An Assassin's Trust [Watty Aw...

By alybby1

Jade Willingston is in search of the man that raised her, the man who taught her everything she knows, the fi... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Excuses are for losers, so I'm sorry.
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Fourteen

435 23 11
By alybby1

Remember when I told you guys that I was going to finish this book this summer? Hahahaha. That was a really good fucking joke wasn't it. In all seriousness though, I'm sorry. I should be done with this book by now, I've been writing for over a year and I'm only on chapter fourteen. :( It's just hard you know? 

I'm going back to college on Monday and I know that I won't be able to update much this year but I will do my best. Before I left, I wanted to give you guys this chapter. It's dedicated to all of my readers that are still with me. I love you all and please stay with me. I WILL FINISH THIS BOOK.

So here is Chapter Fourteen of An Assassin's Trust, Enjoy! :)

“I’m going to take a quick shower, Jade can I trust that you’ll be sitting there once I return?” Sam asked, but it didn’t sound that much like a question, it sounded like more of a statement. He wasn’t messing around this time.

      “I can’t make any promises,” I replied. There was no way that I wouldn’t take the opportunity to make a break for it the minute he left. I had to find Andrew. Sam glared at me from his seat.

      “Don’t worry; I’ll make sure she stays put.” Julian smiled. This made Sam glare even harder. I don’t think he liked the idea of Julian making me do anything but he got up anyway and went to the loo. As soon as Sam turned the corner and I heard the bathroom lock click into place, I leapt up from my seat with my eyes trained on the front door.

      “Ah, ah, ah, not so fast there my little escapee. I meant what I said about making sure you stayed put. There are things we have to discuss.” Julian said. He was across the table and in front of me in the blink of an eye. I placed a hand at my waist and cocked my hip, sending him hard glare.

      “Julian get the fuck out of my way.” I growled out. No one was keeping me from finding Andrew or my father. I’ve been searching for three years and this was the best lead that I could have ever dreamed of getting. If I had to restrain Julian myself so that I could leave, then I would. By any means necessary, I would.

Almost as if he sensed that he was going to be attacked, Julian quickly reached out and landed a quick punch to my injured shoulder. I bit my bottom lip to muffle the scream from leaving my mouth as the pain coursed through my entire arm. His punch wasn’t that hard but it sure did what it was supposed to do.

      “I know that look in your eyes Jade, it’s the look when you’re about to do something completely irrational. You’re clearly not going to get very far with that injury, so spill it hothead.” Julian leaned against the counter top waiting for me to speak up. I could tell by the expression on his face that he wasn’t really playing around. In the past I’ve made very rash decisions, that he greatly disapproved of and although I always got the job done, I usually found that Julian’s way probably would have been a bit more beneficial to my well-being. So with a sigh I pulled out the card that I picked up at the warehouse and quickly told him everything.

I told him that I believed that I saw Andrew on my mission yesterday, that he fit the description perfectly. I told him about the ‘you’re late’ comment that left the man’s lips, right before he fell back into the window and seemed to vanish with the wind. I told him how for the first time in 3 years I wasn’t actually the one to take out the target, to complete the mission, and I as I said it out loud I realized that fact bothered me quite a lot. I finally told him that I was going to go down to that fake pharmaceutical company, kill everyone there-- including Andrew-- and get my fucking father back. By the time I finished explaining everything to Julian I was slightly out of breath.

      “Do you understand now? So if you’d just excuse me…” I tried to move past him, but he was too quick.

      “Jade did you not hear anything I said before about your arm or do I need to punch you again? You aren’t in a good a good mindset or physical state to go down there. Have you ever stopped for a minute to think that all this could be a trap? Who accidentally leaves a business card with their name and address on it after they’ve killed someone? He wanted you to find it Jade, he knew that you would be too angry to think it through. Then he’d have you right where he wanted you.” Julian tried reasoning with me.

