Darkest Before Dawn

By writer168

Orochimaru never became a missing-nin. The Fourth Hokage still stood tall. There was no Uchiha Massacre. The... More

Darkest Before Dawn
Only the Beginning
Ibiki-sensei
Ibiki-sensei: Three!
Ibiki-sensei: Four!
Ibiki-sensei: Five!
Ibiki-sensei: Six!
Training Day
Throwing Assumptions
A Pretty Lady
Politeness
Destination: Nami no Kuni
The Cypher Division
Conversations of the Chasm
Gato's a Dead Man
The Pervert in the Hot Springs
The Legend of Tsunade
Fugaku
A True Prodigy
Smile
Inner Sakura
Tenzou's Thoughts
Naruto Namikaze
The Academy: Day One
Inoichi
Shikaku
Itachi's Decision!
Flinch
The S-Class Mission: Part One
The S-Class Mission: Part Two
Journey to Kirigakure
A Simple Conversation
The Ally of the Hidden Mist
Poison
The Genin Called Bushy Brows
Toads and Weasels
The Bell Test
Ibiki's Student
It's Here!!!: The Chuunin Exams: Part 1
Suspicion: The Chuunin Exams: Part 2
The Preliminaries!!: The Chuunin Exams: Part 3
Finally: The Chuunin Exams: Part 4
She Left
The Prisoner
The List and the Medic
Fourteen
Thank You, Kisame
The Ace of the Explosion Corps
An Invitation
A Mission from the Mizukage
Naruto, Sasuke, and The "Master" That Wants Her Dead
A Jashinist
Their Similarity
A Challenge!
Two More Years
Chiyo and Tenzou
Her Parent's Murderer
Return
Itachi-san!
Reunited
Refuge
Protection
Repair
Some Misleading Occurrences
Just a Day About Konoha
Jounin Exams: Start!!
The In-Between Period
Here It Comes
Fight!
Sai and the Seal
Lastly

Ibiki-sensei: Two!

66.1K 2.7K 1.5K
By writer168

   "Come in, Morino-san! How have you been?" Sakura exclaimed, a cheeky grin on her chubby face. She opened the door completely and let the man in. She then skipped to the kitchen, pulled out a stool, and began making some tea.

   Ibiki stared at the small girl in amazement and slight annoyance. One: He got rejected by a flippin' five year old. Two: He got rejected by a flippin' five year old. Three: She was all alone... and yet she didn't seem fazed in the slightest. Sakura placed two ceramic tea cups on the table and sat opposite the interrogator. Ibiki couldn't help but notice that the smile had never left her face.

   It didn't seem completely... real- he could tell that much. He watched as her small hands clasped her tea cup and carefully lifted it to her lips. She didn't look distressed from her parents death. No dark circles under her eyes showing that she didn't get enough sleep. How can a child be this unaffected? Well, he knew the answer to that question. Children saw the world differently from an adult's eyes. And there's no telling what could be going through her mind this very moment. Ibiki rested his elbows on the table and leaned forward.

   "So, kid. You gonna tell me why you so blatantly rejected me as your sensei?" he questioned. Sakura giggled.

   "Nope!"

  Ibiki's eye twitched a few times before he took a gulp of tea, earning himself a small chuckle from the girl. He asked a few more questions about her family, her training, and her studying. Sakura answered them all truthfully and cheerfully, like the interrogator had expected. He regarded her curiously as she talked about what she learned in her late father's books. He had to admit, she surprised him.

   And no one surprises Ibiki Morino. Ibiki was a man that had seen many things through his years as an interrogator. One thing he hadn't expected to see was himself being bested by a munchkin literally fifteen years younger than him. Finally, he set his tea cup down, and stared at Sakura with unreadable eyes.

   "You, Sakura Haruno, are a girl of five years who lost her parents just over a week ago. When you talk about them, you aren't sad that they're gone, nor are you upset that you'll never see them again. At your young age, I expected you to be at least a bit disheartened, but yet you continue on your days like living is the best thing that ever happened to you, and I'd really like to know why."

   The rosette smiled up at him once more.

   "Just because I don't look sad doesn't mean that I don't feel like dying on the inside. I miss Mommy and Daddy a lot. And I hate that Takigakure ninja."

   His eyes widened drastically.

   "And when I find the man who took Mommy and Daddy away..."

   Emerald orbs glinted darkly, causing Ibiki's jaw to unhinge. Her smile grew wider.

   "I'll make him suffer."

~

   Paper was scattered all over the head interrogator's desk, but he himself paid no mind to it. He was too preoccupied by what he witnessed and hour ago.

   "And when I find out who took Mommy and Daddy away... I'll make him suffer."

   That girl was more disturbed than she let on. Ibiki reclined in his seat with a sigh as he folded his arms behind his head. Sakura Haruno was the most intriguing child he had ever met. She was so young and probably didn't deserve what had just happened to her. Ibiki smirked.

   'I should help her, shouldn't I?'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

448K 13.7K 43
What happens when a young (and bratty) girl's body is taken over by.... herself? Well, from the future. Konohagakure is in the midst of a deadly war...
4K 160 20
This story is about, when Sasuke left the village. I always had in mind what would have happened if Sasuke let Sakura join him. Both left the village...
733K 27.1K 37
"You know, the thing about failure is that it only makes me want to try harder." . . Minato and Kushina survived the Kyuubi...
164K 6.9K 40
Sasuke Uchiha never left Konoha. The Uchiha massacre never happened. Itachi Uchiha - Sasuke's older brother, didn't join Akatsuki. Sasuke was never c...