The Devil's Hound

By ElizabethHornberger

what can I say nothing ever seemed to go my way. i end moving a way from my home to Greece. i have no mate... More

The Devil's Hound

19 0 0
By ElizabethHornberger

Prologue

I took a deep breathe in as I stood at the edge of the water. Nothing could stop me from walking in. The water lapped over the shore gently tickling my feet as it drew itself back into one. My heart raced at the pure thought of jumping in, I chuckled at the thought. I opened my eyes to see the beautiful horizon right in front of me. I heard my mother in my head; she wanted me to come back to the pack house to pack my belongings. I didn’t want to move…. Again. My heart began to slow from the sadness.  So I did the one thing that would bring me back to my good mood. I dove right into the freezing water. The darkness of the ocean engulfed me in a semi-balance of warmth. I looked to the surface as I swam back up. Something grabbed my leg and I let the air out of mouth. Watching bubbles drift to the surface to pop. I looked down to see who my attacker was. It was my best friend Ambrose. He is the same age me. Dark red hair about shoulder length floated around his face in the water. He is six foot six of pure muscle. If he wanted to he could drag me down to the bottom just so he could get rid of me. Even though I knew he was just playing around with me, but my heart hurt even more now just by looking at him. Everyone in our pack from the day we were born thought we would be mates; just because we were inseparable. When we had become of age nothing had happened. Until six months later my younger sister had become of age.  Now they were inseparable, and I had lost my only friend, my best friend.

Hurting so much I swam to the surface only to hear him laughing at me.

“What was that all about Ambrose?” I screamed. I knew I was just upset that he was mated to my sister, younger sister.

“I know its hurts to know that I’m mated to your sister and your still here unmated and depressed that we’re moving again.” He said in reluctance. “I was just trying to get back to our old times, but I guess that has gone, just like the pack house will be tomorrow when we leave.” He swam towards the shore. I hated that he was right but there was nothing going to change my mind about how life was here. I started to swim towards the shore as well when all of a sudden a shiver went down my back and it wasn’t because of the freezing cold water. Something was coming for me. I just didn’t know if it was bad or good.

Chapter one: Ice Blue

“The moon affects us all in different and numerous ways, if you’re a were wolf the full moon makes you stronger, faster and even more powerful then you are without it.” Mrs. Evans looked all around the class. She was teaching the class where most of our powers come from. Why were - wolves could transform. What happens to demons during the full moon? What gods use the moon to have humans worship them? I was trying so hard to concentrate but during Mrs. Evans lecture I heard the loud beat of drowning pool’s let bodies hit the floor roam. A demon sitting next to me had his ears buds in and he was nodding his head to beat of the music. Nikolas is his name he is a shade demon. A type of demon that scares humans in order to feed off their frightened souls; a shade demon can cloak himself in the shadows, but it gives off the presence of someone watching you. They do this in order to get their prey running in fear. It’s a sick way of saying I’m hungry.

But he’s not the only unusual thing in this school. This school is full of gods, demi-gods, demons, were wolves, and one or two vampires. The vampires are becoming somewhat instinct. I tried my hardest to get back on track with class, but my father contacted me through mind link.

Son, my brother’s pack has just landed at the airport. They will be here in an hour. After this class is done you must come home.He pushed through the link.

Ok. I pushed back. My uncle’s pack had maybe ten fifteen wolves within it. They had lost so many to other packs due to mating. So my father had talked him into joining our pack. This was going to be good, not.

Melanie’s p.o.v

            The flight here was horrible. I had a window seat, wolves are NOT supposed to fly EVER! I hated the fact we had to move to Greece. Moving from Oregon broke my heart but I guess there was a much needed new start. I sat in the back of the giant suv know as a Cadillac escalade. I sighed into the window; I was the most depressed wolf in the car. Everyone else was happy to be somewhere new and beautiful. Don’t get me wrong Greece was absolutely astounding and gorgeous but it wasn’t Oregon. We pulled up to the mansion of Devil’s Hound pack. Outside the door stood a beautiful woman who was about five foot nine; ebony black hair flowed all the way down her back. Her violet eyes stood out against her golden skin. Next to her stood her alpha her husband in every sense of the word. He had blonde wind swept hair, at six foot two he stood with class and grace. He wore a suit tailored to make him look sophisticated and muscular at the same time. His dress shoes shined against the sun. His wife was wearing a floor length dress that was as bright as the tie he wore with his suit. I jumped out of the back and stood to full height six feet. I was tall but not compared to Ambrose; he was at least six feet six. A very tall boy indeed, he stepped out right behind me with my younger sister trailing behind him. The two of them never separated. They were mated so it was understandable.

