School Of The Apocalypse

By JEB169

Humanity at its knees. The dead walk again and the screams of those who are caught fill the air. One group st... More

Prologue/Radio
Chapter 1/Starvation
Chapter 2/Survived
Chapter 4/Arrival
Chapter 5/Sacrifice
Chapter 6/Homecoming
Chapter 7/Church
Chapter 8/Target Practice
Chapter 9/Finding: Journey Forward
Chapter 10/Finding: Determination
Chapter 11/Finding: Journey Back
Placement (Season One) [1-11]
Chapter 12/Good Morning
Chapter 13/Goods and Growth
Chapter 14/Friends
Chapter 15/Base of Command
Chapter 16/Midnight Council
Chapter 17/Emily
Chapter 18/Jess
Chapter 19/Jacob
Chapter 20/Burns
Chapter 21/Memories
Chapter 22/Elementary
Chapter 23/Hard Leadership
Chapter 24/Price of Love
Chapter 25/Price of Acceptance
Chapter 26/Squirrely
Chapter 27/Recess
Chapter 28/ Expanding Home and Heart
Chapter 29/Skeltons Standing
Chapter 30/The Ones We Love
Chapter 31/Guilty or Not
Chapter 32/Sheep and Demons: Dead Rising
Chapter 33/Sheep and Demons: Burning of the Barracks
Chapter 34/Sheep and Demons: Midnight's Revelations
Placement (Season Two) [12-34]
The End

Chapter 3/Saved

91 6 2
By JEB169

Day 3; 5:03 p.m.

We grabbed all that we could and made our way back to the school. We made great time and we didn't even see any sign of a single walker on the way back, but nothing went according to plan once we got to school.

The cafeteria was covered in action. Fire protruded through breaks in walkers and I saw a broom push a few over. They were under attack! I rushed in, bat in hand and swung, killing one walker. First blood. I felt an adrenaline rush course through me. Everyone else was behind me. Fighting off the attackers. Mr. Tyson had a kitchen knife in hand, stabbing a walker in the chest. Luke had a crowbar that was brutally murdering walkers. Autumn's metal pipe was beating them left and right. The brothers each had kitchen knives, as did Sam. George had a frying pan that, from what I was told, hadn't failed him yet.

We fought through them till we got inside between rushes. Everyone was inside and out of breath. There were three walkers inside, though. One over Hailey and Scarlet, one in front of Mr. Baker whose blowtorch wasn't working, and one coming toward me. I swung at the one in front of me. It flew back and lay there, motionless.

"Autumn! Cover Baker!" I shouted as I ran toward Hailey and Scarlet. They each had forks, but they weren't doing much damage to the walker. I swung at his legs. He fell and I came down on his chest. Blood spewed up and he was dead. For good. I looked over and Autumn was piggybacking the walker, chocking it with the pipe. George took his frying pan and smashed the walkers head clean sideways.

It was finished.

We regrouped and made introductions. When that was finished, we took survey of all that we had got from McDonald's. Enough food for a couple weeks, metal pipes for weapons, some kitchen knives for weapons, an assortment of camping gear that Autumn's family had left behind with them, and a radio that Autumn's parents had left as well. Sam and George started setting up tents with the help of Hailey, Scarlet, and Jasmin, Baker and Tyson were storing the food in the freezer, David, Noah, Ben, and A.J. were starting dinner over the fire, and Morgan, Randy, and the brothers were taking care of the few walkers that were still stumbling around outside.

We had survived an attack. An actual attack. My blood was still pumping heavily in my chest when I sat down around the fire to enjoy the warmth and dinner.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

744 86 46
Ten years after the battle at Single Oak, the four groups of Oregon are still reeling from its after effects. Territory lines were drawn and stories...
69 1 21
Hello, Logan here. It is 2021, and this is the first book that I ever wrote. It's shit. I'm publishing it back on Wattpad again so my friend can read...
15.5K 836 51
After the events of Swanston, Killian-Grey struggles to prove himself to the group after being branded as a traitor--especially when competing with h...
367 1 30
This is basically something I randomly thought of.... "What would happen if my life was in the zombies apocalypse?" So this book, will answer that qu...