Dark Paradise (Camren)

By alrenreguiaf5H

You have your moral and your principles above all, you follow the law, you pay every tax. And by divine inter... More

Little Note + Summary
Serial Killer (1)
The message and drinks (2)
The Cop (3)
Balans (4)
The Hunt (5)
I wanna use you... And abuse you (6)
Hot Beach (7)
Scopolamine (8)
Choices (9)
The Interrogation (10)
Guns and fire (11)
Family business (12)
You're not alone (13)
The rehearsal (14)
Sex (15)
Crossroad (16)
Disappointments (18)
Escape (19)
Angel (20)
Make love to me (21)
Hurricane (22)
Haiti (23)
Medical report (24)
Second day (25)
The other (26)
Know that I'm here (27)
Discovery (28)
The re-encounter (29)
Clarifying (30)
Curse in disguise (31)
Sister (32)
All I Want (33)
Be my girlfriend? (34)
I'm lovin' your skin (35)
There's no forgiveness (36)
Let it all go (37)
Close to you (38)
Maniac Polaroid x Deputy Cabello (39)
Bad blood (40)
Family (41)
Dinner (42)
Seduction (43)
Veromani's engagement (44)
He's gone (45)
The website (46)
The beginning of the end (47)
Russian Roulette (48)
Decisions (49)
Ramon (50)
Threats (51)
Truce? (52)
Veromani (53)
Britt (54)
I can kill you (55)
04/01/2019 (56)
Déjà Vu (57)

You have to stop (17)

19.7K 584 1.4K
By alrenreguiaf5H

POV Lauren Jauregui

I knelt in front of Veronica and put a lock of hair that fell on her face behind her ear.

-Vero. – I whispered, she probably passed out, her pressure must have dropped – Vero, wake up.

I shook her face a little bit and she slowly regained her consciousness.

-Lauren... It was a dream, right? – her eyes roamed around the place and they instantly started to water – It wasn't a bad dream? – I shook my head.

-No, Vero. – I glued my forehead on hers – I also wanted it to be.

-You are going to kill me, aren't you? – I got up and threw the blood soaked dagger on the floor.

I approached the sideboard that was nearby, opening the drawer and grabbing a cigarette from the pack of cigarettes, promptly I lit it. My hands were shaking. THINK, LAUREN.

Vero began to cry uncontrollably and I started to walk again from one side to the other, dragging as much smoke as I could from the cigarette. Veronica's crying flooded the warehouse. With the cigarette still between my fingers, I massaged my right temple, trying to silence the pain. Veronica murmured something, I couldn't hear what, I assumed she was praying.

-SHUT YOUR DAMN MOUTH, VERONICA, LET ME THINK. – the woman got scared and swallowed her crying – I'm sorry. – I approached her quickly and knelt in front of her – I'm sorry.

I caressed her face and she burst into tears again.

-You weren't supposed to be here. – she nodded her head frantically – Why, Vero? Why did you come here? – Vero squirmed, trying to free her hands – Shhh, you won't be able to free yourself, just tell me what you came here to do.

-I've been feeling like crap these last few days. – thick tears wouldn't stop rolling down her face – Normani... N... Nor... – she couldn't finish the sentence and cried even more.

-I know, you two broke up. – she nodded – You were jealous of me, weren't you? – she nodded again, I hugged her and stroked her hair – Shhh, it's okay, it's okay. – I said trying to calm her down, but the truth was that I didn't know if everything would be okay.

-Yes, I was jealous. – she said and I backed away.

-B... But after I realized how stupid I was being. – I got up but continued to listen attentively – I went to your house to apologize, I know it was late, Lauren.

It was indeed quite late.

-But I haven't been able to sleep anyways, I thought it would do no harm, I wanted to apologize to you first, then I would talk to Mani. – she laughed sadly – I wanted to patch things up, it was when...

She swallowed hard and I impatiently walked from one side to the other.

-It was when you saw me put Steve in the trunk. – I laughed humorlessly and she nodded.

-As a police officer I decided to follow you and... – she began to cry compulsively – And here we are. I can't believe you are the Maniac Polaroid. – I laughed.

-Okay, Veronica, you were in the wrong place at the wrong time, it's not your fault.

I went to the sideboard where I had grabbed the cigarette and picked up the revolver I had stored there.

