Fighting to go on

By XxBlondie99xX

Samantha's life changed two years ago when her mother died. She now cares for her younger brother and puts up... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Help needed
Chapter 31
Epilogue
Untitled Part 34
First chapter of edited version
Chapter two of edited version

Chapter 17

285K 4.1K 226
By XxBlondie99xX

            By the time the library closed for the night, Mark had loosened up a lot. He lost his shyness and showed me his goofy side. He had me laughing for most of the night and my stomach was sore by the time we were heading out the door.

            “Hey, do you need a ride home?” he asked.

            We pushed through the doors and I smiled when I saw Ryan’s car sitting out front. “Nope,” I said, pointing to the car. “Ryan’s here. But thanks for the offer. I’ll see you at school tomorrow.” I ran to the car and hopped into the passenger seat. I kissed Ryan’s cheek. “Thanks for picking me up,” I said.

            He turned to give me a brief smile. “No problem. You ready to go home?”

            I frowned at him. Something seemed off. I placed my hand on his cheek. “Hey, is everything okay?”

            “Yeah. Sorry, I think I’m just tired.” He started the car and pulled away from the library.

            I watched him as he drove in silence. I had a feeling that it was more then just him being tired, but I decided not to pry. When we got to my place, my eyes immediately zeroed in on the car in the driveway. “Shit,” I muttered.

            Ryan cursed as well, but quite a bit louder and more violently. His hands tightened on the steering wheel. “What the hell is he doing back?” he snarled.

            I looked at him with a bit of amusement. “It’s his house, Ryan. He does live here.”

            He turned to look at me and his eyes were dark. “I don’t know if I can let you go in there, Sammy.”

            I put a soothing hand on his arm. “Why don’t you come in with me? You can stay over if you want too. It’ll probably make both of us feel better if you’re here.”

            He visibly relaxed. “I can live with that,” he said before getting out of the car.

            I got out as well and he came around to wrap his arm around my waist as we walked into the house. We shed our coats once we were inside and then wandered further inside.   

            We found Jason in the kitchen. He froze when he saw us, but he didn’t say anything. He regarded Ryan carefully, obviously thinking that he couldn’t say anything bad about me unless he wanted to end up in the hospital. So, instead of talking, he just took a small stack of money out of his pocket and laid it on the kitchen table, and then he disappeared into the living room.

            I walked up to the table and grabbed the money. I knew it was for groceries and household things, so I stuck it in my pocket and then Ryan and I went upstairs. We stopped outside of Charlie’s door. I knocked and waited until he called out a response before opening the door. “Hey, I’m home. Ryan’s going to stay tonight.”

            Charlie was lying on his bed and he nodded. “It actually makes me feel better that he’s staying here, what with Jason being back.”

            “Did he say anything to you?” I wanted to know.

            Charlie shrugged. “Not really. He asked where you were, and I said you were out with him,” he replied, indicating Ryan.

            I turned to Ryan. “Jason doesn’t know where I work, and we want to keep it that way. I can’t afford to have him find me there and start something.”

            Ryan nodded. “Makes sense to me. I’ll admit that it makes me feel better knowing that he doesn’t know where you are all the time. And if he thinks you’re with me, then he’ll leave you alone.”

            “You’re probably right.” I looked at Charlie again. “He gave me some money for groceries and stuff, so write down what you want. I’ll go shopping after school tomorrow.”

            “Awesome, I’m running out of cookies,” Charlie said.

            I rolled my eyes. “I’m not buying you only cookies. Write other stuff down as well.”

            He made a face at me. “Fine. Can you get the stuff to make pot roast? We haven’t had that in awhile.”

            “Sure. I’ll pick some stuff up for Thanksgiving as well. Won’t be much, but it’ll be better then nothing.” I said.

            “Oh, I knew I was forgetting to ask you something,” Ryan said. “My mom asked me to invite both of you to our place for Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday.”

            Charlie looked surprised. “She wants me to come as well?”

            “Yeah, she knows you guys don’t do anything for the holiday, so she thought it would be nice if you could have a nice traditional Thanksgiving dinner.”

            “Well I’d like that. What do you think, Charlie?” I asked.

            “Yeah, that would be nice. Tell your mom thanks for inviting me as well.”

            “I will.” Ryan turned to me. “You ready to go to bed?”

            “Yeah. We’ll see you in the morning Charlie.”

            “Have a good night guys. Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.”

            I smirked at him. “That leaves me pretty much open to everything.”

            Charlie rolled his eyes. “You know what I mean. Now get out of my room.”

            Ryan and I went into my room and got ready for bed. Once we were both under the covers, I turned to him. “What was really bothering you earlier?”

            Ryan sighed. “Promise not to get mad?”

            “I’m not promising anything, but I’ll try not too.”

            “I guess I didn’t like seeing you with another guy, even though I know nothing would happen.”

            “So you were jealous?”

            He shifted a little and dropped his gaze. “Yeah,” he mumbled.

            I chuckled and his eyes snapped back to mine. “It’s okay Ryan. You’re allowed to get a little jealous. Just don’t do anything stupid about it and there won’t be a problem.”

            He smiled. “I’m not promising anything, but I’ll try not too,” he said, mimicking my words.

            I hit him in the shoulder. “Don’t be a smartass.” Then I reached up to play with his hair. “You know you have nothing to be jealous about, right?”

            He rolled until he was on top of me, his weight on his arms. “Yeah, I know. I just can’t help it.” He lowered his head to press his lips to mine. “My wolf doesn’t like other males around you.”

