Falling For The Opposite [PUB...

By yourstrulytrina

Published under Pop Fiction/Summit Media. She's rich, he's not. She's the student body president, he's stru... More

Falling For The Opposite
Chapter One: Being Called a B*tch
Chapter Two: Scream Fest
Chapter Three: Vending Machine
Chapter Four: Leaving His Bike
Chapter Five: Milk and Cookies
Chapter Six: The Smith Brothers
Chapter Seven: Balloon War
Chapter Eight: Party?
Chapter Nine: Why?!
Chapter Ten: Coke Can
Chapter Eleven: Hot Chocolate
Chapter Twelve: One-Eighty Degrees Coffee
Chapter Thirteen: Mayonnaise Cake
Chapter Fourteen: Stop Glaring
Chapter Fifteen: Fever
Chapter Sixteen: Wanted
Chapter Seventeen: Something He Deserves
Chapter Eighteen: Happy Birthday (Drew's POV)
Chapter Nineteen: I Don't Know
Chapter Twenty-One: Always
Chapter Twenty-Two: How Lovely
Chapter Twenty-Three: Love Sick Puppy
Chapter Twenty-Four: Tutor
Chapter Twenty-Five: Thunder Storms
Chapter Twenty-Six: Rebecca
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Cake Chase
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Spin The Bottle
Chapter Twenty-Nine: He Doesn't Get It
Chapter Thirty: Promise
Chapter Thirty-One: Stop Talking
Chapter Thirty-Two: Fix You
Chapter Thirty-Three: Love?
Chapter Thirty-Four: Long Way To Go (Lucas' POV)
Chapter Thirty-Five: Ask
Chapter Thirty-Six: Our Future
Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Start
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Three Words
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Puppet
Chapter Forty: I Love You
Bonus Chapter: In Four Years
Spin-Off
PUBLISHED

Chapter Twenty: Screw It

448K 14.3K 6.4K
By yourstrulytrina

“How lovely,” Jessica muttered sarcastically as we entered the Smith’s Residence.

I totally I agree, nothing’s better than drunk teenagers who are having dry sex at the middle of the dance floor… not.

“Why did I agree to this?” my best friend groaned beside me.

I scanned the room until my eyes landed on Blake who was grabbing himself a cup of beer. It’s time for me to play cupid.

“Jessica, why don’t you go get us some beer,” I suggested, giving her a slight push.

“You’re seriously going to leave me?” she asked in disbelief.

“No…” I trailed off, looking around for a possible excuse. Lucas was walking by and I quickly grabbed his arm, “It’s just that Lucas and I need to talk.”

She lifted a brow and I smiled sheepishly at her, “Please?”

She sighed and turned on her heel, weaving through the crowd. I turned to Lucas and let go of his arm, “Thanks.”

“What was that all about?” he questioned, leading us to a couch.

“Your brother and my best friend are both acting like kindergartens,” I told him, taking a spot where I could perfectly see those two.

“What do you mean?”

“They both like each other but are too blinded by worry to even give their relationship a chance.”

I watched as Jessica approached the table, looking at her feet. Blake tapped her shoulder and her head snapped up, I could see her ears turning red. They exchanged a few words and surprisingly, Jessica turned around and started to run.

I jumped on my seat to chase her but Lucas wrapped a hand around my wrist to stop me.

“Let them handle their own problems,” he muttered. I saw Blake place down his red solo cup and went to chase after Jessica.

“Seriously, I can’t handle a complicated love life,” I groaned, plopping back down on the couch.

“Yeah right,” Lucas scoffed and I gave him a weird look which he ignored so I only shrugged.

“So what’s up with the amount of people in this party?” I asked, cringing at the amount of people. Half of the population of this house is a bunch of strangers to me and I’m pretty sure to the Smith Brothers also.

“I don’t know,” he answered truthfully, “I just texted everybody in my contacts that I’m throwing one.”

“You invited your whole contacts list?” I gaped at him and nodded as if it wasn’t anything big.

My phone vibrated in my pocket and I fished it out, pressing it to my ear without even looking who it is.

“Hello?” I yelled over the music.

“Celeste?” I heard Drew’s voice. I covered my other in hopes of hearing him better.

“Drew?” I asked in surprise, Drew never calls me on my cell.

The mention of his name though did alert Lucas who turned his undivided attention to me. He glared at the phone in my hand as if it was really Drew.

Drew said some words thought I can’t hear them.

“Hold on for a minute, I’m going to somewhere quiet.”

I lowered my phone and stood up, “I’ll be right back,” I told Lucas, making my way through the sea of bodies until I spotted a bathroom. I got inside and locked the door behind me just in case any drunken idiot decided that he wants to throw up or a horny couple wants to have some bathroom sex.

“So what were you saying?” I asked, leaning against the sink.

“First of all, where the hell are you?!” he yelled through the phone.

“At a party.”

“You ditched my family for a party?”

“In my defense, I was invited to this party two days ago,” I defended myself, “Why did you call me anyway?”

“My bike isn’t working and my mom’s car is out of gas,” he informed which earned a facepalm from me.

“So you want me to go there and drive your dad back to prison,” I guessed.

“Yeah.”

He should really consider himself lucky that I like him or else he would have been dead.

“Who should consider himself lucky?” Drew questioned from the other line.

Did I really just say that out loud when Drew can hear everything I say?

“Yup,” he says.

Well that answers my question.

“I’ll be there in ten minutes, don’t make me wait any longer,” I stated, opening the door and got out. I hanged up on him and wandered to find Lucas to tell him I’ll be going.

“There you are,” Lucas grinned with relief as he walked up to me, “I need to show you something.”

