VALERIE

By zylgnagnaba

Valerie Scott and Harry Styles are forced by the Modest! Management to live together and pretend that they're... More

Chapter 1: Expect the Worst
Chapter 2: The Show Starts in 5, 4, 3, 2, Action!
Chapter 3: Break a Leg!
Chapter 4: Retrieval Operation
Chapter 5: The Remedy Causing Dilemma
Chapter 6: Cat and Mouse
Chapter 7: The Unaccustomed Book
Chapter 8: End of May
Chapter 10: Splash of Foolishness
Chapter 11:Laugh Out Loud
Chapter 12: I Don't Like You At All
Chapter 13:Goodbye,Paradise!
Chapter 14: Cherishing Cheshire
Chapter 15: Mixed Thoughts and Emotions
Chapter 16: Virtual Loving
Chapter 17: Just a Kiss
Chapter 18: The Vow
Chapter 19: Worst Day Ever
Chapter 20: Dark Valerie
Did You Know That ...
HAHAHA xD
Chapter 21: LA Love Story
Chapter 21.1: TAKEN
Chapter 21.2: Mean
Chapter 21.3: Devious Love Birds
Chapter 21.4: The Villain in Me
Chapter 21.5: Here Comes Trouble
Chapter 22: Cake for Thought
Chapter 23: Lies and Celebration
Chapter 24: Almost... Almost!
Chapter 25: Fist of Fury
PLEASE READ! THIS IS IMPORTANT! TYSM
Chapter 26: Melancholic September
Chapter 26.1: I love you, Harry...
Chapter 26.2: Compromise
Chapter 26.3: Strike One
Chapter 26.4: Kryptonite
Chapter 26.5: Under the Sheets
Chapter 26.6: Strike Two
Chapter 26.7: Strike Three
Chapter 26.8: Strike Four
Chapter 26.9: Homerun
Chapter 27: Vicissitude
Post Interview Questions here!
Chapter 28: Autumn Feels
Chapter 29: Say It Again
Chapter 30: PDA
Chapter 31: Who's Gail?
Chapter 32: The Disclosed Reality
Some sort of review...
Chapter 33: Lovestrucked
Chapter 34: When in Milan
Chapter 35: When in Milan 2
Chapter 36: Home
Chapter 37: Dance for You (Repost)
Chapter 38: Up and Down
Chapter 39: Don't read this! OMG
Chapter 40: New Beginning
EPILOGUE
Casts, Credits, and A/N :')
Important! Please READ. :')
The Next Books...

Chapter 9: Lost in Paradise

3.9K 98 9
By zylgnagnaba

 Copyright © zylgnagnaba 2013

We all alight the van with all our stuff and made our way to the lobby of the tropical resort. The girls are still not talking to the boys. We’re ignoring their every attempt of asking forgiveness because of what they did earlier. They just embarrassed us to the whole world.

“Perrie, please talk to me.” Zayn begs Perrie while gently grabbing her by the arms. She immediately brushes his hands off of her elbows and rolls her eyes at him. She decides to walk next to me and Eleanor. We let the boys take the lead in going to the counter. Zayn looks really disappointed about it.

“Good day, lovely guests. How may I help you?” The lady receptionist greets us with wide cheeky grin on her face as soon as we reach the counter.

“We made a reservation two days ago under my name, Louis Tomlinson.” Louis informs the receptionist and glances at us, but the girls look away; especially El.

The receptionist immediately checks her computer, “Yes, sir. That would be four cabins, each for two people. Correct?” She states after returning her gaze at us.

“Exactly.” Louis grins at the lady. He turns his head to face Liam and Niall saying, “I hope you don’t mind. You two are sharing the same cabin.”

“Sure. No problem.” Liam says and fist-bumps with Niall.

“Uhm, Ma’am.” I interrupt and catch the receptionist’s attention. She opens her eyes wider this time, acknowledging me, “Can we like… change the accommodation? The girls and I would like to stay in the same cabin.” I enunciate, completely ignoring the fact that the boys are listening at my words. And sure enough, they react violently.

“What?” Harry, Louis and Zayn yell in unison. The frowns in their faces are really funny because they wear the exact expression of frustration.

“No.” Zayn disagree, shaking his head disappointedly.

“No, no, no. I already made the reservation.” Louis states firmly. He sees to it that he looks through us but he fails, because we just ignore them.

