Something New // Niall Horan

By kisswho

"It's time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings." More

Niall Horan
Clubbing
Dinner
Troublemaker
Girls and Furniture
Movie
Slammed Doors
Something New
Spilled Guts
Him
Smoke and Hospitals
Karaoke
Bruises
Weasel
Mistake
Conversation
C
Promise Rings
Mullingar
Birthday
Understanding
Make Them Pay
Out
Safe
Graduation & Party
Invitation
Congratulations
Office
Together
Plans
Doctor
Gender
Birth
Home
Ring
Party & A Visit
Done
Merry Christmas
Decisions
Jess
Shopping
Packing
Voicemail
End

Blacked Out

286K 3.6K 1.4K
By kisswho

Luke's POV:

"Hey, Luke," the menacing voice had changed since the last time I heard him.

"My God, man! I thought it was a few months sentence?! And it's almost light's out, why so late?" I asked.

"I got out of that." he growled, clenching his fists and gritting his teeth, looking up at the window.

"Wait, you're not still obsessing over her anymore, are you?" I took a step backwards, looking at him in shock. My mouth gaped open, as if letting all my astonishment seep out into the air, just to be noticed my anyone who would happen to walk past.

He simply snarled at me, glancing sideways through his shades.

I couldn't believe it. He really was obsessed with that girl; crazily so. I could also say, for a fact, that she wouldn't want anything to fucking do with him, after what he did to both her and her new boyfriend.

I nervously changed the subject, "So why'd ya come here, of all places?"

He pulled his shades off, giving me a deathly glare. I knew he was probably going to punch me in the face, so when he answered, I was surprised.

"No reason." Oh. Yeah, no reason, you just drove eighty friken' kilometres out of your way with an expensive rented car for "no reason." Sure, okay. Because I believed that.

"Sure, whatever, man," I said sarcastically, recoiling when he lifted his fist as if to deck me.

"That's what I thought," he said.

"Can I stay with you, Mr. No Roommate?" he changed the subject on me.

"Um, sure?" I nodded, afraid of him. "Justin moved in with Mark or something."

~

He shed his leather jacket on the floor when we entered.

"Anything happen with Niall?" he asked darkly, sitting on the vacant bed.

"Nope, we all just smoked some weed. The usual. I introduced Niall to some cocaine," I laughed. "If Cara finds out she will kill him and break up with him straight away-" I stopped laughing and realised what I just confessed. "Don't tell Cara-"

"Relax, Luke." He chuckled. "I won't," he said, resting his hands behind his head.

~

Niall's POV:

It's light's out soon. I've been talking to Cara about Mullingar and all my friend's and family. She's been telling me about hers, I could literally talk to her for hours and not get bored. There's nobody more beautiful or more interesting than Cara. I'm glad I get to call her mine.

I was just gazing at her the whole time and she took notice of my stare.

"Why are you looking at me like that, creepo," she joked.

"You're just so beautiful," I said and then kissed her. Our kisses were magic, the way her lips connected with mine. It was right. I was content to feeling her breath come and go with mine.

She rested her head on my chest as I wrapped my arms around her. It was soon 10 p.m. Light's out.

"Alright, i'll see you in the morning" I kissed her forehead. "I'm gonna go show off my new watch" I joked, standing up.

We both exchanged "I love yous," and I headed to my room.

As I was about to knock, Jess walked out and smiled at me.

"Do you like your watch? She spent ages picking out the right one" she said.

"Yeah I love it, wasn't expecting her to buy me something so expensive," I smiled.

"Alright, see you later," she walked off.

I went in and sat on my bed.

"I told her about the weed. We had a fight but we're okay now," I told Blake.

"Did you tell her about the cocaine?" he asked sitting up on his bed.

"Nope and I'm not planning on it. She bought me a Rolex!" I showed him it. We can finally be happy now and it's great Chris isn't here to ruin it" I smiled.

"... I'm glad you're happy and all but... Chris is back."

"What?!" I stood up.

"Yeah he's next door, staying with Luke."

"Luke?! How could he let him stay there?!"

"Because he's obviously afraid of him."

"Fuck sake." I sat down angrily. "Of course he had to come back when thing's were going good with me and Cara." I said.

