Cross My Heart // Harry Styles

Galing kay needmoreharry

Gwen was trapped working in a restaurant kitchen by day, and made to be another type of "worker" at night, bu... Higit pa

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77

35

824 24 1
Galing kay needmoreharry

HARRY'S POV:

"You LOST, beeeeatch!" I yelled to Gwen. "Drink a shot. Do it! Now!"

Gwen had lost this hand of poker with me and Paul and Louis. They had suggested strip poker, but I had suggested....no.

They all pounded their fists on the table to cheer her on as she prepared to take her shot. She hated the stinging sensation of shots. The way it burnt her chest as it went down, and finally, the way it burned in her stomach. She had a chaser. But she sat there making pouty faces, getting up the nerve to do it. She was actually really good at poker, and usually beat us all. But this hand....she had the lowest cards, so it was her turn to take one of the 12 shots that had been on the table. After her shot, there'd only be 4 left. I think me, Lou and Paul had about equal amounts of losses. We'd have to pour more soon when Paul's girlfriend got here. It was a new girlfriend this time, but we'd already met her at Paul's flat a few times, and she was cool to hang with and got along great with Gwen. Her name was Tabby.

Of course, I had to meow to her every time I saw her, earning a few fists to my ribs. Couldn't help it. I called her Tabby cat. She told me I was soooo primary school, and sooooo unoriginal.

I told her I know.

Gwen swallowed her shot and the burning made her eyes water and her face scrunch into something I couldn't even describe, as we all laughed at her and high fived her. She did, but gave us all dirty glares meanwhile.

Paul got a text, and got up to go out and lead Tabby in, because she'd never been here before.

He nearly fell over the coffee table, and stumbled out the door. Tabby was in for a fun time with drunk Paul tonight. Not! Paul was cool when he was drunk though, so it would be all good.

Maybe two or three rounds later, I started hearing the typical banging and yelling coming from upstairs. Oh here it fucking goes again. We all looked up and cursed at the ceiling.

Gwen looked at me with a frown, and I announced that it wasn't my problem, and that I was gonna let it go this time. After all, I'm sure it happens plenty of times when I'm not here, and they always get through it somehow, right? Gwen nodded, and we continued.

But the banging became louder, and the guy upstairs yelling became more violent, and much louder.

We all tried to have fun, but it just wasn't working. Finally, when we heard a muffled "Please! Please help! Stop! Please!" clearly through the ceiling, I stood up with a frustrated breath out. "Jesus Christ....hold on lads. I'll be back in a bit", I announced, and everyone watched as I left to go upstairs.

"Be careful Harry!" Gwen said right before I closed the door behind me.

I stomped up the stairs, pis.sed off and drunk. But I knew I had to be "nice", because the guy upstairs was drunk, which was why he was being violent to his woman. Good fvcking times. Well, at least, it WAS, till this fvcking as.shole couldn't control his fvcking self. God, I wished they'd break up or move.

I hated being this woman's fvcking protector at this point. It's not like she was trapped with him. It's not like she was helpless. She COULD LEAVE his as.s. She COULD do that. And then she'd be fine. It's not like I don't like protecting someone, but only when they're in a situation they can't get out of. Or a first time or two.

But this woman KNOWS that there will be a few fights a month, when he gets drunk and violent. She KNOWS this. Yet, she stays. And it happens again. And again. And again. There's only so much care and protecting I can give someone until I realize they're not gonna do anything for themselves. So, why should I?

I got to the door, and of course, it was unlocked. I knocked first, but then opened it up and went right in. Right away I could see them both. Half under the dining room table. She must have tried to hide there, but he was on her now. She was lying under him, and he was straddling her, his fist full of a huge section of her hair, and I just caught him slap her hard when I came in.

God dam.mit, the fvcking as.shole. This wasn't going to be easy, doing this while I was drunk. I just wanted to punch the guy in his throat. How DARE he be violent towards a woman!

"Hey! Hey hey hey hey heeeyyyyy! Now come on! Stop this fvcking nonsense!" I yelled, as I tried to get over to them quickly, but everything was in the way. Sofa cushions had been pulled off and tossed around the room. There were glasses and bowls and whatever else had been available to throw was all over the floor. It was like an obstacle course, which was almost impossible for me, being so drunk.

I finally got to him, after hearing several more slaps to her face, each one with a matching scream from her, and I bent over and pulled him off. Well, I tried. He was heavy and I was drunk, so it kinda worked. I got him off of her enough that she had a chance to climb out from under him and escape.