“Can we?” Eleanor cuts as she asks the receptionist this time. I watch carefully how Louis frowns and rubs his face in utter annoyance while she speaks to the lady by the counter.

The lady in the counter is quite timid and confused, “Let me check first,” she answers after looking back and forth at us, and goes back to her computer. She drags her look back at us stating, “Luckily, we have one cabin that’s good for four. But that’s 10 minutes away from the cabins Mr Tomlinson has reserved for all of you.”

“We’ll take it.” I blurt out, and the boys all sigh defeated.

“Seriously?” Harry asks pathetically, but I roll my eyes at him.

“Here are you keys, Madams, Sirs. These gentlemen are going to escort you to your respective cabins. Have a great stay!” She grins at us while handing over the keys as she trails her eyes to the valets waiting to take our bags.

**********

Our cabin is in the opposite direction with the boys’, so we separated from them minutes ago. The resort is a paradise. The path to our cabin is steps made of fine marbles in between curb stones having heaps of various flowers of various colours; with little palm trees swaying to the rhythm of the wind blowing through their leaves. The cabin looks like a big hut but is made of fully-furnished materials. The doors are the ones you see in Chinese houses that you slide in and out.

We can see the blue sea from afar before we could enter the cabin. The sea breeze is blowing through our hairs as we approach closer to our cabin. The surrounding is really neat, scenic and breath-taking. It gives you the vibrant feeling of serenity and tranquillity. The place is not open to public, wise choice by Louis. That means we won’t worry about fans and paparazzis watching every move we make.

“Aah! Bliss!” I sigh after lying down on the bed.

Eleanor and Perrie drop their bags on their beds and plop down as well.

“Val, are you sure about ignoring the boys?” Eleanor sighs while turning her body sideways, facing me. Her elbows leans on the surface of the bed while the side of her head leans on her hand.

“Yeah? Because I miss Zayn already.” Perrie murmurs behind Eleanor.

I quickly sit straight up while frowning at them, “Of course,” I tell them firmly while they look at me with wide eyes and I cross my arms upon my stomach. ”Girls, you should know by now that even if we’re already their girlfriends, they should still exert efforts to please us. Challenge them a little bit. After all, we should teach them a lesson.”

“Fair enough, I think you have a point.” Eleanor remarks, looking down to her bed. She makes random traces on it with her forefinger and smiling at herself, as if she just had a mirthful memory.

“Trust me, okay? I have a great feeling about this.” I encourage them. Harry would probably snap at me when he finds out I’m the one who instigated the little fight. While we were still travelling on our way here, I texted the girls to not talk to the boys when we get to the resort, and they agreed.

“How do you know a lot?” Perrie asks. She sits up on her bed, looking at me quizzically.

“I watch a lot of romantic-comedy movies.” I chuckle to myself. If it’s not even the lamest reason I could come up with.

“Lame.”  They confirm my thoughts as they giggle with each other. It’s indeed lame.

“What’s wrong about that? Duh. I may be the youngest of us but I know stuffs. I swear you’ll love the outcome of this.” I stated assuredly.

“Okay.” Eleanor’s voice cracks tediously, fluttering her eyes close momentarily until unconsciousness completely takes over her.

The three of us decided to rest for a while after three hours of travel on the road. It is indeed a tiresome trip.

*******

A knock on the door wake me up since I’m the one closest to it. I’ve just lost track of time and it’s already dark outside. I slide the door open and a male resort employee appears in front of me.

“Good Evening, Ma’am.” He greets blithely.

“Good Evening.” I greet back while rubbing my eyes.

“Your companions already await you at the restaurant for the dinner.” He informs.

“Okay, we’ll be right over. Thanks.” I yawn and stretch my arms before he finally decides to leave.

I walk over to where Eleanor and Perrie lay and I wobble their shoulders one after the other. “Girls, wake up.”

After seconds of shaking their bodies, their eyes finally flutter open and they yawn simultaneously.

“Dress up, we’re having dinner with the boys.” I advised while walking towards the bathroom to get cleaned up.

They then quickly get out of their beds and started to fix up.

********

We’re all seated in a rectangular table. The girls are seated opposite to their boyfriends, Liam and Niall sit on opposite ends of the table. All the while, it feels like a battle of the sexes on who can go on the longest without talking. The clanking of the dishes are the only sounds we can hear as we eat. The girls refuse to talk to and stare at them. I can sense the boys steal quick glances at us as they shove food in their mouths.

