A Wolf and a Pony Tale

By acebro898

Running from a new Empire, a Padawan under the codename of Phoenix finds himself on a strange planet. More

A Wolf and a Pony Tale
Chapter 3: The Physician

Chapter 2: The Revealation

16 0 0
By acebro898

I woke up at around 9 o'clock the next morning. Twilight was already up and trotting around. She seemed to be reading something.

"Good morning Twilight," I said.

"Oh hey," Twilight said back.

"What are you reading?" I asked.

"I'm reading up on dragons, I need to know what to do with Spike as he get's older." she said.

"Spike?" I asked.

"Oh, I guess you haven't seen him yet. Spike get down here!" she yelled up the stairs."

"Coming Twilight," said a dragon quickly running down the stairs.

This dragon was purple with light green scales and a green underside. He asked Twilight, "Are you sure wolves don't eat dragons?"

"I'm pretty sure Spike." answered Twilight rolling her eyes. "Why don't you introduce yourself?"

"Okay." Spike answered reluctantly. "I'm Spike, Twilight's personal assistant. I help her with finding books and cleaning. I also going out for some supplies that she might need if she's working on something important."

"Oh, ok. Nice to meet you Spike."

"If you want I can give you a tour of our town," Twilight said.

"A tour would be great!" I answered back. I hopped off my cot and tried to walk. My ribs were still sore.

"Are you sure you can walk?" Twilight asked. "Maybe you should try walking on all four of your legs. That might help." I took her advice and got down on all fours and started walking around.

"Thanks, that's much better," I said as I followed Twilight out of the door. Spike trailed behind me.

When we got outside Twilight pointed around a said, "Welcome to Ponyville."

As we walked along I noticed that many other ponies were keeping there distance from me. "Why are they standing on the other side of the road?" I asked Twilight.

"They're scared of you. Which they should be. That's why Celestia has put guards on every street corner." she said.

"Oh yeah," I said back with a slight laugh. Above us I saw Rainbow Dash kicking some clouds. "Why is she doing that?" I asked.

"The Pegasi control the weather. They make all the weather in Cloudsdale which is where their home is. Some pegasi live here though. Rainbow has house directly above Ponyville, so she does most of the weather related tasks here." stated Twilight. We waited until Rainbow Dash was finished clearing the clouds which only took a few seconds.

Rainbow Dash spotted us and then flew down towards us. She looked at me and sarcastically asked, "Impressive, huh?" I shrugged and laughed, "Sure." Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes.

We kept walking and when I turned a corner a gray mare with a blonde colored mane came galloping around it and into me. She fell over. When she looked at me she looked scared for a moment but then after realizing I wasn't going to eat her she blushed and said, "Oops, sorry about that."

I offered her my paw to help her up and she took it. "Don't worry about it. It happens to the best of us." When she got up I realized that one of her eyes was fixed on me and the other was looking other places. "So what's your name?" I asked the mare.

"My name is Ditzy Hooves, but most ponies just call me Derpy."

"Well, hello Derpy. Nice to meet you," I said.

"Nice to meet you too," she said still blushing. "Sorry but I really have to go, I'm going somewhere with somepony and don't want to be late."

She galloped quickly away until she was out of sight.

"So," Rainbow Dash said, "you've meet the town klutz?"

"She seemed nice enough to me," I said back.

"Trouble follows that pony wherever she goes. She almost hit me with a bolt of lightning and practically totaled Town Hall."

I shrugged. "So where are we going?" I asked Twilight.

"I thought we would meet up with the others somewhere." Twilight answered.

"Ok." I said.

After walking around for about ten minutes we walked out onto a field. The other four ponies were sitting on a mat of some sort. They had food sitting out so I assumed that it was a picnic. Twilight, Spike, Rainbow Dash, and I sat down. "Hello Phoenix. Are you feeling any better?" asked Rarity.

"A little." I said back. "I'm still sore though."

Pinkie Pie jumped up and said, " We had this picnic just for you. Aren't you just super surprised?"