I stormed next door into Luke's room. Luke might be afraid of Chris but I'm not.
I knocked until my knuckles were red.
"OPEN THE DAMN DOOR!" I shouted.
Luke opened within an instant and I shoved him up against the wall.
"wheres Chris?!" I asked, noticing Chris wasn't here.

"I don't know! Get off me!" He pushed me back.

"Why did you let him stay here?! Next door to me?!" I took a step toward him.

"I was afraid he'd beat my ass!"

"You're such a fucking idiot, Luke!"

"how could you say that to your friend?!" He asked.

"Friend? Are you serious right now. If you were my 'friend' you wouldn't have made me take those drugs. You're pathetic. I'm better than you. You tried dragging me down because you know i'm better than you. You!" I pointed. "Are not my friend. Luke."

"Fuck you. Get out."

"Fuck you too." I made my way to the door.
I was about to walk out until he said something else.

"I told Chris you took cocaine by the way. And I hope he tells Cara and she breaks up with you."

I shut the door and turned facing him. "You what?"

"You heard me." he folded his arms, laughing.

"That's really funny." I fake laughed, walking towards him.

"Is it gonna be funny after I bust your fucking lip open?" I asked, sending my fist across his face, making him fall to the floor.

He laid down on the floor, in a cradling position, with his hands covering his bloody nose.

I heard the door creak open and I blacked out.

~

"Babe, wake up," I kept hearing.

I opened my eyes slowly, everything was kinda blurry. I was in Cara's room. She was sitting by my side.

"What happened?" I asked, blinking rapidly.

"Luke said you fell down the stairs and him and Chris helped you and brought you up here" she said.

"... The last thing I remember is... I was talking to Luke in his room and the door opened-" It was Chris. I shot up and felt an excruciating pain in my ribs.

"AGGH!" I yelled in pain and shot back down on the bed, holding my ribs.

"Where is it sore?" Cara asked.

"My ribs!" I cried out in so pain.

"Okay take your top off so I can see if there's any bruises,"

"No, I can't even sit up, Cara." I breathed in and out.

"Niall, I need to see, then we can take you to the hospital."

"Okay," I breathed out, sitting up gently.
I lifted my hands in the air as Cara lifted my t-shirt over my head.

"Shit," she said, looking at my ribs. I looked down and saw a bunch of bruises and a huge colourful bruise on my hip. "You had a very bad fall!"

"I didn't fall! Chris did this! It's his payback!"

"Okay, umm we need to take you to the hospital. I'll go get Blake and Jess." She ran out and came back within a minute.

"Whoa, shit," Blake swore and lightly touched my bruised ribs. "Okay, Jess is talking to the Dean and telling him we're taking you to the hospital."

Soon Jess came back and Blake helped me up off my bed. He carried me like a baby and put me into the car. Thank God everyone was in bed so no one saw. Blake drove, Jess sat in the passenger seat, I rested my head on Cara's lap.

"So this was Chris' payback huh?" Blake asked as he pulled out of the college parking lot.

"Yep. He was the last person I saw before I blacked out. I'll get him back soon. The ugly cunt, i'll kill 'em."

~

We arrived at the hospital within fifteen minutes.

I sat in a wheelchair, we all waited in the waiting room before I could get checked out.

~

I got an X-ray and they said I wouldn't be better for about two weeks, they gave me pain killers and stuff.

It was about 2 a.m and we decided to go to McDonald's drive thru.
We all got large cokes and big macs.

"I better be well by the time we're going to Mullingar."

"Who's going to Mullingar?" Jess asked taking a sip of her drink.

"I asked Cara if she wanted to go to Mullingar with me to meet my family for my birthday," I explained.

~

I slept the night awkwardly, afraid of the jolt of pain that came from pressure on my ribs.

In the morning, Cara came over to check on me.

"How are they?" she asked, referring to my ribs.

"The same," I sighed exasperatedly as a twinge went through my side. I got up and went to her, kissing her softly. Sparks flew, and I swear I saw a flickering flame in her eyes from it.

"Beautiful," I murmured into her shoulder after the kiss ended.

"Mm, thanks," she giggled. I brushed a lock of her hair back, purposely stroking her cheek.

"You're very welcome, babe." I walked a bit away from her, "I should probably brush my teeth," I laughed. She nodded and settled down on my bed, smiling up at me. I smiled back and entered the bathroom.

The sheer lights illuminated everything with a white glare.

