The Friendly Reality (Harry S...

By aabbhhiiee

A guy and a girl can be just friends, but at one point or another, they will fall for each other.. Maybe temp... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Arrival
Chapter 2: Meeting Her
Chapter 3: Hang Out
Chapter 4: Bestfriends
Chapter 5: The Audition
Chapter 6: Adjustment Period
Chapter 7: Meeting the Boys
Chapter 8: Busy Schedule
Chapter 9: Harry's Issues
Chapter 10: Unbelievable
Chapter 11: Me & Her
Chapter 12: Mood Swing
Chapter 13: The Reveal
Chapter 14: Still Trying
Author's Note
UPDATE!!
Chapter 15: The Wedding
Chapter 16: Stargazing
Chapter 17: Months Ago (A Flashback Chapter)
Chapter 18: Back With the Boys
Chapter 19: Damn It (A Flashback Chapter)
Chapter 20: Girl's Night Out
Chapter 21: It's Still You
Chapter 22: Please Understand (A Flashback Chapter)
Chapter 23: Adventure Time
Chapter 25: Everything has Changed
Chapter 26: Much Better
Chapter 27: Preparations
Chapter 28: I Don't Regret It
Chapter 29: Clear Things Out
Chapter 30: Misconception
Chapter 31: Climax
Chapter 32: The Moment I Knew
Author's Note
Chapter 33: Finally
Chapter 34: Just Go With It
Chapter 35: One Step Closer
Epilogue

Chapter 24: A Time For Us

531 16 0
By aabbhhiiee

Chapter 24:

A Time For Us

(Abbie's POV)

Tun.. tun tun.. ohwoah.. tun.. tun tun.. oh woah.. tun.. tuntun.. ohwoah oh yeah.. I know you want me, I know you care. Just shout whenever, and I'll be there..

"Harry..." I sighed, not wanting to open my eyes.

.. you want my heart, you want my love, and we will never ever ever be apart..

"Harry pleeaase.. It's too early.." I tried covering my ears with the pillow on my head but it seems like no use.

..are we an item? Girl quit playing. We're just friends, what are you sayin..

"If you don't shut that alarm, I'm going to kill you early in the morning.."

..see there's another look right in my eye, my first love broke my heart for the first time..

"You're not even a justin bieber fan!" The music stopped. Finally! I turned my back to check on the person beside me and give him an early morning death glare. To my surprise, it wasn't Harry.

"And I was like baby baby baby oooh!!"

"Stop it, Niall!" I laughed histerically at him as I covered his mouth.

He laughed too, his early morning breath mixing with mine. "Good morning, princess."

I buried my head in his chest, "Morning."

"You know what made this morning even better?"

"Waking up hearing Justin Bieber?"

"Well aside from that."

"No way!" I laughed again, realizing my joke was partly true. "But seriously, what?"

His hands brushed through my hair as he spoke, "Seeing the love of my life beside me the moment I wake up."

Butterflies, dragonflies, fireflies in my stomach. Argh he's giving me goosebumps all over my body again and I certainly can't stop smiling. Well this is unusual. Or maybe it's just because I missed how he would always do that to me.

"Sometimes I just have to look at your smile and I know life's worth it." He added.

"One more and I'm gonna kick you out of this room."

"What did I do? It's true!"

I started singing, "You're my kryptonite.. you keep making me weak, frozen and can't breathe."

He grinned as he wrapped an arm around me, "You should sing more often. Your voice is really good."

No offense but I doubted him. "You could just tell the truth you know. Harry always does. So I'm used to it."

"What does he usually say?"

"That the next time I sing, an island would be submerged under water because of the storm I just created and that I'd rather play the piano."

"Typical Harry Styles." We laughed it off until we came to our senses to fix ourselves up so we won't be late for our flight.

I was going back to Cheshire since I volunteered to help Barbara while I haven't received my acceptance letter from college yet. The boys will be back on tour and lucky for Eleanor, she's coming along with them. Perrie and Dani will be back to their own schedules too.

"Hello Paul?" Harry's voice was calm and sweet as he answered his phone. We were on our way to the airport.

