Only One •Camren•

By imxgine5h

Lauren has moved to New York City with her three best friends to start her college life. She's excited to lea... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
27
28

26

2.1K 51 15
By imxgine5h

"I missed you so much," Lauren whispered into the darkness. Her fingers trailed up the length of Camila's spine as the covers bunched around her waist.

The green eyed girl was restless that night. You'd think that after her sleepless night without Camila, she'd sleep like a baby curled into the younger girls side, but she couldn't. She couldn't fathom if any of this was real.

She couldn't believe that she was laying next to her girlfriend after she confessed her love to the brunette. After Camila returned the confession. After they made love. She couldn't believe that an angel such as the brown eyed beauty loved her. She couldn't drink in the information that she was here, Camila was here, they were here, together, and they loved each other.

"I missed you too," The raspy voice spoke out. Lauren instantly grinned at Camila's endearing sleepy voice. The brunette sloppily turns around to face her girlfriend, pulling the covers over her chilled upper half. "What're you doing up, babe?"

Lauren's eyes graze across the breathtaking features before her, she would never get enough of this girl. "I-I don't know." Camila scrunches up her eyebrows at Lauren's words. The green eyed girl subconsciously scoots closer to her love as she formulates her words. "I...I'm afraid that this is all a dream or something... and I'm going to come back to reality and you'll be a million miles away metaphorically, but in all actuality just across the hall again. I won't wake up next to your body pressed against mine and you won't know that I'm so in love with you I can't see straight sometimes."

Camila's features instantly soften at the heartfelt words her lover spoke.

"I can't lose you again, Camz." Lauren's broken voice shatters the serene darkness.

The brunettes heart breaks at those words. Lauren would never lose Camila for good, this girl was her home after all.

"Come here," The younger girl whispers, holding her arms out.

Lauren immediately obliged, wiggling into the smaller girls arms. Their bare bodies molded together and Lauren couldn't hold back the content sigh that fell from her lips.

"Do you feel that?" Camila repositioned slightly, causing Lauren's head to fall against her chest. The green eyed girl listened intently to the brunette's heart beating at an upbeat pace, the sensation bringing a smile to Lauren's lips. "I'm here, Lauren. This isn't a dream, you're going to wake up and I will still be yours. We might argue and I might distance myself for awhile but I will always come back to you. You're my safe place. I'm in love with you. This is real and this is now. I'm not a million miles away, I'm right here, and I'm not going anywhere. You're my home, Lauren." Camila whispered soothingly into the older girls hair. She received a slight nod from the green eyed girl as the grip around her waist tightened.

"Tell me you love me."

"I am so in love with you, Camz." Lauren confidently stated into the air and a smile broke out across the brown eyed girls face.

"I'm in love with you too, Lauren. Now get some rest, baby."

The next morning Lauren awoke to an empty bed. The green eyed girl couldn't deny the panic rising in her chest until she heard the shower running next door and soft singing slipping through the cracks in the apartment.

Lauren ignored the prospect of clothes and chose to venture into the bathroom. Camila's singing sounded so much clearer and it brought a smile to the green eyed girls face.

"You look so beautiful in this light

Your silhouette over me

The way it brings out the blue in your eyes

Is the Tenerife Sea"

The green eyed girl slipped under the running water behind the silhouette of her girlfriend. Her arms slinked around the petite waist after she finished the verse. Camila's heavenly voice was cut off as she jumped slightly in surprise. Once she registered it was Lauren, the younger girl happily melted into her warm embrace.

"Hi beautiful."

"You scared the hell out of me," Camila quickly retorted with a wide smile that was blocked from Lauren's vision.

"You scared the hell out of me first," Lauren gently replied as she pulled the younger girl further into her body.

"How so?"

"I woke up alone and I thought everything had been a dream," Lauren sadly revealed.

A weight instantly crashed down on Camila's chest as guilt struck her. It wasn't that she didn't recall the conversation from the middle of the night, it was just that she was hoping Lauren felt secure once again. She thought that Lauren felt safe in their reality again.

"Lauren I'm so sorry... I-I thought that after our talk last night you wouldn't be scared." Camila quickly turned around, trying to read the emotions in the green eyes she adored so much.