I used the toilet, washing my hands hastily directly afterward.

I brushed through my quiff to make sure it looked quiffy, and then ran my green manual toothbrush around my morning-breath mouth. I rinsed with mouthwash and exited, not bothering to take a shower because I'd showered the night before.

My bare chest was quickly covered with a white and grey striped tank top.

I looked out the window and shivered as I tied my shoe.

"Hey, babe, could you grab a jacket for me?"

Cara's POV:

"I still think you should stay in bed today," I said, obeying his request and reaching into the closet, pulling out his autumn sweater-coat.

I held back a small gasp when a bag of white powder tumbled from the shelf above.

I picked it up quietly, checking behind me to see if Niall noticed. Nope.

Is this cocaine?!

I tucked it in my tote and brought the coat over to Niall, who was just finishing with his second sneaker.

Pursing my lips, I tripped over a box that was sticking out from under his bed, spilling the contents across the carpet.

What!? Four fucking bags of weed? Niall!!

"Niall!" I screeched.

"What's wrong?" He hugged me from behind. I squirmed away harshly and glared at him with growing rage.

"I thought you were done with those," I grabbed the cocaine from my bag and threw it to join the others.

"I- I..." he stammered, astonished.

"Didn't think I'd find out?"

"No, Cara, I, I didn't break the promise. I swear, I didn't," he looks as if on the verge of tears.

"Whatever, Niall. I thought I could trust you, but I guess I can't. We're done. Fucking done." And so I walked out on him.

Niall's POV:

She walked away from me, ripping my heart from my chest, tearing it a bit, and taking it with her.

She left me bleeding, with no hope of being healed.

I fell to my knees, sobbing openly into my hands.

I lost her, and it wasn't my fault.

I didn't put the drugs there. I filtered my room of them when I refused the temptation of losing myself on highs.

If I didn't, who did?

~

"Yeah, s-she left me."

Blake had come back from staying at his parent's for a night and found me lying broken on the floor.

"Why is there drugs on the floor, mate?" he asked.

"I don't know!" I howled, burying my head in my hands.

"Someone must've put it there," Blake said.

"Yeah, someone must've-" I felt the pieces click together.

"Chris," I whispered.

"What?"

"Chris. He planted it. I know he did."

"But how do you prove it to Cara?"

"Security tapes."

Chris' POV:

"this is hilarious" I sat on my bed laughing with Luke.
"first we kick the absolute shit out of him then put the drug's in his room and Cara broke up with him!"

"yeah, he deserves it. I hate him." Luke said.

"me too. The plan is going perfect. I'll get Cara to fall in love with me soon"

"how?"

"how do you think?" I smiled. "how I won her in the first place, with my charm."

Niall's POV:

Blake and I got permission to look at the video cameras. I'm positive Chris did this.

We fast forwarded it and there we saw, Chris holding the cocaine and walking into my room.

"that bastard!" I said.
"go get Cara! She need's to see this."

Blake ran out and brought Cara back to see the footage.
She was absolutely shocked.

"I'm sorry, Niall, I should have believed you. Chris is a dickhead and when your ribs are better, I want you to kick his ass." Cara said and I laughed.

"will you take me back?" I asked holding my arms out for her to hug me.

"of course" she said and embraced me.

We walked out hand in hand. I thanked Blake for his help and he went up to our dorm. Cara and I went to her room.

Chris' POV:

"I just saw Niall and Cara holding hands down the hall" Luke entered the room.

"what?!" I shot up.
"what am I gonna do now they're back together?!"

"I don't know" Luke sat down on his bed.

"he shouldn't be with her! I should. If I can't have her, nobody can."
"I know what i'm gonna do now."

"whatcha gonna do to her? Don't beat her again" Luke said.

"I can do what I want to her. But I have something better and if she doesn't cooperate she will be beaten" I smiled, happy with my idea.

~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

785 94 23
-ˏˋ i'll do it on one condition," harry drinks from his water glass and wipes his mouth with the back of his hand. "you can't fall in love with me." ...
1.2K 37 11
Shannon Hoon realizes that he needs to make things right with a flame from his past, Layne Staley, before it's too late.
16.7K 869 24
"In my whole life,meeting her is something I won't forget and never will."-BTS "I'm ready to risk my life just to see you smile."-Rosé {EDITING}