I paused for a minute, the questions slapping me in the face. The thought actually never did cross my mind; I really could have been stupidly walking into something horrible. That made me even angrier, to know that this man knew me well enough to set this entire thing up, yet I still knew very little about him. Rationality was beginning to come back to my brain but it quickly dispersed when I remembered that I didn’t care if it was a trap or not. That it didn’t matter what kind of killers or weapons he had waiting for me, I’d stop them all. I’d do anything to save my father; I wasn’t going to just sit here and do nothing.

      “But—”

      “But nothing,” Julian interrupted. “Let me look into this for you. I’ll gain some intel so you’re not walking in blind. Give me a couple weeks Jade, in two weeks I’ll let you go down there and shoot up the place. For now just stay here and heal that arm up okay? Please Jade.” Julian grabbed a strand of my red hair that had fallen loose from my pony tail.

I thought deeply about what he said and conceded that he was right. I needed to go down there at my strongest and this arm would just get in the way. Feeling defeated for about the millionth time that day I slumped back down onto my stool. Julian was still twirling my hair around his finger when Sam came back from around the corner. His blond hair was still slightly wet from his shower and he paused for a second when he saw Julian so close to me, touching me. I thought he was going to say something about it but he just rolled his eyes and sat back in his seat.

      “Well you kept your word man, I’ll give you that. I really didn’t expect to see her still sitting here.” Sam directed to Julian. He looked at him with a much softer gaze, maybe that shower did him some good.

      “Yeah mate, it wasn’t easy though. Trust me.” Julian chuckled and removed his hand from my hair.

      “I can imagine; she’s always trying to run away and shit. There was this one time when we were kids, we were at this antique’s store and I accidentally knocked over this really cool chair that probably cost more than my house. She quickly turned to me, mapped out all of our escape routes, and identified all of the exit points without even looking around the store. It was totally weird back then. I was just like ‘Jade, chill’ and picked the chair up.” Sam laughed as he took a trip down memory lane and Julian laughed right along with him.

So yeah I may have been a little uptight and dramatic back then but, I was an assassin in training. Not to mention that chair was super expensive and neither of us had the funds to cover it.

      “That’s sounds like classic Jade; there was this one time—”

      “Bloody hell, you guys are talking about me and making fun of me while I’m sitting right here!” I shouted, starting to get fed up with the pair of them. When the hell did these two even become lads? I’m not sure if I liked it better when they were fighting or not.

      “Sorry Red,” Sam chuckled, not looking the least bit remorseful. I shook my head and childishly stuck my tongue out at him. He just smiled at me with those blue eyes of his completely lit up. He was almost distracting how good looking that boy was, never before would I have noticed his eyes lighting up. I sounded like a mushy fucktard. I broke his gaze and turned my attention toward the other good looking idiot sitting next to me.

      “Julian it was nice of you to drop by and all but you’re free to leave now. Oh and please… don’t keep in touch.” I smiled condescendingly at him. I think he’s annoyed me enough today for the rest of my life. I appreciated him, but I didn’t have to like him.

      “Oh love, I wish I only came here to show my sexy face,” Julian winked. “But this visit was mainly for business, not pleasure. Although I’m more than willing to pleasure you any time you want, all you have to do is ask.” He smirked. The thought of Julian being anything but a sharp pain in my arse made me want to laugh.

      “Yeah, you fucking wish.” Sam and I both said at the same time. We occasionally tended to say the same things at the same time; it’s a curse you get from spending every day of your life with someone. Those three years that we’ve been apart clearly hadn’t changed a thing but I knew it was weird to other people by the look Julian was giving us.

      “So what are you doing here then?” I finally asked him. What business could he be here for? Nothing that required him to show up at my house, I can promise you of that. My house used to be quiet, belonging only to me and my various weapons, now it seems to be constantly filled with idiots.

      “Well guess who your next partner is…” Julian grinned. What was he getting at… oh no.

      “No, no, no. For fuck sake no!” I argued. There was no way in hell that I was working with Julian. I’d rather work with Ellie every day of my life, in an office, filing papers; at least she doesn’t fucking hit on me every few minutes like this creep. Why does my so called “Boss” keep giving me partners? I don’t need them; I can do this shit on my own. True assassins work on their own, not with partners or in groups. I swear we were one step away from being One Direction. All we needed was some music.