"He sends his regards." He said, referring to me.

"Wait, really?!" This time his eyes widened and he was looking straight at me. "I love you Paul!" Then he dropped the call.

"Did he agree?" Niall asked.

"To what?" I questioned, confused.

Harry stared at me for a while, his lips slowly stretching to form a weird smile.

"What??" I asked again since no one answered me.

"You.." He paused for a minute, creating some thrill in the moment. "..are going with us on tour!!!"

"Really?!" I screamed feeling over joyed.

"Yeah! Paul got your tickets ready and we are gonna have more time together!!" Wow, I've never seen Harry this much happy before. His curls were bouncing on his head as he continued speaking. "This is gonna be the best tour ever!"

"Wait what about Barbara?"

"I'll tell Gemma to cover your shifts!"

I shook my head, "She won't approve to that!"

Harry wiggled his eyebrows, "Black mails usually work especially between my sister and I."

Eleanor took hold of my hand, "C'mon babe. It's gonna be just like before!"

"Easy for you to say." Perrie and Danielle said in sync. I guess it wouldn't be just like before since the gals won't be complete.

"What do you say?" Niall puts a hand on my thigh, which I gently shoved away.

"Uhh.." There was complete silence in the car. "Fine!"

"Yes!!!" The boys plus Eleanor exclaimed. The two other ladies were a bit sad and wished they could be with us.

Zayn had his fingers intertwined with Perrie's, "Don't worry babe. I'll be seeing you every night." It was a whisper but since his voice was deep, I could hear it cleary. Damn was he so sweet!

"You okay?" Liam asked Dani who was sitted accross him, looking blankly at the window.

She showed him a weak smile, "Perfect."

*****

We were in the Mexico arena early in the morning for the boys to have their sound check. To be honest we were all tired and jetlag is hitting on us. Zayn even had to lie on the couch for a while and skip the session just so he can regain some energy.

Liam and I walked our way together to tour the center stage.

"This stadium.." He began to speak, scanning the area. "..is so huge!!"

"Kind of creepy too. I can't hear any fans screaming!" I joked. This place was indeed super big and wide that it could hold more than 200 000 people!

"What happened, Liam?" I popped, breaking our silence.

"What?" He asked, avoiding eye contact.

"You know what I'm talking about."

He was silent for a moment, until he let out a sigh. "Management wanted to break her apart.. destroy her. The fans went crazy and all, affecting me as well."

"What did you do?"

"I wanted to protect her. I needed to protect her. But Abbie, believe me, I never wanted to hurt her." This was the time when I regretted asking him the question. His eyes showed me signs of weakness, that maybe at some point, he would break down and cry.

"I'm so sor-"

"Aaabbbbiieee!!!" Someone hugged me from behind, lifting me off the ground. As soon as I got myself back on earth, I turned around curious to see who did it.

"Josh!!" I hugged him back. "What's up Mr. Devine? Looking good, ey?"

Since Josh and Niall would always hang out all the time, I was also given a chance to get to know him better. Aside from the fact that he is the drummer of the most phenomenal boy band on the planet.

"It's been a year and you too don't look bad yourself." He gave me a handsome smirk. "How are you and Niall?"

"Going strong as ever!" Niall replied while his mouth was full of cheesecake. Blueberry if I'm not mistaken, since he held the other half of it in his hand.

"Football!!" This got to be Louis. I turned around to his voice and found him kicking some football ball around. Niall ran to him and so did the rest of the boys. Liam was all of a sudden energetic. This guy is so strong that he could keep his feelings hidden.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Wanna join?" Harry asks, jumping up and down, preparing to battle against the mighty Louis Tomlinson.

"That's a boy's game Haz! Go enjoy!" I insisted, pushing him a bit so he can go ahead. "Oh and Harry-"

He looked at me with both eyebrows raised, "Yeah?"

"Go easy on Niall." He laughed and ran away.

It was around 6pm when the stadium started to get filled up. Eleanor and I were hanging out backstage while the boys had their hairs done. As soon as they were finished, they put on their mics and got on the stage.

