How To Be: Punk || Mericcup βœ”...

By deleting_kat

Hiccup Haddock, well known around school for being one of the smartest kids in North. P. High School, is stru... More

Hey There!
Prolouge: The Nerd...
Chapter 1: ...And The Punk
Chapter 2: Aurora Avenue
Chapter 3: EMO FREAKS!
Chapter 4: Step #1; See The Punk, Be The Punk
Chapter 5: What Lies Underneath
Chapter 6: Step #2; The Ways Of The Punk
Chapter 7: Know Your Competition
Chapter 8: Step #3; Music Is Key
Chapter 9: Step #4; T Is For Tattoos...
Authors Note
Chapter 11: Your My Juliet, I'm Your Secret Romeo
Chapter 12: Black Mail Fail
Chapter 13: Uneasy Hearts Weigh The Most
Chapter 14: Step #6; Badass Or Dumbass?
Chapter 15: I'm Sorry!
Chapter 16: Love Me For Who I Am
Chapter 17: Your Forever is All That I Need
Chapter 19: Inseparable
Epilogue: New Beginnings

Chapter 10: Step #5; ...And P Is For Piercings

145 5 9
By deleting_kat

I have literally been using my sweaters this whole week, just to hide the big reveal in which was imprinted on my arms.

I've been wanting to hang out with Mer all week, but with Jim, Aladdin, and Peter around, they might find something suspicious about it, given the fact that she hasn't hung out with them on the weekends that long.

Hanging out is much easier said then done...

I watched as she laid in the bed, in the home right next to mine.

The girl next door...

She strums her acoustic guitar softly, completely oblivious to the rest of the world.
I smiled softly, looking over at my small white board, which lied on my desk next to an Expo marker.

Oh yeah...I'm going 'You Belong With Me' style!

I wrote as big and neatly as I could on the board with the marker, then knocked loudly on the window.

She turned her head and stopped playing to see my message: "You Ok?"
She just smiled, putting a finger up, signalling me to wait, until she came back with a similar board, and wrote back: "Bored."
I chuckled, and suddenly an idea struck me: "You wanna watch a movie at my place? Got a few horror films."
She smiled brightly: "Sure."
I waved her over, and she quickly went down stairs.

Oh shit! Better pick up the pace!

I ran down to the living room, putting some pants quickly over my boxers and buckling my belt, rushing to get all the Dvds out and start cooking the popcorn, closing the Windows and shutting the blinds to let dark consume the room.

I looked in the mirror, fixing my hair and slipping on a hoody, saving my green one for her.
She knocks on the door and I run over to answer it.

"Hi!" I say, almost out of breath.
"Hey, you ok?" She chuckled.
"Yeah." I smiled, a bit embarrassed.
She walked inside.
"You can choose a movie." I say, taking the popcorn out the microwave.

"You have Poltergeist? I've never watched that before!" She smiled, examining it.
"What?! Nuh-uh, we're watching this movie if you haven't seen it, that's insane!" I exclaimed.
She laughs, taking out the DVD and slipping it in the DVD Player.

Mer takes my green hoody and put it on, curling up into her little ball as she puts her hair in a bun.

I never mind, I honestly think it's adorable, and she thinks it's super comfy.

The movie began and I jumped on the couch from behind to sit, putting the bowl of popcorn on my lap.

Usually, we would jump at random jump-scares, even at the last couple of scenes, I dropped the popcorn bowl!
She would grip onto me whenever something scared her, and I even got permission to put my arm around her shoulders.

My phone buzzed, but I ignored it as the movie ended. We we're panting in relief, scared to death, but loved the thrill of it.

We laughed it off and teased each other for being scared.
"Your the one who dropped the popcorn!" She exclaimed while laughing.
"Ok fine, you win this time!" I admitted with a laugh.
"I admit, I was scared, I think you could tell with all my jumping, sorry about that." She chuckled, putting a strand of hair behind her ear.

I realized my arm was still around her, but she never seemed to mind, she didn't even make it feel awkward...
This felt right.

"Let's watch another one!" We say at the same time.
"Ok."
"Oops..uh..sorry."
We laughed.

"Alright, your time to pick, Hic." She smiled.
"Hmm..Insidious 3?" I asked.
She nodded in approval as slipped it in, picking the bowl of popcorn off the floor.

We were finally to the middle in a matter of minutes, a jump-scare could appear at any moment, I bit my lip as Merida was already clinging onto me for dear life with her head on my chest, my arm around her.

Suddenly, the front door swung open loudly, slamming against the wall.
"AHHHHHHH!" The two of us screamed as We cling onto each other.

Laughter filled the room, and we opened our eyes to see Jack, Flynn, and Kristoph, laughing their asses off!
"WHAT THE FUCK!?" I yelled, my heart pounding.
"You should've seen the look on your faces! HA!" Jack laughed.
"Jack, I WILL GET ELSA!" Merida threatened.
"What, why?!" Jack complained.
"Because your being a jackass!" I exclaimed.
"Alright...Alright. we're sorry, ok? We're just here for Hic to go out for a while." Jack finished chuckling.
I looked over at Merida.

I don't want her to leave...

"What...? No, but we were..." I trailed off.
"No, it's cool, Hic, just go." She smiled.

God...now I look the jackass...

I sighed, "Ok, see you."
We hugged, and she left.

I was pretty angry at the moment...but this was alot more important...this is so I can show myself to her in front of publicity without any of us getting hurt...

"Yeah?" I asked with a bit of a frown.
"Next step man, follow us." Kris says.
I nodded, putting my shoes on and walking out, familiar laughter coming from the yard next door where Merida and Jim stood at her motorcycle,talking.
I sighed.