I approached the brunette who was looking at me crying incessantly. I took her phone from her pocket and put it in the pocket of my pants. Come on, Lauren, you need courage for this. I went behind the chair and began to untie her arms and legs.

-Don't make any movement, Veronica, don't make this more painful than it's already being. – Vero just nodded.

When I finished untying her, she was going to get up, but I laid my hand on her shoulder and forced her to sit back on the chair again.

-Don't get up.

I went to stand in front of her and knelt. I held her hand and brought it towards the revolver, I handed it to Veronica and held her hand with the gun aiming at my forehead.

-I love Normani more than I love myself, she wouldn't bear to lose you.

Vero looked at me incredulously, my eyes watered.

-I wouldn't be able to live with innocent blood on my hands. – I whispered and quickly wiped the tear that insisted on falling.

-COME ON, SHOOT! – she started to shake her head frantically – IF YOU DON'T KILL ME, I'LL KILL YOU. – I shouted.

-You are not like that, Lauren, you would never kill me. – she tried to put the gun down, but I held her wrist.

-How can you be so sure? – I laughed ironically – Look around, this is my lair, do you know how many people I've killed, Veronica? – she cried and shook her head – Of course you do, of course you do. – I said whispering.

-Look around you, Lauren, how many innocent people have you killed? – I laughed humorlessly – None, they were all filthy pigs, you practically saved more lives than you took.

-SHOOT ME, VERONICA. – with my thumb I cocked the gun – It's your last chance to get out of here alive.

In a quick act she got up from the chair, I was startled and fell on my ass, landing with my hands on the floor. Vero pointed the gun at me.

-Give me my phone, Lauren.

-Are you going to turn me in? DON'T BE A COWARD.

-GIVE ME THE DAMN PHONE, LAUREN. – she shook the gun at me, so I decided to give her the phone. I reached for the phone in my pocket, grabbing it and handing it over to her.

Vero was looking for some number and then she finally put the phone in her ear.

-Camila?

CAMILA? My heart lurched, my hands began to sweat, I don't know if I was ready to be caught like this. Vero kept the gun pointed at me.

-I won't be able to go to the police station tomorrow. – Vero looked at me and pressed the gun's safety button, lowering it, she looked around and fixed her eyes on the stretcher where Steve's body was.

-I have a mess to clean up. – she was silent for a while – Okay, I'll let you know, thank you.

She ended the call and threw the gun on top of me.

-I will not kill you, much less turn you in. Now, feel free to do whatever you want, Lauren, but this mess won't clean itself, do you need help?

Vero extended her hand to help me get up and I accepted her help.

-You should kill me, Veronica. – I spoke wiping some tears that still insisted on falling silently.

-ENOUGH! I WILL NOT KILL YOU. – Vero kicked the chair nearby – DAMMIT, LAUREN.

She was shaking, I could see that when she ran her hand over her forehead impatiently.

-I heard what that asshole said, okay? I HEARD HIM, LAUREN, HE HAD NO REGRETS. HOW CAN I KILL YOU OR TURN YOU IN FOR THAT? HUH? TELL ME, YOU IDIOT.

I went towards the wall and slid my back down it, letting my body fall, sitting on the warehouse floor. I propped my elbows on my knees and buried my face in my hands.

-You are in shock, try to calm down. – I said while Vero shouted.

-Lauren, Lauren, I can't believe this, you are the Maniac Polaroid.

Vero ran up to where I was and squatted in front of me. She held my hands forcing me to look at her.

-I don't know what to say... It's a woman. – I rolled my eyes – Oh my God, Camila, she... Camila... – Vero wasn't able to form coherent sentences anymore.

-Alright, calm down. – I said getting up and she accompanied me.

-Lauren, I don't know if I'll be able to sleep for the next few years knowing this, but I won't do anything to harm you. – she said approaching me.

-Why are you doing this?

-Because we have two things in common. – she said looking into my eyes.

-And what would that be? – I asked arching my eyebrow.

-First because I also love Normani, perhaps even more than I love myself and she wouldn't bear to lose her best friend like this. – she said and I smiled sadly – Wait, Normani knows?

-No, no, no. I said hurriedly – No one knows, just you and I.

-That's a relief. – I nodded because I understood what she meant – Well and secondly because no one more than I knows that these guys deserved to die. We have a lot to talk, Lauren.

-Obviously we do, but why did you call Camila now and to tell her that you won't work tomorrow? That makes no sense, no one would think about that. – I said and Veronica shook her head.