Jocelyn, the woman got up and ran to the corner to watch me struggle with James, the man.

"James.....James, come on mate.........calm down laddy.........calm down........come on then....." I tried calming him down, but he just kept struggling in my bear hug grip around his back and arms.

"Get the FVCK OFF ME! I'll fvcking K.ILL THE WHO.RE!" he kept repeating.

Jocelyn wasn't helping as she yelled "Fvck YOU, as.shole! Get the FVCK out of here you limp di.cked co.ck svcking wanker!"

I sighed. This was a bad fight tonight.

Great.

Maybe I should've brought Paul and Lou up here with me. Stupid me.

I struggled trying to hold James down, as he tried to get up to lunge at Jocelyn.

He started trying to headbutt me now, and he got a sudden burst of rage filled strength and elbowed me in the side. "Ooooomph" that fvcking hurt. Fvcking as.shole.

Jocelyn came over now, and started smacking James all over his back and head, I suppose, trying to protect me. It wasn't working. James was only getting angrier and angrier.

Somehow, James got hold of my wrist at one point, and bent it in a not good position, then turned his attention to trying to swat at Jocelyn. I gave the fvck up. My wrist hurt like a fvcking bi.tch now. I swore it was probably broken. All I thought right away was, how am I supposed to finish my album now? You can't play guitar with a broken wrist, and it would take MONTHS to heal, I was sure of it.

Gwen had just gotten her boot off recently, and that seemed like forever.

I got myself out of the action, and of course, James lunged right at Jocelyn, and knocked her right over the back of the sofa, both of them landing where there should have been cushions to sit on. Her, on top of him.

I pulled out my phone, which luckily wasn't broken in the scuffle, and I tried to dial 999, but my right hand wasn't working well from my fvcked up wrist. Just then, two police burst in the door.

YES!!! Now I didn't have to worry about this sh.it anymore. Finally, someone else called the police. What a fvcking miracle.

They got right to work getting James off of his woman (That's what he called her. "His woman", so that's how I referred to her now, since she didn't fix her life and leave his abusive as.s.)

I went out the door, and ran into a third police man. He asked who I was and all that, and I told him, so he let me go through, and I went back downstairs to my flat.

Everyone was at the bottom of the steps now, looking up, waiting for me.

We all got back in and closed the door, and collapsed on the couch and chairs.

"Well? I guess it didn't go well?" Lou asked, and by now, Gwen was sitting on my lap hugging me.

"He was too much for me tonight. He was REALLY pissed off. Out of it. And me being totally pis.sed drunk didn't help. Someone called the police, so that's good, cause he was still attacking her when they got here. I managed to get him off of her for a few seconds, but that didn't last long.

And the fvcker bent my fvcking wrist. I think it's broken."

Gwen immediately straightened up on me and looked down at my now swollen wrist I held out.

"Harry! Are you alright? Anything else hurt? You need to go to the hospital and have that checked! Look at it! It's swollen already!" she said sounding very concerned, and then sprang from my lap to go into the kitchen.

In seconds, she was stumbling back to me with a towel filled with ice cubes. "We're out of plastic bags" she told me as she gently wrapped my wrist in the towel as best as she could. I adjusted it so the cubes weren't stabbing into me, and I smiled up at her. I liked her taking care of me. It made me feel loved and cherished. I gave her a peck, and she started to get her hoodie and grabbed mine too.

"Going somewhere?" I asked her.

"Yeah....you gotta get that checked", she said, pointing to my wrist, trying to not be slurring drunk like she was. She was so cute.

I smiled up to her.

"You gonna drive, babe? Cause I can't!"

"Um....no? But we.....gotta......" she didn't know what her plan was now. I could see the worry on her face, though.

"I can drive!" I heard in the background. I turned to look at Tabby. That's right. She'd just gotten here, and hadn't lost a round yet, so she was completely sober. Yes. Perfect.

"I'll go with, I suppose....emergency rooms take forever this time of night", Paul added in and got up to get his jacket. Tabby got up too, and started getting her sweatshirt and purse, and I stood up and walked to Gwen. "I guess I'm going to the hospital now. Pleased?"

"I am. Wait for me though, I'll just get my...." she said, but I cut her off.

"It's alright Gwen. Stay here. It'll be really boring there, and it'll take HOURS, literally. And you've spent enough time in the hospital, right?" I told her.

I really didn't want her to go. It'd make her think of her time there, and she was really drunk, and it just would suck all around, for everyone. But especially her. I could see if I was seriously hurt, but this was just my wrist. I wouldn't die. I didn't want her out in the world, drunk. She was comfortable around Lou, so....yeah.

