The Fakes In Goode And Annabe...

By TheGreatGreekOwl

my version of 'Annabeth goes to Goode'. Annabeth goes to Goode because her step-mother got a temporary promot... More

Surprises and Introductions
Happiness and Rivalries
Jessica
Jealous?
Sorry
Plans and Lunch Talks
Giggles
Flashback and Boring Tuesday
Date Night
Getting Ready and Promises
Nico and Blank Message
Familiar
Boring Chapter, N meets A
We Talked. Blue Cookies.
The Party- Oh, SH*T!
What Happened. And Danielle
Special! For me at least..
Death Kid With Black
The Best Flashback
Date Night Gone WRONG
Timothy
Announcement
Um..okay. Hi again. SORRY
Auditions

The Cold Shoulder

6K 106 64
By TheGreatGreekOwl

Chapter 5

ANNABETH'S P.O.V.

                        Okay, I was seriously pissed!! I mean, what would you feel if your boyfriend forgot to kiss you goodbye, when he always does that!! Especially if the reason he has to go is because of a girl!!!

                        You’re probably thinking.. Gosh, Annabeth are you having mood swings or something ‘cuz, earlier, you were sooo sad about that, and NOW, you’re mad!! Dang there’s something wrong with you, girl!!

                        Well, the answer is; I don’t freaking know! Athena knows how to hold a grudge; Athena child knows how to hold a grudge.

                        And it doesn’t really help, that I get to walk in the cafeteria, and see my boyfriend smiling down at the same girl with an arm around her, and that girl smiling back!

                        I mean, I was ‘lucky’ enough to be in art class A.K.A the class that got to lunch last. And what do I get when I got there? My boyfriend smiling down at a girl with his arm around her. What a wonderful surprise!!! NOTE THE SARCASM!!!

                        UUGGHH, anyway I didn’t want to make a scene, since it’s like, what, my second day? I mean, who would, right?

                        So, I just quickly stalked off and went to get my lunch. When I got it, I looked at it with discuss. Today, our lunch contains mystery meat, carrots, bread, and a few assortments of vegetable. Ewww…..

“Hey, Annabeth. You okay? I noticed you were a little…distracted.. in art class. Then when the bell rang you basically sprinted out of the room. There’s gotta be something wrong.” Macy said coming up to me with her lunch in her hands.

“Oh, well, I’m okay.” I said. She raised an eyebrow. “Just.. a little distracted.” I added.

“Oh, okay. Well, do you wanna go sit with us, or are y-“

“I’m gonna sit with you!” I said quickly, cutting her off. I really didn’t want to sit with Percy or Jessica. At least for today.

“Are you sure?” she said eyeing me.

“Yeah, let’s go!” I said dragging her to her table.

                        When we got there the table immediately became quiet. I mean, seriously you could’ve heard a pin drop. Wonder why….?

“Hey, can I sit here?” I said looking at them. They were quiet at first, staring at me. Then, they cheered.

“Yeah!”

“Why, not. Sit!”

“I’m glad you’re here”

“Hell yeah!”

“Sure!”

                        They all said that, mumbling agreements and what not. Kyle gestured the empty seat next to him. I smiled gratefully in return and sat down. And as quick as a flash of light we were all laughing. Don’t ask me how or why. I don’t even know. We were just….. having a great time. I didn’t mind, though. I liked it like that.

                        I was also grateful that neither Kyle or Zed hit on me like yesterday. I guess I’m part of their gang. Hhhmmm I like that.

“Hey guys!!” Jamie called our attention. We all looked at her. “Do you want to go to the mall and watch that G. I. Joe movie with us?” some shrugged and some nodded, while Zed;

“Hell, Yeah!!!” we snickered at his crazy antics and he pouted. Which made us laugh more.

“So, it’s a group outing!” Jamie cheered.

“It’s not an outing…” Jay retorted to his sister. She huffed and crossed her arms, glaring at her brother.

“Well, no one asked for your comment!” Jamie said.

“Just saying.” Jay said raising his arms in a surrender gesture. Then putting and ear bud back to his ear, then nodding his head to the beat of gods knows what, just like nothing happened. Jamie glared at him. Oh if looks could kill…. Then Jamie’s face lit up.

Anyway, “ Jamie said facing us but glaring sideways at Jay, who was smirking at her. “As I was saying before I got rudely interrupted by this idiot,” by the word ‘idiot’ Jay glared at her. “So, who’s up to watch it this Friday?” she finished. I frowned.

“Yeah that sounds good.” Kyle agreed, nodding his head at Jamie.

“I’m in! I miss these things!” Macy said.

“Hell yeah!” Zed said.

“Would you shut it with the hell yeah’s!!” screeched Jamie and Macy. Zed glared at them, crossing his arms.

“Hell…” Zed started. “To the NO!” he finished with a triumphant grin. Kyle and I chuckled at Zed, while Jamie and Macy rolled their eyes. Then they turned to me.

“So, how ‘bout you, Annabeth? You’re in right?” Jamie said looking at me, smiling.

“Umm… well….you see…I … umm…” I started. They looked at me.

“So, is that a yes?” Jamie asked clearly confused.

“No, it’s a no….” I said. “ Sorry..” I said with an apologetic smile.

“Why?” Jamie whined.

“Yeah, beth, why?” Macy said. I cringed at the nickname, but let it pass. I just shook my head.

“Oh c’mon, it’ll be fun!” Zed said.

“I have plans.” I said shrugging my shoulder.

“Awww….”Jamie cooed. “Pleeeaaassseeee….” She continued making puppy-dog eyes.

