The Friendly Reality (Harry S...

By aabbhhiiee

A guy and a girl can be just friends, but at one point or another, they will fall for each other.. Maybe temp... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Arrival
Chapter 2: Meeting Her
Chapter 3: Hang Out
Chapter 4: Bestfriends
Chapter 5: The Audition
Chapter 6: Adjustment Period
Chapter 7: Meeting the Boys
Chapter 8: Busy Schedule
Chapter 9: Harry's Issues
Chapter 10: Unbelievable
Chapter 11: Me & Her
Chapter 12: Mood Swing
Chapter 13: The Reveal
Chapter 14: Still Trying
Author's Note
UPDATE!!
Chapter 15: The Wedding
Chapter 16: Stargazing
Chapter 17: Months Ago (A Flashback Chapter)
Chapter 18: Back With the Boys
Chapter 19: Damn It (A Flashback Chapter)
Chapter 20: Girl's Night Out
Chapter 21: It's Still You
Chapter 22: Please Understand (A Flashback Chapter)
Chapter 23: Adventure Time
Chapter 24: A Time For Us
Chapter 25: Everything has Changed
Chapter 26: Much Better
Chapter 28: I Don't Regret It
Chapter 29: Clear Things Out
Chapter 30: Misconception
Chapter 31: Climax
Chapter 32: The Moment I Knew
Author's Note
Chapter 33: Finally
Chapter 34: Just Go With It
Chapter 35: One Step Closer
Epilogue

Chapter 27: Preparations

516 19 1
By aabbhhiiee

Chapter 27:

Preparations

(Abbie's POV)

Seriously, these boys are getting on my nerves. It was weird seeing all of them exchange death glares when Niall and Harry said the same thing. It's really not a big deal but it seems like to them it is. That's why I just had to leave them there.

"Abbie, wait-"

I didn't look back and continued walking barefoot back to my room. I was about to close the door behind me when a shoe stopped it.

"Harry. I need to rest.." I sighed. Wait, Harry was wearing slippers when I saw him in the kitchen. Oh shit not again.

"I'm sorry Niall. I thought-"

"It's fine. Can we talk?" I nodded and gestured him to enter. He was fighting to put a smile on his face and it was making me feel worried. I myself was a bit disappointed. I couldn't believe I was expecting someone else.

My legs stretched out as I sit on the bed with my back against the head board. "Yeah?"

"I'm sorry. I didn't know you were allergic to shrimps. I mean you never told me.." He was breathing heavily as he tries to fit in the right words. "I ruined the damn moment and I am so sorry-"

"You already said sorry."

"I'm sor- but ugh. It's true though. I really am."

"It's no big deal Nialler. I'm fine." I assured him, pulling myself a pillow to hug. "Give me some time to go back to sleep?"

"Yes, yes of course. I love you." He says before proceeding to the door.

"Mhhm." I hummed, drifting to sleep.

*****

(Harry's POV)

"Abbie-wait!" I speak up, not wanting her to go yet. But she ignored me.

"Harry." Niall said, stopping me from following her. "It's my turn now."

I felt this sudden burn in my chest. How many times do I fuckin have to remind myself Niall is her dumb arse boyfriend? On the other hand, I'm her stupid arse best friend who just wishes her to be mine and I to be hers. Niall followed his girl to her room and I looked away knowing she'd let him enter.

"So.." I heard Louis say. "That was quite a scene, ey?"

"I can't stand seeing Niall hurt her all over again."

"But this one was just an accident."

"I know. But still. I have a gut feeling he'll do it again soon enough."

"You couldn't possibly be so sure-"

"I am sure. Look how he rarely makes time for her. I'm the one who's here for her all the time. I should know."

"So you're inlove with her still?" Niall asks, surprising us. I didn't notice he already left her room. "All this time?"

Should I tell the truth? Or should I keep pretending I'm just being like this because I'm her bestfriend? Or should I just say I'm being protective of her because her family trusts me enough to make her stay with us? Or should I really just tell the truth? Either ways will make things complicated anyway.