"It's okay baby. After I heard the shower I got to listen to your beautiful singing for a little bit and it wasn't so bad." The older girl smiled as her hands rested on the small of the younger girls back.

"And then you just about gave me a heart attack," The younger girl teased before grabbing the soap.

"You're so dramatic sometimes," Lauren chuckled.

"Lauren Michelle!"

"Yes ma'am?" Lauren kinks an eyebrow, her voice dropping a little lower.

"Just shut up and let me clean you off," Camila giggled as their bodies gravitated closer together.

"Or what?" Lauren taunted with a wicked smile overtaking those plump lips.

"I don't think you want to know," Camila panted against Lauren's lips.

"I think I want to find out," Lauren countered before their lips connected in a frenzy.

Camila was pinned to the shower wall as desperate kisses were shared. Lauren occasionally moaned into the smaller girls mouth when Camila's washcloth covered hand grazed over her breasts or when the smaller girl boldly cupped her core.

"Shit, Camz." Lauren gasps as her eyes roll into the back of her head.

"I'm just getting started," The smaller girl husks before gently sucking on her pulse point.

The pair instantly whip their heads around toward the shower curtain as loud noises were heard in the living room.

"Dinah, what the fuck?" Lauren calls out as she yanks the shower curtain slightly to the side.

"Lauren Michelle!" The green eyed girl hears, causing her jaw to slightly drop. The voice and tone of the same name Camila had used earlier were a complete contrast.

"Oh shit," She mumbles.

Dinah bursts through the bathroom door with a smug smile on her lips, with Lauren's mother following suit.

"Is there a reason that you couldn't answer your door and I had to go knocking for Dinah?" She sternly requests with her arms crossed.

"Uh..."

"Well, my work here is done." Dinah claps her hands together with a victorious smile on her lips. Lauren's jade orbs were shooting daggers through the Polynesian but she simply looked back with a wide smile. "It was lovely to see you Clara, stop by and we'll catch up!"

"I definitely will, Dinah! At least you can open the door unlike my daughter!" She jokes with the younger girl before Dinah begins making her way out.

"Oh, hey Camila!" Dinah looks in the direction of the shower, making it obvious enough for Clara to catch on before making a dash for the door.

"Dinah!" Lauren screamed but it was too late, her friend was already out the door.

Lauren's mother turns around with shock in her eyes before regaining her posture. "Okay. Let's see her."

"Wait what?" Lauren gasps from her place in the tub, water dripping across her features.

"Pull back the curtain a little and let me see this Camila."

"Mom!"

"I'm not asking to see everything! God, Lauren!" Clara began. "Just let me see the damn girl in the shower with you!"

Lauren turned back to see Camila looking like a deer caught in headlights. The older girl pulled the curtain back as Camila stood by Lauren's side, revealing her face to Mrs. Jauregui. A small grin overtakes Clara's features before she nodded her head.

"Clean up. I'll be waiting in the living room." With those words, Clara left.

"Oh my God, Lauren!" Camila whisper yelled in the shower, her face was beet red with embarrassment as Lauren held back her laughter.

"This is not funny!"

"Oh, it is," Lauren chuckled.

The two finished their shower at an incredibly fast pace. They shut the water off and quickly wrapped themselves up in towels before messily drying their hair, overlooking the other in the mirror.

"Lauren, I don't have clothes!"

"Camz I don't either, we can go to the room and get dressed."

"I can't your mom probably already thinks I'm a whore or something!" Camila slightly panics as her heart rate picks up.

"Hey, hey, hey," Lauren mutters, pulling the smaller girl into her arms. "She would never think that of you, baby. You're incredible and I'm sure she sees it. Anyone can."

"But Lauren-"

"I'm going to bring some clothes in here, you'll get dressed and we'll eat breakfast with my Mom and talk. She'll love you and I'll have to pull my Mom away from you just so I can have some alone time with the love of my life, okay?" Lauren questioned with a small smile, causing the smaller girl to instantly relax.

With a quick kiss to the smaller girls forehead, Lauren exited the bathroom with her towel wrapped securely around her body. The green eyed girl made eye contact with her mother before entering her room.

As soon as she was behind the safety of her bedroom door she let out a long puff of air. How did the morning turn to this?

