The Other Half

By _LiveLaughLove13

Brandon traded the only woman he ever loved, ever cared for in the slightest, for the thrill of a single man... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4

Chapter 3

83 3 1
By _LiveLaughLove13

The Other Half
Chapter 3

When the plane landed, Jessica got off the plane, trying to get rid of the wedge in her pants as Austin laughed behind her. 

"Shut up Austin!"

"No!" He screamed, tears falling down his cheeks from how hard he was laughing.

"I mean, I never would have suspected, you, Jessica Blake, alpha female of the world, to walk around an airport picking her crack!" Jessica let a low growl escape her lips, showing her annoyance towards Austin. Doesn't he understand how much he bugs me?  

"Jess?" Jessica's head snapped towards Luggage Claim Row Nine, and a Cheshire smile made it's way across her face.  

"Hunter!" She ran towards her brother, leaving Austin in the dust.  

When Jessica reached her brother, she jumped into his arms, wrapping her legs around his waste. Over the past few years, Jessica wasn't able to see her brother, due to the fact that she was always busy helping Brandon with his alpha duties.  

Jessica released her brother and took a few steps back, trying to look him over thoroughly. His hair had grown, about three inches and his face seemed full of life. His eyes contained that spark of life that Jessica had so dearly missed, and she could help but feel her heart warm. She missed her brother. 

"Oh Jess." Hunter walked to Jessica again, and wrapped his arms around her waist, staring into her eyes. "He really did hurt you." Hunter's words were soft, and you could practically feel every emotion he had. Anger, worry, sadness, love, they were all there. 

A throat was cleared behind the siblings, and both of their heads shot in Austin's direction. 

"Can I help you?" Hunter sneered, giving him a once over.  

"Uh, yeah. I sort of forgot to get your number on the plane." Jessica nodded her head, before stepping out of her brothers arms, only to be pulled back. 

"That's because you don't need it." Jessica glared at her brother, before stomping on his foot and walking over to Austin. She handed him her phone, and he handed her his. After inputting her number, Jessica gave Austin a hug before returning to her brother, who was glaring. 

"Who's he?" 

"Hunter, Austin, Austin, Hunter. I met him on the plane."  

"How do I know he isn't just trying to get in your pants?" 

"First of all, he hasn't hit on me yet, and second of all,"  

"I have a mate." 

"Didn't stop Brandon." Austin snarled, still glaring at Austin.  

"I'm nothing like him. He's a selfish tool who was blinded by lust and it's obvious by the fact she's here right now, that he doesn't deserve her." Hunter's glare didn't fall from his face, until a slow smile replaced it.  

"I like you kid." He walked to Austin and gave him one of those man-hug things, before separating.  

"Aussie!" The shout came from across the airport, and when we all turned to look behind us, a small, petite looking blond came running past us. She jumped onto Austin, and crushed her lips to his, which kissed her back. She was obviously his mate.  

"Excuse the couple, they're just a little happy to be back together." Jessica turned, and was met with the most deep and mysterious pair of blue eyes, which resembled Austin's. They were surrounded by layers of thick lashes, and  one of the most amazing faces.  When the hell did all these males turn so....... 

Attractive. 

"H-hey, I'm Jessica." 

"Trent." He held out his hand, which she slowly placed hers in. Trent brought it to his lips and kissed it, which caused the heat to rise to Jessica's cheeks.  

"Hey buddy, back off." Hunter pushed Trent away, which caused the large wall of muscle to look back and forth between the siblings. 

"You guys mates?"  

"NO!" The two yelled as they pushed away from each other. "Yuck!" 

"She's my sister."  

"He's my brother!" They said at the same time. The reaction caused laughter to erupt from Austin and his mate. 

"Hey I'm Ashley." The girl said, as she held her hand out towards Jessica, who gave her her own hand. Shocks ran up her arm, which caused Jessica to laugh at the simple prank.   

Since werewolves had fur, they conducted electricity better than average humans, so when Ashley rubbed her feet across the carpet, it caused shocks to run up Jessica's arm. 

"You shocked me!" Jessica laughed. The boys around her froze, and as Jessica realized why, she couldn't help but laugh harder. 

"I meant an electric shock stupid!" The boys all let out a sigh, which caused the two girls to laugh again. After it had died down, they two girls began to go deep into conversation, not paying attention to the world around them.

"So you're from Liverpool?" 

"Yeah. You?"  

"Yeah, I've lived here all my life. I didn't join the pack until a year ago though." 

"Oh, I was trying to figure why I hadn't met you before!" Jessica laughed. 

"Yeah, hey, wait a second........... You're Jessica Laurence!" The name caused Jessica to sigh, and she could hear a snarl come from her brothers throat. 

"Yes. For now."  

"Excuse me?"  

"I'm divorcing my husband as soon as I return home. So while legally my name is Jessica Laurence, I go by Jessica Baker."  

"Wait, you're devorcing your mate?!" The rest of the group turned their heads towards the girls' conversation, and Austin laid his hand on his mate's shoulder.  

"Ashley....." 

"No, it's alright Austin. Besides, if she's going to be my friend, she needs to know." 

"Friends! I thought we were going to be besties!" This caused the group to laugh, and Jessica to nod her head. 

"If we're going to be besties," Jessica corrected. "She needs to know what happened. As well as the rest of you." 

"Well, go on." 

Jessica let out a sigh and began to tell her story. She had been dying to let it out, and she and her friends had been so into it they hadn't even noticed the paparazzi recording the entire ordeal. 

"I had come home from a meeting a little earlier than I was supposed to, and I found his clothes, as well as another females, strung across the house. I eventually found him in our guest bedroom, a room I never entered. There was another woman in there, and it became obvious where he had been all the time. When I uh, broke our bond, he had confessed to sleeping with another woman, and several, in fact. I couldn't take it, and........ I left."

