Imperfectly Perfect [Nouis]

By lilacdreams-

[COMPLETED] ❝Imperfection is beauty.❞ When he makes a ritual to buy his morning coffee from the town's quaint... More

Disclaimer + description
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Epilogue

Chapter Three

17.3K 747 229
By lilacdreams-

NIALL'S POV

I was busy brewing a usual drink for one of our usual customers, when I heard Zayn and Val whispering to each other at the front counter, not-so-discreetly.

"Is that the new customer from that day?" Zayn asked Val, who giggled in response. My eyebrows raised. Were they talking about Louis?

"Zayn, that's Niall's boyfriend!"

"What?! When did that happen?" Zayn laughed, and I decided that now was the time to cut in. Placing the drink on the ordering counter, I turned to my friends.

"No, I don't have a boyfriend guys, he's just a friend!" I huffed, shooting Val a glare, who stuck her tongue out in response. Shaking my head, I turned to the customer and took their order.

After I was done with the latest order, "Where is Louis anyway?" I asked no one in particular, looking around the shop.

"He left for a while, seeing as you were busy. Isn't that adorable, he only wanted you to serve him!" Val cooed, making kissy faces at me, Zayn joining in soon after.

"That's not true! He-"

"Aww! He's in denial!" Zayn snickered.

"Shut up Malik! You worry about your Harry problems!"

Zayn raised his hands up in surrender, but he was still smirking. "Defensive, ooh!"

"Bugger off guys! That's only 'cos I know his usual order."

"My point exactly," Valerie smirked.

"You're making no sense," I pointed out. She shrugged, then a teasing grin suddenly formed on her face.

"Here comes your customer! And there goes my shift. Have fun Nialler! See you later boys!" Before I could ruffle her hair, she had already ducked and fled to the back room, laughing all the way.

I looked up and met the blue-grey eyes of Louis. "Hey," he smiled sweetly, leaning against the counter. He was acting a bit more confident as compared to yesterday, I noticed.

"Hey to you too," I grinned at him. "The usual?"

Louis pretended to think. "Yeah, sure."

With a smile, I turned back around to the counter and fixed his cappuchino. Rolling my eyes at Zayn who was continually smirking at me, I set Louis' order down on the counter after I was done, and he handed over the cash.

"So, have you explored Mullingar yet?" I asked him.

Louis shook his head. "Not really. I've been busy setting up my apartment."

I nodded. "Understandable. How about I show you around then? All my favorite spots?" I offered hopefully.

"He has a lot of favorite spots," Zayn interjected, grinning mischievously.

Louis frowned. "Um."

"This is my idiot best friend, Zayn," I introduced the two boys, and Zayn mock-saluted Louis who weakly smiled back and mumbled a shy "Hi."

"So, you up for the mini tour?"

A light smile formed on the beanie clad boy's face. "That's so sweet of you. I'd like that."

I beamed at him. "Great!"

"We're going now?" Louis asked, still smiling. I shook my head.

"Oh no Mr. Smart University Guy! Unlike you, I've to go to college. So after that, yeah. How about we meet at the Old Bridge after two?"

Louis nodded. "Sounds like a plan." And with a one last smile sent my way, he walked out the shop, steaming cup of coffee in hand.

~*~

Classes went by like usual, and I strangely found myself anticipating the end of class, probably 'cos I had to show my new friend around.

After the last class, Geography; which I had with Val was over, we were walking side by side out the campus building. I must be walking a tad faster than usual 'cos Val remarked, "Do ya have somewhere to go?"

I grinned. "Yeah, actually. I've offered to show Louis around today."

Val pouted. "It's not fair, you guys are replacing me! Zayn with Curly boy, and now you're already replacing me with cute beanie boy!"

I chuckled, grabbing her in a headlock and mussing her hair. "Aw, silly Val. No one can ever replace you. Ever."

"Okay, okay! I believe you, now let me go!" When she had successfully managed to get out of my death grip, she stuck her tongue out at me and smoothed down her hair.

"Now go on, have fun with your friend! And I want details later!" She called out to me. I just chuckled and started walking in the direction of the Old Bridge.

~*~

When I reached the bridge, just like yesterday, Louis was standing at the edge, admiring the water with a peaceful expression on his face. He was wearing a woolen beanie, and I briefly wondered why even if it was quite hot today. I myself was wearing a cotton shirt and cargo shorts.

