house of cards » bts jimin «

By WithYourHope

"Don't let us fall apart." A short story starring Park Jimin of Bangtan Boys. More

Prologue

1

1K 41 25
By WithYourHope

a/n: wattpad kept deleting some of the paragraphs so it took quite a while to finish this. i still can't get over the fact that my writing is so bad.

part 1/5: the beginning (1,750 words)

"what about you?"

-

This.. is how our story started.. and, also, ended.

Jiyul's POV

"Lee. Ji. YUUUUUUUUL!"

I turned around, as well as some students, eyes wide at the person who just called me. My mind relaxed when I realised that it was my bestfriend, Taehyung, the one calling me. I smiled and waved at him as he approaches closer to me, his eyes bright and cheery, and his lips was stretched into his infamous rectangular smile. His hair bounces as he came to a halt infront of me, slightly exhausted and panting from the run that he just did a moment ago.

"What is it?" I asked him, trying to hold back a chuckle as he holds up his hand while the other rests on his knees. I patiently tapped my shoes on the floor as he finally catches his breath.

"Are you busy next week?" He said, his eyes wide and head slightly crooked to the side. I pursed my lips and put my thinking face on. He was watching me, every small movements that I do as I shake my head 'no'.

"Why?" I questioned, eyeing him suspiciously as he sheepishly giggle and rubbed the back of his neck.

"A friend of mine from Busan will be stopping by here to visit so," He pauses as he clasps both of his hands together and looked at me with his 'puppy' eyes. "I was hoping that I could introduce you guys to each other?"

"Is this one of your pranks again, Taehyung?" I said to him, my tone had a hint of doubtness and I eyed him, once again, suspiciously.

Having Taehyung as your bestfriend was pure torturous. Yes, he's fun to be with but sometimes he plays a prank on you at unexpected times. Don't get fooled by this guy's handsome face at first glance, he's not one of those 'mr-cold-yet-popular' guys that you read in the books. Trust me. Even so, at the end of the day, he is still my bestfriend.

"Noo! This is for real!" He whines and pouts, his expression now sad. He points his finger at me and says, "You're no fun."

"I'm just making sure." I chuckled as he pushes me in a childish manner, still pouting at me. I grinned and pinched his left cheek, emitting another whine from him, "Sorry, Taehyung-ah."

"Stop treating me like a baby, Jiyul." He deadpans.

"Alright alright," I said, placing one hand in the air while the other held the books securely against my side. "so when and where?"

"I'll text it to you later. You better show up, don't embarass me infront of him." And with that, he turns around and ran through the corridor again when he heard one of his friends calling his name.

I just smirked alittle, shaking my head and, also, turned around, dragging my feet that leads outside the school building.

"Should I? Or should I not." I murmur to myself when I felt my phone vibrate on my pocket, indicating that I received a text message. Must be from Taehyung. Or my father. Either of the two.

-

"That's better." I murmur and yawned as I get into my signature position on the floor. I flip through the channels with one hand while the other is squeezed inbetween my thighs.

My eyes scanning the shows, none were sparking my interest to watch them. I prefer to read a book, but I have no choice since I've read all of the books that I possess. I groaned and turned the television off, throwing the remote somewhere else.

I looked at the clock hanging inbetween the small space of the bookshelves.

Time to meet Taehyung's friend, I guess.

I'm not that much of an extrovert, so communicating with people is aways a problem with me. Taehyung, though, is the opposite of me, he literally befriends anyone who he sees.

And I always wonder how on Earth did me and him became bestfriends.

"Eomma! I'm going to Tae's house!" I hollered, slipping my shoes on as I push the front door open and went out. The cold winter breeze hitting my face, I continued on and crossed the street.

"Hello?" I said upon entering Taehyung's house, I took off my shoes and stepped on the cold wooden floor. "Taehyung-ah."

He's not even responding.

I can hear a faint sound of the shower running in the bathroom. I shrugged my shoulders down and took a seat in the sofa in their living room.

No, I'm not trespassing. I've been going to Taehyung's home since I was a kid. Same applies to him at my home.

A few minutes passed as I began to get bored, the shower could still be faintly heard. I let out a heavy breath, puffing my cheeks and lied down on the couch. My feet lazily dangling off to the side.

I unlocked my phone, hoping to find something entertaining so that I won't get bored and walk out of the house. I timidly tapped my fingers on the screen as I play piano tiles. Not caring on how loud the sound is.

Where are his parents anyways? His mom always greets me whenever I come here.