"Wow." The watcher's stood silent, just listening to the broken spirit tell her tale.  

"After I had seen him, with the other woman, I went to our bedroom and packed my things. I realized later that he had picked up the clothes so that I hadn't noticed, and taken a shower so that I couldn't smell the other female. But I could. I guess I could always smell the other female's scent on him, I just didn't want to believe it. So, that morning after that, I slit my wrists, seperated our souls, and left the bastard." 

Growls escaped the mouths of Jessica's new friends, and they all embraced her in a hug. 

"We won't let him hurt you anymore Jess."

"He's not worth it."  

"I'm gonna kill him." 

"He's already dead."  

"I wish it was true." Jessica's friends laughed, the friendly atmosphere coming back. 

"Well, we'll make sure you get through it. Right guys?" 

"Hell yeah!" They chorused. We all went to walk out of the airport, baggage in hand, as Trent grabbed on to mine. When I looked at him, he simply shrugged his shoulders and swung out intertwined hands back and forth.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

"Brandon!" 

The door to the pack house slammed open, and Brandon could hear the pounding footsteps of his parents. When they entered his office, rage filled each individual one of their faces. His sister, however; was the worst. 

"Turn on the TV!" Brandon's father boomed. He did as his father asked, and when he did, he didn't like what he saw.  

Jessica was on the television, surrounded by who he knew as her brother, and another circle of friends, which were mostly male. He could feel his rage start to boil over, but it turned to guilt as soon as the news reporter spoke. 

"Good evening were's of the world. I'm Brenda Beaman, reporting to you live from Liverpool airport, England. Alpha female, Jessica Laurence, who now goes by Jessica Baker, has been seen talking about her soon-to-be-ex husband's affair. Take a look."  

"I had come home from a meeting a little earlier than I was supposed to, and I found his clothes, as well as another females, strung across the house. I eventually found him in our guest bedroom, a room I never entered. There was another woman in there, and it became obvious where he had been all the time. When I uh, broke our bond, he had confessed to sleeping with another woman, and several, in fact. I couldn't take it, and........ I left." 

"Jessica," Continued the news reporter. "Says that Alpha Brandon Laurence, was the one to blame, and her new circle of friends, helped her over come her state of sadness. Take a look at the rest of our footage." 

Jessica was in the same spot as last time, her perfect brown curls falling around her shoulders. Dozens of passerby's watched as she relived the tale, yet she was completely oblivious.  

"After I had seen him, with the other woman, I went to our bedroom and packed my things. I realized later that he had picked up the clothes so that I hadn't noticed, and taken a shower so that I couldn't smell the other female. But I could. I guess I could always smell the other female's scent on him, I just didn't want to believe it. So, that morning after that, I slit my wrists, seperated our souls, and left the bastard." 

"Well there you have it folks! Jessica Baker, has officially left Brandon! Not only that, but I smell a new romance going on. Is it possible for Jessica Baker, to move onto a new love? Twenty-four hours after her split?" 

Footage of Jessica holding hands with a tall black-haired guy covered the screen, and I felt my anger come back.  

She had moved on! While I'm stuck here mourning over her? What about everything that's happened between us? 

Deciding he needed to talk to her, Brandon dialed *67, before hitting  Jessica's number. 

"Hello?" Her voice caused my hands to start sweating, and my voice wouldn't work. 

"Hello? Is anyone there?" When I didn't answer, I could tell she was getting irritated. 

"I'm hanging up." 

"NO!" 

"Brandon!?" 

"Yeah Jessica, it's me." 

"I don't want to talk to you." 

"Just, give me a minute. Let me talk to you." After a long pause of silence, Jessica finally answered.

"You have one minute." 

"Jessica, I'm sorry. I don't know what I was doing. And yeah, it was terrible, and I deserve everything you're going to do to me, but please, just, come back home. We miss you." 

"Well, I miss your family too." 

"Jessica, just, know that I love you. And that I want you back home." 

"Well.........." 

'Who's that babe?' Brandon's anger hit him in a wave, and he shouted into the phone before before he knew what he was doing. 

"Who the hell is that?!"ÿ 

"Well, Brandon, this is Trent. He's a new friend of mine, and so is Austin." 

"So now you're whoring around?"  

"Wow Brandon, you're so one to talk." 

"No man will-" 

'Trent, no. No! You're not- stop it!' Laughter could be heard from the other end, as Brandon's jealousy spiked. 

"Hey." A new voice came over the phone, which caused Brandon to growl. 

"Who the hell is this?"  

"Well. This is Trent. I'm your girls new guy." 

'No you are not Trent!' 

"Oh be quiet......... babe." 

"Listen here pal," Brandon threatened. "You stay away from my girl." 

"Oh, I intend to get VERY close to your girl. Wish me luck!"  

"You so much as-" Brandon was cut off when a click sounded on the other end, which caused him to throw his head against the desk. At this, his family busted into laughter, screaming 'I told you so.' 

"Shut up!" 

His family just smirked, and he felt his anger cloud even more. He would get Jessica back. 

Even if it killed him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.1M 274K 31
Sophia hasn't had the best life so far. In fact, that would be an understatement. However, it seems like rainbows and bunnies compared to what her al...
28.6M 878K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...
37M 1.4M 144
"My dad sold me to a pack of werewolves to settle his gambling debt." ❀ "I'm going to count to three," Logan growls. He doesn't have to say the rest...
2.4M 57.9K 200
I'm a new grad human in huge debt, and cheated by my Omega boyfriend. When I got wasted in a bar, I didn't expect to have the best sex ever. And the...