-Yes, you're right, I was just making sure that if you killed me, Camila would trace this call and get you.

-Very clever, Miss Iglesias, but we'll have to trust each other, what do you say? – I extended my hand to the brunette who seemed to be getting used to the idea of having a somewhat peculiar friend.

-I want you to tell me everything, Lauren, absolutely everything. I want to know WHAT THE HELL ARE THOSE CLUES.

I laughed and started cleaning the instruments used.

-I SHOULD KILL YOU JUST FOR BEING SO BOLD, WHAT THE HELL.

Now I laughed and Vero, well, Vero still couldn't smile, she was still in shock and I needed to keep an eye on her, for a few days, for precaution.

-----

I gathered all my strength and with Veronica's help we threw the pig's body inside the deep pit in some cemetery that had no surveillance in Miami. And with a gardening equipment that was there, we erased our tracks and footprints. I was already used to this type of procedure. The sun was already beginning to rise and I was really exhausted, and seeing Veronica's state I could say the same for her.

-Damn, I need a shower and my bed. – Veronica grumbled looking at herself – But I need to talk to you. – Veronica looked up at me and narrowed her eyes.

-I know. – I sighed tiredly – You were in shock, but now you are calmer, let's go to my house? I'll lend you new and clean clothes, you can also take a shower there.

-I don't know. – Veronica looked at me afraid, as if I was going to do something.

-Vero... Believe me, if I was going to do something to you, I would've done it two hours ago. – the woman looked at me for a while.

-Okay, let's go, but know that if you try something, this time I won't hesitate to shoot you. – I let out a nasal laugh nodding my head.

The drive was filled with silence, each in our respective car. Slowly reality was downing on me, the love of my best friend's life had found out about everything.

Vero was following me and within minutes we were already in front of my house. I drove the car to the garage while Vero parked hers in front of my house. I took a deep breath and got out of the car, Vero did the same and walked with me to the door. She was looking everywhere.

-I see that I'm not the only one with money, Jauregui. – I nodded my head, opening the door and entering the house. I took a deep breath feeling the smell of clean house.

-Wow, I never pegged you as the type of person who has a cleaning compulsion. – I arched my eyebrows.

-Cleaning compulsion?

-Yes, I mean look at this, if you don't, your maid does. – I shook my head smiling.

-I don't like maids, but whatever. Upstairs, first door on the right, there's a guest room, you can shower and change there, I'll leave a change of clothes for you, okay? – Vero just nodded and disappeared from my line of sight, I yawned looking around, my body screamed for a bath.

I took a quick shower and went down to the kitchen to prepare some waffles. Veronica still hadn't come down and at every passing second my fear of her telling everything increased more and more. I put everything on the table and footsteps coming down the stairs caught my attention. I sat on the chair, it didn't take long for Vero to be in front of me.

-Are you trying to buy my silence with food, Jauregui? – Veronica joked and I rolled my eyes laughing.

-No, I'm not. – I looked at the brunette in front of me, she seemed kind of tense even with the joke – Have a seat, eat a little, it will help our conversation.

Vero sat facing me, I served myself a large glass of orange juice and some waffles. Only the noise of the cutlery made itself present, I was already on the second plate and no word had been exchanged.

Out of nowhere Veronica cleared her throat, looking up at me, I looked at her who accommodated herself better on the chair.

-I'll be straight with you, Lauren. I want you to stop doing this sort of thing.

-What? – I asked incredulously dropping my cutlery – You said it yourself that what I was doing was right.

-Your intentions are, but your actions aren't, Lauren.

-Excuse me? – I got up abruptly, walking to the bar and serving myself a glass of Whiskey.

It seems that no matter the time of day, or what I had just eaten, when I felt nervous, only a good Whiskey calmed me down, and now, more than ever I needed to be calm, I needed to not regret leaving Veronica alive.

-Lauren, can't you understand that by killing them you are practically equaling yourself to them? You shouldn't take justice into your own hands.

-No, Veronica, you are the one who doesn't understand. You don't understand this desire, this thirst for revenge, this uncontrollable thirst I have. – I brought the glass up to my mouth taking a big sip.

-You don't understand. – I took two more big sips – I... I need...

-You don't need to anymore, Lauren. – Vero's hand touched my shoulder, I had barely noticed that she had gotten up.

-I don't want to rat you out. Can't you understand the chaos you are causing? You are not just fooling yourself, but me too, Dinah, Ally and Camila.

