The Friendly Reality (Harry S...

By aabbhhiiee

A guy and a girl can be just friends, but at one point or another, they will fall for each other.. Maybe temp... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Arrival
Chapter 2: Meeting Her
Chapter 3: Hang Out
Chapter 4: Bestfriends
Chapter 5: The Audition
Chapter 6: Adjustment Period
Chapter 7: Meeting the Boys
Chapter 8: Busy Schedule
Chapter 9: Harry's Issues
Chapter 10: Unbelievable
Chapter 11: Me & Her
Chapter 12: Mood Swing
Chapter 13: The Reveal
Chapter 14: Still Trying
Author's Note
UPDATE!!
Chapter 15: The Wedding
Chapter 16: Stargazing
Chapter 17: Months Ago (A Flashback Chapter)
Chapter 18: Back With the Boys
Chapter 19: Damn It (A Flashback Chapter)
Chapter 20: Girl's Night Out
Chapter 21: It's Still You
Chapter 22: Please Understand (A Flashback Chapter)
Chapter 23: Adventure Time
Chapter 24: A Time For Us
Chapter 25: Everything has Changed
Chapter 26: Much Better
Chapter 27: Preparations
Chapter 29: Clear Things Out
Chapter 30: Misconception
Chapter 31: Climax
Chapter 32: The Moment I Knew
Author's Note
Chapter 33: Finally
Chapter 34: Just Go With It
Chapter 35: One Step Closer
Epilogue

Chapter 28: I Don't Regret It

583 19 2
By aabbhhiiee

Note: Dedicated to @imaginator1d! I mean seriously, your story (After 1, 2, 3) are soo awesome! I always wait for an update Lol. You write so good and I wish I could write as good as you! :) ILY :*

Chapter 28:

I Don't Regret It

(Niall's POV)

Why am I always the one to lose the girl? Wait let me rephrase the question. Why does Harry always get the girl? I mean I know they haven't made things official. She's still my girlfriend and he's still her best friend. But- I don't know. I guess all good things will unwillingly come to an end.

I know she loves him.

"What you know is wrong. She loves you, more than how she loves me." Harry tells me, feeling all confident.

What if he's right? But what if he's not? I was beginning to feel uncomfortable at this point-

"Don't be dumb Harry. You're her best bud." I replied, trying to maintain a straight face.

"And you're her boyfriend."

"That's the point, Haz. Time will come, this will all end soon. Things will be right where they should be." Tears were beginning to form in my eyes that I had to look away and quickly leave.

As I shut the door behind me, pain started streaming down my cheeks. I didn't know where to go. I had to stay away for a while to collect myself rather than break down and lose myself knowing that the girl I love will slip away from me soon enough. I got down the lobby and there I think I saw Zoe Whelan sitting on the wide leopard couch. It's got to be her.

I slowly walked my way to her but she greeted me before I did. "Niall! Long time no see." Her arms grabbed me for a hug which I fully accepted. "You look different when I last saw you hmm.. 2 years ago? Or is it-"

"Yeah, people change." I cut her off and she gave me a smirk. I admit she looked beautiful as she wore her striped crop top and leggings. She even had a black fedora on and her dark brown hair perfectly waved up to her shoulders.

"So what are you doing down here this late?" She questioned, asking me to sit with her on the sofa.

I scratched the back of my neck and gave her an answer, "Well I was going to ask you the same thing."

She laughed a bit and looked away. "Don't tell me you're really happy to see me here?"

"I am actually." I admit. Well as I've said, I needed to collect myself. "You want to grab some ice cream?"

"This late? Where can you fi-"

"My treat."

"Alright!" She exclaimed. I took her hand into mine and we exited the hotel to find maybe some Gelato stand. There's got to be one somewhere. We walked for about 15 minutes, laughing and making jokes, until we found the perfect ice cream shop. It was almost closing time and good thing the manager recognized who I was so he made two seats available.

She licked her ice cream as I was already munching my cone. "Well this seems nice." She told me, referring to the time we're currently spending.

I nodded in agreement. "Hey, we're throwing a birthday bash for Hazza tomorrow.."

"Hazza?"

