Midnight Luna (#Wattys2015)

By _LightBringer_

Outcast. Bullied. Hated. Rejected. This was Hailey Johnson's life and she hated it. She takes a stand and dec... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Author's Note

Chapter Eleven

17.1K 562 13
By _LightBringer_

Hailey's POV

The sky was a bright blue colour and the pure white clouds adorned it. The air was filled with the melodies of chirping birds and it smelt of fresh dew mixed with that earthy smell of soil and nature. Overall it was a perfect weather and everyone would be enjoying it. I on the other hand wasn't living this prefect moment. I was sitting with Esmeralda near the pond just exchanging smiles and small talks. Boy was it awkward. I wanted to just ask her everything she knew but I knew that she was just trying to get comfortable before telling me everything. I didn't know her but there was this familiarity in her that I couldn't shake off.

"Okay this is getting really awkward." I said out loud and she nodded in confirmation, "Please just tell me what you know about my parents." I looked eagerly at her as my heart was beating fast in my chest. She looked at me and then turned and stared at nothing in front of her. I just waited patiently, though my so called patience was going to slip from my fingers any moment. She took a breath and turned back at me. "Will you just tell-," I was cut off by her hand on mine. Smiling at me she said, "You're just like him. Impatient as a small child." I held my breath as she continued. I felt a strange tugging at my heart when she mentioned my father and our alikeness.

"Oh where do I start." she whined. "How about from the beginning?" I suggested. She nodded and continued, "In the year 1950 when your father was just 15 years we lost our tribe in a famine. We were the only survivors including Hena, a young witch who also lost her family. I was too young to understand what was going on back then. We buried our dead and left from there with no clue how to move ahead. For nearly two years we moved from place to place to find a permanent one to settle down. Around that time witches were hunted down and killed. Vampires and different supernatural beings were coming out of hiding. We are known as the servants of nature. So keeping balance in the world was our most important job. So when they started breeding we had to stop them by creating difficult obstacles like climatic changes, storms, etc. The vampires and werewolves' joined forces for the first time in history and started hunting every tribe of witches and brutally killing them. Many of us lost their lives and some who survived went into hiding."

"Since we weren't a part of a tribe they couldn't find us easily. Elijah was trained by the best. Our father was the king of seven combined tribes as well as the council head of the court of witches. So we could survive and hide without getting caught. This killing spree lasted for three whole years and every day hundreds of witches and warlocks were killed. Once they were satisfied that they had gotten rid of our species everything slowed down. Then six months later news spread that the vampires and they rest of them had gone back to hiding. The leader of the rogue werewolves had backstabbed them. I think you have heard about him. His name is Logan. Yes the very same person who was the cause of your parents' death."

I shivered in anger upon hearing his name. Bile rose into my mouth. But she ignored my reaction and went on, "Then for the next 15 years we lived in a small forest in Oklahoma that had a river flowing through. We trained well, as Elijah watched over us. During these years, we didn't come across any witches that might have survived. He thought that it was best that they remain in hiding even though there wasn't any threat. Then one night we were surrounded by a group of people in capes and fire torches. At first we feared the worst that we were caught. They gagged, tied and blindfolded us and brought us to a small village within a dense forest. Later we found out that they were some of the witches that survived. That village barely consisted of 30-40 people. They questioned us and we assured them we weren't the enemy. Thankfully one of the hunters recognized Elijah because of his resemblance to our father. After that they welcomed us with open arms and since they didn't have a proper leader so Elijah was voted to become the tribe's leader. And he was a really good one."

I could see it in her eyes that my father, her brother was her idol. I couldn't imagine not having a family for 15 long years. Hearing all of this was just filling those gaps I had in my mind about my father. He was even greater that I had imagined him to be. Sitting here holding her hands made it seem as if I knew him all along as if he was a part of me.

