The Monsters In Our Town

By Captsparkleyrainbow

After three strange deaths in the tiny town of Northrun, Alexander Henderson had an accident that landed her... More

01 // THE MAN NEXT DOOR //
02 // TANNING AND TOFFEE APPLES //
03 // WOLF IN THE WOODS //
04 // THE SUPERNATURAL OCCURANCE
05 // STUPID ANCHORS AND STUPID TRUTHS
06 // STREET RAT
07 // RAISING THE BET
08 // IN THE DEAD OF THE NIGHT
09 // BLACK DUSK PACK
10 // EVERYTHING IS GOING TO SHIT
11 // REBIRTH
12 // ATTACKED BY A HOBO
13 // BANSHEES AND GOODBYES
14 // CAMPING TRIP FOR ONE
15 // GHOSTIFIED
16 // FBI HEADQUARTERS
17 // A BLOSSOMING ROMANCE
18 // BLOOD MAGIC
19 // BRANDED
20 // MASTER MONSTER HUNTER
21 // PLANS REVEALED
22 // STOLEN
23 // FRAGMENTED MEMORY
24 // STARTING FIGHTS
25 // NAGUAL
27 // THE WORST BIRTHDAY
28 // CONFESSIONS WHILE CAPTURED
29 // SLEEPOVER
30 // ATTACKED
31 // SURPRISES IN THE WOODS
32 // PARTY TIME
33 // COVERT OPERATIONS
34 // THE ELEVENTH HOUR
35 // BROKEN
36 // SOULS
37 // SHOWDOWN
EPILOGUE
THANK YOU
LEGACY SNEAK PEAK

26 // DEATH OF A BELOVED

38 2 1
By Captsparkleyrainbow

"No," I muttered as the comatose started rising around me. Jones sat completely up, and I looked over at the two Renees. "No, no, no, no, no." 

I left Jones' side and hurried to try and keep them both unconscious, which sounded odd. 

"Alex?" Jones asked groggily. 

"I know you might be tired," I told him quickly, "but I need you to run and get Orlando and Blue. They aren't too far away."

"Why?" He frowned. 

"One of them are going to die!" I cried. "Jones go!"

It took a moment for what I said to sink in for Jones, but when I did he was off and running. I sat in between the two Renees and checked both of their pulses. I immediately knew which one was dying because her heartbeat was being erratic. 

"What is happening?" One of the Werewolves muttered. I started checking over the dying Renee to see if I could find anything wrong with her externally. I could only find scratches though, so I could only assume that she was hit with some kind of magic. 

As I was about to check on the other Renee again, the dying Renee coughed and blood spurted out of her mouth. I felt my breath catch in my throat and I quickly pulled the Renee onto my lap as she started coughing even harder. 

"Alex." she coughed.

"Shh," I ordered her. "Blue is going to be back any second now and you're going to be fi-"

"Kaiser," she interrupted me, and she sounded strained. 

"It can wait," I assured her. 

"Listen to her." 

I looked over and the other Renee was sitting up with wide eyes. I could see the roots of this Renee's hair turning from black to a warm brown. A part of me was relieved to know that Lincoln was alright, but the rest of me was praying that Blue would get back in time to save Renee. 

"Kaiser," Renee repeated and with every breath she took she coughed and more blood would poor out of her mouth. "You're- not- crazy" 

"Renee!" 

I looked over and Blue was running so fast that it looked like his legs were a blur. he dropped to his knees next to Renee and I and he grabbed her hand. He started chanting in Latin, and as he did Lincoln did the same on her other hand. I watched as both Lincoln and Blue's veins started turning black on their arms. 

Lincoln stopped muttering and gasped a little, whereas Blue squeezed Renee's hand tighter and started chanting quicker. More of Blue's veins started turning black until Renee pulled her hand out of his. 

"It's- fine," Renee told him through labored breaths. Blue reached up and pushed some black hair out of Renee's eyes. She smiled the tiniest bit and he wiped some of the blood from Renee's chin. 

