Book 1: She's a Keeper | Augu...

LivThaWriter tarafından

What happens when you meet the one person you relate with the most? All rights reserved. No part of this pub... Daha Fazla

Not Your Average Story...
1
2
3.1
3.2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17.1
17.2
18
19
20 ~ Filler Chapter
21
22
23
24
25.1
25.2
26
27
28.2
29
30
31.1
31.2
Books
32
33
34
35
36
37.1
37.2
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45.1
45.2
46
47

28.1

50.7K 1.7K 1K
LivThaWriter tarafından

I'm reading 'Stay Down' and 'Platinum and Wood' right now by asiabeexo . And let me tell you this, it's hard to grab my attention with reading. 'Stay Down' got me watching to jump through my phone and beat a bitch ass. Aug— I mean Dom, ole ruthless ass got me scared to come across him in real life. 'Platinum and Wood' , Trason and Lanie bicker like a old couple and I just be like can y'all just make up and get together already 😩 but y'all go check her out!!

Cydney Michaels

"August, what is this?" I showed him the photo on my phone that Hazel sent me.

It was a flyer for another Day With Aug contest.

"Uhm.." Was all he had to say.

"Words, boy." I demanded.

"I guess it is what it is?" He scratched the back of his neck. I had half a mind to slap it.

"I thought you were done with that not telling me shit." I shook my head, getting out of the pool.

"I was against it, the label wanted to do it again. I had no say since it was already set up." He tried his best to reassure me, rambling on, but it was working.

"August, stop." I held my hand up as I stood.

"Cyd hold up," he stood following as power walked though the house to get my purse. I ignored him until he caught up with me, and turned me around to face him.

"What?!" I spat at him. He looked stuck like he didn't know what to say.

"How long did you know?" He stayed silent, ."Answer me." I demanded.

"Listen, I—" "August."

He sighed, looking down. "Since befo' that radio intaview you went ta wit me."

"Are you fucking kidding me? Please tell me you are." I spoke through gritted teeth.

"I didn't—" "know how to tell me." I finished his sentence.

"Bullshit." I rolled my eyes. "What did I tell you last time you told me that? I remember it being along the lines of 'as your girl, you should be able to—" "Tell you shit, yea I heard you.." He mumbled.

"Then why didn't you?"

"I already told ya what it was, mane." He spoke harshly with his native accent slipping out. It made me weak at the knees wanting to forgive an apology he'd yet to release, but I stood my ground.

"August. You had plenty of time to tell me this but you didn't. I had to find out by a post on your Instagram account."

"You kno' people managin' my account!"

"Oh, so if it wasn't posted you would'nt have told me? That's even better." I raised my arms in sarcastic manner as well as my tone.

"Hey, watch ya tone," he grabbed my arm lightly.

I looked at his hand, then his eyes and back at his hard. He removed it quickly. Boooy, you almost...

"I just don't see what's the big deal baybeh," he reached for my waist this time but I backed up from him.

I shook my head, "August, I'm leaving. I'll talk to you whenever I feel like it or whenever you feel like you can explain yourself better." I said stepping into my sandals.

"This isn't the first time you've done this August, so I know you know better. Not telling me something important is the same as lying."

I slipped my jean shorts on over my wet bathing suit bottoms not caring, followed by my white Adidas shoes with the black stripes. I didn't bother to put on a shirt seeing as my top fit more like a sports bra.

I was ready to head for the door until he said something, trailing behind me.

"This coming from tha female dat wasn't neva down ta hear shit from me before hand. You hadda wait 'til I told tha world."

"That's different! That was your music, your pride and joy! At that time, I was just a fan of yours wanting no special treatment whatsoever, I didn't want the special treatment.

Fast forward months and I still don't want special treatment as a fan but as a girlfriend I need it if it can possibly affect our relationship."

I waited for him to say something but he didn't. Maybe he'll get it right this time, I thought.

"See you whenever," I headed for the door once again, wanting him to say stay we can work this out but he didn't.

That's what hurt the most. Just hours ago, he said I walked away too many times for him to let me do it again but here he was letting me do it again.

Instead of stopping me, he held the door for me.

*

I thought long and hard about the small argument me and August had some days, almost a week ago. I hadn't talked to him, he hadn't tried to contact me.

I supposed he was busy picking a winner for his contest or getting things ready for the tour coming up soon but I told myself to not be bothered by it. I tried but it didn't work. That's the reason I chose to drive the distance to my aunts house.

