and Chris got in. Closing the door behind him. I sat back in the seat, as the thought of cheeseburgers and fries entered my mind.

Chris grabbed my hand, "So, I was thinking....maybe, we should go out on a date Friday." I stared at Chris in shock. A date? I smiled and raised an eyebrow at Chris,

"A date?" I asked repeating my thoughts, "Like a dinner and movies date. Like normal teenagers?" Chris chuckled but nodded anyway. I grinned and wrap my arms around Chris,

"I would love to go out on a date with you, Chris." He leaned down and kissed me. It was filled with such passion, that my toes started to curl. Before, we could get this show on the road a throat was cleared. I pulled back, and blushed a deep crimson, as dad gave us a stern look,

"I really want to at least have something in my stomach before I empty it out." I rolled my eyes, just as we reached our destination. I smiled, remembering that cheeseburgers and fries were in there waiting.

When the car stopped, the driver got out and opened the door for us. I looked around and noticed that Finley's was a perfectly normal restaurant. Nothing fancy. I sniffed the air, catching a faint scent of burgers. My sense of smell has really gotten better.

We walked towards the restaurant and I became even more excited at the thought of food. Chris chuckled, and opened the restaurant door for me, "Babe, calm down." I sighed and nodded. Trying my hardest to stay calm.

Chris grabbed my hand, and led me towards a secluded booth. Away from everyone. Dad got in first, then Chris and I. I sighed, and grabbed the menu even though I knew what I wanted.

A waiter came over. He looked to be seventeen, with blonde hair and green eyes. Cute, but nothing compared to Chris. He smiled at me, making me feel highly uncomfortable. But, I politely smiled back.

"And, what drink can I get you, pretty lady?" He asked, staring at me intently. I blushed, because before Chris, not many guys complimented me. I opened my mouth to speak, but Chris beat me to it,

"My wife, would like a glass of water since she's carrying our baby. And, I would like a sprite. What about you, pops." Chris said as casually as he could, while glaring at the waiter. He emphasized the my wife part, making me mentally roll my eyes. The waiter wrote the orders down, even though he stared to get pale under Chris's glare.

"I will have a water, also." The waiter nodded, and scurried away. Chris possessively, wrapped an arm around my shoulder. On few occasions have I seen Chris jealous. And, to be honest. It was kind of hot....uh, stupid pregnancy hormones.

"Babe, calm down." I said repeating the words he said earlier. Chris too in a deep breath, and I kissed his cheek. He smiled at me, and pecked my nose. He sighed,

"I'm sorry, Jamie. But, I hate it when guys look at you like that. Completely ignoring this huge rock on your hand." He stared at me with love in his eyes. He cupped my cheek, "I love you, Jamie. And, you're mine. Nobody else's." I smiled and pecked him on the lips.

Dad frowned at us, "Really guys? Can we at least wait until you guys get back to the office or something. I would hate to puke in front of all these people." I pulled back from Chris, but he kept his arm around my shoulder.

The waiter came back with our drinks, and we ordered our food. Fortunately, the waiter didn't even glance my way. Unfortunately, Chris keeps glaring at him. Gosh, he's so sexy. Chris and dad started to talk business talking, until it turned to baby names. Chris and I were in the middle of debating girl names when suddenly a girls voice interrupted us.

"Chris? Chris is that you?" I glared at some girl who walked over to our table. She seemed to be our age, with blonde hair, and light blue eyes. Chris smiled, and nodded. She sat in our booth, next to him. Uninvited, I may add.

"Lisa? I thought...I thought you were in Utah." Chris said confused, ignoring the glares I was giving him. I turned to dad, who just looked amused. He took a sip of his water. This Lisa person, didn't even notice me. Her eyes were glued to Chris.

"I just moved back, and in good timing too. We should catch up." My eye twitched, "How has things been going, Chris?" I waited for his reply, this better be good.

"Life has been great. I'm about to become a boss, and I'm married." Just then Lisa finally noticed me. Her eyes instantly glued to the rock resting on my finger. That was when the waiter came with our food. My mouth immediately started to water, when I saw the three cheeseburgers in front of me. Yes, I said three. More than dad and Chris, who just got two. I also had a plate of fries on the side.

Lisa was looking at my plate in disgust. I glared at her, "I'm eating for two, so if you don't mind..." Her eyes grew and she turned to Chris who wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"Wow. Married, and a kid on the way. And, we're only nineteen." Chris nodded, and she made some sort of excuse before walking away. I glared at her, as she walked away. Chris knew I was gonna ask who she was, just not right now.

The dinner continued, but I was quiet while I ate my giant cheeseburgers, like they were snacks. But, my mind stayed on that...girl. Who the heck is Lisa?

__________________Its been a while__________________

Years, really. Hopefully, a few of you are still with me. I had the serious case of writers block, and I almost deleted this. But, I'm not giving up. No, I can't give Jamie and Chris up.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...