He didn’t give me some space to argue so when he grabbed my hand and started pulling me to the garden, I no longer protested.

It was the same old garden that I used to explore as little child. The amount of time my parents visited the Smith residence, I’ve became accustomed to the never ending garden that they have at the back of their house.

“You’ve got to trust me on this,” he suddenly said as he covered my eyes with his hands.

“Lucas!” I protested but he urged me to walk forward, “I don’t want to.”

“Trust me,” he whispered softly.

I don’t know what the hell in my body made me do it but I nodded. As much as I want to deny it, I have this little bit of trust in Lucas that he doesn’t have any intentions to harm me.

Walking slowly, I allowed him to lead my way up until we stopped and I can still feel the grass underneath my shoes.

“One, two,” Lucas counted and when he said three, he removed his hands. I blinked a few times for my eyes to adjust before I gasped at the scene before me.

Christmas lights adorned the trees surrounding us which are reflected on the pond near us. Lucas handed me a small box which I took with hesitation. He had a hopeful gleam in his eyes and I slowly opened his gift to me.

A gold necklace with my name on it.

“Merry Christmas,” he muttered bashfully.

“Lu-Lucas,” I breathed out, trying to process everything.

“You hate it, don’t you?” Lucas suddenly groaned, covering his face with his hands, “I knew it!”

“It’s not that,” I quickly said, trying to make him stop from pacing back and forth, “It’s a great gift, I really appreciate it.”

“You do?”

I nodded and I hugged him knowing it was something he would like. This is what I liked about Lucas, he might be rich but he’ll appreciate anything you give him. My phone vibrated in my pocket and I sighed, pulling back as I remember that I still have to bring James back to jail.

“I got to go.”

His face instantly fell making a guilty feeling creep up to my stomach, “But I’ll be back,” I quickly added.

The sad look certainly lifted a little but his mood hasn’t changed completely. I offered him a smile and goodbye before I pushed myself to the front door.

Thanking dear God that nobody dared to touch my new car, I ran to it and go in before the cold can freeze me. I completely forgot my coat at Jessica’s house to this flimsy blouse isn’t doing the chore of keeping me warm very well.

Drew Everett, you owe me big time.

Since it was the night of Christmas Eve, mostly everybody was inside their houses waiting for midnight to strike. The only thing you should watch out on the streets are the drunk bastards.

When I reached Drew’s house, I honked my horn. There was no freaking way am I getting out of the warmth my car provides. Soon enough, Drew and his dad were exiting their house with Ariel and Savannah waving them off at their porch.

“We’re so sorry, Celeste,” James apologized when they climbed at the backseat.

“It’s alright,” I tried to assure them. Instead of my voice coming out like it was no big deal, it sounded like I was gritting my teeth in anger.

I wasn’t particularly mad at Drew, I was mad at myself. One, my parents is the reason why he can’t be all jolly with his family every day and secondly, I almost admitted it to him that I like him on the phone.

We got to the jail and I waited patiently for Drew to bring his dad inside. Tapping my fingers on the steering wheel, my phone beeped. I took it and Lucas has texted me, asking me where I was.

Instead of replying, I placed my phone back to my pocket just I time as Drew entered my car again and this time, he was seating at the passenger seat.

“I better drop you off at your house,” I sighed, starting to reverse back to the road.

Drew didn’t say anything but nodded in response, he wasn’t even looking at me, he was looking outside of the window.

Stopping in front of the medium sized house, I just stared straight up front, waiting for him to get out. Minutes ticked but he wasn’t moving so I finally snapped my gaze to him. I breathed in when my eyes met his intense green ones.

“Drew,” I gulped audibly, “We’re here at your house.”

“I know,” he muttered quietly, still looking at me.

“You could go down now,” I mumbled but it was loud enough for him to hear in the silence of this car.

“Who were you with?” he asked, ignoring what I have just said to him.

I wanted to lie, I don’t want Drew to think of the wrong idea but with his stare, there’s nothing I can do but tell the truth.

“Lucas.”

The intensity of his stare made all of the air leave my lungs. His features were perfect, from his green eyes to his kissable pink lips. If only he knew how badly I wanted to press my lips to his.

I don’t know if this is for the good or for the worst of things but he finally placed his hand on the door handle and opened it.

“Thanks for the ride,” he murmured, stepping out and walking around the car to get to his house.

I watched as he did so, he walked up to his porch but he stopped.

I rolled my window down and hollered at him, “What’s wrong?”

He turned around and started walking back to me. He leaned forward through my open window and once again, I was held captive with his eyes.

“You know what?” he spoke, “Screw it.”

I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion but when I felt his lips on mine, I felt like the whole world stop.

 -----------------------------------

Aaaaaaaaaah they freaking kissed! Excuse me while I fangirl over my favorite couple. I kind of feel sorry for Lucas right now.

Question: Do you think Drew and Celeste will finally become a couple?

Vote, comment and follow.

P.S. Don't you advertise your stories on mine. If you want me to read your story then PM me, I'll make some time to read it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 149 35
Amelia is beautiful, hot, popular and rich. She' also the queen bee in Avery High. She's got everything a teenage girl would want. Including a hot da...
21K 904 24
Hannah is hooked onto the popular group until disaster strikes. Now her so-called-best friends ditch her. Hannah also faces problems with the queen b...
6K 228 52
© Copyrights Reserved. Meet June Sullivan -- The Queen Bee of the school. Meet Zayden Parker -- The Bad Boy of the school. You may have read the stor...
167 21 17
Ava Harte had life handed to her on a silver spoon, rich family, rich friends, rich school, the "easy life" as most would say. But what if this was...