She ruffled her dripping hair before sauntering over to her dresser. She quickly threw on a pair of panties and matching bra before scoping out the area for proper clothing.

Why had her mother shown up out of the blue? She thought to herself as she threw a shirt over her head. This was very random, once Lauren moved to New York she didn't expect to have much of any contact with her parents. She felt that they could live with her sexuality, but they didn't embrace it, they weren't happy with who she was. Although she was loved as a child she couldn't stop the nagging feeling of insecurity at the thought of her parents not fully accepting her.

With a sigh Lauren tugged on a pair of joggers before looking through the drawers for proper clothing for her girlfriend. Lauren smiled at the sight of the drawers where their clothing mixed in such a domestic manner it made her heart flutter.

Another thing that bothered Lauren was the thought of Camila being scared of meeting Lauren's mother. She didn't see how Camila could feel insecure when she was such an angel. Honestly, who could hate that face? Who could not appreciate that mesmerizing smile, those brown eyes that could melt the filthiest sinner, that laugh that could cut off your airflow yet resuscitate you all at once?

Fucking idiots, that's who.

There were plenty of people in Camila's past that couldn't see her worth. There were many who took advantage of the kind heart and insecurities of the girl who Lauren adored. Those people had to be absolute imbeciles to take such a treasure for granted.

Lauren was not an imbecile.

The raven haired girl valued the girl of her dreams and she would surely never let her go. Lauren's mother will be able to see Camila's worth, right?

Lauren shook her head to clear herself of her brooding. It was time to focus on her mother and her girlfriend getting along.

With a huff she gathered the necessary items before traveling to the bathroom.

She delicately knocked on the bathroom door as her mom watched her intently.

"Is she just one of those hookups, Lauren?"

"What?" Lauren gasped, turning around to overlook her mothers attentive gaze.

"Are you just having sex with her because you're heartbroken or you just don't care? What's happening?" Clara intently questions.

"Oh Jesus Christ I am not doing this. Camz! Open up!" Lauren shouted, banging on the door.

The door whipped open, Lauren quickly being tugged into the steamy bathroom.

"Here," Lauren sighed, placing the clothes on the sink.

"Are you okay?" Camila questioned with an insecure look on her face.

"Are you?" Lauren retorted with a small laugh.

"Are we?"She responded, avoiding eye contact.

Lauren instantly scrunched up her eyebrows at the smaller girls words. "Why wouldn't we be?" She whispered, pulling the smaller girl into her arms.

"I'm not just a hookup. You love me." Camila confidently stated more so to herself.

"You love me?" Camila questioned with a nervous tint in her chocolate orbs.

"I love you so much." Lauren confidently stated as she rested her forehead against Camila's. "My mom is going to ask incredibly stupid questions and she might even be judgmental but please don't ever doubt my feelings for you. I'll try to make her stop as soon as I can but please don't get insecure and don't forget that I'm madly in love with you, Camila Cabello."

"I'm in love with you too, Lauren." Camila mumbled into the fabric of Lauren's t-shirt.

"Let's get you dressed, yeah?"

Camila nodded her head, dropping her towel before working to get her undergarments on.

"You're so beautiful," Lauren whispered, watching her actions intently.

"Shut up," Camila blushed before throwing the t-shirt over her head.

Once Camila got her clothes on she did a once over in the mirror. "Lauren! These are your clothes!"

"Yes?"

"Your mom is going to know and I will look even more whorish!"

"Oh shut up, Camz." Lauren chuckles before pulling the girl into a tight embrace. "You look incredible in my clothes," Lauren whispers against Camila's neck before placing quick kisses across the flesh.

"Lauren," Camila contently sighed before connecting their lips in a delicate kiss.

"I love you," Camila announced once their lips parted.

"I love you more."

"I'll never get tired of hearing that," Camila smiled as they exited the bathroom.

"Never get tired of hearing what?" Clara calls out.

"But I will quickly get tired of hearing her," Lauren grumbled under her breath. Camila broke out in a fit of giggles that she tried her best to cover.

Clara stands to her full height from the couch, approaching the pair. "Nice to formally meet you in clothes, Camila." The older Jauregui held out a hand for the younger girl to take.