            I looked up at Ambrose, he smiled a lazy smile at me and grabbed Andrea; he pulled her closer. The sight of them made me want to cry. It just wasn’t fair that she got him and I’m still here by myself watching this stupid shit. The entire pack had finally appeared around us, I took my eyes off of Ambrose and Andrea. I placed them on the ground and walked toward our new pack house. I sighed hoping I could just go up to my new room and cry myself to sleep. Anything would be better than listening to the love birds behind me giggling and kissing. I walked through the front door with my arms crossed I would stay by the door just in case I needed or wanted to bolt.

Caden’s p.o.v  

            I was standing in the kitchen when I smelt it. I smelt mango’s mixed with vanilla and salt. Like it had been crying for some time; I walked towards the front part of the house following the smell. It compelled me like I was in a trance and I was meant to find who it was. When I stepped into the front room I stopped dead in my tracks. My eyes landed on a gorgeous girl. She stood against the wall with her head down. Her arms a crossed her chest; she wore a black shirt that stopped just slightly below her rib cage. It showed off her stomach in which her naval was pierced. She had black skinny jeans on that hugged every sexy curve that every man would die to have on his woman. She had black fur boots on like she just came from the cold snowy mountains.

            My wolf cried out. Something was making him sad and frightened.

She’s crying you idiot go and console her. She needs it, go, go, go, go, go, go, and go! He screamed. I took a step forward when I saw her visibly tense, I knew something was up. My father turned around and greeted me.

            “Well here he is the soon to be alpha.” He smiled. I knew he would introduce me like that, but at the same time it didn’t feel right, like it used.

             “Hey guys.” I said. The girl never pulled her head up. I just wanted to see her face. I wanted to walk up to her pull her into my arms and tell her everything will be alright; but just thinking those things made me feel awkward. A guy about my height which would be six foot six stepped forward.

            “Hey my name is Ambrose, I’m your cousin.” He held a sloppy grin on his face. I looked back over the girl she had her head up but it was facing down the hall towards the rooms. I saw the color of her eyes glowed ice blue. The beautiful color had me stunned in place. I barely heard Ambrose speaking, but when he pointed at her and called her Melanie I knew something she probably didn’t; she was my mate. I smiled at the thought of kissing her, taking her everywhere. Making her scream my name in pleasure; the smile spread across my face and the smile was so big it literally hurt. 

 i know its a filler chapter but my brain started to fry because nikolas, he is coming into the next chapter with his pov i just have to settle him down so he wont rip my brain a part like last time.

Chapter two: Roomies!!!

            I took everyone to their rooms. Ambrose and Andre his mate were sharing a room. What was the word Andre use; Roomies. Uugh just hearing that word screams girly. Now it was just me and Melanie. She never spoke a word; she kept her eyes on the ground. I felt like turning around to see if she needed anything. But I decided not to. She carried a duffel bag; she didn’t like people touching her things. She had said that to Ambrose when he tried to get it for her. She ‘bout nearly killed him. Something was obviously wrong between them. I wasn’t one to question or even get in the middle of it, but she was my mate, I wanted to hold her, kiss her, and make her feel wanted, because no one in her pack besides Ambrose talked to her.

            We stopped in front of the door to her room that was across the hall from mine. We happened to be on the third floor. If she needed anything she could always find me. I walked her into her room; she sat her bag on the bed. She looked around as if the huge room was normal to her.

“Umm... If you need anything I’m right across the hall.” I said and she just shook her head. I left the room to leave her be. Everyone had been on the flight so long they probably wanted to rest. I shut the door behind me. I went down stairs to find my parents.

Melanie’s p.o.v

            I looked around the room, it was spectacular. Nothing I’ve ever seen. The bed had to be a mix of king and queen. It was HUGE. I went into my duffel bag and got out my leather pants, which were custom made and never ripped for anything. I then pulled out my red top that was like all the rest of my shirts stopped just below the ribs. I ran into the bathroom grabbed a towel, stripped all my clothes and jumped into the shower.

            Once I was out of the shower I quickly dressed and ran into my room towards the window. I looked out the window; we were on the third floor. Not that far of a drop, I’ve jumped off the top of our roof back home, that was something I would never try again. Now that was a drop that hurt like hell for days, I opened the window and stepped out on the ledge. I focused myself for landing. Then jumped, I landed with a thud, not crunch which was good. I stood to my full height; I looked around me, when I knew it was clear I took off running for the city. They would never know I left.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

247K 38.1K 98
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး
56.1K 3.2K 70
When shrivi goes home after a long time. Who doesn't have her parents' love and family's love for some reason. She had support from her grandmother...
244K 5.5K 56
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc
32K 2.2K 55
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝟐𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐚 𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲/𝐧'𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭-𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐬/𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢�...