"I should have saved you," Blue whispered. "If I wasn't blind, I could have saved you." 

"Don't- blame- yourse-" Before Renee could finish, she started coughing again. But it was worse this time. Blue reached for her hand, but she snatched it away weakly. 

"Let me take your pain away," Blue begged, but she shook her head. instead, she took Blue's hand and put it on her forehead. 

"Take- it," she wheezed. Blue frowned, but he started uttering Latin. Renee's breathing became shallower, and she started twitching slightly. Blue squeezed his eyes shut so tightly that his eyes crinkled at the corners. He covered them with his hand and continued muttering Latin. 

As the minutes passed, Renee started twitching more violently and I feared that she was already dead. 

Five minutes later, Renee stopped moving completely. Blue fell backwards and was breathing quickly. His eyes were red and glassed over, but he reached for Renee again. 

"She's gone," Orlando mumbled as he grabbed Blue's shoulder to hold him back. Blue struggled against him, and he made a high pitched groaning sound. Renee's dead body was still half on my lap, and her blood was all over my legs. 

But then my hands started moving on their own. 

I put my hands on Renee's temples, and as I did something traveled out of them and up my arms. It felt like all of my blood was going to a pit in my stomach. My sight went blurry and my head started pounding. 

"S-Stop!" Blue cried. But it wasn't me doing this, I couldn't move at all. Blue started screaming at me hysterically, which was the weirdest noise I'd ever heard Blue make. 

I felt as though I was going to vomit, or pass out. I could feel every fiber of my being, but also whatever was left of Renee. It was as though she was a breeze, and it was passing through me. 

It stopped, finally, and I could move again. But when I did, I saw Orlando struggling to hold Blue back. What surprised me even more was that Blue was crying. He wasn't just crying though, his whole body was shaking as he screamed at me to get away from her. 

"Alex!" Lincoln yelled and I saw that most of the previously unconscious people were hurrying away. I looked the other way and there were three Griefs coming towards us. I should have gotten up and started running.

But Renee was still on me, and if I was to run then it would mean leaving her behind. 

Instead, I shoved Lincoln away from me. She stumbled backwards and looked at me in bewilderment, but before she could try and come back for me one of the twins had grabbed her and started running away. 

The Griefs kept coming towards me, and I could still hear Blue. 

I took a deep breath and grabbed Renee's hand, which was still warm and it strangely comforted me. Within seconds, the black mist surrounded me and the sound of Blue was replaced with the screams of the damned. 

Well, that's what I assumed. 

I saw the needles forming, and as they did I felt something in my stomach, and it wasn't sick. My insides became warm, and I felt better. 

I was happy. 

When I looked up again, it was almost like I was deflecting the mist. It was swirling around me in a ball, but it wasn't touching me. When I breathed out, I was breathing light. 

As the light touched the mist, it dispersed. The happiness was killing them. 

I took a deep breath and then screamed as loudly as I could. 

***

I rubbed at my skin for the fourth time since I'd gotten in the shower. My skin was red, but I couldn't get Renee off of me. 

After I killed the Griefs, I passed out. 

The water at my feet had started turning red and I wasn't sure if it was Renee's blood or mine. 

I grabbed the loofah again and scrubbed at my arms. 

"Alex!" Dad yelled and banged on the door. "Come on! Get out of the shower, you're wasting the hot water!"

I sighed and turned the water off. I watched as the blood poured down the drain. 

When I killed the Griefs, I was happy. I don't know how but I was and it somehow killed them. When I woke up, Renee's body was gone. I could only assume that Blue had come back for her but left me. 

Worse then that, I felt dead

I was freezing cold, and it took me a long time to be able to stand properly. I was shaking too badly to walk, and I couldn't breath. 

I pulled some clothes on and retreated to my room. I didn't want to talk to my family. I didn't want my mother to ask where I've been all day, I didn't want to hear my father complaining about how I waste water, and I don't want to look at Jones knowing that he still wants to be a Werewolf. 

I crawled into my bed and pulled the blanket over my head. 