      “Well boss man seems to think that you’ll need my expertise on this one. So yes Jade, we will be working together.”

      “What expertise?? I’m better than you at pretty much everything.” I shot back. Julian was a fast, stealthy, and smart assassin. He used all of his resources and tactfully took out his targets. My style was a little bit different than his; it was faster, stealthier, and just all around better.

      “Ha! Okay Jade, keep telling yourself that. Do I have to remind you of the multiple times that I’ve saved your life because you can never think things through?” Julian asked. He always liked to bring up old shit, I swear.

      “You’ve only saved my life once! The other times you only think that you saved my life, but truthfully I had everything under control. You always try to be in charge of everything, that’s why there is no way in hell that I can work with you.” I replied, getting in his face. I could tell that he was about to come back with a rebuttal and he would have too, but assuming Sam was tired of hearing us play a game of ‘who’s a better killer?’, he finally spoke up.

      “Oi! Would both of you just shut up. I’ve been trying to get a damn word in for the last few minutes.” Sam yelled. I didn’t notice he was trying to say something that entire time. Do you see what Julian does? He drives me crazy to the point where I can’t focus on my surroundings. Paired with his obsession of bombarding me with dirty jokes and sexual innuendos, we would get slaughtered on the field.

      “What were you saying Sam?” I turned to face him. He took a deep breath and placed his hands on the kitchen counter, as if he were bracing for battle.

      “I want in on this mission.” he firmly stated. He did not just say that, was he trying to make me implode. He knew what the deal was; no getting wrapped up in this lifestyle and he could stay.

      “Are you fucking kidding me Sam? No, hell no!” I responded fiercely. There was no way I was letting him come on a job with me, over my dead body. He could play some video games and still get the same fucking thrill.

      “Jade just listen to me for a second, alright? You were fucking shot on your last mission; I can’t just sit around and watch you get hurt. I won’t do it.” Sam explained to me. I didn’t care if I got hurt or not, all I cared about was his safety. I’d never forgive myself if something happened to him.

      “Do you not get it? These are trained killers that we go up against. You’re few karate classes and boxing lessons are not going to help you much. Never mind me getting hurt, you will die Sam. I can’t let that happen.” I couldn’t lose anybody else, especially not my best friend.

      “It was more than a few karate and boxing lessons, Red. Besides since you left I took more classes. You don’t get this by lounging around on the couch all day.” Sam leaned back and lifted up his t-shirt to reveal a well-toned six pack. Whoa, I definitely was not expecting that. Maybe that’s why he looked a bit different to me, it was the added muscle.

I held my gaze on his chest a beat longer than necessary. Yep, it was definitely the added muscle that caused the slight attraction to him that I was feeling at that moment; and the added testosterone, we can’t forget about good old testosterone. Mix all that in with my female hormones and there you go. It was all chemical bullshit, definitely. I knew for a fact that Ellie would have probably started panting and proceed to fan herself if she were looking at Sam’s abs, I took pride in the fact that I had a bit more self-control than she did.

      “Sam that’s nice and all but abs are not going to protect you from trained assassins and thugs.” I finally responded. He had to understand where I was coming from. His safety was way more important than mine.

      “Then train me! Teach me everything I need to know to stay alive and I’ll be fine.” Sam pleaded with me. Damn, I didn’t really have a response for that. I didn’t know what to say, but I still couldn’t have him involved in this lifestyle. It wasn’t just that I was afraid that he’d get hurt, I was also afraid that it would change him. Make my lovable Sam, cold and hard. I didn’t want that.

      “Um, I can’t train you, because… because of my injury! Yeah, that’s it. There’s no way I can heal in time for the next mission and train you at the same time. It just isn’t possible.” I tried putting a sad/disappointed mask on my face. These tossers already thought I couldn’t handle a little flesh wound, so I was going to milk this shit for everything it was worth. It was the perfect excuse.

      “I’ll do it,” Julian added. I had almost forgotten he was sitting there. Almost.

