Cowboy Love

By Go_Army

********MATURE CONTENT******** Amy was what you could call your normal junior (11) in high school. Un... More

Cowboy Love
Lunch
Missing Her
Disaster
Fate 1
Fate 2
Trust
Mates
Protect
Heat
Forever

Pain

5.6K 124 8
By Go_Army

Chapter 3

***Chad P.O.V ***

"This moment is absolutely perfect", I thought to myself. "I could stay like this forever."

I looked down at the princess in my arms, softly sound asleep. I felt my eyes become heavy and could no longer focus. I finally gave in and fell asleep to the delicate scent of my sweet lover.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***Chad P.O.V ***

Amy gently stirred in my arms causing me to awaken. I held up my phone, analyzing what time it was.

"Shit!" I whisper, yelled to myself.

"What is it?" Amy softly spoke, still with her eyes closed.

"We have 9 minutes before school gets out." I stated while hovering over her.

"WHAT!!!" She bolted forward causing her head to collide with mine.

"Haha woah, easy there babe." I said.

"Shit! I'm sorry Chad!" She said leaning forward, examining my forehead. "I told Jess that I was going to hang with her after school today."

"If we leave now, we can get there in 7 and have 2 minutes to spare." I cupped her face with my hands.

"Then lets get a move on!" She shouted as she jumped up and put on my cowboy hat. She looks so cute when she wears my stuff.

"Why?" I asked. "How come you can't just lay here with me, in my arms?"

"Do you want me to get into trouble?" She asked. "If I'm not home in the next 10-15 minutes my parents will kill me."

"Okay, I'll take you home." I said wrapping my arms around her, and carefully picking her up.

"I'm very capable of walking myself." She replied.

"I know but I like this way much better." I said with a wink.

"Bye Midnight!" She hollered when we passed the stables.

When we reached my truck, I opened the door and helped her jump inside. I then to jumped in beside her and started the truck. She nudged my right arm and I lifted it allowing her to settle into me.

"Uhh, Chad?" She lightly asked.

"Yes?" I answered turning my head to face her.

"Your not wearing a shirt." She responded while poking my bare chest.

"Oh, yeah. I think I have some clothes under the seat." I stated, opening the door and jumping out. Then I began searching when I found one, then I slipped it on over my head and got back into the truck and drove away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***Amy P.O.V ***

We wheeled into the high school parking lot with 3 minutes to spare. "How did that happen?" I asked myself. Knowing Chad, he does have a tendency to speed.

"I'm gonna go grab my books." I said while grabbing the door handle then jumping out.

"Okay, I will be here waiting my love." He said while flashing me a sexy smile.

I then started walking to the school doo-WHHAMMM!!!!! I smacked the hot pavement and was in tremendous amounts pain. I started blacking out and the only thing I remember was Chad beating the crap out the this guy that looked like Austin and then gave into the darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***Chad P.O.V ***

"NOOOO!!!!" I yelled, running over to my sweet Amy who was laying on the pavement, groaning in pain.

I turned to see who hit my future wife. Austin! That ass-hole! He's gonna pay for this!

"You damn son of a bitch!" I screamed, smashing my fist with his nose. I heard a loud crack and knew that it was broken for sure. Austin reeled back trying to catch his balance and ended up collapsing to the ground.

I wiped Austin's blood from off from my knuckles.

I whipped around and ran to my Ams. She was laying on the ground, unconscious. I kneeled down to her, with tears in my eyes and cradled her limp body in my arms.

I sat there for a few minutes like that till the paramedics showed up.

They had to pry me away from Amy to be able to get her to the ambulance.

"NOO!" I screamed. "IM NOT LEAVING HER!!"

A doctor pushed me away and I stopped for a few seconds before sprinting to my truck.

They moved Amy into the ambulance when I heard a doctor start to yell, and the familiar sound of a defibrillator. I stopped in my tracks, Amy. I turned to the ambulance and watched as they jolted her in an attempt to get her heart pumping. I took off running towards her realizing she was dying when an officer tackled me and pinned me down trying to assure me that she was fine and that I can follow them to the hospital.

And with that I shoved him off and ran to my truck and peeled out following close behind the ambulance.

"Don't give up Amy! Don't do it! You can't leave me!" I shouted as we pulled into the hospital emergency parking lot. I jumped out of my truck slamming the door and speeding to Amy on the gurney.

She looked so miserable, she had tubes in and out of her, this way and that. A nurse pushed against my chest with her hand telling me to wait here as I watched Amy get pushed through some double doors till I couldn't see her anymore. I stood outside the E.R waiting for the doctor to show with Amy's results.

