Tangled In Lies

By DarkDevilAlice

Say everyone said you were easy, but you weren't... how would YOU react? Meet Hayley Bass, our female protagi... More

The School Slut and Maniac Emo Boy
Loving Parents Being Parents
Blossoming Friendship
Introducing: The Crew!
Rei and Kai Fukatan
The Truth of the Twins
Loss Of a Friend (Dedication)
Graceful Crush
Depression and Rejection
Halloween Costume Mayhem

Trustworthy?

49 0 2
By DarkDevilAlice

                                                                      Trustworthy?

 "Was it this way?"

"What about there?"… "… ARE YOU SERIOUSLY DOING YOUR HOMEWORK NOW?"

"Whoa! I think we passed it!"

"Are you kidding me?"

"I'm not! Can we turn around?"

"Fine."

"Nope, wrong house again." I sighed.

"You really need to have direction lessons, missy." Ryder groaned.

"I know where I'm going. It's just that it's dark out. I'm not usually out this late; or this dark." I hissed.

"Oh really? Cause I'm pretty sure you're 'lost' when you told me to turn back fifteen times." Ryder raised his eyebrow.

"Was it fifteen now? I'm sure it was only fourteen, Mr. Cool Guy." I rolled my eyes.

"Be lucky you're cute." He gripped onto the car's wheel tightly in annoyance.

"I am; and I love every second of it." I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Is that an invitation?" He asked me seriously. I looked at him with widened eyes. "Thought so." He chuckled.

"Wait a minute… That's my house right there!" I pointed.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yes, there's no mistaking now." I muttered.

"Good. ‘Cause, if I drove any more, I would get my license taken away or something." He sighed in relief.

"Huh? Why?" I asked, raising a brow.

"Cause it's getting really close to being midnight now." He groaned once more.

"Oh." I choked on my words. He drove in my driveway. "Well, thank you for driving me home."

"No, no, no, thank you for almost getting my license taken away." He grinned.

"Oh my, the pleasure is all mine." I smirked a devilish grin.

"…Crap." Ryder hissed.

"What is it?" I asked raising a brow.

"It's midnight now." He connected his hand with his forehead.

"Crap indeed." I opened his car door for him.

"What?" He looked at me with widened eyes.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" I grumbled. "I'm inviting you to stay at my house for the night." Ryder looked at me with widened eyes, and in silence.

"Y'know, with me being the guy… It should really be the other way around." He grinned, getting out of his car.

"You better not come within a six foot radius when we're inside, you hear me?" I growled.

"Feisty. I like that." Ryder purred, sending me chills down my spine.

"Well I don't. So knock it off." I took out my house key. "I'm home." I called out, only answered by maids.

"Sweet place you got here." He whistled.

"This is what you get when you're the only child of Monty Bass." I sighed, throwing my bag on a hook. I walked over and took Ryder's jacket.

"I thought I was supposed to stay away at a six foot radius from you?" He purred again, but this time in my ear.

"Don't make me knee you." I hissed. "I just wanted to take your darn jacket."

"Sheesh, take a joke." He coughed.

"Oh, Ms. Bass! You're mother and father is still out." One maid came up to us.

"I see. That's rather unfortunate." I rolled my eyes, sarcastically. She noticed Ryder.

"Ms. Bass! A visitor at this late of hour? What were you thinking?" She gasped.

"What I was thinking was that-"I started.

"I was driving her home, but got lost. I'm only a junior, so I can't drive out at this moment. I'm sorry to impose." He exclaimed politely. I was rather…shocked. Where was that playboy five minutes ago?

"Oh that's quite alright." The young maid blushed. "May I get a guest room ready for you, sir?" She asked.

"If that's alright." He smiled. She ran off, probably going to squeal to other maids.

"Never figured you for a rich person." Ryder muttered.

"Well, that makes me a unique person; mystery." I grinned. I yawned slightly.

"Tired?" He asked.

"Mm… Just a little bit." I yawned once more.

"You really are a goody-goody, not going out at dark, and sleeping before midnight." He laughed. "You sure aren't like you're alter ego at school."