I was sobering up, but I still couldn't think perfectly straight.

......Or walk it, either, as I found out when I got up to take my hoodie from Gwen who had it ready for me. She helped me get it on, since it's hard with one hand. She gave me a big kiss goodbye, and made sure I had my phone. She looked upset, so I reassured her I'd live, and she hugged me all the way to the door and finally let me go. I followed Paul and Tabby out, and off we went.

Great night. Nice one. Yeah. Thanks, neighbors!

GWEN'S POV:

I watched them all leave, then I turned and closed the door and looked around the room. It was so quiet now, when it had been so noisy and fun filled just a short time ago. Poker hands sat on the coffee table, along with shots left in the middle, empty shot glasses at everyone's spot, except Tabby's, and cracker crumbs everywhere else.

I just looked around the quiet, messy room.

Well, THIS night sucked!

I couldn't stop the worry in the back of my mind for Harry. His poor wrist. It looked bad. I hoped it wasn't broken or hurt too badly. He'd be really p.issed off if he couldn't play guitar. And he was in the middle of recording songs for his album.....this wasn't good. And now in a few days when I met my mother, he'd be all bandaged up and injured....it just all sucked. I began thinking of how much I resented the as.sholes upstairs. I had felt pity for the girl before, but realized that she'd done nothing to get herself out of her abusive situation, so I really couldn't pity her that much anymore. Harry had even offered her to stay here until she'd found herself somewhere to live away from her abuser. But no. "I just can't leave him" is what she always says. But they affect everyone else's lives, who are just trying to live in peace. It's a pain in the as.s, really. Last time Harry went up to help, I almost got rap.ed by an ex client. See what I mean?

I was interrupted out of my thoughts by the flushing of the toilet. I stood there perfectly still and frozen in place, until out walked Louis, as casual as can be.

"Huhhhhhh! You scared the shit out of me Lou!" I exlaimed with a huge exhale of breath, holding my chest.

"What?" Lou looked suprised at me.

"I didn't know you were still here!" I told him.

"Oh! Hahahaha.......yeP, still here!" he joked now.

"Jesus Christ....I'm dying. Look! I'm still shaking!" I said.

"Did ya think an attacker would be like.....sh.it! Gotta use the loo first! And lemme flush, ya know....to be courteous!" Louis kept joking.

"I didn't know WHAT was gong on! I'm still pretty drunk, you know. Aren't you?"

"Yeah, actually I definitely AM. Which is why I fell into the tub while I was in there....well, not all the way in. Just sorta stumbled, and my hand saved me from falling the rest of the way in. Knocked some towels down off the door handle though. Sorry 'bout that. Guess I'm not as polite as an attacker."

I started cracking up, and pushed some cards and drinks out of the way and plopped onto the couch, putting my feet up on the cleared table spot.

Louis came over and looked at the deserted mess.

"I can't believe those as.shole neighbors are STILL up there. Harry and I both used to take turns stopping their fights back when I lived here!"

"Really? She'll never leave him. She's stupid if she thinks there's nothing else out there for her. She's pretty. She could find a nice guy. Not that there's many of them out there, from what I've experienced, but....they're there, if you look hard enough, I guess. Lucky me, mine just happened to fall into my lap."

"After hitting you with the door, don't forget", Louis joked more.

"Well, yes. Ya gotta take a little abuse sometimes, I suppose", I laughed.

Louis walked around the couch and came to sit beside me.

"You really love him, don't you?" he said, putting all joking aside.

"I sure do. He's the best human man on the entire planet."

"He's the luckiest human man on the entire planet also", Lou sort of slurred out lowly, as if he wasn't sure if he wanted me to hear that or not.

"Someone that "best" deserves to be lucky, I guess. I just don't know what I did in life to deserve someone that best!" I said.

"You put in hard time Gwen. More than anyone should ever have to put in. Worse than anyone should ever have to deal with. That's what you did. You deserve someone that "best", Louis told me, while looking at me intensely.

"I guess. But putting in hard time, and doing things to deserve something are two totally different things. Ya know?"

"Well, it was your turn. You deserved something good finally", Lou smiled at me. "Just take the best and roll with it! Don't think about it. You'll end up messing it up that way."

"You're right. And that's what I do. I just go with it, and hope it's forever. But if it's not, I take every single moment that I can possibly get, and I'm thankful for every single one."