"Hey." I walked over to Louis, standing beside him.

"Hi. So, where to first?" Louis was talking a lot more than he was yesterday, I observed yet again. Not that that's a bad thing. It's good that he's finally warming up to me.

"Hmm, I've an idea. Come on." Walking side by side, I took Louis to the fishing docks.

"Here?" Louis asked, looking around. "Though the view is quite nice here."

"Nope, we're not there yet," I told him.

"Oh."

I led him to the bait shop by the lake, walking inside and greeting Sam, the elderly bait shop owner who was like a grandpa to me.

"Hey Sam!" I greeted. Sam looked up from the newspaper he was reading, his wrinkled face forming a warm smile. "Why hello my boy! 'Ere to have a catch with yer new friend?"

"Actually, we just wanted a boat," I told him and he hummed.

"Alright, just take one out from the back. I trust ya, boy."

"Thanks Uncle Sam!"

"Nice meeting you Sir," Louis greeted him formally, which made Sam raise his eyebrows in amusement.

"Wey hey, yer friend's a posh Brit, eh Nialler?"

I blushed at Sam's comment, hoping Louis didn't take offense in it. Thankfully, he was still smiling at the aged man.

"Okay, thanks again Sam, we better be off."

So, I dragged Louis to the dock and told him to get inside one boat. I climbed in after him, pulling on the motor 'til in growled to life and untied the boat from the dock.

"I-I don't like water that much," Louis frowned.

"Oh? It's not deep at all, it's perfectly safe," I assured him. Louis searched my face for any traces of lies and when he found none, he nodded reluctantly.

Louis didn't say much after that, he was just staring in awe at the tiny fishes that would occassionally jump out of the water.

I steered the boat to the left, and slowed the motor when we were close to the destination. A while later, the boat was at the tiny island that was situated in the middle of the lake.

I tied the boat to the small dock, hopping out and Louis doing the same. I led the way through the small island filled with greenery, Louis silently following me.

"Kay, we're here!" I announced, when we stopped in front of a modest looking treehouse. 

"Let's go in. The view's great from there."

Louis nodded, and I gestured him to climb up the stairs attached to the trunk of the tree. I followed his actions.

"Whoa, you were right!" Louis gushed, when we both had climbed up the treehouse which was completely open from one side.

"Told ya."

"This place is so cool!"

"It's actually our secret tree house, which Zayn and I had built when we were kids."

"Oh, that's nice," he commented. I sat down on the edge, my legs dangling. Louis copied my actions, and we sat in comfortable silence. I glanced at Louis a few times, smiling at how his lips would curl up in a cute smile whenever a fish would jump out of the water, it's shiny body reflecting the glistening sunlight.

"Can we go for a swim?" Louis asked after a while and I turned to him in surprise.

"Really? You want to go in in the water?"

Louis nodded shyly. "Yeah. It looks really warm. And you said it's perfectly safe, and I trust you."

I couldn't do anything other than smile largely at his words. He trusted me already, wow. I smiled wider at that.

"Okay then, London boy. Let's go," I stood up and held my hand out for him to take. He grasped my hand firmly in his noticeably smaller one, hauling himself up.

All the while we climbed down, 'til we walked to the water, Louis didn't let my hand go.

And strangely enough, I didn't mind that one bit.

~*~

Aww! Nouis! Stahp! <3

Thanks for the cute comments and votes on this little ol book. ^o^

**Next update afer 15 votes, 4 comments and 80 reads.**

Preview of the next chapter: They go for a swim. And who knows what might happen in the water... *smirks*

~bemycupcake xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

237K 9.4K 37
Harry is a drunkard. Zayn is the man who reminds him of what it's like to be sober. Harry Styles' adult life has always revolved around a bottle in h...
1.9M 49.2K 45
Harry is a jock, simple as that. He has always been the guy who every other person in the school wishes they were. He is living the 'good life' wit...
74.1K 521 30
Lacey's life is a disaster. Her dad is abusive, and her mom left when Lacey was two. Now, she is taking care of Elena, her little sister. While takin...
1.7K 215 18
The one thing every person takes for granted is time. You never know how much of it you have, and you should really cherish every moment, because the...