"Your father ruled well for 22 years. Our tribe grew in number but we kept ourselves well hidden. Hena had grown into a beautiful and powerful witch. She loved Elijah very dearly but the feeling wasn't mutual. Elijah never looked at her other than a friend. He did love her dearly and considered her his best friend and partner. But that wasn't enough for her and she tried every day to make him fall for her. And then one night your mother, Jane showed up at our tribe, lost and broken. Everyone wanted to kill her but Elijah looked in her eyes and instantly fell in love with her. He asked her to tell them her story and she did. She told us that she was an omega of her pack and she was banished because she wasn't allowed in the temple but had gone in to prayer. After Elijah convinced the tribe, Jane was allowed to stay with us." She smiled as recalling that day.

"But Hena didn't like that so she ran away. Elijah searched for her but eventually gave up knowing she didn't wanna be found. Jane was a smart and funny girl. She was innocent and kind and was a big ball of happiness. Everybody loved her. Your father was a goner. He was so wrapped around her finger and she didn't even know it. Couple of years later your father asked her to marry him and she obviously said yes. The wedding was short and sweet and filled with love. It was beautiful and we were all so happy. And then a year later you came into our lives. Everyone wanted to hold you and fuss around with you. I remember you being a very naughty girl and always pulling everyone's hair and clothes. Well you were just like your mother always making us laugh. Jane had asked me to be your godmother and I swear that was the happiest day of my life. Holding you and looking into those pretty eyes of yours is still very fresh in my mind." I blushed and hugged her; well I had a godmother now. I pictured my mother and father on their wedding day and their happy smiles.

"But our happiness didn't last long. One cold winter night we were attacked and our houses were turned to ashes. Most of us ran away but some stayed back and fought but we couldn't hold them. I was with your mother and you. Elijah took your mother and kissed her and then you. He told me to take you'll and run and then he disappeared into fight, that was the last time I saw him. I led Jane who was weeping badly, into the woods. Few of them followed us and I told her to keep running while I stayed back and fought them. After that I followed your mother and found that very house you stayed in before. I cautiously looked through the window and watched as the Luna, who I later knew was called Eve, also you mom, tried to save Jane but to no avail. I heard Jane asking her to take you as her daughter and I wanted to rush in there and grab you but I knew better that I couldn't take you with me. At least you would grow up with a family and be loved. I left after I saw them bury her and vowed to come back to you when the time was right."

She stopped and looked at me. I knew she felt bad for leaving me but I wasn't angry with her. "Esmeralda I don't blame you. I need to thank you because they really did give me all the love I ever wanted. I am glad you kept your promise and came back to me. But I wish you would have returned sooner before all this happened." She signed and kissed my forehead. "Believe me I wanted to but after I left you I went in search of my brothers killer. For years I asked and researched about Logan. What was his background, his weakness but I didn't get anything. Not until few months back I learnt that there was a prophecy saying that he would die by the hands of Elijah's child. And I also found out the witch who prophesied that was Hena. I was angry was an understatement. I wanted to kill her with my bare hands that very minute."

"But then I had a vision of Mother Luna telling me to come back to you and train you just like your father did for me. So here I am finally sitting with you just like I dreamed of. And trust me when I say this, you are even more beautiful then I had imagined. Though you don't look like them you do have your mother's nose." We burst out laughing. She hugged me as she suppressed her giggles and I hugged her back tightly. This was an amazing yet crazy reunion. I looked around and noticed it was getting dark. Time had passed so quickly. It was already evening and I knew the boys were waiting for me.

As if reading my mind she got up and dusted her pants. She stretched her hand out for me and as I held it she hoisted me on top. "Now why don't we go back and you introduce me properly to those Greek god like boys you have back there." Laughing like maniacs we walked back to the pack house hand in hand with huge smile on our faces.

(Like the chapter? Then go ahead and click that little star)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

462K 16.6K 19
When your mate rejects you, five years is all you have to find your second chance or you die. When Lilly is rejected on her 17th birthday she makes t...
1.3M 14.9K 12
There was never a story of an alpha being rejected, it was unheard but he was the exception. Alpha Sean Dawson had everything in his life, a strong p...
3.2M 92.3K 29
{Completed} Jessie Brown once had a normal life, a normal family, friends and a pack. But a hurricane swept over her life and completely turned every...
20.3K 533 24
A young girl who lives a not-so-normal life in New York knows something she shouldn't. Will she find her mate, the one true person who can take her a...