“Okay, I can’t take this anymore. Perrie, baby, please talk to me already.” Zayn pipes up, begging Perrie. His eyes are like those of a lost little puppy. He’s so cute and it’s really romantic that he gives up from the little game—as I have created it in my mind.

“El, please pass the salad.” Perrie turns to Eleanor and completely ignores Zayn, once again. Deep down inside, I commend her for being good at this. I know it kills her to see him like this and she would actually melt any minute now, but she stayed strong from the temptation. I giggle inconspicuously but I felt pity about Zayn who’s now slumped in his sit, completely upset almost wanting to cry.

“Girls, I take the blame. I’m the one who tweeted it. So if there’s someone who you will go at, it’s me. Not Louis and Zayn.” Harry speaks up, and they momentarily turn their heads to him, but I gaze at my lap.

“No, Harry. Honestly, I’m the one to blame. I’m the one who told Harry to take picture of you and tweet it. I’m really sorry. I could get really stupid sometimes.” Louis murmurs, shaking his head and looking down to himself.

Not sometimes, Louis! All the time.

“Seriously, are we going to do this in front of the food?” Eleanor scowls, looking at their faces.

“Babe, Perrie, Val, please just forgive us. Harry already deleted it.” Louis pleads sorrowfully; his elbows lean on the table this time while he wriggles the fork in his hand.

“Yes. After millions of your followers have seen and retweeted it. Good riddance right there, huh?” I retort, cocking an eye at them.

Zayn hides his face in his hands and sniffles. He sheds a tear, but wipes it right away. Harry slouches on his chair, upset. And Louis rubs his temples intensely, hiding his face from us.

“I’m done. I’m going back to the cabin.” I say while wiping the side of my lips with a napkin. I stand up and push the chair behind me with the back of my knees. “How about you girls?” I look down to the girls that are in my side.

“Yup, I’m done.” Eleanor nods and mirrors my previous action.

“Me too.” Perrie seconds.

***********

So the girls decided to settle up inside the cabin and fix all our stuff while chatting, which we usually do.

While pulling out all my stuffs from the little suitcase and putting them on top of my bed, Eleanor crosses to my bed from hers and notices all the things I’ve packed for the vacation.

“Books, pen and pencil, a notepad?” She enumerates while grabbing one after the other, and grimaces at each one of them. “What are you supposed to do here, study?” She chuckles, frowning at me.

“Just in case I get bored.” I tell her, while continuing to dig out the rest of the things I got in my bag.

“Sweetheart, this is paradise. You won’t ever get bored here. There are lots of things to do here.” She corrects. Perrie crawls over from El’s bed and snatches the pad from Eleanor’s hand.

“I don’t think this is a notepad.” She states matter-of-factly. “It’s a sketchpad.” She yelps as she starts flips through the pages. It’s a different sketchpad where I draw the face of my crush, so I’m not worried if she scans it. The one I brought contains basically just doodles of dresses I designed and some unimportant stuff.

I look at her pretty face for a while, and it makes me giggle from the inside as she looks at each of the drawings with wide eyes.

“Wow,” She gasps for air, “These are beautiful,” She compliments, her eyes still glued at the pages. Eleanor immediately sits beside her and peeks at my sketches as well.

“They’re just doodles.” I abase myself, shaking my head a bit.

“Are you kidding? They’re gorgeous. Why didn’t you tell us about any of these?” Eleanor asks, her vigour is as lively as Perrie this time.

“Look at these gorgeous dresses. They’re very original and sophisticated. I’d love to wear any of these.” Perrie tells Eleanor, her head is tilting so she faces her. Honestly, they looked like little kids showing off their Barbie dolls. It’s really cute.

“Why don’t you show these to some designers? I swear, they’re going to sell.” El suggests to me as she nods her head in my direction.

“No.” I chuckle. “That would really be a bad idea.”

“Why’s that so? They’re really pretty.” El says sharply.

“Why don’t we have a deal?” Perrie says enthusiastically, giving the hint that it’s going to be a bad one.

“Deal? What deal?” I peer at her.

“When I and El get married to Zayn and Louis,” She starts while nodding, and the thought of them getting married to those skunks gives me chills, “… you’re going to design our wedding dresses.” Perrie proposes with her Geordie accent being more emphasized this time. I swear I feel her giggle on the inside when she finished her statement.

“Sounds awesome.” Eleanor agrees, elbowing Perrie playfully. Both of them share a very dreamy look, and that I just cut off by saying,

“Not gonna happen.”

