Runaway | August Alsina

By AkiraMiCole

Meet Aoki Lee Alsina , unknown daughter of August Alsina and Rayuana Aleyce but child of the foster system. ~... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.

22.

5.3K 310 176
By AkiraMiCole

Plz excuse any mistakes :)

A I K O

"Hey it's me, I just wanted to let you know I'm making progress. My dad has me in therapy and stuff." I chuckled.

There was pause before I spoke again but the phone cut me off, letting me my message had been sent. I hung the phone up and looked at Brenda, Jelena, and Justin on the computer screen.

"No answer?" Jelena asked pouting.

I shook my head and shrugged. "Girl fuck his raggedy crusty ass. You know what you need t-"

Brenda cleared her throat and gave Justin the eye. He held his hand to his chest. "My bad."

"I'm sure he'll come around Aiko, when he's ready." Brenda said.

"Yeah babes." Jelena said co signing.

"So what y'all doing?" I asked throwing my phone to the side.

For me that was my last time calling Jaxon. He confessed his love for me so I didn't understand why we couldn't talk or see each other.

"Bitch bored ass hell. My mama got me watching her bad ass kids. I'm swear I'm bout to push they ass off our raggedy ass balcony." Justin complained, rubbing his temples.

We all made the same face at him. "Don't make me call child protection services." Jelena joked.

"Bitch call em. They can come get all they bad asses."

"Justin stop. You know you love your brothers and sisters." Brenda spoke.

"You know you right. Let me stop being mean. They deserve a nice place to go. What's the pound number." He said busting out laughing.

I shook my head, cracking a smile. Justin was the comedian of the group, he always knew how to cheer us up. He laughed at life instead of taking it serious.

"Anyways it's time to go back to school. Are you coming back?" Jelena asked.

"No."

Her smile turned into a frown. "I was hoping."

"I'm doing homeschool."

They all scrunched their faces. "What the hell. Y'all hold on." Justin said.

I was about to say something when we heard him yelling at his siblings. It got funny once they start cussing back at him. "See I'm glad my mama thought I was enough." Jelena said.

"Wait so is your dad or mom going to be your teacher?" Brenda questioned.

"Noo." I stated immediately.

"Ima text y'all I got to go. Y'all pray for me." Justin said ending his chat.

We laughed

"I met my "aunt" yesterday." I said.

"Do tell." Brenda said and we started talking about different issues that was going on in our lives.

I missed talking to my friends about nothing. We were getting older by the days and moments like this were priceless.

Brenda was in NewYork and to my knowledge it was pretty ok. She was placed with different foster parents. After everything was brought to the light about Mrs. Taylor and her husband the law was building a case against him.

They only knew about Brenda and some other girls situations. I haven't come worth and I don't think I want to with all that's going on now.

After Skype'n with Jelena and Brenda I got ready for my afternoon session with Dr. Alissa. Walking out my room the house was quiet as usual. The only thing that could be heard was my fish tank which was in my room.

My dad was waiting by the door when I came down. He looked sad which changed my mood. "I'm ready."

"You got everythin', da' lah' book too?" He laughed trying to lighten the mood.

I half smiled and nodded. "Yep got it." I patted my bag.

"Aight' let's roll." He said.

I stood with my dad in front of Dr. Alissa door. I turned the knob but stopped. "I want you to come with me today."

He raised his eyebrows and poked the inside of his cheek with his tongue. "You sure?"

"I'm sure."

"Afta' you." He said as I opened the door.

Dr. Alissa looked up from her desk and smiled. "Joining us today Mr. Alsina?"

"Dat's the plan." He chuckled shaking her hand.

We all sat down, Dr. Alissa across from us and we started the session. I left ten minutes early so my dad and Dr. Alissa could have a one on one moment.

I got thirsty so I went to the vending machine. Thinking I was going to get something, I rolled my eyes. I didn't have my wallet and I didn't want to disturb my dad and stuff.

I closed my bag and turned around, bumping into someone. "Chris?"

"Aiko."

I didn't know what to say so I just stared. "Haven't seen you in a while. What's up?"

"Nothing really. I see you're okay."

"Yeah. I'm all good." He grinned.

I nodded. "See you around." I said walking away but he stopped me.

"I think you dropped this." He said handing me a five dollar bill.

Confusion was written over my face. I swear I thought I didn't have any money. "Thanks." I trailed.

"No problem."

I attempted to walk away again but he stop me. "Aren't you going to get something?" He smirked.

"Right." I said turning on my heels.

I could feel him staring which made me uncomfortable. After getting my water he held his hand out. "My change."

"What." I said before it clicked.

I knew I didn't drop anything. I held the money out but he refused. "I'm playing, keep it. Plenty where that came from."

I rolled my eyes in my head. Was he trying to impress me cause it wasn't working. There was nothing he could give me that my dad couldn't. Even if I didn't have my dad, it still wouldn't impress me.

"I bet."

"What you doing here though?" He asked.

"Aye man we gotta ride." Another guy spoke, coming up to Chris.

I looked at him while he did the same. "I'll catch you later." Chris said, catching my attention.

"Yeah." I waved.

"Baby girl can have the world." I heard the guy say as I walked away.