"I meant Harry. Harry Styles?"

"Oh yes, yes. And?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to come. I mean a lot of people would be there. It would be great if you would be too."

She rolled her eyes and giggled. "I don't know.."

"Please?" I begged.

"Is Niall Horan actually begging?" She teases and I roll my eyes. "But wouldn't your girlfriend be there too?"

Oh right. But she wouldn't care because I know she'll be busy with organizing everything.

"Yeah. But it's fine." I told her.

Zoe's eyes lit up but died down when her ice cream was finished. "What time is it anyway?"

"Seven."

"My photo shoot won't end 'til eight." She let out a sigh, probably thinking she won't be able to make it.

"And the party won't end 'til midnight."

She agreed and that made me forget the pain for a while. We got back to the hotel a little before midnight and hugged each other good night. When I got to our room, it felt so peaceful and quiet. Everyone's asleep now, I suppose. I held the knob that led to where Abbie is sleeping but decided against it. I can't bare seeing her lie innocently beside me as I sleep. I know I wanted her to be the first thing I see in the morning but maybe not this time. I decided to sleep on the couch instead, though it wasn't really comfortable at all.

*****

(Harry's POV)

And my phone went dead. Great.

"Have you decided now, Mr. Styles?" The sales lady asked. I've been looking at these two different shoes and I can't decide which is which. I wish my best friend was here.

"2 more minutes." I told her and she impatiently rolled her eyes. Well I actually thought she enjoyed my company. "I got it!"

She sighed, "Finally. Which is which?"

"I'll buy both!" I exclaimed and took out my credit card. I saw this annoyed face on the sales lady and I laughed knowing how pissed I made her. Just as I was about to pay, I heard screaming girls outside. Wait-what? How did they find me?

"Lock the doors!" Two of my bodyguards said in chorus and the Nike store's manager looked scared so he quickly obeyed. I turned around and saw a mob of fans outside the only exit of store. Let me clear things out.. My phone's dead. I am mobbed by fans right now. I have a date at 7 pm. And I don't know how I'll get there. This is extremely great. Note to sarcasm.

"Can't I really go out?" I asked them, desperate to get the hell out of here and go to funky buddha. It's almost seven and I know Abbie's waiting for me there now.

I felt a large hand grab my shoulder. "You can't. Let's wait for a while." Argh. I plopped down this black seat and buried my head in my arms. This is so not happening. I just hope Abbie's patient enough to wait for me. Hang in there babe. I'm coming for you.

After about what seems like a year, the fans calmed down and made way for me to be able to leave. Well that was weird. I mean I've never seen them do that- being calm around me. "Thanks guys!!" I yelled before closing the door of the driver's seat.

"Slow down Haz! There's no zombie apocalyspse!" I remember Abbie telling me whenever I drive past the speed limit. It scares her all the time that she usually gets us a driver instead whenever we go out.

I got to Funky Buddha at about 8:30. A lot of fans were waiting outside that the police had to set barriers. I wonder how they knew where to find me. They probably saw Abbie enter the restaurant earlier. Speaking of it, oh shit- I am super late! The guard escorted me to the entrance but as I entered, everything was pitch black. I was about to turn around and leave but the door was already closed behind me. Now I can't see. Can't this day get any better?

I took one step forward and heard something crack. I looked down and saw a glow stick starting to neon up. It was orange, my favorite color. I moved forward a little bit more, and with every step i take, a glow stick lights up the way. Until there was this big one that I stepped on and it continuously lit up to what seems like a center stage. Blending colors of purple and blue glowed, revealing a person standing up with this cake in her hands. She looked like an Angel.

"Happy 21st Birthday Harry." She calmly said, her voice echoing in the entire room. My heart was pounding in my chest and I can't believe she exerted this much effort to make this day the best day of my life.

I put my hands in my pocket, not wanting her to see how it trembles due to excitement after seeing her right there, in front of me. "Uhh.. Bab- Abb- Abbie.." I mumbled.

"This cake is kind of heavy you know." She confessed, laughing a bit. Damn she looked so cute!

"This is the best birthday of my life. I wish Mom and Da-"

"Shh.." She cut me off. "Come here."

