The Starling Saviour

By paintpastel

Finally free of Malcolm Merlyn, I was able to lead my life the way I wanted to. But following my wishes came... More

The Starling Saviour
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Author's Note
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Author's note #2
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
2K reads!!!
Chapter 17
Authors note #3
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Part 2
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Author's note #4
Chapter 38
Part 3
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Announcements and a Thank You!
Part 4
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Author's Note on Part 4
Part 5
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
A Letter

Chapter 33

762 34 6
By paintpastel

'I came as fast as I could,' I heard Tommy say after running down the hallways of the CCPD to the holding cell I was being kept in.

'Tommy?' I exclaimed in surprise. 'How come you're here?'

'I'm gonna try and persuade my dad to bail you out,' Tommy informed me with anticipation. 'He's got enough money on his hands.'

'I don't live with you and your father anymore, Tommy,' I said, shaking my head. 'I don't think Malcolm will waste money on an innocent person anyway. I'm sure they're going to release me soon, once they find who the real killer is. Don't worry, Tommy.'

But on the contrary, I really, really was worried.

'Why do they think it's you, then?' Tommy asked me with sad eyes. 'You're not a murderer, Aria. Just hang in there.'

'I'll try,' I laughed.

'Laurel's sorry she couldn't make it,' Tommy told me. 'She's got some important case that can't wait - apparently there's a time limit when someone's sentenced to death.'

'She's carrying on with the Declan case?' I asked happily. 'That's great!'

'Yeah, something like that,' Tommy agreed, before looking at me straight in the eyes. 'You will get out of here. I promise.'

'I told you, there's no need to worry,' I rolled my eyes.

'But you clearly are,' Tommy claimed, analysing me closely.

'Fine,' I admitted. 'Of course I'm worried! I'm convicted of the worst crime possible, and death can be sentenced with death. I don't want to die, Tommy. What if they don't find whoever's been framing me?'

'Someone's framing you?' Tommy questioned me in shock. 'Why didn't you say earlier?'

'I thought you'd realised,' I shrugged. 'Someone planted the murder weapon at the crime scene, which happened to be my bedroom in my apartment, and there's absolutely no sign of a break in. I guess they think I'm some psycho girlfriend.'

'But you're not,' Tommy shook his head in dismay. 'You were just upset about Marcus and so you escaped that apartment. But the cops probably think you killed him in anger.'

Suddenly, some detective burst in with a young man by his side, both looking extremely happy to see me.

'Who are... You?' I asked them, looking from one to the other.

But as I looked at the younger one, I felt as though I had seen him before. I recognised him, I was sure if it. And then it clicked. He was Barry Allen.

'Barry?' I exclaimed aloud, causing him to skew his head in shock.

'You... Remember me?' Barry asked with a laugh.

'Of course I do, I remember everyone I meet,' I smiled. 'You were with that high school group when I taught you all about the Forensic Science Department of the SCPD.'

I also wanted to tell Barry how sorry I was that I couldn't solve his mother's murder when my classmates and I used the case as a university project. That was when I first met The Reverse Flash too, and when I learnt that some things were too involved to get into.

'Anyway, Barry analysed the fingerprints on the murder weapon that killed your boyfriend,' the detective beside Barry explained why they had paid a visit. 'And the prints aren't yours. I'm going to tell Captain Singh right now, and we're gonna get you out of here.'

'Oh my gosh, thank you so much!' I shouted, nearly screaming with joy, before bringing the mood down a notch. 'Mr-?'

'Detective Joe West,' he shook my hand through the bar of my cell.

---

I was let out of my cell and all my criminal charges were dropped after the Hearing. Some guy named Justin Adkisson who had been working with Marcus at Queen Consolidated had been found guilty, his fingerprints being the ones covered on the weapon, and there has been footage found from an anonymous source of Adkisson slipping into the apartment a few hours after I had left. I had no idea what he had had against my ex boyfriend, but he sure looked and seemed guilty.