“What?” Both of them gasp.

“But why not? Come on, Valerie. Share your talent!” Perrie cries out.

“I just don’t think I’m good enough yet.” I answer timidly.

“Valerie, believe it. We love your designs. So please, please, please?” Perrie begs with her hands entwined with each other and pulls off a puppy-face.

I giggle and say, “Okay, deal.” I snickered and the both cheered.

Just seconds later, I notice Eleanor shifts to the side. Her eyes are growing wide gradually while she tucks her hair to her ears. From that moment, I knew she is listening to the sound that I also catch with my auditory nerves.

“What’s that? Do you hear that?” Eleanor cuts off the celebration and peers at us.

“I think I do.” I answer, referring to the sound of guitar playing from the outside.

Perrie stands up and walk towards the door. She opens it slightly and peeps through it. She turns around to face us and squeal as quietly as possible and she hops on the floor like someone who’s fangirling.

Eleanor and I quickly scamper to her. Now, the sound becomes more audible as we got closer to the door. The sound comes from the five familiar voices, accompanied by a guitar. The song is Isn’t She Lovely?

“Why, what’s the matter?” Eleanor asks.

“Look.” Perrie giggles excessively, grinning and squealing.

Eleanor quickly peeps through the small opening of the door and squeal as well. Seriously, they look like pair of clowns, cheering no one but their selves. I feel the curiosity eat me so I peep through the crack at look at the cause of the hearty reaction of the two silly girls. Sure enough, there outside are the five lads standing and serenading us. I face both the girls who are holding each other’s hands and doing a happy dance.

“See, I told you so.” I yelp at them. I cringe as they both squeeze and kiss me on the cheek.

“You’re brilliant.” Eleanor titters, squeezing herself. Her grin is contagious that I also grin myself.

“Thanks, Valerie.” Perrie squeezes my hands tightly and she squeals again.

I then open the door and the three of us huddle outside. The boys’ face lit up all of a sudden when they see us and they sing even louder.

Isn’t she lovely?

Isn’t she wonderful?

Isn't she precious?

Less than one minute old

I never thought through love we'd be

Making one as lovely as she

But isn't she lovely made from love

Isn't she pretty

Truly the angel's best

Boy, I'm so happy

We have been heaven blessed

I can't believe what God has done

Through us he's given life to one

But isn't she lovely made from love

Isn't she lovely

Life and love are the same

Life is Aisha

The meaning of her name

Londie, it could have not been done

Without you who conceived the one

That's so very lovely made from love

We were smiling all throughout the song, feeling how romantic it is to be serenaded by the boys. I find myself looking at Liam the whole time he is singing and playing the guitar. But then, I shrug off and drag my sight to Harry. I could only let a little smirk pull out from my face at the sight of him. Towards the end of the song, Perrie and Eleanor walk forward and cuddle their boyfriends. I am left alone standing by the doorstep, clutching my hands. The two girls have already kissed and made up with Zayn and Louis.

“Valerie?” Niall pipes up. I trail my sight to him and pull out a curious stare. He points his hand to Harry’s direction that’s waiting for me to come towards him.

“Babe, I’m sorry.” His eyes are pleading, looking down a bit. His hands are dug in his pocket as he swings in his position side to side. But I refuse to approach him so everyone teases and coos us.

“Come on, Valerie. We already forgave Zayn and Louis.” Perrie persuades and chuckles. One minute we were on the same side, and now they’re completely against me?

Louis starts a chant and everyone follows, encouraging Harry to pull out one pitiful face again.

“KISS AND MAKE UP! KISS AND MAKE UP! KISS AND MAKE UP!”

“Fine!” I chuckle, walk towards Harry and wrap my arms around his neck. We press our lips together and we kiss passionately for the real first time.

Everyone cheers for us and we all group hugged. The fight is finally over.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 308 25
"Well, I never thought pushing some random people off the road would turn out to be one direction.", Miley stated. We finished the song staring into...
5.9K 117 35
Louis Tomlinson. Harry Styles. Liam Payne. Niall Horan. Zayne Malik. They all grew up together. They used to be best friends. One night in 8th year...
15.2K 243 25
We've all heard of the phrase "And they all lived happily ever after..." right? Right? That's all that everyone wants in this world. Living life to...
74.1K 521 30
Lacey's life is a disaster. Her dad is abusive, and her mom left when Lacey was two. Now, she is taking care of Elena, her little sister. While takin...