“Yeah, please…”Zed said mimicking Jamie. Puppy-dog eyes and what not. That I laughed at. Kyle, Jamie and Macy joined me.

“Guys, why is Zed making a face that resembles a sycho killer?” Jay said when he noticed that Zed and his sister leaning on the table with their faces close to mine, they’re probably standing, while I was leaning back on my seat, trying to get some space.

“well, Annabeth here, can’t come with us.” Jamie told him while fully standing up and crossing her arms.

“What!! That’s ridiculous!” Jay said. “c’mon, it’ll be fun!” he said, while Zed mumbled ‘that’s what I said’.

“So, I’ve been told..” I mumbled.

“c’mon, Annabeth! What’s so important, you can’t come?” Kyle asked.

“yeah” Jamie and Macy said.

“What Kyle said” Zed and Jay said. They all looked at me, waiting for an answer.

“Well, Percy and I are going out on Friday.” I said looking down. When I looked up again I saw they were all looking at Kyle. I knew this was going to happen, that’s why I didn’t say it earlier.

                        The air got tenser and sharper. They all had long, sad faces and such as. Especially Kyle. I feel so bad about it. I just wanted them to be happy like they always were. I may have known them for only two days, but it was enough to know that they were the kind of group that’s always happy and rarely got this kind of tension.

I felt bad they were good people. I almost wanted to say ‘fine, I’ll go’, but I can’t just abandon Seaweed Brain. Even though I’m still mad at him, I know he’ll be sad and hurt. I hate it when he’s like that.

“I’m sorry…” is aid looking down again. Gosh it was so quiet! I almost wanted to shout just so I can hear noise….

WAIT—it’s so quiet…..

                        My eyes widened and I looked up. I saw that Kyle and Macy noticed as well. Kyle was going to say something when…

“Kids?! What are you still doing here?! You’re already late!” a familiar deep voice shouted from the entrance of the cafeteria.

                        We all looked at the direction of the voice and saw Paul motioning for us to get up and get out of the cafeteria.

                        We quickly got up and took our stuff and ran out of the cafeteria. The whole time I was mumbling sorry to them and they saying it’s fine and we’re all good.

                        When we got out and stopped, Jamie took my shoulders to face her.

“It’s okay, Annabeth. We’re not mad. Maybe next time, okay?..”she said smiling. I looked behind her and saw the rest nodding their heads in agreement and smiling. I nodded.

“Well, see yah!” Jamie said taking Macy’s and Zed’s hand and walking-more like sprinting to a hallway, at the right the cafeteria.

“Well, I guess I need to go! Bye guys!” Jay said and casually walking to a hallway, at the left  of the cafeteria. Leaving me and Kyle. I looked at Kyle. He looked at me.

“Well, shall we?” he said gesturing to the hallway straight forward. I nodded. Then we walked.

“ what class are you in?” I asked him.

“Yours.”he said simply.

“Really? I didn’t notice you yesterday..” I said confused.

“How could you. You were looking at Jackson.” He said in the same voice. I felt my cheeks burn, and I looked down.

“Sorry…” I mumbled

“it’s okay.” He said. I looked at him. He smiled.”Anyway, we’re here.”

                        He was right. We were at the outside of the class. I took a deep breath. I’m not really used to being late, if you still haven’t noticed. I looked at him.

“Let the humiliation begin” I said. He smiled.

“1” he started.

“2” I continued.

“3” he finished. I opened the door and we both stepped in.

“We’re sorry, we’re late.” We said in unison.

                        The teacher stopped teaching and looked at us. So did the students. I noticed Percy looking at me confuse. And next to him was… guess who… yup! You got it! It was little miss Jessica Kirstin.

                        I huffed inwardly and turned my attention back to the teacher.

“Well, since it’s only the second day. I’ll let you off the hook. But I don’t to see this again! You may now take your seat.” The teacher said.

                        Me and Kyle walked together to the two empty seats at the back of the class. The whole time we, the students were whispering.

“What do you think they did?” I furrowed my brows at this.

“I bet they made out” WHAT!! EWW

“Way to go Tristan!” Oh My Gods. I just wanted to puke right there!.. I mean, ME and KYLE!!! OH MY GODS! Kill me NOW!!!

                        I would NEVER do that to Percy. Gods, What do they think I am?

                        Finally, we got to the empty seat. I immediately sat down and stared at my desk, waiting for the teacher to continue his lesson.

“Okay, as I was saying.” The teacher continued. Finally. I sighed.

                        I noticed eyes staring at me. I looked up to see Percy’s green eyes looking at me confused. Then looked at Kyle and glared. Then looked back at me. As if asking a silent question, which it probably was.

                        I didn’t give him the satisfaction of displaying any emotion on my face or eyes. I’m still mad a t him. So, I just looked away, and focused my attention on the teacher.

                        I know I’m being hard on him. But, what can I say…

                        Athena knows how to hold a grudge; Athena child knows how to hold a grudge.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 241 27
When Percy breaks up with Annabeth, their friends try to get to the bottom of what happened. Piper discovers that he is in love with someone else, al...
6.7K 189 15
Rated Mature out of caution! Check inside to see reasons! When Annabeth went on vacation over the summer, the last thing she expected was to get a b...
3.7K 171 27
When Annabeth goes to the French court at the urging of her father, she quickly becomes entangled with the Poupées, a group of beautiful and ambitiou...
862K 15.7K 19
Annabeth transfers to Goode High to surprise Percy along with many of their friends from Camp *Rights to Rick Riordan*