#Unknown (ON HOLD FOR A WHILE)

By indefinitedesire

In California, things are always what they seem. Fortunately for Jacey Garcia, she begins to have an abnorma... More

1. Post Traumatic Stress
2. The Hell In My Life
3. School Is the Worst Part
4. Negativity Kicks In
5. Supernaturally Real
6. The Intervention
7. Forbidden Truth
8. New Life
9. Eighteen
10. Birthday Gift
11. Attract

12. Repel

22 1 2
By indefinitedesire

[IF YOU LIKE THIS BOOK OR ME, VOTE AND ADD TO READING LIST. :3]

How can this happen to me?

The love of my life, gone...

How am I suppose to handle myself now knowing Richard High is on my case? I know something, why don't I just change the color of my hair and my name and move to San Francisco, and live a happily ever after ending?

Unfortunately, that's impossible knowing that they have androids, especially with the fact that my ex, Max, is a psychopathic shape-shifting android.

 Confused and paranoid, I pace back and forward reaching in my pockets to find my phone that I remembered was left behind. Crying was my last extent to be honest because I know I'd waste a handful of time. It's no use.

I walk with an uneven posture with my hands crossed trying to wrap my head around what's happening to me. As I reminisce on my decision to believe in science fiction, tears slowly drift from my puffy, sensitive eyes. Los Angelas is a busy city, so as I was crying, people was staring at me and kept moving along.

Is this a Los Angelas thing? 

I don't even know where I am, thanks to my overwhelming traumatic experience. I literally researched L.A. and I know everything about it, so why am I so lost?

That's not the question, why am I lost in general with life's notorious richest? Why am I an outlier in this graph?  Why did I even get involved?

My friends were right, I should've stayed away from him.

BUT THAT'S NOT THE CASE!

San Fran is a long way back, how am I suppose to get there in time? Walking is impossible, same for running, jogging, or using any transportation like a skateboard or bicycle. 

As I walk past the love of my life, Coco Chanel, someone or something walked past me and slightly bumped me. Suddenly, these feelings kick in like oxycon and I felt a sudden rush of protection. This feeling stopped me and made people bump into me and others.

"Watch out, you little abortion," says some old random dude.

Some people had beverages in their hands which spilled because of my sudden pause. Many people came after me with such cruel words, which struck an artery inside.  I ran away.

As I ran, I've seen an opening that seemed promising, so I ran in. Worst case scenario, it was a back alley. Unexpectedly, this guy starts walking to me with starving eyes and veiny arms and legs and then I knew, I'm dead, or getting raped.

"Where are you going, pretty lady?"

"I-I-i-iii-"

"Can't wait to do me, you're saying?"

"No, that's not what I meant, stop! PLEASE!"

"That ass stopped everyone and bumped some people including me. That means you have a niiiice ass." He, then, grabs my ass and I panic with waterfalls of tears flowing from my irritated eyes.

Los Angelas is a city of people not caring. I was about o get raped in a back alley and nobody noticed. He forcefully covered my mouth and whispered "That's what you get, shawty"

He then leans for a kiss, but he fainted after a loud mechanical ripping sound occurred.

Horribly shaking, I turn to see the rapist to be an android with chords and wires exposed. I looked up to find the same dude that bumped into me.

"Are you okay, Jacey?"

"How do you know my name?"

"I'm from Rezenburg. Cordova and Nicholson tracked both of you guys down here. Why'd you guys go to L.A.? It's not safe. You almost was in the hands of Richard High's Guiana pig." After he said that, I hugged him and cried.

"I wanna go home! I want to have a human life before I graduate. I want my mom back. I want Jordan back. I want my life back!" 

He grasp me back and says "I'm sorry for eveything that's happening right now. I wish I can bring your mom and Jordan back, but the least we can do is rescue Jordan, okay?"

"Fine. For an android, you're pretty human."