"I am." I said. "And I'm extremely thankful for your hospitality, but like I said earlier. I can't stay here."

"Well, why not?" asked Rarity.

"It's complicated." I said back.

"Well, what kind of an answer is that?" Applejack asked.

I sighed, "Well you guys probably won't let me leave with out telling you so I will."

"I am part of a class of warriors known as the Jedi," I said. "We fought with elegance and nobility. Are numbers were strong and every one in the galaxy knew about us. We all lived at the Jedi Temple on a metropolis planet called Coruscant. Twilight, you would like the Temple, it is quiet and has a library called the Jedi Archives. The Archives held information on anything and everything. Some information was so secluded that only Jedi Grand Masters could read it. The Grand Masters were the highest class of the Jedi. As Jedi we used the Force. The Force is an invisible energy field created by all things. It surrounds us, binds us, and penetrates us. It allowed us to manipulate and move objects with our mind. And do many other "unnatural" things."

"A few years ago a war called the Clone Wars started. It was called this because the Jedi were generals of an army of clones. These clones were the best soldiers any army could ask for. They were loyal and very good at what they did. We had hundreds of thousands of them at our side. But then when we thought the war was coming to a close, we were betrayed by our own. A fellow Jedi, who I considered to be a mentor and a friend turned dark. He got our army together, marched into the Temple and killed every single Jedi in there. Any Jedi that wasn't in the Temple was also killed because of the clone's orders to kill them."

"Personally I went into the Temple to see what had happened and survived somehow. I should be dead but I'm not. I like to think of that as a sign, but I'm not sure."

"I had to hide. I had been traveling the galaxy in my star-fighter since then and hid where ever I could. I came here thinking that I wouldn't be found. But I'm not sure if that was a good idea. I could put you all in danger. But I didn't have anywhere else to go. And I thought this was the best idea. All of my friends are dead, and I don't know what to do."

Rarity gasped, "Darling, that's horrible. Why would anyone want to do that?"

Twilight answered her question, "Probably for power. Power has been a driving force since the beginning of time. Don't worry Phoenix you haven't put us in any danger. We're glad your here. I hope you can stay. We might need you someday."

"What do you mean Twilight?" asked Fluttershy quietly.

"I don't know Fluttershy," said Twilight. "I just have a feeling."

"Anyway, I said. "Your queen, Celestia I think it is..."

"She's our princess," said Twilight.

"Queen, princess, whatever. She said she had my weapons under lock and key. I would assume that would be at her castle, right?" I asked.

"Probably," said Twilight. "We could go there if you wanted. Let you see Canterlot and the Royal Castle."

"Ok, sounds good to me. The sooner I get my weapons the better," I said.

"That settles it then. Girls we are going to Canterlot," said Twilight.

"Canterlot!" exclaimed Rarity excitedly.

"Yes Rarity, but we're not staying for long. Just to get his weapons and come right back."

"But Twilight, we hardly ever get to go to Canterlot. Can't we at least look around for a little bit?" complained Rarity.

"Rarity, said Rainbow Dash, "what are you talking about? We go to Canterlot all of the time! And I don't really see the big fuss about Canterlot anyway. Everybody's all stuck up and snooty there. Actually, that might be why you like it there so much. Everyone's just like you.

"Rainbow Dash!" yelled Rarity, "There's no need for that."

"Come on girls," said Twilight, " we need to get there fast if we want to be back in Ponyville by nightfall."

"I agree," I said. "Let's go ahead and leave."

We all headed to the train station and boarded the train. After about and hour of riding I asked, "I've been wondering this since I woke up yesterday, it's been kinda driving me crazy. Everypony I've seen seems to have symbols on the upper part of their legs. And they're all different. Applejack, yours is three apples. Fluttershy, yours is three butterflies. Rarity, yours is three gemstones. Pinkie, your symbol is three balloons. Rainbow Dash, yours is a cloud with a rainbow colored lightning streak. And Twilight, yours looks like some sort of star. Do they mean anything or are they just birthmarks?"