I took another step forward and the rest of the neon lights lit up. I saw Mom, and Robin, and Dad, and Gemma, the boys, the girls, Simon was even there. They were all looking at me and I looked back at them surprised. They're all here!

"How did- where- I thought-" I couldn't find the right words to say and I turned back to Abbie. "You." I pointed out and she laughed.

Everyone started singing the Happy Birthday song as I got nearer to my cake.

"Make a wish." She whispered.

I closed my eyes for about a few seconds, at the same time taking in this wonderful surprise. After which, I blew the candles forming a number 21. Am I really that old?

"What did you wish for?" She asked, putting the cake down on the center table.

I wished for things to be right where they should be.

"It's a secret." I replied and she rolled her eyes.

"Dinner is served!" Louis yells and trays of mouthwatering meals entered the area, serving all the guests.

I exchanged hugs with the lads and thanked them for this celebration.

"It was all Abbie's idea." Perrie said, hooking her arm on Zayn's.

"But it would have been a total disaster without everyone's help." Abbie insisted. "Including the fans." She added.

Wait-what?

"Outside the Nike store? You brought them there?" I asked, figuring things out. They all nodded and laughed.

The party music blasted off the speakers right after dinner and everyone danced around. The lights were dimmed and beverages were served, including some margaritas, vodkas, martinis, and other alcoholic drinks. Everyone was certainly having fun. Abbie was sitting by the bar counter alone so I immediately went up to her.

"Thanks for the surprise." I told her, at the same time gesturing the bartender to give me two drinks.

"You thanked me a million times already." She stated, rolling her beautiful eyes.

I laughed and handed her the drink, "And I'll thank you a million more." She blushed, causing me to laugh harder but I stopped when my bicep burned at the pain of her slap.

There was a slight commotion by the entrance but died down when a short brunette, well not too short, probably about Abbie's height, entered. She seemed lost and looked around as if trying to find somebody. She looked familiar but I don't remember where I saw her.

"What the fuck is she doing here?" I was caught of guard when I heard Abbie's question.

"Who's she?" I asked, lost and confused.

"Sweet nibbles! That's Zoe Whelan! I gotta call my brother!" The bartender blurted out. I didn't know he was standing just behind us. He took out his phone and probably dialed his brother's number.

Zoe? Zoe.. Zoe Whelan.. Wait Niall's ex-girlfriend?

"Who invited her?" She continued asking, then turned to me. "Did you?!"

"What? No! We're not even close!" Just as I said that, we saw a blonde guy welcome her, giving her a kiss on the cheek. No one minded them, except us.

"Niall." I whispered to myself.

No, no, no- please tell me this is a sick joke. This night was going perfectly with my best friend and I, then that girl, which he obviously invited, comes here and ruins everything. They both did.

"They're just friends. They're just friends." Abbie kept repeating to herself, tapping her fingers on the side of her glass. "Right Harry?"

I didn't know what to say. "Uhh yeah?" She showed me a weird smile and finished off her margarita.

(Abbie's POV)

"Wanna dance?" I pulled Harry off the stool, not making him able to respond to my question.

No I'm not drunk. Yet. I only drank little so it won't really fill my system. Though a bit of jealousy is stinging my thoughts.

"Are you alright?" I heard him ask as we shook our asses at the center of the dance floor. "You're not drunk are you?"

I shook my head.

"Then calm down for a while." He took hold of my arms and directed them to his neck. His hands snaked down my sides and stopped on my waist. He rested his forehead on mine, making me adore his emerald eyes that looked straight at me. The next thing I know, we were rocking back and forth. I closed my eyes, feeling the out-of-control beating of my own heart.

"Now this is the best way to spend my birthday." He whispered, loud enough for me to hear despite the booming sound system.

I was about to respond when I heard someone yell. I looked around but no one seemed to hear her since everyone was intoxicated and foolishly dancing the night away.

"Don't!" Harry stopped me from turning my back. I didn't get it at first so I disobeyed him.