"You're a terrific girl, Gwen. That's why Harry's lucky", Louis smiled at me again, but with a bit of a frown mixed in.

I felt awkward, but touched. "Thanks Lou. I'm not that great, but....thank you."

"Don't ever worry about your luck lasting forever. I know it will. And if it doesn't, I'm pretty darn sure there'll be another great guy waiting for you."

"I don't know about that. I'd rather have no one if I couldn't have Harry. I don't think I could love anyone else. Ever."

"Not even if he was a "best" guy too?"

"Not even." I laughed and shrugged my shoulders against the couch.

Louis smiled and closed his eyes and turned his head away from me, his lips tightened into a thin line.

I thought about what we were talking about. And being drunk, it magnified my feelings like 1000 times. I thought about Harry being the best guy on the planet. Then I started to panic, like....what if something ever happened to him? I really wouldn't want anyone else, ever. I'd be alone for the rest of my life. And I'd have to miss him each and every day until my last breath. Could I do that? Could I live like that? Missing him? I was missing him right NOW, and he'd be back....soon. Then I started thinking what if that guy upstairs had seriously hurt him? I couldn't handle that......

"Gahhhh, dammit Lou....now you made me emotional!"

"What? What did I say?" he turned back to me with his eyebrows clenched and his eyes wider.

"You made me think about what if something happened to Harry, and I thought of what if something worse than just his wrist was hurt tonight....and now I want to cry!" I laughed, trying to hold in the drunken tears that were trying to come out.

"Hey......Gwen, it's alright! Harry's fine! It IS just his wrist, so you don't have to think about anything else like that!" he turned his body towards me now, and put his hand on my knee.

By now, my tears had won and were spilling out while I tried to keep my sobbing sounds in. I was embarrassed now. I was the "crying drunk" now, that Harry had told me about. He said there's one at every party at some point. Man or woman. There's always a crying drunk. Because being drunk magnifies your feelings. Now I was "that girl". And this wasn't even a party. Fvck.

"Gwen......it's ok. Shh shh shh sh.........Harry's alright. Don't be sad...." Louis took both my hands now, and pulled them so I'd turn and face him too.

"I'm sorry.....I'm drunk. I know. I'm the crying drunk girl right now. But I just......I love him so much....." I sobbed. "And I can't stand that he's hurt right now. Even just his wrist. I can't stand it. He doesn't deserve to be hurt. Ever."

"I know. I know Gwen. He doesn't. But things like this happen in life. He'll be fine in a few weeks. I promise. Stuff just......happens. To everyone. Whether you're a good person or a bad one. It's just...life, ya know? Look at you....bad things happened to you. But you were a completely innocent person. You didn't deserve that, right? It's just life. But I promise....Harry's fine." he reassured me, then pulled me into a hug to comfort me. I sobbed on his shoulder.

"I worry about you too, you know", I told Lou.

LOUIS'S POV:

"You do????" I was shocked to hear Gwen say this.

"Yeah, I do. You are the only other good guy I know on this planet. And if something bad happened to you, it would kill me. Plus, you're Harry's best friend, so that would kill HIM, which would kill ME also. Wait...." she sniffed, "did I say that right? Well, you know what I mean, anyway, right?"

"Yeah. I get it", I told her.

"Harry loves you. So much, you know Lou."

"I do know. He's my best mate. We've been through a lot together. Girlfriends, breakups, disagreements, funerals, parties.....we've been through it all together."

"So that makes you precious to me, because you're precious to Harry. Ya know? I mean, you were already precious to me, because you helped to save me. But then I finally got to meet you, and get to know you, and see what a great person you are, and you're so funny, and you make me laugh so much, and you're such an easy person to get along with....." Gwen told me as her sobs died off.

"Thank you Gwen. You don't know how good it feels to hear that. I'm so glad I could help you and the other girls. I feel good about it every time I see you, and see how happy you are. And I feel good that Harry's so happy. But remember, I didn't really do that much, I mean....."

"Yes you did. You told Harry not to make any moves, until you found stuff out. He could have died if he'd done it alone. And you took him to the correct authorities and you did all the explaining and you got the whole thing really started....and I bet, that you would have put yourself in danger too, without thinking, like Harry did. That's the kind of person you are. I can tell. You're just like Harry in a lot of ways, Lou", she explained, then did a sob hiccup on my shoulder.

I couldn't help it but hold her tighter. It was my only chance, after all. I had fallen for this girl the first time I met her. Even before, when Harry described her to me, I had fallen for her, from just his beautiful description of her. But then meeting her......seeing how right he was about her.....