After performing about 6 songs, the boys had a three minute break to take some energy in their system. Niall gave me his phone for safe keeping, until it vibrated.

Modest.

I quickly handed it to him and he puts it on loud speaker for the both of us to hear.

"Hello?"

"Mr.Horan, we have a problem."

"What is it?"

"Rumors are breaking that you're back with Miss Reyes?"

I stared at him, scared that management would do the same thing they wanted to do with Danielle and Liam.

"Rumors are rumors for some reason." Niall answered calmly.

"Good. I don't want you confirming it, alright? Well not yet."

"Ok." was all he replied. He ended the call and gave me back his phone. The rest of the lads were already on stage ready to perform their next song.

"Go now!" I instructed, fixing his hair a bit. "They're waiting."

"Remember that night when I tried to call you six times and I didn't know you were in Biology class?" He suddenly asks, taking a grip of my hand.

"I don't want to remem-"

He put a finger on my lips, shutting me up. "I called because I wanted you to be the first to hear it. I was so inspired by you. But it never happened. So I wanted to take this opportunity."

I laughed,"Nialler I don't know what you're talking about."

Some guy handed him his guitar and turned on his mic. I kept silent since I knew if I started speaking, the entire stadium would hear it.

But Niall still spoke even if he isn't on stage yet. "Our next song is actually my favorite. It was inspired by the only girl I ever loved in my life.."

"Niall.. noooo" I mouthed. Damn, management is going to get me!

"I know I made a mistake about denying her infront of the world. So it's time for me to make it up to her.."

"What about modest?" I asked in my lowest voice.

He moved the mic away from his lips as he whispered, "Fuck management."

I grinned seeing him walk back to the stage and rejoined the rest of the boys. They started singing and this song, was now also my favorite.

Zayn: Can't believe you're packing your bags trying so hard not to cry. Had the best time, now it's the worst time but we have to say goodbye.

Harry: Dont promise that you're gonna write, don't promise that you'll call. Just promise me you won't forget we had it all.

Niall: You were mine for the summer, now I know it's nearly over. Feels like snow in September, but I always will remember you were my-y summer love. You always will be my-y summer love.

Louis: wish that we could be alone now if we could find some place to hide. Make the last time just like the first time, push a button and rewind.

Harry: Don't say the words that's on your lips, don't look at me that way. Just promise you'll remember when the sky is gray.

Niall: That you were mine for the summer, now I know it's nearly over. Feels like snow in September, but I always will remember you were my-y summer love. You always will be my-y summer love.

Zayn: So please don't make this any harder, we can't take this any longer but I know there's nothing I wanna change.. change.

Niall: You were mine for the summer, now I know it's nearly over. Feels like snow in September, but I always will remember...

All: You were my-y summer love. You always will be my-y summer love.

"Niall is so talented." Eleanor tells me as we listened back stage. "And I'm glad to see you happy again."

"First of all, they all are." I replied. "And second of all, it's not just because of Niall. It's because of those five lads over there.." I pointed to the boys who were now giving each other a head lock."..and you girls."

Eleanor pretended to get teary-eyed before hugging me. We laughed and released our embrace after realizing we were too cheesy.

*****

(Harry's POV)

Well.. It seems like my plans of making up to my best friend is working. Louis adviced me to stay with her and be the typical guy she could count on- and that's what I'm doing.

It's been a month that we were on the road. Eleanor is back home to finish her last few days in college, while Abbie is still with us, kind of excited to know her results for the University of Manchester...

Until that long awaited day finally came.

"Harry!!!!" I heard a scream while I was brushing my teeth and we all ran to Abbie who was in the suite's living room, thinking that something might have happened to her.

"What is it?!" I asked, my heart hammering through my chest and toothpaste dripping down my white shirt. "You alright??"

She stood up from her seat and turned her back from the laptop that was placed on the center table. "It's here!!" My heart started to calm down, seeing her all safe and sound.

Zayn was beside me, looking at the mirror he seemed to have held for the past minute. "What did it say?" He questioned,finally putting the piece of glass down.

Abbie crossed her legs, almost losing her balance but good thing Liam was there and was able to hold her before she completely falls. "I don't know.. I haven't opened it yet!"