I snapped out of my trance when I heard a door being pushed open.

"It's about time you finish showering, Tae-" I stopped on my sentence when I saw a different person standing in the hallway. Wearing nothing but a towel around his waist. I felt my cheeks heat up as I swallow the lump growing in my throat. My eyes staring at his face then slowly going down. He, too, was staring at me with wide eyes, his expression held a mixture of confusion and fear.

I clamped a hand to my mouth as I analysed the situation I'm in right now.

"Aaaah!"

-

"Ow ow ow!" Taehyung shouts in pain as I repeatedly hit him in the shoulders. "I didn't knooow!"

"Uuugh! I hate you so much right now!" I groaned, suddenly feeling embarassed upon remembering the situation again from earlier. I rested both of my elbows on my legs and buried my face on my palms. "I have seen what can't be seen."

And, I get embarassed instead.

Taehyung chuckled deeply at my statement as we heard footsteps coming towards us. I groaned again before lifting my head up, only to face Jimin kneeling infront of me to my height. His breath fanning over my lips. My breathe hitched at my throat as my eyes stared at his pink lips that is slightly parted. My heart beating much more faster than usual.

"Whoa, that's a bit too close there dude." Taehyung stated and pulled Jimin away, by grabbing the collar of his jacket, creating a distance inbetween us. I sighed in relief and silently thanked my bestfriend from saving me.

"So Jimin meet Lee Jiyul, my bestfriend since we were kids. And Jiyul meet Park Jimin, my friend." Taehyung says, breaking the thin ice of silence that surrounded us earlier. Jimin smiled and held out a hand to me.

"Nice to meet you, Jiyul-ssi." He spoke, the tone of voice is a biiiit higher than Taehyung's.

I smiled back - nervously mind you - and shook his hand, "Nice to meet you too, Jimin-ssi."

"I'll cook us some-"

"No! I'll do it!" I quickly cut Taehyung off, too traumatized from his past cookings. "Just sit there and relax."

Taehyung threw a nasty glare at me and crossed his arms, sitting back on the couch. "You meanie.." He says, pouting angrily as I giggled.

"Cute." Jimin murmurs, I averted my attention to him as he slightly smiles and looks from a different direction, purposely avoiding my gaze. I just ignored him and went to the kitchen.

"Where are your parents by the way?" I yelled loud enough to reach the living room. I frowned when he didn't responded.

"Taehyung's parent went out with mine, along with my younger brother." Jimin suddenly uttered behind me as I gasped and flinched. He laughs and leans against the kitchen counter. "Sorry."

"It's alright.." I whispered.

Awkwardness seemed to fill the air, I shifted my feet uncomfortably. Unable to find the courage to look at him.

"You have a younger brother?" I decided to bring that topic up just to avoid the awkward atmosphere.

He nodded smiling endearingly, "Yeah, his name's Jungkook. A cutie I must say," He chuckles, his eyes scrunching up to form a crescent shape. His smile stays, propping his elbow up on the surface of the counter and placed his chin on the palm of his hand, "What about you?"

"Oh me? I'm the only child in my family." I told him.

An hour passed by, and all we did was talk about ourselves. He's actually a nice guy, abit insecure on his appearance. He's the same age with me and Taehyung, meaning that I won't be calling him 'oppa' - which I totally feel uncomfortable doing so. And turns out that his family are staying here in my hometown to celebrate Christmas.

"How was the view earlier?" Jimin asks out of the blue, placing the breakfast in the dining table.

"Yah!" I shout, my ears turning red from him. "Don't bring that up!"

I take it back.

"Seriously, I know you enjoyed it." He teased making me even more redder than ever. I was about to open my mouth when he traps me inbetween the fridge. "So? Are you gonna answer me, sweetheart?"

I was taken aback from his sudden change of personality. My mind going blank from the petname that he called me. He can't be joking around with me right now.

What are you doing right now, Jiyul?! Snap out of it!

I shook my head and used my finger to push him off of me.

"You're not my style, Jimin."

-

"Stop bothering me!" I shouted, no one at particular as I groan and discarded my phone somewhere in my room. Jimin has been texting me for the past three days. Asking me to talk to him and whatnot.

My expression changes, remembering the last words that I said to him at Taehyung's house.

"You're not my style, Jimin."

Why did I lie about it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 6.5K 45
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024
267K 6.3K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
1.6M 52.7K 67
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
123K 3.7K 27
a paige bueckers story.