And getting to know her every time I'd hang out with Harry and her...I fall for her a little more each time. She's so nice. She's so pleasant. She's never a bitch. She never goes all "bossy mom" on Harry. She's trusting, even if she doesn't think she is. She's funny. She's beautiful. She's cute. She's innocent, even though I know her and Harry have some wild times in the sack, from the little bit he's told me. He's not one to kiss and tell sometimes, but....he's a guy, and just like girls, we get a little graphic sometimes.

Gwen is everything in a woman that I'd want. But...Harry found her first. And I'd respect that forever.

But right now.....an innocent hug.....I wouldn't pass up. There was a line I wouldn't cross, and I'd know that line if it came. But I'd hug her beautiful soul as close as I could get it, for as long as I could get it. I'm not gonna lie. Besides. I know she wouldn't cross a line with me anyway, because her love for Harry is so intense. So that helps. Bro's before Hoe's after all, right? I'd never want to lose Harry because of a girl. When his girlfriend a few girlfriends ago tried for me after they broke up...I turned her down, citing "bro code". As much as she was pretty and sexy and wanting me....as much as I would have had a good time that night, and probably no one would've ever known about it....I couldn't do it. Not to Harry. He's my boy.

So yeah, I held Gwen. Tightly. My excuse? She was drunk and crying.

But also...because I felt sorry for her right now. She was sad. She was worried. She knew more than most people that life could be really fvcking sh.itty, and that scared the hell out of her that she could lose the best thing to ever set foot in her...and my life. Harry. So right now, I felt bad for her sadness. It made me sad, because I truly cared for Gwen. So my tight hug mostly was to support and reassure her. I just happened to like it more than I should, is all.

"Well, thank you for appreciating me, Gwen. It makes me happy. When I see you doing so great these days...I get so happy for you. I care about you Gwen. I really do. And I want you to know, that I'll always be here, if you ever need me. Obviously if for some reason you can't go to Harry first, I mean", I laughed awkwardly a little, "I'll be here, if you ever need someone. Ok? But right now, Harry's fine, Gwen. You can't worry about what might happen someday. Because then you'll miss what you have NOW. Right? And right NOW, you have Harry......well, hehhehe.....I mean, right now you have me here, hahaha.....but you know what I mean!"

"Thanks Lou. You're such a good friend. To Harry, but to me also", she said as she squeezed me harder now too.

"I am a good friend to Harry. Believe me, I know. I respect him more than I can tell you right now, believe me." I slipped and said.....keeping it in sort of a code that she probably won't figure out, but at the same time, saying that it's a good thing I respect Harry enough not to try and take advantage of having his drunk, crying, vulnerable girlfriend on my shoulder, who I happen to love, secretly.

"And Harry's a good friend to me. And he trusts me....." I had to stop there. I was starting to say too much. It would get nothing accomplished. Because I didn't WANT anything accomplished. So shut the hell up, Lou. Seriously.

Gwen pulled away from me, and looked up at me for a few seconds, as I died inside, being that close to her, staring into her sad eyes. For one split second, her eyes darted down to my lips, then back up. It was so quick, I don't even think she realized she did it. I think her eyes just happened to look that way. But to me, it was like slow motion, and everything in my world had stopped, as I prepared to jump in front of a speeding train for Harry, saying in slow motion, "No-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o!!!!" as I pushed him out of the way, and letting the train hit me.

That's what it would be like if her eyes would have lingered on my lips and she'd made a move towards them. It'd be like getting hit by that speeding train, just to save Harry from the ultimate heartbreak of his life, by turning Gwen down. But that's what I would do.

Dammit, why did Harry have to be so.....so........fvcking "best" to everyone around him? Gahhh!

What Gwen DID do though, was lift her face up to me quickly and planted a kiss on my cheek. A sweet, innocent kiss, that conveyed everything she felt about me, which made me happy and warm inside.

No matter how much I wished it would have lasted longer....and maybe have been an inch or two to the right, also.....heh hemm.....

"So what should we do while we wait for Harry? You want me to tuck you in again?" Gwen cracked up as she wiped off her tear stained face with her sleeves, "or are you not tired yet?"

She turned back to her original position on the couch now, pulling her hands out of mine.

It was done.

The contact that was making my blood rush through my veins, making my head spin more than the alcohol was, was over. My whole body cringed when we no longer touched, because now it would have to go back into a constant state of longing, like before. I heard a long sigh come out of me. Oops.