I rolled my eyes. Going back to my dad. He was coming out once I got there. He looked like he'd been crying and I grew worried. "Dad, are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. I actually feel a lah better." He smiled.

"Told you." I smiled, relating.

He slid his expensive shades on and wrapped his arm around me. "Whea' we goin' next?"

I smiled as we walked out the building. Maybe I will be taking him with me for now on. Everything now was perfect, but it was just for the moment.

O M N I S C E N T

Raya, August, Izumi, and Aiko sat in silence as Raya gathered her words. She called them all to the living room to talk.

Neither August or Aiko knew where this conversation was going and they had no no clue it would end badly.

"I don't know how to say this." Raya said lowly.

Izumi rolled her eyes and sighed. Aiko glanced at Izumi before she redirected her attention back to her mother.

"I know I haven't been the best parent to you Aiko. I know I haven't been trying and I apologize." Raya said looking at Aiko.

To Aiko it was the same story and she was tired of hearing it. She didn't understand how one person could make so many excuses for the same thing.

Aiko simply nodded and looked at Raya. Raya turned to August and grabbed his hand. "I'm sorry." She whispered.

August face crumbled as he tried to look Raya in the eyes, but she couldn't look him in his eyes. Her eyes watered over and she looked up.

"When I told you I didn't know about Aiko's heart condition I lied." August pulled his hands back and shook his head.

"August please. I didn-" August held his hand up and looked at Raya.

He was beyond hurt, more importantly disappointed. He already felt badly he wasn't there for Aiko during that time, but to learn the woman he loves walked away in their daughters time of need was a different feeling for him.

Aiko silently got up and excused herself. She forgave her mother for a lot of things, but she didn't know if she could do the same this time.

Izumi followed Aiko and gently grabbed her. Aiko abruptly snatched away and stared at Izumi. "What?"

"Hey I'm not your enemy." Izumi said defending herself.

"Did you know?" Aiko asked.

Izumi nodded and folded her arms. "Then you are my enemy. You could've said something then." Aiko said wiping her face.

Izumi felt bad for Aiko. "Hey, it wasn't my place to go telling the world. I know how you feel believe me."

"No you don't! You don't care about me. You don't even care about your own sister. I feel really bad for you two. To think I'm the one who needs help." Aiko sniffled walking away.

Izumi stood there taken back. Never in a million years she would've thought a sixteen year old would put her in a place.

All that was replaced by the shattering of glass. She rushed back into the living room and her eyes widened.

Raya was gasping for air as August held a firm grip around her neck. He wasn't trying to kill her but he was fed up with her.

Izumi ran to her sister aid and pulled August away from her. "Get the hell out my house." August gritted as Raya cried on the ground.

Raya was speechless.  Literally. She held her neck and Izumi helped her up. While Izumi was trying to comfort Aiko, Raya was begging for forgiveness and throwing different excuses at August. 

Raya tried to pull August back but anger took over. He knew better and was sorry but he wouldn't tell Raya that. At least not right now. 

Izumi and Raya left. To Raya, it felt her life was spinning out of control and she couldn't get a grip. As they drove further away from the house Raya had calmed down.

They ended up at Izumi's home and neither of them said anything as they sat in the driveway. "Raya."

"I hate you and I wish you weren't my sister." Those words stung Izumi but she would never tell Raya that.

"Well at least we agree on one thing." Izumi said getting out the car.

She slammed the door and left Raya behind. Shortly after Raya had gotten out the car and went inside Izumi's home.

She didn't bother to look around. Instead she followed Izumi's voice to the living room. She looked at Deshawn and Desmond before turning to Izumi.

"Upstairs, second door on your left." Raya nodded and went upstairs to the guest room.

She went straight to the shower and got in. Instantly she broke down as she slid down the wall. She knew August was done with her and it was over.

At one point she knew she had it all, but it didn't mean anything since she didn't have August. She knew she should've been there for her family. She pushed them away and now she had nothing.

Back at the house August was dealing with his emotions. He didn't rely on alcohol or weed this time, he just let everything out and cried. For today's events, for past events, for anything in his life that was messed up.

In his mind he was done with Raya. He was going to focus on himself and Aiko. She still needed someone and he promised her if anyone didn't care about her it would always be him.

Down the hall Aiko laid in her bed listening to music as the tears ran down her face. By now she figured she would never get that mother - daughter bond. All hope was down the drain, but she was grateful she had a father who would go to the ends of the earth for her.

Just as she thought her day couldn't get any worse, her phone chimed. She clicked on the video of Jaxon kissing another girl.

It was sent anonymously so Aiko couldn't pin the source. She simply turned her phone off and turned the volume of the music up and cried herself into a deep slumber.

.
.
.
.
A/n

Kinda short, but going to speed the story up next few chapters..

~Kira

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

703 221 13
🏅 ONC 2021 || Longlister 🏅 Added to Round One Ambassador's Pick List How would you react if the elevator in your workplace took you to a differen...
79.6K 736 59
Stacey is 15 turning 16 when she discovers a secret that turns her life around. She is forced to move from sunny California to Houston,Texas. She doe...
113K 1.2K 25
When the savage life meets modern day mindlessness........
35.6K 495 16
What will bella do when the man that say he loves her leaves her and then she gets pregnant and.....the man that has alwys loved her jake want to ma...