Find Me >> Wattys2016

By SoniaDhyani6

"Let's play a game, shall we?" the voice slurred from the radio. "It's simple really, just try to find me som... More

introductions
zero >> the beginning
one >> the ride
two >> the rules
three >> first try
four >> second mistake
five >> frantic choices
six >> final hour
seven >> one last chance
eight >> the aftermath
nine >> i'm here
ten >> gone
cast & acknowledgements
announcement

bonus chapter

166 12 15
By SoniaDhyani6

- BONUS CHAPTER -
prelude >> choices from the devil

KATHY'S P.O.V

Date - February 27
Time - 15:00
Location - New Orleans

The bell rang loudly through the corridors, a sign for our dismissal. I was in my P.E class, finishing our two thousand meter run around the gym.

We were all drenched in sweat, swaying around with the feeling of lead feet and stiff thighs as we all wobbled away into the locker room, eager to change.

"Kathy Devin?!" the coach yelled my name loudly at the sweaty bodies as I turned my head around to meet his gaze.

"We need to talk," he said before the rest of the students left for the locker rooms, leaving their curious gazes behind.

My mind was spinning wildly. What did I do wrong? I didn't even stop for a second during that run, much less walk. My stomach and thighs were wheezing with pain, but I limped towards him, standing straight.

The coach was a former navy, so he had very high standards when it comes to training. The P.E lessons he gave us were intense, and he would shout at us if we didn't stand in proper salute. He must have had a bad history during the wars.

"Yes, Coach?" I asked, feeling the sweat bead down my face.

"Sit," he said as he gestured towards the benches. His words were all a command, so I obliged to his order and sat down, feeling relieved from the pain.

He sat down next to me, his clipboard in hand. "Do you know why I had summoned you?" he asked briskly.

"No, sir," I replied formally.

"You know that I am a former navy," he started, which made me confused. Everyone knows he's a former navy, why would he ask me that?

"Y-yes, sir," I answered, confused and shocked by his question.

"Do you know which division I was in?" he asked again.

"No, sir," I replied, millions of thoughts passing through my head.

He looked at me straight in the eyes with those dark blue eyes that pierced souls. He had no emotion behind them, just plain assertion. "I was in the division that sank."

Confusion was starting to overwhelm me. Again, I thought, why was he telling me all of this?

"What does that mean, sir?" I asked in a whisper, fearing the worst as he caressed my blonde hair which was pulled up in a ponytail.

"You look so much like her, you know that?" he said with slight tenderness that sent chills down my back. I shook my head to get his hand off of my hair, but all of a sudden he pulled it with immense force, causing me to scream out in pain. He placed a hand over my mouth to silence me, and twisted my hair to make me face him.

The face he gave me was so vicious, so savage that I could feel the fear racing through me, my heart rising in hysteria as I made a move to get up, but again he pulled me back down, and this time he twisted my arm behind my back painfully, causing me to cry a muffled sob.

"Shut up!" he hissed at my ear. "You know that I was in the army, you know that I could break you into two right now! I will not hesitate!"

I knew for sure that he will do it, so I stopped struggling and tried to calm my racing heart, clamping my mouth shut.

"Good," he said a bit gentler before he twisted me around so that I would face him. His face was calmer now, and I had a sudden thought about what he said before, about me looking like 'her'.

Who was he referring to?

It must've been the wife, because if it was the daughter he would have dirty blond hair as well, but his hair was of a dark color, closely cropped in a military fashion.

He flipped the clipboard over and to my horror it had my face and name over it, with all of my details including my family and address.

I swallowed the lump forming in my throat as he flipped from one page to the next, looking through my birth certificate and even my social media accounts. "Kathy Devin, the middle child of the family," he said as he flipped to the page with my family details.

I felt the slight tremor of my hands and lips, my mind shouting at me to flee, but I know for sure that I will be caught and broken if I do so. No help was possible as well, because it was the end of the school day and the gym will be locked.

"You have an older brother named Cole Devin, and a younger brother named Miles Devin. They don't look so much like you, except the eyes," he said as he flipped through picture to picture of my siblings, even their data.

He placed his hands on the clipboard, showcasing the two pictures of my siblings together, having fun. His eyes snapped back to gaze at mine, but there was no emotion evident, just a stone hard gaze that reminded me of a robot.