            “But Fluffy doesn’t mind your friends around me,” I replied.

            “He knows those guys, they’re part of his ‘pack’. They aren’t a threat to him.”

            “But Mark is?”

            “We don’t know Mark yet, so yes, he might be a threat. Until we’re sure he isn’t, I might be a little more wary of you spending time with him,” he said.

            “Well, I’m not really planning on spending time with him without you around anyways. Just my one class that I have with him and then at work on Mondays. He won’t be working on Thursdays.”

            “I’ll learn to deal with it,” he said.

            I put one of my hands on the back of his head and pulled him down to me so I could kiss him. He deepened the kiss quickly and I let my hands travel down his smooth back. My fingers trailed along the edge of his boxers and he stiffened, in more ways then one.

            He moved his hips a little and his arousal pushed against my core, causing me to gasp. He tried to move away from me, but I grabbed his waist and held him to me. He raised his head to look down at me and his eyes were darker then usual, but I knew it was because of desire, and not because Fluffy was trying to take control.

            Ryan gazed down at me. “I don’t want to do anything to scare you,” he said hoarsely.

            I pulled his head back down. “I’ll let you know when to stop,” I whispered.

            He closed his eyes. “Sammy, I don’t know how much control I’ll have if we go any further.”

            “I trust you, Ryan. You’re not going to do anything that I don’t want you to do.” I rubbed my lips lightly against his in a soothing manner.

            He groaned and crushed his lips firmly to mine, his tongue sweeping out immediately. He grinded his hips into me and I let out a soft moan at the feeling it caused. One of his hands snaked up my top and I didn’t stop him. He hesitated briefly before allowing his hand to travel up to my breasts. He cupped one of them and let his thumb flick over the nipple.

            My body arched and I pressed into his package more. He moaned and tore his lips from mine to race them down my cheek my shoulder. In one quick movement, he raised me up and whipped my shirt off. His mouth traveled down until he found my breasts. He took one nipple in his mouth and I gasped at the pleasure. One of his hands massaged my other breast, while his other hand traveled down to my hip to rest there.

            After a moment, he brought his lips back up to mine. He kissed me softly and then rested his forehead on mine. “I need to stop,” he said, breathing hard. “Otherwise I won’t be able to at all, and you aren’t ready for that yet.”

            I pouted a little, but then I nodded. “I guess you’re right. I think I’ll be ready soon though,” I told him.

            He let out a breath. “God, I hope so. I don’t want to push you, but this is getting harder to stop every time. Pun intended.”

            I giggled. “Don’t worry, I won’t make you wait to much longer. I’m getting impatient as well.”   

            He pressed another kiss to my lips and then rolled off of me onto his back. He pulled me into his side. “It’ll be worth it when the time comes though. The anticipation will make it all the more worth it.”

            I chewed on my lower lip. “What if I’m no good at it?” I asked quietly.

            His arm tightened around me. “Trust me, you’ll be great. Our bodies are pretty much built for each other. Being soul mates has its definite advantages.”

            “How do you know this?” I asked curiously.

            He shuddered. “I talked to my mom about it when I asked her about the current,” he mumbled.

            I clapped a hand over my mouth to try and stifle the giggle, but it escaped anyways. “Oh my god, I can’t believe you had to talk to your mother about that.” Then I suddenly sobered. “Crap, does she think that we’re…?”

            He shook his head. “She knows we haven’t yet. But she doesn’t have a problem with us doing that, if that makes you feel any better. She knows what it’s like to find your soul mate, so she knows how we feel about each other.”

            I traced a pattern on his chest. “And how do we feel about each other?”

            He hesitated, and then rolled again until we were lying on our sides, facing each other. He cupped my cheek in his palm. “Well, I’m falling in love with you,” he said quietly.

            My heart skipped a few beats. “Really?”

            He chuckled softly. “Yes really."

           “Good, because I think I’m falling in love with you as well.” 

*********************************************************************

Okay, so I know this one is short, but I wasn't planning on actually updating today. But since so many of you asked me too, I decided to give you what I had written. I'll try to make the next one longer for you guys. We're starting to get to the meat of the story now, so the chapters will start getting more exciting.

I put a warning at the beginning of the story that there will be sexual content, as you can tell from this chapter. I'm going to try and keep it tasteful, but there WILL be actual sex scenes coming up. I'm not going to seperate them into adult chapters, so if you get offended by that stuff, please don't read the scenes.

On another note, it's starting to get freaking cold here, and I'll be hibernating for the winter soon, so I should have lots of time to keep writing :-). I'm a born and raised Canadian, but I still hate the cold lol.

Chapter question: Should I bring Brittany back into the picture? I have a good chapter in mind for her, but if no one liked her, I won't write it. Let me know what you think!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 85.7K 33
After a chance encounter, deaf cleaning lady Irene's world clashes with wealthy CEO Leo's, igniting a spark of romance tested by family secrets and t...
28.8K 2.1K 31
He's a distant descendant of the twelve Olympian gods and goddesses. He loves cheerleading, spandex and his cheating boyfriend. He is Julius Sullivan...
243K 9.1K 28
Alex and Abi are at university. Different ones though. Its a shame isn't it? They left on good terms - in love. But long distance relationships don't...
296K 11.7K 54
No where to go, on the road Faylyn is on her way to finding her place in life. After a misunderstanding, prison and an argument with her parents, the...