"But I am human...I just have prosthetic limbs that are for combat, flying, and all that jazz. Picture me as Iron Man, but without a suit and mechanical legs with organs." He made me chuckle. "My name is Quincy Redding. I'm here to rescue you and Jordan, and put an end to Richard High."

I knew I would be safe with him. How does one compel me like that?

"Are you ready," he questions. 

Wow. How compelling he was, that question alarmed me dearly... I didn't know if I was committed to help save him, or myself.  I've just became yesterday's mold on bread, a freshmen at this stuff, a newbie in the engineering crisis, an unprepared Greek actress behind a character's mask, a nobody.

"No."

"Why not? He needs you. I need you, Rezenburg needs you; why are you holding back?"

Waiting to exhale, I told him, "I'm a nobody. I'm just a teenage girl that's graduating from High School, going to...Heaven knows where, catching on to depression and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder seeing my dead mother, lovesick because I'm not even in love with a human, but a computerized hunk of trash, stuck in unnecessary drama that I didn't have to get in to but curiosity murdered my vagina, and not only that, emotionally wrecked to the point where I'm relying on death to naturally happen to me. Why the hell should I help you, and the whole school of Rezenburg, stop Richard High in which they were scheming to make my life a one big lie?"

"--because you will have a normal life again. Your mom cooperated with Richard High before you were even born and she helped them generate Max, or your "ex" in return to make your life safe by making androids that can protect you from all of this, but something went horribly wrong. When she was in labor, and pushed you out, Richard High wanted to use you for a test subject to make you...like me. They planned this behind your mom's back, and they tried everything to steal you from her. Police officers and the SWAT team tried to rescue you and stop them from taking you, but they've failed. Do you know who they used to help them get away? Max. They betrayed her and programmed him to protect you in Richard's favor, not your mom's favor. Long story short, this isn't your life. This is computer generated by Richard High themselves. You're actually in a pod, as we're speaking, that is somewhere in California. You know what's so funny? The same detailing and platform you see all around you is completely accurate to the outside world. So to summarize my next point, where your real body is located at, is where we have to go in this world. The problem is...we don't know where "you" are, or where's Richard High is at..."

"what?" 

"YOUR LIFE THAT YOU'RE LIVING IS A LIE!" 

...so I was right? My 18 years of existence was just a lie? I've been living a LIE??? My best friends, Mom, EVERYTHING was just a lie? How inconsiderate of them? 

Suddenly, everything started getting dizzy like I've drunk a whole bottle of wine, and millions of tears become heavy from my eyes and drop down, I fainted.

All these memories are coming at me like they're haunting me, so I let them possess me. My life was all a lie, thanks to Richard High. I've lived a teenage life nobody wants to live. Is it my fault that this happened? What should I've done to stop this all? What am I saying? I was a baby when this happened...

I feel myself falling in a dark abyss of my memories circling around me.  I couldn't control my emotions while falling, so I cried and whaled and was paralyzed from the neck down.  All the memories they've created me were sickening. They were burning my skin like acid on paper and all I could do was allow them. Why was I even born? Why?

As I'm still being plowed by darkness and hallucinating memories, this burst of light from under shines through the darkness. It flows past me lighting up an unfamiliar atmosphere.

I woke up.

As I step out of my glass cage, I knew, this was the real world - the world I was cast out of by Richard High.

Everything felt so different. The air felt uncomfortable to me. The floor felt like shit to me. This was...unrevolutionary. I look around at myself and I find out that I was so distracted by the environment I was born in, I was naked. Oh well.

I was in a cavern area with several odd electric devices and the pod I was experimented in. Everything was majority dark except for some eerie light.

I pacefully walked to each device to give me some information about where I am or why this happened, or what's happening in the simulation.

Something stopped me. 

A screen with a computerized model skeleton of me alarmed me. As I examine the machine that started it all, I've found something that helped me out a lot. I've found information about the program, and myself. 