With Vero's hand on my shoulder, she turned me around, making me face her. The brunette let out a tired sigh and looked at me.

-I don't want to turn you in, Lauren, but if you continue doing that I'll be forced to. Camila, Dinah and Ally don't deserve to be fooled, we are all your friends, Lauren.

Maybe she was right, but I had something inside me that kept me from moving forward, it was an uncontrollable thirst. I didn't need to stop, I just needed to change my method.

-You are right. – I whispered looking up and staring at Veronica, her countenance was still tense.

I brought my hand to the pocket of my jacket, grabbing a cigarette and bringing it up to my mouth, dragging as much smoke as possible, making my vision get a bit blurred.

-And? – I let out the smoke, taking the cigarette out of my mouth.

-And... I'll stop. – Vero grinned and pulled me into a hug, I reciprocated it carefully because of the drink and cigarette in my hands.

-I'm sorry for suspecting that you and Mani had something. – her hands slid on my back, I closed my eyes taking a deep breath.

This that Veronica is doing for me... The only one who would do something like this, who would stay by my side knowing what I was capable of, would be Normani. I think I made the right choice for Normani and for myself as well. I feel that I won a great FRIEND.

POV Camila Cabello

I hung up the phone placing it on the desk of my office. I leaned my back on the chair, a question drummed in my head... What mess could Veronica make at 03:00AM? She was acting very strange these last few days. Not only her, but Lauren as well. The green-eyed brunette changed completely, she easily accepted the fact that I didn't want anything with her beyond friendship, which was strange and made me feel a pang of disappointment. Perhaps these days away from Lauren made me realize that I need to be near her, even if only to talk to her or just enjoy a comfortable silence. Yes, that was what I needed, to know Lauren Jauregui better.

The sound of the door opening caught my attention, I looked away from the pile of reports on my desk and looked at the door.

-Hey. – it was Rob, my fiancé opened a broad smile – Babe, come lie down a bit, you need to rest. – I let out a tired sigh.

I really needed, but I got carried away with our progress in the Polaroid case. Yes, we made some progress, finally our man, or rather, it could be a woman, since the person left something behind. A bracelet, a similar model to the one I gave Vero on her birthday. I still didn't know the details, Ally had called me a little after Lauren dropped Sofi home, telling me the news and sending me some pictures. I awoke from my reveries when the sound of the door closing caught my attention, I stretched and got up, opting for Rob's idea. I really needed to rest.

I walked into the kitchen to drink a glass of water and found Rob drinking a large glass of cold milk. Only now it downed on me that my fiancé was awake at this hour, it wasn't something normal of him, he always had a very deep sleep. I approached him silently, he had his back turned to me, he had barely noticed my presence, so I hugged him from behind, resting my head on his back. He smelled good, almost as good as Lauren. God, why am I comparing them? It wasn't fair to either of them.

-What are you doing awake at this hour, honey?

-I woke up to see how you were and also this meeting today doesn't leave my head. – Rob said turning to me with a tired countenance.

His arms wrapped around my waist and my arms automatically went to his neck, hugging him.

Now that I put and end to my "secret" relationship with Lauren, I feel less dirty when I'm with Rob.

-Don't worry, honey. – I whispered sinking my face in his neck, depositing a light kiss, Rob winced a little, but then his body relaxed – Everything will work out.

-I hope so. – I pulled my face from his neck to look at him – Let's get some sleep.

Let's go. – I sealed our lips and slowly his tongue asked for passage, which I promptly gave in.

Rob invaded my mouth, but it wasn't with thirst, just calmness. Our kiss was slow and short, ending with a few pecks. And then we walked to my bedroom.

Rob was always there for me, but I was feeling some discomfort. I lay down and he hugged me from behind, wrapping me in his body, almost merging us. But the discomfort was there, bubbling, torturing, instigating.

In the beginning of my relationship with Rob, I didn't love him and he knew it. But with his insistence, care and attention, I slowly learned to love him. But it seems that this love is fading slowly, slipping away, I didn't feel those delightful goose bumps when we kissed a few seconds ago, I didn't want to fight for the control of the kiss nor felt safe in his arms now. Perhaps it's the stress, perhaps it's his absence in my life lately, I just didn't know what was going on, but I would fight for my fiancé.

POV Lauren Jauregui

After I advised Veronica to go after Normani, she left, willing to talk to the woman after a few hours of sleep. I'll be very happy to see them together again.