"I never stopped loving her Niall. Yes, all this time." I admitted.

He didn't seem to be shocked at all. Instead, he puts a weak smile on his face. "She does too."

"What do you mean?"

"She never stopped loving you too. All this time." His voice was plain and you can barely hear what his actual emotion is.

I brushed my fingers through my curls, confused on what he's talking about. "How can you think that? She's definitely heads over heels on you."

"It's not what I think. It's what i know."

"What you know is wrong. She loves you, more than how she loves me."

At this point, my heart was starting to calm. I was awkwardly standing in the living room, in front of Niall who i know seemed uncomfortable too.

"Don't be dumb Harry. You're her best bud."

"And you're her boyfriend."

"That's the point, Haz. Time will come, this will all end soon. Things will be right where they should be." With that, he exited the front door, leaving me with Louis.

"Louis?" I looked around, finding him nowhere. Okay so I guess he left me too. Water. I need water. I got to the kitchen, expecting Liam to still be there.

"Harry." Louis turned around and looked at me like he was expecting me. "Still want to talk?"

"Hello boo bear." I sat on one of the stools and buried my head in my arms on the counter. "I was thinking about what Niall said."

"Which part? The one where he emphasized he's the boyfriend?" He wiggled his eyebrows and I shot him a death glare. "Just sayin!" He defended.

"How this would end soon.."

"I'm lost?"

"This.." My fingers pointed to the things around us. "..the band... our band."

Louis sat beside me, his elbows bumping into mine. "It's not too soon."

"We barely have eight months before the contract ends." My tears were battling not to fall down. "Eight months." I repeated.

"That's enough for us to make the best of all things." He stated strongly. "I know there's somebody out there who would want to take us back."

"That's not the only thing I'm worried about. No one knows our contract will end soon. Management would find a way to present a different story. You know how they are.."

"A bunch of liars and freaks. Yeah, I guess I know how they are."

We laughed a bit before I continued. "What if they would use Abbie? What if they would announce she's the reason why the band is breaking up?"

Louis tapped his fingers on the table, creating an annoying sound that i just had to spat it. "Ow-"

"You're destroying our intimate moment!" I joked, running my fingers on his biceps.

"Sorry babe." This is the thing I love most about Louis. How we talk about something serious, and then make a joke about it. "But seriously, you can't just rely on what ifs."

"They've done it before. Remember? With Dani and Liam?"

Louis' lips formed an ooh shape. "What do you propose to do?"

I was silent for a moment, trying to think about it. I have this decision running through my mind for the past few months but I'm still not sure about it. I don't even know if it's a good idea or not. All I know is that if I do it, Abbie will be out of the mess that was about to come. I will become a threat to the management.

"I'm quitting the band."

"You're what?!" He practically screamed that I had to cover his mouth to shut him up. "Are you nuts?!"

"I'm not!" I whispered loudly. "Management can't take the blame on Abbie. Whatever their plan is in 8 months, they won't be able to push through with it."

"No, no..." He stood up from his seat, pacing back and forth behind me. "You're not thinking Haz. Management will conclude you're quitting because of her. It will be the same thing!"

"It won't be. I know them too well. I'll be a threat. They know what I can spill and they'll leave her alone."

"What about the band?"

"We'll still be a band." My voice was trying to be comforting as possible. "Listen, if I quit early, they'd be forced to tell what's going on. That our contract is coming to an end. Then someone would want to take us back. No one will be hurt."

"That's a stupid idea mate!"

"I wouldn't call it stupid if you'd do the same with Eleanor." My words hit him and he stopped pacing back and forth. Louis would do anything for his girl and I want to do the same thing with Abbie.

He took in a deep breath, "You know I would."

"Yeah because you love her. And I love Abbie." Pure seriousness is what I showed him, in the hope that he understands.

He does. "Just think about it for the meantime. Talk to Simon. He's good at these things and how he supports our decisions."

I nodded. "Enough of this gooey moment! Eleanor has probably noticed by now that you're not in bed this late."