I coughed to sort of cover it up, just in case. "Um.....I'm not really tired yet, no. You can tuck me in later", I joked, remembering that time she put me to bed. I remember I'd nearly kissed her that night. But again, Harry's friendship came to my mind, and I shook it off, and looked away. Not that she would have kissed me back, anyway. I was WAY more drunk that tonight, though. And I'm pretty fvcking drunk tonight.

"We could......watch tv, I guess? Nothin' else to do", I suggested.

"Yeah. Sounds good", Gwen agreed, and leaned over to find the remote on the side table.

Yes. I did stare at her as.s as she bent over the arm of the sofa to pick it up from the floor where she dropped it. Yes I did. Fvck you all. I'm a man, and I can look. And GOD, what an as.s.......

Ahhhh sh.it.

I picked up the nearest sofa pillow, and put it over my.....junk.....that suddenly came alive from the "view".

That's what I get! Set myself right up for THAT one, didn't I?

She sat back next to me again, and aimed the remote, and found a movie in progress. One of the zillion Paranormal Activity movies.

I reached over to the other side table and turned off the lamp, so the only light was from the TV and some light coming in from the kitchen.

"Oh great. Now I'm gonna be even MORE scared, with no light in here!" Gwen argued.

"Ahhh, I'll save ya", I told her in a manly voice.

"Again. You'll save me AGAIN, you mean!" she joked.

My heart swelled up, and I gave a quick "haha", then we both concentrated on the movie.

Well, she concentrated on the movie. I concentrated on imagining that this was my flat, and I was having a movie night on the sofa with MY girlfriend......hey. I told you. Imaginations can't hurt anyone, right? Right. You'd do the exact same if it were you.

Ooh...a scary part. Will she jump into my arms?

..................No. She won't. But she DID jump and hold onto the top of my arm and bury her face between the back of it, and the sofa cushion, peeking out here and there to keep watching the scary part.

I'd settle for that.

Towards the end, she was grabbing my forearm at every scary spot, and squeezing it with both hands, shaking it around in scared frustration, as I laughed at her. She made me hit my thigh with my hand several times. "Ya big meanie! I'm scared!" she joked to me.

I would've been soooo much more "supportive" throughout the scary movie, but....I had to keep it neutral.

The next movie in the series came on right after that one ended, and we started watching that.

Soon she was dozing as she sat there, so I was nice and I pulled her in my direction so she could lean on me. I laid down against the arm of the sofa so I could be in a tilted position for her to rest against.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, contact again.

I soaked in every ounce of warmth from this girl that I could get, appreciating every single second. Just as she does with Harry, I reminded myself. Harry. My best mate. Whom I respect immensely.

Yeah. Him. He should be back soon, I'd think. Hospitals at night....not fun. And certainly not fast.

Soon I felt my own eye lids getting heavy, so I slid down a little more, pushing Gwen down with me, and her head fell off of the side of me, so I placed the pillow better in my lap, and gently laid her head on that. I squirmed around to get comfy, then I looked down at this girl. Now was my chance to really take her in. Look at her for a long time, instead of the quick glances I was always forced to steal so no one would notice.

Her hands were folded innocently and stuck between her thighs, probably to keep warm. I looked around and noticed the throw blanket on the chair in front of me. I reached slowly.....jussssssst a little more..........got it. I pulled it back with me, and spread it over her. I tucked her in, like she did for me once. I smiled, as I looked at her more. The air from the blanket had pushed some hair into her face, so I slid my fingers across her cheek, pushing her hair off her face, and I stuck it behind her ear.

I stared down at her for as long as my tired eyes would allow, and listened to her breathe. I put my arm down between her back and the couch, my hand resting on her side, by her hip, over top of the blanket. I mean.....friends would do this, right? This was ok, right? I was still good? Way beHIND that line, right? I thought so. Yeah.

Finally, my eyes closed, and the last thing I saw that night was Gwen.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

50.4K 934 30
WHEN POWER MEETS INNOCENCES Harry styles a mafia king, Louis a innocent boy who has suffered dearly at his fathers hands, what happens when the all...
32.6K 929 17
Famous football player, Louis Tomlinson, wants romance. He has so many ideas of how to treat someone that he loves. He's met many models and many ric...
96.5K 4.5K 45
Louis Tomlinson. A normal name of a normal guy. You'd think that, but it's far from the truth. Louis is the leader of the most wanted Gang in the Uni...
818K 26.7K 29
Harry is gay. Louis is straight and has a girlfriend. Well. At least that's what Harry thought, until Liam blabs his mouth about Harry's sex life a...