'Who is this... Adkisson guy?' I asked Detective West with intrigue. 'Well, I know who he is, but like why would he kill Marcus?'

'Apparently they didn't really like each other,' West explained. 'I don't know about everything that goes on in your city, but many people told your Detective Lance that they had some... Feud.'

'I'm just glad that no one thinks I'm a killer now,' I sighed with relief. 'I didn't need my life to get any more complicated than it is.'

'It's all thanks to Barry,' the detective smiled proudly. 'I didn't realise you knew each other.'

'I know a lot of people, it seems,' I laughed. 'But yes, I do know Barry. I tried to solve his... mother's case.'

I felt as though I could tell Joe this, his friendly manner making me believe I could trust him.

'He's been trying to solve that for years,' West nodded sadly. 'No one believes him either.'

'I still do,' I added. 'I tried, I really did, but it's like the world is against him finding out.'

In reality, it was The Reverse Flash who was against it. And I still didn't know why.

'I'm sure he'll find out someday,' I said quickly, trying to lighten the mood.

'He will,' West agreed.

Walking out of the CCPD, I found that Tommy was waiting for me outside, leaning against his car, as though he trying to be James Bond. I laughed at his pose, immediately making him grin.

'Am I not cool enough for you?' He remarked jokingly.

'Evidently not,' I smiled.

'I heard about how you were let out so quickly,' Tommy told me, standing up properly to talk to me. 'Why did they change their minds?'

'They found evidence that this other guy killed Marcus,' I retold what happened. 'And it was pretty convincing.'

'I'm just happy you're not the one who'll be behind bars,' Tommy said with joy.

'How is Laurel getting on with her case?' I asked, suddenly remembering about what was going on in Starling City.

'It's going well, actually,' Tommy recalled. 'They're wrapping it up now. Peter Declan is innocent.'

'That's brilliant!' I exclaimed, before hugging Tommy at once. 'Thank you, Tommy. For being here for me.'

I could hear Tommy's heartbeat grow faster by the second, as though he was in shock.

'Are you okay?' I asked him, extending my arms away from him so I could look him in the eyes.

'I just wasn't... expecting that,' Tommy said. 'You took me by surprise. A good surprise. You just haven't... done that for years.'

The last time we had hugged was when we had been dating. When we were a couple. My memories of my past love for Tommy flooded back into my mind, and the more I tried to shake them, I felt closer to Tommy. Now my heart was racing.

'Sorry,' I quickly stood back from him. 'I didn't mean to make things... Awkward between us.'

'No, it's fine, Aria,' Tommy shook his head.

But it clearly wasn't.

Breaking the awkward silence that ensued, Tommy opened the passenger door of his car for me and I climbed in clumsily, not knowing what to do with myself. I couldn't let myself develop any romantic feelings for Tommy whatsoever; he was with Laurel, not me.

We arrived in Starling City late in the evening, the drive from Central City being an enjoyable one. Our destination happened to be the Queens' house, Oliver waiting in the lobby area of the house to greet me.

'I'm sorry,' he said, hugging me as I walked through the door.

'Why are you sorry?' I asked him, puzzled. 'I know you didn't like my ex in the little time you've been here.'

'I'm sorry that you had to go through his death, and then being accused of it,' Oliver explained softly. 'No one should have to go through that.'

'Thank you, Oliver,' I smiled. 'But Tommy, why did you bring me here?'

'I told him to,' Moira entered the space without warning. 'Since your apartment is still a crime scene and one of my employees is responsible for Mr Yates' death, I think we owe it to you to stay here for a while, until you're back on your feet.'

'And because you're our friend,' Oliver added, raising his eyebrows at his mother's overly professional views.

'I- I don't know what to say,' I gasped in shock.

'It'll be like old times again,' Tommy chipped in. 'All of us together again.'

---

Making myself a cup of coffee in the Queens' fancy kitchen, light footsteps rushed towards me. I turned around to see Thea Queen, who had only been a small, innocent 13 year old at my 'Welcome Home party' when I had last properly spoken to her.