"Puh-lease. Have you heard her snore? Sad how I always get the blame." He laughed, skipping his way back to their room.

*****

(Abbie's POV)

Oh shit. It's Harry's birthday.

I woke up alone in bed. Niall didn't probably bother to sleep with me last night, making me wonder why. I took a quick shower and wore some shorts and Niall's Miami Heat jersey over my sports bra. I've been with the guys for almost five years now so anyone's outfit doesn't make a big deal.

"Hey.." I heard a deep voice by the kitchen counter as I got out of my room. "..good morning to you." Harry was in a buttoned down checkered polo and his cross pendant dangled just in front of his exposed chest. God he looks hot.

I quickly ran and practically jumped on his back. "Happy birthay Hazzaaa!!!"

His large hand moved to cover my mouth. "Hush Bab. They're still sleeping."

"Who?"

"The boys." He whispered loudly, rolling his eyes. "Especially him." He pointed a finger to the living room and there I saw Niall lying innocently on the big leather sofa. Ohh so that's where he is. Harry stood up, making me release the lock of my arms on his neck.

"I'm going shopping. Wanna come?" He asked, taking one last bite of the french toast he made for himself.

"I can't.."

"You've got to be joking?"

"I'm not. I have to submit all my requirements by this week so I can finalize my transcript."

He let out a sigh. "I can't believe I'll be spending my birthday alone."

"No you're not!" His eyes lit up at my words. "I'll make it up to you. Meet me for dinner tonight?"

"Where?"

"Nando's?"

"No please.." He isn't really fond of Nando's since he's beginning to eat healthy now, avoiding all the carbs. "Funky Buddha instead?" He insisted.

"I knew you'd say that!"

Harry gave me a kiss on the head before leaving and promised to meet me at the restaurant by 7 pm. Well that's enough time for me to finalize everything.

"Niall.." I gently blew his dirty blonde hair off his eyes as I shook him gently. "..wake up babe." He opened his eyes after some time and gave me a small smile. A different smile. Not like before.

"What time is it?" He asked, clearing his voice and slowly sitting up. "Is Hazza here?"

"It's 11." I replied. "And he already left to go shopping."

"Oh." Niall doesn't seem to be in the mood today. He avoided eye contact and didn't kiss the back of my ear like he usually does every after he wakes up. He didn't scream good morning at my face and didn't ask what's for breakfast or lunch. He's just different.

I decided to put away all these thoughts and continued on what's suppose to happen today. "Let's grab some brunch so we can be early at the venue. You take a shower while I wake the gals up."

He nodded and went to our room without saying another word. Seriously, is this lad possesed or something?

First I woke Louis and Eleanor up, getting hit with a pillow in return. Then came Zayn and Perrie who were already awake when I got in. Lastly was Liam and I saw this brunette lying in bed with him. No she wasn't Danielle.

"Uhh.. Liam?" I muttered, waking the girl up. She had dark bags under her eye and her eye liner smudged up to her cheeks, scaring me a bit.

Her hands reached to mess Liam's head as she spoke. "Babe, wake up."

Did I just hear her say that?

"Mhmm.." Liam replied, not moving.

"That girl you're telling me about, you know, the girl Harry and Niall are both inlove with.." She tried her best to whisper what she said but didn't succeed. I heard it fully and clearly.

He shook his shoulder, making her remove her hand. "What about her?"

"She's standing by the door." With that, Liam sprung up, dropping the sheets to reveal his topless body and his neatly shaped abs. Gosh these boys are growing up so damn quick! No-wait. The girl- she's also topless?!

"Abbie.." I knew he's about to explain. "..this is Sophia." He seemed to be out of words as he faced me with my interrogative look.

Just as I was about to ask why is she here and why is she sleeping on one bed with Liam, naked, her simple sentence put a steel knife in my windpipe. "I'm his girlfriend."

"Girl friend?" I asked lost and confused. Liam had no reaction but a straight face.