"I'm not a 'goody-goody'." I hissed. "But I'm not your typical badass either. I'm not that little slut people at school think I am. I go to bed early to relieve stress."

"Well, you can always sleep with me, then you're stress would all go away." He chuckled.

SLAP.

"I don't care if you are Chris's friend…" I growled. "I will not stand for this perverted attitude you are always giving to me!"

"Looks like Ms. Pissy's true personality is coming out…" He started, stopping himself. "Never mind." He groaned. I raised a brow. "So, is there going to be a time when you'll fall in love with me?" He grinned, trying to be sexy.

"Kiss my ass." I hissed, feeling drowsiness overcome me.

"Love to." He grinned. "But I'm not allowed to come within a six foot radius of you."

"G-good, and it'd better stay that way…" I whispered, feeling my eyes drooping.

"Hey, are you alright?" He asked, touching my cheek lightly. I wanted to push it away, but I was uneasy with my footing, and slipped right onto his chest. "Hayley?"

"Stop…touching me you pervert." I hissed, almost asleep.

"Hayley, you're the one touching me." He raised an eyebrow.

"Oh please, Mr. Cool Guy…" I started, one eye closed. "Give it a rest." I unconsciously said as my other eye closed as well. Ryder's chest was exceedingly warm. Warmth and Sleepiness wasn't always so kind me. Why? 'Cause I fell asleep right on the spot. Even though I was asleep, I could unmistakably tell I was picked up and carried somewhere; then plopped onto somewhere soft.

. . .

"Ngh…" I groaned as I opened my eyes grumpily. I saw two figures beside me, with disapproving looks on their faces; dad and Lailah. After a long silence, "What?"

"Don't you 'What?' us!" Lailah roared. "You slept with a man?!" My jaw dropped.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa… Where are you getting all of this? I haven't slept with-"I looked over to my left…Ryder was sleeping right next to me. "Oh."

"Hayley. Explain." My father growled. My eyes rolled over to him.

"I didn't do anything. I just remember coming home…then tripping." I sighed.

"Then why are you in the same bed with him?" They both asked in unison.

"Hell, like I'd know!" I yelled. We were all silent again.

"Let's talk about this later, Hayley. You're late as is." Lailah sighed in frustration, holding her forehead.

"Say what now?" I gasped, widened my eyes. I looked over to my clock. 7:15 A.M.; crap. I jumped right up and pulled Ryder's arm out from my bed; making him tumble to the ground. My father and Lailah looked at each other with great remorse, and then left the room.

"Hey, what the hell-"He groaned, looking at me with a bored look. "G'morning Hayley." He smiled.

"Don't you 'good morning' me, you ass! What happened last night?" I hissed.

"You fell asleep on me, and I carried you to your room. You kept clinging to me, so I stayed. Dunno how I ended up sleeping next to you, though…" He scratched the back of his head.

"You…Pervert." I growled lowly. I walked over to my drawer and grabbed some clothes. I threw some large clothes over at Ryder. "Wear these. If they don't fit you, as my father for some clothes. I walked inside my bathroom. My knees gave in, and I slumped down to the ground. I held my face, blushing madly. "W-What the hell…"

. . .

"I'm done changing." I walked out. My hair and teeth were brushed as well. I dressed myself in a short sleeved black shirt, with blue ripped jeans. I had such an urge to wear white boots, so I did. Ryder stared at me in awe. "Pervert. Anyway, I see you're done changing as well. I guess my clothes didn't fit you, right?"

"They were almost five sizes too small." He groaned.

"Well sorry for being small." I raised a brow.

"Not small in one area though~." He cooed, doing that 'sexy' grin again.

"You…" I walked over to him. "PERVERT!" I yelled, smacking him upside the head. He groaned in pain. "Come on, we're leaving. We're late." I hissed, holding out my hand; which he took, almost gladly.

"So, I'm driving?" He asked.

"Oh hell no." I had my nonchalant look on my face again. He raised a brow.

"Huh? Why not?" He asked.

"You drive as if you were my Nana." I hissed, “I’m driving."

"You? But you don't have a license." He somewhat protested.

"Who says I have one for a car?" I asked.