"The pleasure is all mine, Mrs. Jauregui."

Lauren and Camila cooked breakfast, tag-teaming the task as Clara watched them intently. The woman watched the two in a number of ways. She watched the shy glances, the way Lauren paid special attention to the brunette, the way they moved as one. She watched the actions of her daughter and how everything she did seemed so foreign. Her daughter always had her own best intentions set in her mind, like the rest of her children. They were solely focused on their own future and their own well being, they were raised to be independent and be sure they themselves were well in life.

Admiring her daughter now it was like she was looking at a new person. Lauren moved with her eyes focused on Camila, her attention glued to the smaller girl. She was no longer thinking of herself only, living for herself. She was moving in sync with the smaller girl, they were connected. Lauren's path was now entwined with Camila's, they're moving for each other.

"Breakfast is ready," Camila's shy voice rung out.

They ate in relative silence. The only sounds ringing out was the sound of forks clinking against plates. Lauren's comforting hand reached out to squeeze Camila's thigh. The younger girl immediately laced their fingers under the table, trying to be discreet. Clara noticed the small action.

"So Camila, what're you studying?"

"English," She calmly replies before taking a sip of her orange juice.

"She writes some of the most beautiful pieces," Lauren divulges with a warm smile. Her girlfriends sweet words caused a blush to spread throughout Camila's cheeks.

"Really? Maybe I can read a little sometime?"

Camila's head whipped up in surprise before she slowly nodded her head. "I can gather some later this afternoon if you'd like."

"I would like that a lot, Camila." The older Jauregui said before taking a bite of her toast.

"How long are you staying here?"

"Today and tomorrow. I go back Thursday."

Lauren simply nodded her head, swallowing a bite of her food. "Why didn't Dad come?"

"I don't think he wanted to risk walking into the scene that I walked into this morning." Clara said with an arched brow.

Lauren nodded her head, eyes falling. "Seeing me with another woman?" She retorted, to which Clara gave no response. The green eyed girl simply nodded her head, "I need more coffee," Lauren quickly stood from the table, grabbing her mug and escaping toward the kitchen.

"Lauren's Dad doesn't approve of her sexuality?" Camila questioned, it was the first time the younger girl spoke so boldly to the mother.

"When Lauren was dating her last girlfriend..."

"Kenzie," Camila added.

"Yes. He saw her acting out with her. She was going down a very bad road, and Mike blamed it on Kenzie, women in general, I think. When Kenzie cheated on Lauren, she fell into a blackhole of meaningless hookups with women and we had to witness a lot of these people walk in and out of Lauren's life. He didn't want to witness more." Clara explained as she set her fork down.

"You think that's what I am?" Camila whispered, simply astonished by the bold words.

"It's my automatic reaction," The mother replied in a casual tone.

"Well you're wrong," Lauren voiced as she reentered the dining area.

Lauren took her seat by Camila's side, her mother adorning a shocked expression.

Her hand rested on Camila's thigh, a loving smile overtaking her lips as she admired her girlfriend. "I'm in love, Mom. I'm in love with Camila."

"In love?" Her mother asked with genuine shock in her voice.

"Hopelessly in love."

"Purely in love," Camila added in with a small smile gracing her plump lips as she gazed into her favorite pair of jade orbs.

__
(a/n): I've got a new story in the works.

Life is hard sometimes children.

That last sentence didn't allude to the new story or anything it was just something I felt like saying since it related to my life but you get the point lmao.

Tell me what you think of the story ??? Of a new story ??? Of life ??? Idk just tell me what you think of anything !!

All the love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 3.3K 11
Camila Cabello is the new kid at school and Lauren Jauregui, being the most popular girl in there, hates her because she's stealing the spotlight awa...
133K 2.7K 34
Lauren Michelle, or Lauren, transfers from her college in Florida to one in California. It's the middle of the year and all the dorms are filled. Lau...
1M 22.9K 45
Camila and Lauren are neighbors who used to be friends before high school began. Lauren has always had a thing for Camila, but never got the courage...
135 1 1
The story by @thefooliam from Ao3, i am converting it. ALL CHAPTERS TOGETHER Summary: Her roommate looks at her sometimes and Camila is never sure i...