'Thea?' I asked rhetorically, startled at her presence.

'Am I glad to see you!' She exclaimed, welcoming me with open arms. 'I'm so happy you're finally friends with us all again.'

'How are you, Thea?' I started to make conversation.

'I'm okay,' she nodded happily. 'But I'm better now that you're here. I've missed you so much, Aria. I used to idolise you, when I was a kid. And I was so jealous of you and Tommy.'

We both laughed in sync at her confession, like it was only yesterday when I had been best friends with Oliver and Laurel, when I had been dating Tommy, and when I had been a role model for Thea. Before I had been shipwrecked on the island and lost Sara to the sea.

'Are you okay?' Thea asked me with concern as she observed my sudden mourning.

'I'm fine,' I uttered. 'I just started remembering all the great times we had before... All this.'

'I know what'll cheer you up,' Thea had an idea, taking me to her room at once.

Thea's bedroom was adorned with a luxurious interior with a touch of modern features, it's monochrome colour scheme making her photo collage pop. She had a collection of archery trophies at her disposal, giving me an idea of what she had been doing for the past four years.

'I wanted to give this to you on your 22nd birthday,' Thea told me, taking an old, encased book from the top shelf of her cupboard. 'But you were missing when that happened. I bought it from some auction, it belonged to some famous astronomer I heard you talking about one day.'

I remembered how I used to long to be an Astrophysicist, when Malcolm Merlyn had forced me to become a Forensic Scientist. But now I no longer wanted to be an Astrophysicist, as I had surprosd myself at how much I enjoyed working for the SCPD.

'Thea, I-' I started to try to express my gratitude at this gift, but I was interrupted.

'Oliver Queen,' a booming voice shouted through the house, startling me and Thea.

'What is this?' I heard Walter demand from downstairs. 'You can't just barge in here!'

'Yeah, well I've got a badge and a gun that say different,' Lance's voice appeared.

Thea and I exchanged worried looks and headed out of her room and out to the upstairs corridor.

'Hey, what the hell's going on?' Oliver shouted as we ran down the flight of stairs to the lobby.

He was marooned by many officers, Lance and Hilton seeming to be conducting the situation. I just stood on the flight of stairs, speechless.

'Oliver, what's happening?' Thea shouted from behind me in panic.

'Oliver Queen, you're under arrest on suspicion of obstruction of justice, aggravated assault-' Lance spat.

'Walter stop them!' Thea yelled.

'There must be some mistake,' I said to Thea, trying to calm her down and reassure myself. 'They can't arrest him! He's done nothing-'

'-trespassing, acting as a vigilante-'

'Are you out of your mind?' Oliver asked rhetorically in frustration.

Oliver couldn't be The Hood. He couldn't be. It was like the same thing was happening all over again like it had in my apartment; an innocent being arrested for someone else's crimes. Yet this time Oliver was being arrested instead of me.

'-and murder.' Lance finished his speech, handcuffing Oliver and roughly shoving him towards the door.

'You have the right to remain silent,' Hilton joined in, helping Lance take Oliver away.

As they exited the room, I ran after them, trying to stop them convict another innocent man.

'Lance!' I shouted. 'Stop!'

He could see the look of betrayal on my face; Lance, Hilton and I were a team. They consulted me on anything like this. But not this time.

'I'm sorry,' Lance said quickly, driving off with Oliver before I could stop them, two officers restraining me.

They were going to regret this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.8K 1.5K 22
- a story in which a meta human wants to use her powers for good and asks team arrow for their help
25.1K 645 25
Starling is still reeling from the destruction brought on by Malcolm Merlyn. This city needs a hero and Oliver Queen decides he's ready to be that he...
2.2K 58 7
⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡ To believe what this story is about you need to do something first. You need to believe in the impossible. Can you do that...
432K 12.1K 30
↣ What do you get when you take a twenty-three year old girl, add seventeen years of martial arts, gymnastics, swimming, soccer, volleyball...