"You love them, don't you?" he asked harshly, but I did not answer, I was too afraid to answer.

His hand snapped up suddenly and was clutching my throat roughly, choking me as I clawed my hands at his hand, trying to pry it out. "Answer me!"

"Yes!" I choked out painfully, before he loosened up a bit, letting me breathe slightly.

"But there can't be two favorite brother, there can only be one. Now, choose," he commanded, again I didn't reply, I was terrified by his question.

His hand wrapped around my neck tighter. "CHOOSE!"

I felt my cheeks redden, and my lungs screaming for air, but I couldn't speak, both from the lack of air and the horrible query. Spots were dancing around my vision before he suddenly let go of me, and I coughed and hacked, finally able to breathe in air.

"Choose Kathy," he said again with slight edge, shoving the clipboard at my face.

"Choose your favorite brother."

I started shaking my head, but he forced my gaze to meet his, and once more I met the gaze of a deranged psychotic, his eyes glittering in manic glee. "Choose which one I should murder."

My eyes widen with tears pricking my eyes. "Why are you doing this!?"

"You remind me of her, Kathy, you look like a younger version of herself, and your siblings have the potential to find her for me. Choose one brother," he explained roughly.

"Who is she!? Why would you ask for my brother!?" I cried out in a sob, my heart racing and my body trembling terribly. I felt scared, I felt cornered and helpless. He was asking for a brother.

"She, is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS! I need you to CHOOSE, so I can put my plan into action!" he yelled at my ear savagely, shaking my nerves, feeling my face paling.

My eyes stared intently at the clipboard, at the pictures of my brothers having fun together. I didn't understand, but even so I wouldn't choose any of them to be a sacrifice.

"Choose, or the whole school will go out in flames, with you and me in it," he threatened in a low growl.

"W-w-what?" I stammered nervously.

"I have situated powerful explosives and highly radioactive bombs around the school, very well hidden. Do you really want to sacrifice the whole school just for one person?" he said.

I was gasping in fear, my body convulsing and turning numb. My choice will determine the fate of the school, and my brother.

"You have ten seconds to choose," he warned, before he started the countdown.

"Ten!"

"Wait! Please!" I begged.

"Nine!"

"Please! Please stop!"

"Eight!"

"No!"

"Seven!"

I thought quickly about my brothers, whom I both love so much. It wouldn't be fair to put either of them through his cruel plan, but poor Miles would not even have a chance against him, he was just turning five.

"Four!" he shouted louder.

"Please! Don't do this to me!" I pleaded, my mind coursing wildly in my head.

"Three!"

"Two!"

I made up my mind.

"O-"

"Stop!" I shouted once more, and he faced me with eager eyes.

"Have you decided?" he asked.

"Cole, I choose Cole," I blurted out quickly, feeling the heavy feeling of guilt weigh in me.

He smiled ruefully. "As expected. Thank you Kathy Devin, but if you ever breathe a word to anyone about this, I promise you that everyone you love will die a slow death. You know me enough to know that I keep my word."

"Coach Freightwood, please don't hurt my brother," I pleaded once more, the tears streaming down my red kissed cheeks.

He stood up, raised the clipboard and tucked it under his arm. "My dear Kathy, I'm not the one hurting him, you are."

With that he walked away, leaving me alone in the cold and empty gym, with my heart and body weighing with guilt.

What have I done?

<•>

This chapter is dedicated to my friend, who likes food and Sterling Beaumon, and is one of my loyalest friends ever! JelsaLadyNoir , foodies for life!!!!

<•>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 187 35
Те са забравили човешкото присъствие. Не могат да останат в един и същ свят и събуждайки се на различно място всеки ден, героите Динара и Нейтън се о...
Help Me (BG) By CrazyBird99

Mystery / Thriller

50.9K 2.8K 45
"...Дишането й бе учестено искаше й се да се разплаче,но не можеше.Имаше чувството,че измина цяла вечност,докато чу двата смъртоносни изтрела. Споко...
485 21 7
Живеех в едно малко и съвсем обикновено градче.Но всичко се промени, промених се дори самата аз, когато се появи той.Показа ми света, неговата красот...
203 0 77
Прордължават приключенията на драконозите пазители, от първа книга