I didn't want to remember any of this. I was missing my memory, and the one thing I would have rather lost was the one thing that wasn't. I was going crazy...

But Renee said I wasn't. 

She told me that I wasn't crazy, and why would she of said that if she didn't know something? I mean, I never told anyone what was happening. What did she mean though?

I wasn't crazy.

Did it mean that I wasn't actually missing my memory? Maybe I was suppressing it somehow. 

So if that was what was happening, how did I un-suppress it? but then again, she mentioned Kaiser as well. Did she mean to do it? 

Before I could continue thinking, there was a knock on my door. I didn't bother saying anything, because I wanted whoever it was to go away. But the door opened anyway and they walked in. I knew who it was immediately, because only Lincoln made the room colder then it already was.   

"Alex, how are you doing?" She asked and sat on the edge of my bed. 

"Fantastic," I muttered. "What do you want Lincoln?"

"Well, first I want to know why you're angry at me," she demanded.

"We're supposed to be best friends," I huffed and pulled the blanket around me even tighter, "but first, you start sleeping with the meanest guy in the world, and then you go and nearly get yourself killed. I didn't even know you could do kind of cool but still very, very dangerous magic Lincoln." 

"Okay, but you were busy with Lilith, and Eve, and Blue," she said in a voice that disgusted me so much that I yanked the blanket away and glared at her. 

"He blames me for Renee's death," I told her. 

"No," Lincoln said quickly. "Alex, no one blames you for that and definitely not Blue." 

"He said if he wasn't blind he could have saved her," I said, "he was blind because of me." 

"You probably don't want to hear this," she mumbled, "but Renee was killed because she knew a secret about you that Kaiser doesn't want you to know." 

"Kaiser?" I gasped. "Did you see him?"

"No, but I think Renee did," she answered. "Renee has been missing for the past two weeks, and Orlando told me it was because she was trying to find Kaiser. I had seen Jones sneaking out to go and see the Black Dusk Pack shift, so I went to go and stop him. The Black Dusk Pack were just about to shift when Renee found us. She was followed by a woman and some... I don't know what it was but it definitely wasn't human. I took Renee's form to try and confuse them, but they still knew which one was which. The woman blasted Renee and the thing kind of howled and the next thing I knew was you telling Renee to be quiet." 

"Did she say anything to you?" I checked. 

"I tried to get it out of her, but she knew they were after her and didn't want to put me in danger too," Lincoln sighed, "you know... Blue loved her." 

"Of course he did," I scoffed. "I managed to, not only, kill the only person that could help us in any way but I also managed to kill the only person that Blue loves." 

"That's not true Alex," Lincoln snapped. "This is in no way your fault and I'm sure that Blue would agree." 

"You know, I don't think he will." I scrunched my nose up, "because the way he was screaming at me when I was doing that thing-"

"How did you kill the Dolors?" She interrupted. 

"I don't know Link," I frowned. "I... I breathed light. And I was happy. Which is the weirdest thing in the world considering I had a dead body in my lap."

"You were happy?" She rose an eyebrow at me. "Was this before or after your eyes rolled into the back of your head?"

"What?" I asked. 

"I read about that in one of Blue's grimoires," she muttered. "I'm going to go and look for it, but you should get some sleep. You're going to need it for tomorrow."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

547K 20.2K 26
"I don't understand what you're talking about" I gulped, backing away from the large, and I have to admit extremely sexy, man. "Oh baby, you're so ad...
27.6K 1.5K 36
#1 in LGBT 9/23/21, #1 in Horror 9/23/21, #2 in BxB 9/23/21, #1 in ZombieApocalypse 9/23/21 Killian's eyes flickered up to Jasper. In the afternoon...
3.9K 74 13
Set after season 3. Ethan seeks Dracula to get revenge but in doing so, finds out a dark secret... A new girl is in London, Freya Snow and she is s...
91 24 18
Monsters that reside only in your nightmares are real here in the hidden away town of Shadows, Colorado. Each is cursed with a supernatural gift, non...