There I saw Niall, my boyfriend, hugging Zoe, his ex-girlfriend. They both had icings on their faces. He was tickling her and she was laughing so hard that they both fell on the floor. Before I even processed what I'm seeing, their eyes closed and their lips touched. I was expecting him to push her away and realize I'm right here, his girlfriend, standing a few meters away. But he didn't. He was enjoying it. They were enjoying it.

My knees were shaking and my body felt weak. I released Harry's hold and started walking away.

"Where are you going?" He asks while following me as I proceed to get my bag.

"Back to the hotel." My voice croaked at my last word. I bit the inside of my cheek, trying to hold back my tears.

He took my bag from me even if I didn't want him to. I was just too weak to deny the offer. "I'll come with you." He insists.

"No. Stay here. This is your party."

"I don't care. My best friend needs me."

There was another burn in my chest. Best friend. Is that all I ever be?

I nodded and we both proceeded to the back exit to get his car. He drove slower this time until we reached our hotel. Our room was silent when we arrived, obviously because it was empty, except for the two of us. I got to my room and plopped down on my bed. I started crying, my head buried between the pillows.

Someone took hold of my hand and helped me sit up. His back was rested against the head board, while mine was against his sturdy chest. I felt so comfortable. Appreciated. Satisfied. Complete. Harry's the only person in the world that could make me feel this way.

"Hush now, Bab." He tells me in between my sobs and sniffs. "Everything's going to be alright."

"Sorry I made you wet." I apologized, wiping my tears with my own shirt.

"It's fine. Want me to make you wet too?"

"What?!" I yelled at him, spatting his arm. "Ew Harry!"

"I'm joking! I was just trying to lighten up the mood." He confessed. Minutes ago I was crying my heart out and right now my stomach's aching of laughter.

I calmed my breathing before replying. "You are disgusting."

"At least I'm not a jerk." He snaps. Then the familiar burn in my chest that I felt awhile ago came back.

I never thought Niall would do something like that. That was the problem. I assumed he wouldn't do something like that.

"I'm sorry- I didn't mean to-" Harry's raspy voice sends chills down my spine. His arms envelopes me for a hug as the tears once again spill from my eyes. "You don't deserve to be hurt like that.."

I groaned when he released his embrace that he had to wrap me in his arms again. "I knew Niall would hurt you again. Damn it."

"You did?"

"Yes. And I can't believe I let him."

"No you didn't. I did." My voice was low, brought about by my sniffing.

His large hand cupped my chin as he lifted my face for me to be able to look at him. "Listen, none of this is your fault. If he really loves you, he would've been understanding.."

Understanding about what?

"..he would've trusted you.."

What is he talking about trust?

"..he would've not hurt you all over again."

I was lost. " What do you mean?"

"He should have understood that the only reason you care for me is because I'm your best friend.."

No Harry. It's more than that.

"..and he should have trusted you knowing that's all I'll ever be.."

Believe me, I wished we were something more.

"..and he should have not found someone else. If I was him, I wouldn't do anything to hurt you. Though I know I have before. Many times. But If I was him, I would give the world to you. Treat you the way you're supposed to be treated. Well in my case, more than a best friend- more than what we are now."

I was struck by his words and my chest sinks in. It's what I have been desperate to hear from him. Before I could even speak, I felt his lips on mine. It felt so good. It unlocked the butterflies in my stomach, making all the fireworks explode. I needed this. I needed my best friend. I needed Harry.

Our kiss was gentle and careful. He licked my bottom lip and I couldn't help but respond by opening my lips so he could gain entrance. Our tongues moved in sync and I groaned when he pulled away.

"Abbie.. I.." He tried to speak while catching his breath. I stopped him by kissing him again.

I reached for his neck and he pulled me by my waist, bringing me to sit on top of him. As his parted lips met mine, I started to feel breathless in a fascinating way. His hands reached for the bottom of my shirt and I allowed him to pull it off me, trying not to withdraw from our kiss. His cold hands moved from my neck, down to the center, then my abdomen. Goosebumps rolled over my body at the feeling of his touch.

He paused for a minute, making me feel insecure. "What's wrong?" I asked nervously.