Pulling into the driveway, I parked my car and shut it off. The drive was longer than need be due to traffic caused by a nasty wreck on the interstate. I was dirt tired from driving.

Hazel and I were supposed to be here by five but instead ended up here by almost seven. There wasn't much daylight left, not enough for a full blow photoshoot.

Instead we all just had the large dinner Aunt Brenda prepared for us and hung out like old times.

"I really wish y'all could've gotten here earlier." My aunt said as she fixed herself a small plate of cake.

I was full off of the barbecue that sat in my stomach and the side dishes along with it buuut, a piece of homemade pound cake didn't sound to bad.

I stood, making a plate with a small piece of cake and took my original seat next to Hazel, folding my legs under me.

"Well you can blame Hazel for that," I cut my eyes at her, "she thought it'd be a great idea to try a new route here."

"Whatever, I thought we needed a change in scenery." She defended.

"Mhm," I rolled my eyes, "You seem to be doing a lot of that lately." I added.

"Ouu, somebody spill the tea, better yet spill the lemonade." Uncle Joey butted in.

I saved her the third degree, "No tea, or lemonade. Just a inside joke." I eyes her. There was indeed no inside joke.

Hazel and Chris had been heavily hanging out on the low. She'd be around with him a lot in the past month and they'd visibly gotten closer. She also thought I wouldn't notice, but August like to gossip as much as a female in a beauty salon. I found out my tea daily.

She only told me so much of their situation and I respected that but I love being nosey and Chris telling August, telling me, quenched my thirst.

"Damn." He side-eyed me before looking back at the TV screen. "Just get my hopes up why don'tcha." He mumbled under his breath.

"Anyways," I changed the subject, "So where did Matt run off to? Didn't show for dinner until after, and now he's gone again."

"Oh he's probably getting ready to go out or something," Brenda answered.

"Never home is he?" Hazel asked and she nodded with a fake smile.

I knew it was killing her that her only son, youngest child,would be leaving home in a few months.

"I wish he was home more, he's going off to college soon. Won't be seeing much of him just like y'all two." She pointed between me and Hazel.

"We visit when we can you know that," Hazel spoke up. I didn't say anything, instead I just played with my fingers not wanting to face the fact that we really don't visit as often as we should.

Uncle Joey nodded his head, "Lies you tell."

"Oh Joe, stop." Brenda hit him with the dish towel that sat on her shoulder. "Your birthday's coming up so we'll see you soon right?" She asked directed at me.

Soon? I thought about it, July twenty-first is definitely coming around soon. I feel like I just got of drinking age.

"Yes ma'am." I still answered.

"Aight y'all, I'm finna head out," Matt finally appeared from the back of the house.

(In case y'all forgot what his fine ass look like😩🙌🏾🙌🏾)

"Where to?"

"Gotta small appearance to make at a party." Be back in a few hours or so."

"Appearance? You ain't no celebrity boy, gon' somewhere." Haze snickered.

"Give me 'bout two years, sis." He smirked.

"Hold on, your family been in town all afternoon and night and you wanna go to some party? You haven't see them since—" "Ma, I'ma be here tomorrow. All day." He cut her off.

"Tomorrow's never promised you know that," she started. The last thing we all wanted her to do was go into a 'life is too short' rant.

"Maa, come on." He wiped his face with the palms of his hand.

"You said you're going to a party?" She asked again and he nodded. "Take Hazel and Cydney with you." She said making his eyes grow wide.

"Ma, are you serious right now?"

"Yes I am." She sat down. "You need to be worried about spending time with us before you go off to North Carolina."

"Ma, what I'ma look like goin' to a party and bringing my older sisters."

"Why you making it sound like we thirty or something?" I asked. He looked at me to speak but Brenda spoke.

"You act like you gotta watch them, just take them. They grown, they don't need you."

"Maaaa—" "Stop boy and get on before I say you ain't goin' anywhere."

He mugged the hell out of her before glancing our way, "Be outside in five." He walked towards the door, out it and slamming it.

"Boy if you don't gone! In hea slamming the door!" My uncle got up so face, going after Matt. We briefly heard a smack and Matt yell.

Brenda shook her head, "Hazel, Cydney, go on. Know y'all don't wanna sit round us old folks night."

"Who you callin' old? You see this muscle?" Uncle Joey flexed his biceps as he walked back through the front door.