He walked up to me handing me a file, "She's doing great. She is responding well to the treatment, however, she has a fractured left shoulder, left broken ankle, 3 broken ribs, broken wrist and a bad case of whiplash." He stopped a minute allowing me to let that set in. He continued,"She is very lucky she didn't suffer any brain or head trauma. Son, I know how hard this is but she's strong, she's a fighter, you and I both know that." He put his hand on my shoulder. "You can see her now."

I didn't let him finish before I ran into Ams' room, she was sleeping. She had a few scrapes on her face but nothing too serious. Her right wrist was in a cast with her left shoulder underneath an ice pack. Her right leg had a huge wrap on it and was sitting on a huge stack of pillows.

I walked over and sat down. I reached out and gently touched her hand, her eyes fluttered awake. She looked around the room before laying her eyes on me.

"Chad!" She croaked leaning forward and then laying back, wincing in pain.

I stood up and leaned over her nuzzling her neck being careful not to hurt her. I whispered into her ear,"Shhh, it's okay, I'm here now."

*** Amy P.O.V***

I woke up. "Where am I?" I asked in my head. This isn't my room, this a hospital room. There was a wheelchair in the corner. "What happened?" I asked again. I started looking around, Chad!

"Chad!" I croaked as I tried to lean forward but I was hit with pain all over causing me fall back into the bed.

He walked over and gently nuzzled my neck and whispered in my ear, "Shhh, it's okay, I'm here now.

I desperately wanted to wrap my arms around him but the pain was too much.

"What happened?" I asked wearily.

"Austin hit you with his car. He was in a rush to get home and didn't see you till it was too late." He said while sitting down on the side of the bed.

"What?" I said desperately. "The last thing I remember was riding in your truck."

"I heard and saw you hit the pavement. You went unconscious before you could scream." He stopped and hung his head low.

"I thought I lost you." He said quietly.

"Chad, I will never leave you." I said looking at him even though he wasn't looking at me.

He raised his head, with sadness in his eyes. "I hate seeing you like this." He quietly said. "You look like your in so much pain." He added.

"I-The doctor walked in.

"Hey Amy, how are you feeling? Are you in pain?" He said while writing something down on his clipboard.

"Umm, my ribs and neck really hurt." I said while laying my head back and closing my eyes.

"That's natural with whiplash, as the days go on the migraines and neck aches will subside." He scribbled on his clipboard again, "I'm giving you a prescription for the pain. These are very strong and will make you very drowsy. I'm putting you on bed rest for 3-5 days or till you feel up to returning to your schedule." He ripped a prescription note off then handed it to me. "You are free to go." He turned to leave then stopped, "Ohh, and before I forget I'm sending crutches with you for when become active again but other than that, use the wheelchair." Then he turned and left.

I looked to Chad, "Will you help me?"

He nodded and wheeled the chair over parallel to the bed. He bent down and picked me up then gently set me down. He handed me my phone that was sitting on the bedside table then wheeled me out of the room. I checked my phone for messages, I had 37 new messages.

7 of them belonged to Jessica.

8 were from Carlie.

12 came from Allyssa.

And the rest were from miscellaneous people asking if I was okay.

Allyssa is a really close friend to me. She is 2-3" shorter than me. Has light brown hair that goes past her shoulders, blue eyes and has a crazy personality. She's a big sporty-girl. She plays soccer, basketball and runs track. She is very Mormon and I wish I could be more like her.

'WHERE ARE YOU!!!!!'

'ARE YOU OKAY!!!!!'

'WHAT HAPPENED EXACTLY!!!!' Were all what my messages consisted of.

Chad pushed me past the front desk and out the revolving doors to his truck. He opened my door, throwing my crutches into the middle seat.

He was about to pick me up when I held my hand up, "Wait" I said, "I at least have to try." I scooted to the edge of the wheelchair then pushed myself up careful not to put too much pressure on my wrist and shoulder. I stood up, feeling nauseous then fell towards Chad. He caught me and scooped me up then set me down in the passenger seat. Before closing my door he broke the wheelchair down and tossed it into the backseat.

He ran around to his side, started the truck then drove me home. I rested my head against the window and fell asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7M 249K 43
COMPLETED What would you do if you accidentally trespassed over an Alphas territory that's known for his brutal mentality and ruthlessness? And what...
392K 15.2K 26
This book is a sequel to His Miracle Mate. *** **** *** Orla learns the secret of her ancestry, a secret that will make her a target if reveal...
1.3M 24.1K 19
He easily shook me off his face harding. "You'll be fine without me Emma your strong" "Please your all I have left" I sobbed. He looked up at me and...
49.2K 2.3K 17
*18+ Sexual/Violence Content Warning - Read At Own Discretion* A vicious smile touches his lips as he seems to read my intentions. "I knew it w...