"Nothing. I just wanted to say you are so beautiful." He admitted. Blood rushed to my cheeks and I saw him unbutton his checkered polo before taking it off, revealing his tanned skin and abs that perfectly lined up on his body. His butterfly tattoo attracted me most that I just had to trace it gently with my fingers. I felt something bulge below me, creating this sensation that forced my lips to reconnect with his again.

My hands reached for the buckle of his pants and he helped me by zipping it down. He stood up, with lips still attached to mine. I was now kneeling on the bed and his hands were holding me on the waist. As soon as he is left with his black boxers now, he pushed himself against me, making the two of us fall back to bed, him being on top.

His bottom started grinding against mine, making me moan as I tug his hair. He pulled my skirt down, leaving me now in my under garments. I didn't mind whether my purple bra didn't match my pink underwear. All I knew was I needed more of this. I am desperate not because I was hurt. But because I've been longing to feel Harry's touch. I know I've loved him more than a best friend.

Stop. You have to stop. My subconscious tells me. He's not yours. You have a boyfriend. He's not going to be my boyfriend anymore.

"Are you sure?" Harry asks me as we are now clothe-less, lying on the mattress. I know, I'm still a virgin. But if there's anyone whom I want to take it away, that would be him. And so I nodded. I saw him open the drawer beside the bed, taking this foil wrapper out. Oh right. Protection.

"How'd you know there's one in there?" I idiotically asked.

"All hotel rooms have one." He replied with a smirk.

"Can you order some vodka too?" I requested, referring to room service.

"Later." He tells me, ripping the wrapper.

"Please?" I tease. He kissed my stomach and immediately dialed on the phone.

"Yes, 2 vodkas please? Extra strong." He growls and I laugh. "Now where were we?"

I helped him put the thing on and I admit that I was very nervous. This is going to hurt. I know it will. I can't hide my embarrassment as I know how difficult this would be for him since I'm new at this stuff.

"Don't worry. I'll be gentle." He assures.

The next thing I know, he was moving inside of me. It was painful at first, but as the way goes smoothly, there's nothing I could feel but total satisfaction and pleasure.

We lay side by side, both of us trying to catch our breath. I don't know what to say. I can't believe I just did it. I broke my not-doing-it-til-im-married rule-

"Please tell me you don't regret doing this." Harry says, his voice raspier than ever.

"I don't."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

There was a knock on the door and Harry took a towel to wrap below his body. He passed by the trash can and threw the used protection. Moments later, he got back in our room with a pitcher and two glasses. He stood there, observing my naked body as I try to move and forget the pain I'm feeling. I pulled the covers up before I sit up straight, my back against the headboard.

"Now you're insecure?" He half laughs, sitting beside me.

"No." I lied, laughing along.

(Harry's POV)

She was mostly the one who finished the pitcher of vodka. She really is devastated with this isn't she? But I believe her when she said that she doesn't and wouldn't regret this.

Next thing I knew, she was laughing uncontrollably. She's drunk. And I'm not. Her hands reached for my bottom and I cringed with her touching my length. Her touch was the most different of all the other girls I've slept it. She's the only person that gave me total satisfaction and I wouldn't do this again if it's not her.

"C'mon Harry.." She slurs, moving to sit on top of me again.

I don't want to take advantage of her. She's drunk. But she's also too irresistible. I love her. I love her so much. I won't let Niall hurt her again. She'll be mine. Soon enough.

"Wait. How are you going to deal with Niall?" I ask her, expecting her to understand though she's intoxicated.

"I'll talk to him tomorrow." She swears, pulling my body to hers.

Does that mean tomorrow, she'll be mine? She's going to break up with Niall. She's going to tell him I'm the one she loves. Not him.

Tomorrow, things will be right where they should be.

And for the second time in one night, we have done it again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

441 16 12
Jasmine and her friend Riley head over to London for the summer. They don't expect what happens to them as reality. Jasmine falls in love with a guy...
6.6K 63 66
It's those moments in secret that define who you are. And it was those moments that made her walk away from him.
906K 14K 55
When two different worlds collide..
191K 4.7K 37
Kaylieh just wants to spend another summer with her mom, but she meets up with her old friend, Harry. Her world is turned upside down when they both...