What about Danielle? I thought he loved her! I mean c'mon. PayZer should be the ones in this room with me. Not Sophiam. I mean I don't even know her or where she's from! Where did Payne get her anyway?

"Yeah. Girlfriend. I used to be his school mate." Her tone was between mean and pissed. Maybe she doesn't want me intruding their privacy? Damn I despise her already.

"Really? I thought no one attended Liam's birthday, not even his school mates." I blurted out.

"Abbie.." Liam was trying to stop me and he shot me a please-don't-start-it glare. Sophia was giving me a killer stare too. Bitch please.

"We'll be having brunch in a while before we proceed to Funky Buddha." I said instead, than continue stabbing knives to this poor lass. I can't believe Liam would be with that kind of girl. She and Danielle are just too different, but you could see their resemblance in the color of their hair and the shape of their eyes. Maybe that's the only thing Liam saw in her.

After about two hours of dressing up, including me, we left the hotel and went to the mall to grab some brunch. There were about 12 of us who were together, four couples plus 4 body guards. The fans are super dedicated that they knew where to find us so we had to have extra security and spent three more hours than we were supposed to before we went straight to the restaurant.

"I never liked her too you know." Eleanor whispered after I told her the incident this morning.

"They probably won't be together tomorrow anyway." I stated, brushing my hair infront of the mirror in the bathroom.

Perrie got out of the cubicle and stood beside me to help tie my pony tail. "I don't think so. They've been secretly seeing each other for two months now."

What?!

"Yeah and she's like heads over heels with him." Eleanor added.

"And obviously Liam isn't. Does Danielle know?" I asked, trying to cope up with the news.

"No." They said in chorus.

"But she will be there tonight, and she will eventually find out." I answered. Danielle still loves Liam. I know that because she's been open to us about it. Liam still loves Danielle too. He's just too filled up to even realize it.

Eleanor brought out her phone and asked us to pose so she can snap our reflection as we continued on the topic "Liam wants to go public with it."

"Is he even sure about this?" I questioned.

"Yeah. He talked to Louis about it."

"And?"

"I don't know. I haven't asked much yet."

We got outside and saw the crew running here and there. We were already in Funky Buddha and barely have about an hour before Harry arrives.

"We need more time. We're having technical difficulties with the lighting." A crew tirelessly told me. The neon lights were the most important part of the surprise. It would be Harry's trail that leads to that perfect spot.

Just as I was about to answer him, I heard Zayn curse under his breath. "Damn it! Abbie!!"

"What happened?" I looked up and saw the entire decor of greeting collapse. The pins weren't able to hold them up. "What the.."

Louis' hand tapped me on the back. "We certainly need more time."

"Twitter?" Liam suggests.

I didn't want to agree at first since I know how sneaky Harry could get and the surprise would be blown off. "Wait. I'll call him first."

We waited patiently for Harry to pick up his phone. Gladly, he did after a few rings.

"Bab?"

"Hey Haz. Where are you?"

"Still shopping. Wait please don't tell me you're in Funky Buddha already?"

"I'm not." I lied. "What time will you be there?"

"In a while. Still can't decide which shoes to pick.." He paused after we heard this low battery notification. "Fuck. My phone will be dead-" And he was gone.

"Twitter?" Liam asked again. Thinking about it, Harry's phone is dead. I'm using his spare phone so basically, he can't go online.

I agreed. "Hurry."

Everyone took out their phones and started tweeting with hashtag "HarryBdayEmergency".

@zaynmalik: Hey guys. Harry's in the Nike store down town. xx #HarryBdayEmergency

@Real_Liam_Payne: Ladies and gentlemen, can you do us a favor? Read @Louis_Tomlinson 's tweet. x #HarryBdayEmergency

@Louis_Tomlinson: So wer throwin ds suprise party for Haz. But we need more time. He'll b here in a while so.. @AbbieGReyes #HarryBdayEmergency

@AbbieGReyes: ..can you guys maybe create a scene to delay him for a while? xx #HarryBdayEmergency

@LittleMixOffic: We'll tweet you if we're all set. Pretty pleeease -Perrie <3 #HarryBdayEmergency

It was good to see positive responses from everyone that we were all pushed to get on with fixing what needs to be done.

