This Girl

By mynameisXD

More

Migz'

Chona's

84 3 0
By mynameisXD

PART I

“@ChonaLovesMigz awh this is so sweet! :) thank youuuuuuuu! so cute!”

@ChonaLovesMigz retweeted this

Chonalie was overjoyed. Her ultimate crush, finally took notice of her. She recorded her voice singing one of Miguel Haleco’s original songs. She sang the song with complete emotions as if she was singing the song for him. She bragged Migz’ tweet to her facebook friends and foes by posting it to her facebook account.

For the first time Migz noticed me. I hope to see him real soon!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I met this girl, she’s really nice but it’s only time to realize she’s not just someone else.

I met her friend, she asked me to, to sing this song, for because she’s not just someone else.”

‘Hey Migz! I have someone for you to meet,’ Ashley exclaimed with excitement. Chona stepped sideward for she was hiding behind Ashley’s back. ‘I want you to meet Chona!’

‘Hi Chona,’ Migz waved to Chona. She didn’t know what to feel. Yes, this is all she ever dreamt of. This very moment. How she wished she could took a video of this.

“Migz, We’re about to start! Come over here!’ The floor director yelled at Migz’ direction.

‘See you around,’ Migz turned his back and went towards the backstage. Ashley, who was working as an event coordinator, met Migz and his gang on an event.

After Migz was out of sight, Chona jumped up and down in exuberance.  “You know what, Ash, I could die any moment now! Thank you! Thank you!” She wouldn’t stop jumping for she wouldn’t stop feeling the churning in her stomach.

At that instance, the lights went off. They were in an open ground. It was a small venue but big enough for Chona to feel that he was miles away from Migz. The spotlight went on. Migz started singing This Girl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I met this girl, she’s really nice but it’s only time to realize she’s not just someone else.

I met her friend, she asked me to, to sing this song, for because she’s not just someone else.”

As Migz sang the first two lines of his song, he moved his gaze from left to right. And, as he spotted Chona with his own two eyes, he locked them in her face as if the song was intended for her. As their eyes met, Chona couldn’t help but smile. Why was she having the feeling that her fantasies were slowly giving her promises?... Promises that this could be the answer for all her dreams and hopes.

As the song went by, Chona slowly drifted away. Away from time and away from that place. Her head was filled with pictures of her and Migz. Which, unfortunately, was gone in a blink of an eye. As Migz finished his song, the crowd erupted with screams and claps.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I’m hoping that we’ll meet and I’ll sing this song for you

I hope that you believe that this is all for you”

It was a small gig but it meant a lot for Migz. It was a successful one and they decided to go celebrate together with the staffs. Ashley brought Chona despite Chona’s refusing and rebuffing.

‘Is it really fine? You know, I don’t know anyone,’ Chona asked in anxiousness.

‘Yeah. Except for me,’ Ashley assured her.

They all entered a bar on the corner of Tomas Morato. Chona felt uneasy for she thought she shouldn’t have gone with them in the first place. Ashley set Chona to sit right next to Migz. Chona felt more uncomfortable. Actually, she was nervous.

‘Hey. It’s you again,’ Migz said in delight.

‘Yeah, Hi,’ Chona breathed in uneasiness.

‘Oh.  Wanna have something to drink?’

‘I’ll have an iced tea,’

‘Iced tea?’

‘Yeah. I don’t drink. You know,’

‘Oh. Me neither. Underage. You know. Ha Ha!’ Minutes later they were talking about the gig.

‘Uhm. The song you sang earlier… it’s nice,’ Chona uttered under her breath.

‘Really? You like it?’ Migz blurted out excitedly.

‘I do. Uhm… It’s written for someone? Inspired by someone?’

‘Yeah. Actually, there’s this girl I saw a couple of weeks ago that made me thought of writing this new song… And I hope that day will come that I could tell her the song’s for her,’ upon hearing this, Chona’s head fell. Her heart was thumping and pounding fast. She knew she stand no chance for Migz but hearing these things personally made her felt like Migz was hurling and tossing her heart away. She was almost in tears and she knew she was overreacting but she couldn’t help it.

‘Are you fine?’ Migz held her shoulders.

‘Yes. I am. I just felt dizzy. I think it’s the atmosphere,’ she laughed hesitantly. ‘I am not used to going to this kind of places. Ha Ha’ A couple of weeks ago? If he just said ‘A couple of hours ago’ then everything would be fine… Then I’d be able to see that tiny light of hope.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

“I’ll hold your hand and I’ll be waiting… I’ll be waiting

So just hold my hands and I’ll be waiting to see you smile”

It was a new day for Chona. The sun was up and her hopes were high. She was riding a bus going to her school. As a graduating college student, tasks piled up on her shoulders and the only thing to waft away was to listen to Migz’ voice. Her ear phones were serenading her. She just downloaded This Girl and it was playing on repeat. Chona was looking outside the window. Everything seemed to be a blur. The bus stopped, passengers went up the bus and Chona felt someone sat beside her. Minutes later, Chona felt a hand in her elbow. She was beginning to feel afraid as she slowly turned her head to the person sitting next to her. It was… Migz. She closed her eyes and thought. Ok. So I am listening to Migz. I am hallucinating things. I am hallucinating. She peered on her one eye and slowly opened both. It was really him.

‘Migz?’ Chona said in disbelief.

‘How is it going, Chona?’ Oh no. Migz remembered my name.

‘I’m good,’ Chona said. ‘I never thought I’d ride the bus with you. I thought you’re not riding the bus. Ha Ha, And yeah, I almost forgot you’re also from Cavite. Kawit right? I live in Gen Tri,’

‘I know,’ Migz blurted out.

‘You know?’ Chona asked confused.

‘I mean now I know,’ Migz laughed. It was such a pleasant scene for Chona. Quite awkward but peachy. Chona placed her ear phones in her bag as they had their petty conversations. There was traffic along Coastal road just before they reached Baclaran and Chona felt her head becoming fuzzy. She closed her eyes for a second but it wasn’t a second at all. The next thing she knew, the bus was already in Taft Avenue and Migz was no longer by her side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

I met this guy. He used to be the man she likes. Now I know she’s dating someone else.

And now I’m here. I’m walking out. I still believe the day will come for me.”

Three weeks ago, Chona had her most awesome and unforgettable lunch date with Kimpoy Feliciano. Kimpoy and Migz, her two ultimate celebrity crushes. After being picked via twitter, Chona became so ecstatic for a moment feeling like her spirit was so high. And yeah, the most memorable date of her life it is. And now, as she was looking back at that moment, she decided to mention Kimpoy on a tweet. She could only hope. For there was no chance for him to notice her once again. She decided to mention Migz this time.

Bestest bus ride ever with @MigzHaleco earlier.

She checked her @ Connect.

Migz Haleco started following you.

For a moment, she couldn’t feel her pulse. Is this real? No. I must be dreaming. She refreshed the webpage and sure enough she was still staring at the screen. She couldn’t believe it. Migz Haleco… followed me.

@ChonaLovesMigz Hey! Can’t wait to see you drool in your sleep again.

@MigzHaleco What? I wasn’t drooling! Was I???

@ChonaLovesMigz I was kidding. Got you Chona! :)

@MigzHaleco You should’ve woke me up before you get off the bus. ^.^

Chona waited for Migz to reply. She kept on refreshing her twitter account. Thirty minutes have passed and Migz wasn’t replying yet. Maybe he was already offline.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.2M 545K 35
Down-on-her-luck Aubrey gets the job offer of a lifetime, with one catch: her ex-husband is her new boss. *** Aubrey...
946K 16.2K 41
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
28.7M 913K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...