"What's wrong?" Kris asked.
"I'm never going to be as good as Jim." I muttered in disappointment. Kris pats my back, "Don't worry man, we've come this far."
"Your right..." I smiled.

I need to do this!
I can be better than Jim, can't I?
Yeah! I can impress her!

"Alright, hurry up and let's do this, no matter what it takes." I say confidently with a smirk, getting into the back seat.
"You heard the guy, let's go!" Jack smiled.

Flynn nodded as he started the car back up.

"So, have you figured out my little riddle yet?" Jack grinned as We passed by Jack and Sally's.
"Well, if T is for tattoos..." I say, my eyes following their logo.

Oh God...Oh no...

"...P is for..."

I trailed off as I looked up at the logo of the establishment we were parking at.
"...piercings."

"BINGO!" Jack says joyfully.
"You seem to be enjoying this an awful lot." I growled.
"Just having fun." He smirked.
"Right."

"Come on, you took a needle, plus, how much pain you get depends on you this time, you get to choose where you get them." Flynn stated, getting out the car.
I took a deep breath in, "Ok, I'm ready."

Flynn has a point...if I can take a needle, I can take this.

"Ok, I can do this..." I whisperly repeated as me and Kris get out and we all go in.

The lady at the counter handed us a book, full of pictures of different piercing.
I thought for a moment...
They all didn't look as appealing to me, so I started flipping the pages, until I finally stopped.

That's it!

"Those, both of them!" I exclaimed, pointing at the two photos of plugs and snake bites
"Someone's feeling a bit daring today." Flynn smirked.
I rolled my eyes as the woman brought me over to a chair.
"This is gonna hurt a bit..." She spoke the same words as Sally, grabbing a weird tool and the piercing.

I swallowed as the tool grabbed my lip, and inside my mind, I was screaming in agonizing pain!
Feels like a tiny blade going right through you!
My eyes became glossy as I could feel the blood flooding my mouth.

"Dude, are you crying?" Jack snickered.
"You have no idea how much this hurts." I mumbled as she finished applying the second piercing.
She hands me a cup of water and tells me to rinse out the blood.

Aww man this feels terrible...

I quickly rinse it out, taking a look in the mirror.
Have to admit, this looks pretty nice.

"Try to build up more of that bravery, Hiccup. You've got some stretching to do." Flynn says, patting my back forward back to the chair.

Dear God...

You have to give me some credit for the endurance here! It's not so easy to keep from crying when your getting something shoved onto your ear lobe, and get stabbed below the lip!

"All done." The woman spoke as Jack left the money at the register.
"Thank God." I muttered with a sigh of relief. "So, uh, how exactly am I supposed to hide this from Merida?"
"You don't." They respond.
I nodded, standing up.

We said goodbye and stepped out, I pushed against the door and heard a crippling noise from it to see a black paper with bold white text.

Huh?

It was a flyer...

"To all rising band/rock musicians and singers,
We welcome you to Aurora Avenue!
We've decided to hold one annual day for bands of all people (Not Populars) to perform doe the hell of it.
See you there."

Jack snatched the paper from my hand, "Hey! I was reading that!" I exclaim.
A grin grew on his face as he read the paper.
"What? Don't tell me you wanna perform." Kris sighed.
"Maybe I do, but with you guys." He states.
"Well, I'll have you know, I literally can't play anything, so, I'm out." Kris stated firmly.
Jack groaned, "What about you, Flynn?"
"I could perform my guitar, but there's one problem, I can't sing rock."
"What? What do you mean?!"
"I mean what I say, it doesn't quite fit my voice."
Jack sighed, "Well, I can't sing either...so what are we going to...?" He trails off, then they look over at me.
"No way." I growled.
"Hic, C'mon! I've heard you sing in the fucking shower, dude! YOU HAVE TO!"
"Why do you even want to do this?!"
"Haven't had fun like that in a while, might as well have it now."

"Uh, that'll be a hazard for both of you, it clearly states that there are no populars aloud." Flynn folded his arms.
"We'll find a way, Flynn, I know you have that instrument stash Rapunzel left at your house."
Flynn roles his eyes, "Alright fine."
"Hic, you in?"

If this is a concert for all bands, Mer is definitely gonna be there...maybe I could...

"YES! I mean...um...Yeah, sure."
They quirked an eyebrow at me, but shrugged it off.
"We still got alot time before the performance, so we better start practicing, the song is-"
"Jack, HICCUP should choose the song. He's the one singing." Flynn says.
"Yeah, I deserve a little bit, right?" I smirked.
"Alright, fine...What song you wanna do?" Jack asks.
"Let me think about it..." I responded.

It has to be something perfect...

"Well, you've got a week, then we need to start practicing."
I nod.
Maybe this will be fun.
______________________________________________________________

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!
THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH 400+ VIEWS!
I really appreciate you guys reading this book, and I couldn't be happier!
Thank you VERY MUCH for reading this chappie, I hope you guys enjoyed it!
I love you, Fuzz-Balls!
Read, Vote, Comment
Until next time,
PEACE
:3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.1K 574 31
Set 6 months after Rise of the Guardians and Brave. Set a year after Tangled and How to Train Your Dragon. The guardians and Jack are living peaceful...
46.2K 1.4K 31
So...this is a rise if the brave tangled dragons book. It is my first time making this kind if thing and I'm horrible at descriptions so lets try thi...
32.6K 1.4K 38
A summer that brought two hearts together. Elsa Winters is a normal high school student who dreams of becoming a pop rocker. She goes to Camp Rock w...
7.5K 261 21
Elsa Aren believed that true love only exists in fairytales and not in the real life world but she then meets Jack Overland Frost,Jack is handsome,fu...