      “What?” I turned to him, trying to send him a message using my eyes, but he wasn’t picking up on it. Why did he always have to ruin everything?

      “Yeah I have no problem training the bloke; it’ll be fun to rough him up a bit. Say, have you ever been shot before?” Julian smirked, probably trying to scare Sam but from the look on his face, it didn’t really work.

      “No but that would be awesome! Thanks mate.” Sam grinned, happy that someone was going to show him the ropes.

      “Great, it’s not going to be easy though. I’ll be here every morning at 6 am and you better be up and ready to go.” Julian picked up an apple from the fruit basket next to him and took a bite. How dare he come into my house, basically kill my best friend, and eat my damn fruit.

      “Hold on! I never agreed to any of this.” I shouted. Sam becoming a trained assassin and coming on missions with me? Julian showing up here, every fucking day? Hell no.

      “Oh chill out Jade, we need someone to drive the getaway car anyway. I was going to ask that hot friend of yours but this works perfectly.” Julian smiled and took another bite of his-- my apple.

      “Wait, getaway car? But I want to fight people and shoot guns and blow shit up?” Sam whined. He really could get all of that from the video games that he plays.

      “In time young grasshopper, the mission Jade and I are going on is in two weeks. That’s not enough time to get you fully trained my friend.” Julian pointed out and Sam nodded in agreement. What the hell? Okay I definitely liked it better when these two weren’t getting along. I had to put a stop to this right now. I knew that I was being stubborn, but I just couldn’t help it.

      “Red, I know what you’re thinking, but don’t worry. I can do this, okay? I want to do this, so stop trying to protect everyone and just let me into your life. I only want to help.” Sam said. I could tell from the tone of his voice and the expression on his face that he wasn’t ever going to back down from this. I could also tell that he wasn’t going to go back home either. I sighed once again; this day was just full of defeat.

      “Fine, but you’re only driving the getaway car. You’re not coming in, you’re not fighting anyone, and you’re certainly not blowing anything up, understand?” I had to outline everything, it made me feel like I actually had a some say in this.

      “Yes, thank you!” Sam rushed around the kitchen island and hugged me tight, completely forgetting about my injury.

      “Ah! My arm!” I screamed out in pain. Sam quickly released me from his hold and stepped back as I held my arm.

      “Fuck! Jade I’m so sorry, I completely forgot.” He apologized profusely. I had my head down to add to the dramatics of it all and then finally let out a small sniffle. When I saw him take a step closer to console me, I knew that I had him. Using my good arm, I landed a hard punch to his showy six-pack. He keeled over in pain and just like I thought, it really did nothing to protect him. I crouched down to his level and put my mouth next to his ear.

      “First lesson of being an assassin babe; trust no one.” I whispered in his ear. I stood up straight and allowed a smile to creep onto my face. I was good at this; I could become a teacher or something. With that I swiftly kicked Julian in the stomach and watched as he keeled over as well. I caught the unfinished apple that flung out of his hand, before it could hit the ground.

“And as for you, you should learn; my house, my food.”  I took a bite of my apple and headed towards the sitting room, leaving the two boys in pain on the kitchen floor. Yep, definitely could be a teacher. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what did you guys think? Please let me know what you think of this chapter, your feedback lets me know what I'm doing wrong and right.

Again, I hope you all stay with me during these trying times of me getting an education! Love you all so fucking much. 

Comment, vote, or just stare at it. I don't care, I'm just glad you read it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

251 3 16
"Your eyes telling me, you want me" he grabbed me. caressed my cheeks. "What are you talking about?" shivering under his touch. "Shh" he leaned in an...
8.2K 663 35
David has a huge, life-ruining, crush on Alyssa Harvard (who is only about one billion times out of his league). As if that wasn't enough of a proble...
430 44 10
Lexi's life has never been normal. Considering both her parents were secret agents, she has been on top secret missions basically all of her life. Wh...
70 4 18
There are two people. One guy and one girl. But these aren't just ordinary people. They are assassins. One is hunting down a dangerous man. To keep o...