"You don't…"

"Oh yes I do." I grinned. I walked out to the garage, pulling out a sleek, black motorcycle. "Say hello to my baby."

"You're kick ass, you know?" He grinned. "Hot body and a motor cycle." I twitched my eye.

"Pervert will always be a pervert. Now where this helmet." I exclaimed, throwing him a grey helmet.

"Thanks…" He murmured. We both got on the bike, taking off as soon as possible. The hair escaped from my helmet whipped in the air furiously.

"Once we get to school," I started, trying to ignore people on the streets' faces in awe. It was almost as if they never seen a woman on a motorcycle before, and a man holding onto her waist. "We’re going to pretend as if you never took me home, you got it?" I hissed.

"Huh, why not?" He asked.

"Ryder, think with your head for a second. If anyone found out you took me home, and slept in my bed… Everyone will take it the wrong way, and pester me in further, since you have man girls fawning over you." I replied.

"So you want me to lie?" His voice sounded so cold for a second.

"Yeah, I want you to lie through your teeth." I replied rather honestly.

"You got it." He said with such triumph in his voice.

"We've arrived." I exclaimed rather coolly. I took off my helmet. Everyone's once aweing faces turned dark once they saw me with Ryder. Damn.

"Oh, hey Hayley. Didn't think to see you so early in the morning." Ryder called out loudly. I looked behind me to see that he disappeared. But I saw a person, running towards me.

"Huh?"

"I thought you told me to lie through my teeth?" He whispered.

"Oh yeah."

"Nice to see you." He muttered, quickly hanging his helmet on one of the motorcycles handlebars.

"Same to you, I guess." I mumbled.

"I guess?" He looked astonished. He took his two pointer fingers and grabbed the inside of my mouth, forcing me to smile. "What do you mean by 'I guess'?"

"Ish swounds lish how I shaid ish is!" I failed miserably at speaking with his fingers holding onto the edges of my mouth. (Translation: It sounds like how I said it is!)

"Aww, you have such soft lips Hayley!" He cooed. "May I kiss them?"

Okay, joke taken WAY too far.

"No! Absolutely not-"I protested, only to have his hands cupped on my cheeks. He slowly neared his face close to mine, his lips touching my lips slightly. My eyes widened, while my body shook violently. After a second, I pushed him off of me. "What's wrong with you?" The bell suddenly rang.

"Oh shoot. Looks like I have to leave. See you Hayley." He grinned coyly, walking away. My legs almost gave out again, but I quickly held onto my motorcycle. My face was flushed, heated; my cheeks were surely a deep color like crimson.

"Um…Excuse me… "A girl walked over to me.

"Y-Yeah?" I looked up to her. Damn it… I can't even speak properly because of him…

"Can you escort me to Algebra 2?" She asked politely. She had longish black hair, and beautiful purple eyes. She didn't look like anyone I knew from here.

"Oh yeah, sure. I was just going inside the school just now..." The cool air hit my face. I motioned the girl to follow me as I walked inside the school. The scene just a moment ago played in my mind; while my lips felt as if Ryder's were still placed on them.

"Um…What is your name miss?" She asked, rather cutely.

"Hayley. Hayley Bass." I smiled. "And yours?"

"Rei. Rei Fukatan." She smiled back. I motioned Rei her classroom. "Thank you so very much!"

"No problem." I grinned. "Maybe I'll see you in gym."

"Okay! Thank you, bye!" She cheerfully smiled as she walked inside her classroom.

Ryder's kiss still lingered onto my lips the rest of the day…What a disgustingly and bitter-sweet feeling…

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.2K 1.9K 52
She had never meant anything to him Until she meant everything to him *** Sylvia Hale is ready to start a new life. Finally, she is in Merlac Unive...
32 0 18
Life hadn't always been easy for Joey, but she managed. Taking life into her own hands, she did what she wanted when she wanted and how. Not worrying...
113K 2.8K 41
Do you ever wonder what life would be like if it were a movie? Or some sappy romance novel that you wish your life could be like but it's not? Someti...
723 19 80
Kayley Gaines knew werewolves existed all her life, for she lived with one. All her life, she had stayed far away from them, knowing the horrors of t...