"Niall tweet too, please?" I begged after seeing him just sitting there, observing us.

"Why?" His tone was flat and I'm starting to think he'd throw his jealousy at my face. "You guys already did so mine won't make much of a difference."

"God Niall! Stop acting so childish!" I raised my voice at him, expecting a change in his reaction. But nothing happened.

"Fine." was all he muttered.

@NiallOfficial: Wish I was somewhere else...

I brushed my fingers through my hair as I try not to yell at him for seriously not helping. "Thanks alot." I stated, sarcasm clear in my voice.

We were almost ready when the rest of the guests arrived. Aunt Lisa, Uncle Edgar, Marnie isn't with them since he was busy in high school nor Flo who was underaged to join us. Harry's parents were now here too, even Uncle Des. Gemma brought her boyfriend with her and Zayn's sisters followed from behind. The girls of Little Mix were here, Liam's sisters, Harry's cousins and 5SOS too. The rest of the crew members and the producers from SyCo came too, looking all different without their coats and ties. Louis, together with Zayn and Liam, did their best to entertain everyone and explain the mechanics of the surprise.

So today is Harry's 21st birthday. This is going to be a big celebration since this is the day when the youngest member of One Direction won't be a teenager anymore.

I felt someone grab my feet as I stood on a ladder, trying to hook back the large banner that said Happy Birthday Harry! Love; Everyone.

"Abbie." Aunt Anne's voice croaked as she said my name. I slowly got down the moment I finished.

"Hey Aunt Anne!" I gave her a kiss on the cheek and she sweetly accepted it by giving me one too. "Sorry if this is making you feel boring and it hasn't even started yet."

She giggled and pinched my nose, "What are you talking about? I'm getting too excited.." I don't know what happened but her smile suddenly turned upside down and she tried holding back her tears.

"Uhh- Aunt Anne.. Are you alright?" I asked comfortingly. She nodded wiping the tears that were now smudging her eye liner. "I'll buy you some water proof make up next time." I joked, lighting up her mood.

"It's just that- time is passing by so quickly.." She held my hands as she took in deep breaths. "..it seems like only yesterday when I was changing his diapers or when we were together to support him on his audition."

I sighed realizing what she actually meant. "And now he's not a teenager anymore and he can practically do anything he wants." I added. She sniffed and cried some more. Oh shit. "Sorry.. I didn't mean to-"

"It's fine sweetie. I just like to say thank you." Her emotions were pouring out in her words.

"For what?"

"For coming into our lives."

I couldn't reply and I felt my stomach turn upside down, creating an internal force that wanted tears to fall down from my eyes too.

"I don't think everyone would have come this far if it wasn't for you. You were there right from the start and I thank God all the time for being one of the persons to make my baby turn out the way he is today."

"Uhh.. It's nothing actually. I should be the one thanking you. For raising such a wonderful son who I'm proud to call my best friend." We exchanged warm hugs before we joined the rest of the guests.

So... Harry is turning 21 now. Aside from the fact that he dresses like a 40 year old, has a body of a 30 year old, acts like a 7 year old, and-

"Has legs like an 18 year old Victoria's Secret model." Louis spoke up. Damn I didn't realize I said that out loud! Embarrassed. I am super duper embarrassed that I shot Louis a death glare and everyone laughed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191K 4.7K 37
Kaylieh just wants to spend another summer with her mom, but she meets up with her old friend, Harry. Her world is turned upside down when they both...
2.4K 177 24
Those fantasies you always dream of the boys. Short, long, cute. and sad stories(imagines) ❤❤
125K 3.3K 42
Some of us just need to find our other halves. Others need to find ourselves.
840K 11.3K 33
What happens when you fall in love with your best friend? Not only best friend, but also band mate. Will Liam Payne finally get his chance with Loui...