"Being old has nothing to do with your strength dad." Hazel rolled her eyes.

I shrugged my shoulders, looking at Hazel and she did the same. We both went and touched up our make up and changed clothes.

*

On the way to wherever we were going we rode in complete silence. The radio was off and none of us were speaking. I sat in the back while Hazel took the passenger seat and Matt drove.

I noticed how roughly Matt was gripping the wheel.

"Hey Matt, you okay?" I leaned forward and gripped his shoulder.

"Huh? Oh yeah, just not too keen on havin y'all here with me." He relaxed a bit taking one hand off the wheel and resting that arm on the middle console.

"Matt," both Hazel and I said.

We both knew him better than anybody else. We knew we he was lying for sure.

"Aight aight, I'm not goin to a party.."

"Where we going then?" Hazel asked.

"I was going on a date with someone, I think I'ma just cancel now." He pulled out his phone while still focusing on the road.

"So you mean we taggin' along for a date and you ain't say shit back home?" Hazel snapped her head towards him.

"Haze, chill out man." He sighed stopped at a red light.

"Wait Haze," I shushed her. "Matt talk to me, why didn't you say anything? If you had a date, we would've not came with you."

"Can't believe my baby brother was going on a date, I thought you was on the DL for the longest."

"And I thought Spalding was your number one lady." I added.

Y'know that basketball he carries around relentlessly? Speaking of her, she was sitting beside me, seatbelt buckled and all.

"Shut up, I'm not gay, never was." He said getting frustrated. "I ain't tell mama cause she was gonna make a big deal about it. She gon' wanna meet her, I know she'll mess things up and she gon' thank she crazy and get scared away or sum."

"Well she'd have to meet her eventually."

"Matt it's not that serious, just talk to her about it and she'll relax. Let Aunt B know a few days or weeks in advance if that helps."

"Do you want to take us back?" I asked. "I know this is lowkey a waste of everyone's time."

"At first I did, but now I'm not sure. I'm nervous as hell right now. What if I say some dumb shit? I just need to cancel," he rambled on and on as he opened on the text thread between him and his date after he parked in the parking lot a bowling alley.

I took his phone from him locking it before he did something stupid.

"I've never seen you like this," I gushed at him, pinching his cheek. He shooed my hand away.

"Have you ever been out with her?"

"Not alone, maybe a group of friends. But never alone."

"Hmm how bout this. We just get a lane not to close and watch if we see something happen. If it does, we just walk to your table like we didn't know you'd be here."

"Uhh, you think that'll work?" He turned around in his seat.

"Of course when has one of my plans ever failed?"

"Plenty." "Too many times to count," they both said together.

"Oh shutup y'all! I'm sure this'll work."

Omniscient

"Hazel, Cydney y'all gotta get up. It's almost noon!" Brenda's shouting and opening of the blinds only brought back memories for the three of them.

How she would walk into their room every morning to wake them up and it would be like telling a August he was a rapper not a singer; impossible.

"Girls, get up!" She pulled the sheets from Hazel's body as well as Cydney's, who was in the bed across from her.

"Moom, stop. Five more minutes." Hazel covered her head with her pillow.

"Nope, not today. You dad has another photoshoot after y'alls and we need to be on time." She pulled the pillow from Hazel's head before smacking her with it which made her jump up.

"I'm up, I'm up." She ran her fingers through her curly mane and stretched her limbs.

Cydney had woken up with less of a struggle. She was already on her phone checking her usual apps she did when waking up, as well as a sign of life from August.

"Auntie B, you gonna cornrow my hair for me?" She asked looking up from her phone.

"You gon' pay me?" She crossed her arms?

"Auntie B," Cydney smacked her lips, "I'm your favorite niece." She pouted.

"And Hazel is my daughter but I have a business to run. You don't see me giving her free hairstyles."

"Mama stop being childish." Haze mumbled sleepily. "It's a special occasion."

"Yeah, whatever but your hair better be detangled already. I know it's like a bird nest in there." She said before walking out the room.

Cydney rolled her eyes and threw her legs over the edge of the bed, sitting up.

"Any word from August?" Hazel asked Cydney, walking over to her bed.

She shook her head, checking her phone again.

"I wish he would text me or something but at the same time, I don't want to hear his voice or see his face."

"Girl stop, you know you wanna see that caramel king of a brotha with his struggledo' he be wearing." Hazel joked earning a smile from Cydney.