Louis rolled his eyes, "Do you need carrots to read it? I told you to eat lots of it but look at you now! You can't read bec-"

"I had enough carrots, Lou!" She cut him off, sounding nervous and scared at the same time. "Harry, could you read it for me instead?"

I wanted to say yes to her, but the idea of being too far away not to hold her wether she starts to break down or jump for joy, is playing with my mind. "Hello? Toothbrush? My teeth?" I decided to deny the offer.

"I'll do it!" Niall says, making Abbie tremble a bit as his hands reached for the computer. "Don't worry! You'll get in. I know you will."

Then he starts reading.. from the sender.. to the receiver..

"Received from The University of Manchester Freshmen Student Program. Sent to Abbie Gail Reyes.."

Niall paused to look at us, his eyebrows wiggling. To my surprise, Abbie buried her head in my chest, not minding the now-dry toothpaste stain on it.

"Dear Ms. Reyes..." He trails off.

"Niall you're thrilling us all! Stop taking pauses!" Liam complained, also eager to hear what was in the letter.

Niall laughed and continued, "..your transcript of records show excellent performances in all of your academic and non-academic affairs.."

He paused again and looked at us, but this time with pity in his eyes. Abbie wasn't facing him so she couldn't see our reactions.

"..but we regret to inform you that due to your lack of experience and self discipline, you have not been accepted in the university.."

I tensed up a bit, feeling my best friend's tight grip on my arm.

"..we could put you through special classes but our curriculums and schedules are all fully booked. We are looking forward that you'd try again next semester. Yours truly, Albert McFly, College Dean."

"That's got to be sent to the wrong person!" Liam exclaimed, not believing what he had just heard. I, myself wasn't convinced too! Abbie has been through a lot to get her records clean and now here she is, crying her heart out because some lame university doesn't know what she's worth.

Zayn went up to us, rubbing Abbie's back for comfort. "Hey babe, it's alright."

She didn't reply but we heard her uncontrollable sobs as she hugged me with tears streaming down her cheeks. And then it hit me. I can't afford seeing my best friend cry. It just hurts me and sometimes I'm afraid that I won't be that specific person that could make all her problems disappear. But I do wish I am.

I hugged her tighter, "This isn't the end. There are lots of other schools that you can apply to. Just don't take this in too much."

"We can be your teachers if you like.." Louis began to joke around. "Five boys, five different subjects. Just for free!"

"You don't even know what's three times two!" She mumbled, her words a little bit hard to understand.

Louis lay his arm on my shoulders, "Umm.. that's five right?" Abbie shot her head up from my chest, glaring at Louis.

He backed away a bit, "I'm kidding! Of course it's 9!"

This time Abbie released her hug and pinched Louis' ears. He flinched feeling the pain, "Ow! Ow! It's six!!"

She laughed, wiping her tears away. I scanned the room to look for Niall but he wasn't by the table anymore. In fact, I don't know where he is right now. This should be him comforting his girl. This should be him giving her hugs for comfort.

"You alright now, Baba?" I asked, seeing her form a weak yet beautiful smile.

"Can you just go back to the bathroom for a few minutes when all those toothpaste are washed off your face?"

Oh I forgot I was actually brushing my teeth! I went back to the faucet and cleaned myself up then went back to where the lads are. Niall was there too, now sitting beside his girl.

"So what am I gonna do now?" She sighed. "I don't know how my parents are going to react to this."

Niall stuffed in some pizza left overs in his mouth, "Atleast we'd have a time for us!"

"Ha! That would be great but-"

"Education is much more important to her." I finished the sentence for her.

Niall looked at me, half smiling. "We'll find a way."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 94 14
Their paths cross once again and the rest is history.
2.4K 177 24
Those fantasies you always dream of the boys. Short, long, cute. and sad stories(imagines) ❤❤
58.7K 1.2K 20
this story is in need of major editing. but read at your own risk, it's very clingy. sorry!
1.3K 110 37
What happens when Emily a normal girl bullied bye Skyler bumps in to Louis Tomlinson and their friends meet. Will they fall in love or will everythi...