Veronica also told me that I am Camila's favorite case and that somehow she admires me. I confess that my ego inflated, it's always nice to have admirers.

-----

I think I slept no more than two hours today. I scheduled very early to meet Taylor. Today was the day of the meeting and her help would be essential, my sister needed to be by my side, Rob couldn't be running my company.

Taylor was late 15 minutes, but I didn't care, I was too lost in my thoughts about last night to get angry now. Taylor finally entered the place and walked towards me. I was in a coffee shop nearby the company, since in a few hours I would have to be there.

-Laur, I'm so glad that you wanted to see me. – she hugged me and I could feel the sweet perfume that exuded from her.

-Why, Taylor, guilty conscience? – I laughed ironically.

-Don't make jokes, Lauren, I'm in a terrible mood. – she said, sitting in front of me and dropping her purse on the seat next to her – And I stopped to think and you were so broken that day in the cemetery, and I just made it worse, I wanted to...

-Apologize? – I interrupted her – It's alright, you'll never see me like that again, it was a weakness. – I laughed humorlessly.

-No, Laur, it's okay to suffer sometimes. – she ran her thumb on the back of my hand, but I gently removed my hand from under hers.

-For you, yes, but not for me, just forget it. – she just nodded.

-Camila... – I shook my head when I heard Taylor's voice and the deputy's name, which made my heart race.

-What?

-Camila, you two seemed close.

-Ahhh, yes, we became great friends. – I took a sip of my coffee.

-I'm happy for you, you always only had Normani as a friend. – I looked at Taylor and smiled.

-Yes. – I stayed for a short time just watching my sister – Tay?

-Yes.

-I need your help. – Taylor nodded her head for me to continue – I need you to be on my side in the meeting.

-Of course, Laur, I'll sit by your side. – Taylor said laughing and I rolled my eyes.

-Taylor, I'm serious, I need you to support me in this voting. – Taylor arched her eyebrows dropping her phone on the table.

-I'm sorry, Lauren, but I can't do that.

What? She must be joking. I shifted on the chair bothered.

-And why not?

-Because it's not fair... Rob is the right guy for this, he deserves the job. – Taylor answered tranquilly.

My blood boiled, my hands balled into fists. Taylor noticed because she looked at them.

-I don't understand your tantrum with him, he's a good and honest man.

-He's ridiculous and incompetent, Taylor. – I spat through gritted teeth.

-No, he is not, you don't even know anything, you never go to the company to know how things are. You only go there to pick up your damn money and to insult our father.

-YOUR FATHER, YOUR FATHER, NOT MINE. – I almost shouted.

Hearing that word "father" made my stomach turn. My heart was pounding with anger. Taylor got up opening her wallet and taking a few dollars from it.

-Enough, Lauren, I've seen that there's no way to keep peace with you. – Taylor was going to walk past me, but before I grabbed her arm and pulled her close to me, getting up at the same time.

-I hope you don't let me down, because sisters support each other. – I whispered through gritted teeth.

Taylor looked at me with so much fury, and in a rough act the girl pulled her arm, freeing herself from my hands and walking away.

-If you think I forgot about "send a kiss to Rob", you are very much mistaken, Taylor Jauregui.

I practically shouted, drawing everyone's attention. Taylor didn't turn around, she just showed me the middle finger as a sign of the good education that Mike gave her.

She couldn't be serious, I don't recognize my sister anymore. She was different, something in her had changed drastically. Perhaps it was puberty, perhaps her hormones were acting like this and leaving her unrecognizable. I just hope that she's on my side today, because otherwise, I'll make her life a living hell.

I sat at the table again and called the waiter, paying the bill. Then I left going towards the damn meeting. Why did Taylor defend Rob so much? Why wasn't she on my side? Those were questions that wandered my head since the cemetery. I have a new goal now, besides removing Rob from the company I need to find out why Taylor defends that useless piece of shit so much.

-----

NOTE: Damn... This meeting is going to be interesting...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 172 18
2.3M 69.9K 45
Thank you for reading :)
15.2K 424 18
There's no one Camila Cabello loves and hates going up against in court more than Lauren Jauregui. Lauren always knows just how to get rise out of C...
160K 3.5K 27
❝She left me.❞ ❝I should hate her, but I don't. I can't hate someone so beautiful. She did everything that she could do just so she can find a way to...