"Story worrying about him, we have a photoshoot to do and I need you to make me look good okay?" Hazel joked earning another laugh.

They both did their hygiene routine before heading to the kitchen for breakfast.

After breakfast they showered and got dressed. Brenda did Cydney's two cornrows for the first shoot and haze did a simple fluff and go. Heading outside they met with Joseph who was ready to get the day started.

"Alright give me some smiles girls."

The both of them just stood there. Of course Joseph understand. It always began like that and it would take time to warm them up for the camera.

"Girls, don't do this to me, please be yourselves." He stressed snapping a few of them not paying attention.

"Can y'all love each other at least?" He peered from behind the camera. "Do I need to pay y'all?"

At the sound of the word pay, Hazel's ears perked up and she began smiling stupidly.

"That's my girl," he grinned as the camera shuttered. "Cydney can you smile for a sec— never mind." He said snapping a few more.

It was no use getting her to smile. A mug on her face or a small smirk was her signature look.

"Good. Now y'all go pick out something else and then we'll get you guys some separate shots."

(Just pretended that hazel's hair is curly and black in all her photos)

"Alright, Cyd. One more and... done!" Joey ended their photoshoot just as a unfamiliar car pulled into the drive way.

"Ah, my next client is here." Joey hung the camera around his next ready to greet who every it was.

Cydney hadn't paid much attention to who it was, she was wrapped up in her own conversation with Hazel until she overheard her uncle and his client.

"Ah, Mr. Alsina! Nice to finally meet you." They shook hands and shared a pat on the back.

Cydney Michaels

I overheard their conversation but didn't pay much attention, stopping my hearing before the name was said. I contributed to talk to haze until she interrupted me.

"Um Cydney, I don't know how you're gonna fell about this but," she pointed to look behind me.

I turned around seeing my uncle faced to a taller man. I knew that body frame anywhere, as well as the hat on his head. It was no one other than the devil himself.

"August."

"Same ta you Mr. White—" "Please call me Joe or Joey. Let me introduce you to my family," he said as they walked up the driveway, side by side.

"Mr. Alsina—" "Call me Aug." he stopped him.

"Aug, meet my daughter, Hazel and my niece who might as well be my daughter, Cydney."

"August, what are you doing here?" I blurted out not thinking.

"Y'all know each other?" My uncle said shadily.

I eyed him, he knew what he was doing.

"Yessir we do," he nodded towards him, "That's how ya greet ya man na? Whea my hug at?" He chuckled, pulling me into a tight hug.

He reminded me of that uncle that nobody wants to hug because of a bad reputation of getting a little too drunk at a family reunion.

I refrained from rolling my eyes this time, "Uncle Joey, you know who this is don't play dumb."

"So this is your lil' boyfriend." He said and I nodded narrowing my eyes at him again. "Nice to finally meet you, hope you're treating her well. Haze, come help me set up for this mans' shoot? Yeah, let's go." He pulled her into the backyard quickly.

"Whassgud baybeh?"

I sighed, "Did you know about this?"

He shook his head and I crossed my arms.

"I guess you still mad at a nigga." He shoved his hands in his pockets. "Look I ain't know this was ya uncle, I told you I had a photoshoot wit a good guy and I wanted you ta come wit me, but you hea." He explained.

I nodded my head understanding but I still didn't want to talk to him.

"Well, I'll lead you to the backyard, after that just don't bother me. Unless you have something to say.." I trailed off hinting at an apology.

"I'm cool." He shoved his hands in his pockets.

I rolled my eyes and he chuckled but I didn't find anything funny.

"I ain't finna talk shit wit you right na, especially not until you calm down wit tha attitude. Na show me whea' I gotta go."

"You know what, find it yourself." I walked past him into the house.

You come to my family home and talk to me like you bought this place? Well you obviously know your way around so you can find it.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

8.7K 506 16
Read to find out. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without...
2.1K 23 21
What happens when you meet the right person for you! I try and upload to chapters twice a day!! Started 2/2/2024 Ended:3/16/2024 Published:2/4/20204
233K 3.2K 80
Y/n Imagine book 2 Ask to request any celebrity Remember if you are not 14 you can not get a freaky or a violent imagine Send the request to my me...
323K 9.7K 67
How did we get like this, I thought I gave him my all and it all came crashing down on me. I lost everything and I can't do anything about it, I'm al...