I was put in that world the same day they've kidnapped me, the day I was born. They helped with my homeostasis process so I'll be healthy, and they abandoned me in August 28, 2004, when I was 10. The description about me was that I'm a test subject for an experiment on creating life before a major crisis happens to the world in which animal life would cease to exist.  Every 10 years, they would check up on me to see if they needed improvement on the experiment or not.  Additional services included: my biological mom's DNA, and...Max's DATA. Everything else was computer generated. 

I couldn't cry. All that crying in the simulation stopped me from crying in real life. All I can sense was anger. I was completely angry at Richard High for doing this to me. A part of me wanted to go back in to get revenge, but a pat of me caught myself because I didn't know where I am currently.

I, next, walk to another screen in which they showed my location in the simulation in which it was lost. That was pointless.

Everything was so dusty and unsanitary, I wanted to faint again. 

To make up for almost fainting, I howled with fury in a place of nowhere. Me echoed screams led to a passageway I could not see because of no night source. I took the risk of going.

I balled up my fist and walked with attitude, using my senses to try to realize where the hell I'm at. At the end of the passageway, in which it took thirty minutes tops, I head to an outside secrecy area.  It looked blocked by terrain and rocks when in reality, it wasn't. The way it was set up makes you crawl out of the area.

It was nightfall when I was exposed to life. I looked all around me to get an idea where I'm at, and It hit me.

I wasn't in Grand Theft Auto...I was at the exact location where the San Andreas fault happened...

Calaveras County, California.

Time to head back to the simulation. Stopping Richard High with knowledge is the best way to get revenge. I was far away from civilization and the only place I can trust or go to, is the simulation. 

That's weird trusting false reality than reality itself, but a brilliant idea on human life by evil masterminds has to be stopped. 

I ran inside which saved me some time. Surprisingly, I felt happy feeling real stuff even though it didn't feel the same. I felt alive. 

Maybe being a test subject had its benefits. I'm so aware with everything about this world, that I don't want to leave it. But I'd rather live a fake life and being someone  that's prepared for the outside world than to be a confuse sack that don't know what to do.

As tired as I was from running, the pod was right there. All I could just do is just lay inside it and go in. 

I checked each screen to make sure I will be able to come back to where I left off. Success!

I press the enter key just to make sure it'll start once I'm in and ready, and magically, it worked.

I lay in, close the pod door and I passionately announced, "Jordan, I will save you. Even though you're computer generated, I will save you, and save myself from this chaos. I will get my revenge. Rezenbu--"

HOLY CRAP!!! How did Rezenburg even get in the program? How? There was nothing that said it was hacked, everything was perfect...but how?

I'm officially knocked out and the process of my awakening reversed right to the simulation.

I woke up in the pod I was exactly in...but with clothes. First, I was confused because I wasn't clear with the location I summoned at, but then I've seen Jordan on an operating table parallel to me.

I'm back in.

I ran to him while he was laying down in a prisoners' slumber and I shrugged to wake him up.

"Welcome back, Jacey. Too bad you'll be expelled from the simulation once I exterminate you."

[AUTHOR'S NOTE]

I COME BACK TO WATTPAD TO WRITE THIS INTERESTING SHIT???

Anyways...I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!! What an interesting return with this chapter. <3 I only have three more chapters to do and I'm DONE with this book. I thought I would never finish it because I lost concentration to writing AND school messed me up. Happy Summer.

Anyways, Like, Comment, Share, Add to Reading List, and FOLLOW ME for more.

-indefinitedesire

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 5.3K 69
Luis and his family recently moved to a new state. His favorite thing to do is play soccer. Everything soccer. There's struggles at home and struggle...
76 23 21
What is happening!? My life couldn't have been a dream it was so real! I had kids and a husband! Tears burn my eyes. I had a home. It can't just be...
597 48 25
This is a story about 17-18 year old's lives and how who they are sometimes isn't accepted and how it really affects them. Its also about surprise, a...
272K 7K 37
Everybody knowsthe cliche where the bad boy/Mr. Popular falls in love with the geek. But does it also work the other way around? Meet Angie. She is t...