"No they're not birthmarks," answered Twilight. "They're called Cutie Marks. They represent who we are. Our talents and what we each like to do. My talent is magic."

"Ok. I understand a little better now," I said.

A little while later we arrived in Canterlot. The first thing I noticed was the castle. It was huge and took up most of the space of the city. We took the fastest route to the castle. As we were aproaching a lot of the other ponies in the town looked at me with disgust. When I looked back at them they quickly looked away. These ponies were dressed in really nice clothes, held their heads up high, and trotted with a trot that signified that they were high-class citizens. One of them walked up close to us and started looking at me funny, like he was inspecting me or something. I growled and barked to give him a good scare. It worked. He galloped away into the closest building. At this point all eight of us were at the steps of the castle. We walked in and I was instantly stunned by the beauty of the decor. It was well designed and looked extremely expensive.

"Did I tell you that I'm actually a student of the princess?" asked Twilight.

"No." I responded. "That's cool. Why are you living in Ponyville and not here then?"

"Because," said Twilight, "I was sent to Ponyville to make some friends. I was to wound up in my studies that I never had time to make any friends. I'm extremely lucky that these ponies were willing to take me in as a friend."

"Here's the door to the throne room, she said."

We walked up to the door and attempted to open it.

"Excuse me but what in the hay do you all think your doing." A guard quickly ran up to us and shut the door so we couldn't go in.

"But, we need to go talk to the princess," said Rainbow Dash.

"Princess Celestia would never let the likes of you enter her presence." said the guard.

I waved my hand in front of the guards face and said, "You will let us enter the throne room."

The guard blinked and then said,"I will let you enter the throne room."

"How did you do that?" asked everypony excitedly.

"Jedi Mind Trick," I said. "Jedi can use the Force to trick the weak minded."

"Would it work on us?" asked Twilight.

"Of course it would, you ponies are smart but your minds are weak, they can easily be succumbed. But I would never use it on you, so don't worry."

We walked into the throne room. Celestia looked at us with a smile on her face. All of us bowed in front of the princess.

"Princess, I request my weapons back," I said.

Celestia asked, "Why do you need them? Equestria is a peaceful place with hardly any attackers."

"I believe you but..." I stammered.

"With all do respect, princess," interrupted Applejack, "this wolf only just arrived here. We did tie him down against his will. He's still a little confused. Besides he didn't hurt anypony when we untied him. Why would he do any different now?"

"Because now," said Celestia, "he would be armed and its a whole lot easier to do harm when you are behind the safety of your weapons."

"Please princess," I begged.

Celestia thought it over for a minute, and finally agreed. "You five," she said pointing to a few guards, "escort our visitor to the vault."

The guards trotted over to me and escorted me to a large door. One of the guards inserted his horn into a hole in the door and the door started to open.

I walked inside and found my weapons on a rack on the far wall. I quickly grabbed my two Force infused swords and then put them on my back. Next I grabbed my custom built blaster pistol. Then my modified Republic pump laser shotgun. The last things I picked up were my lightsabers. I picked one up and attached it to my belt. I ran my hand over the other one softly. I instantly had a vision of the killing at the temple. I groaned, shook my head, stood back up, and attached my other lightsaber to my belt.

While I was walking back to the door it shut. Red lights started flashing and an alarmed sounded. Twilight was yelling at me through the door. "Phoenix, you have to get out of there. There was a security breach in the vault. Something else is in there with you."

"Finally," I said, "I need to fight something, I don't want my combat skills getting any more rusty than they already are."

I ignited both of my lightsabers. One glowed a red as the other glowed a light green. A color that I knew too well. I sensed something behind me. A slowly turned around and saw a huge angry manticore staring and growling viciously at me.

"Ah." I said. "This should be easy." I back flipped over the manticore and quickly sliced at its tail. My lightsabers bounced off. "Ok maybe this won't be so easy." The manticore clawed at me and wacked me against the wall. I groaned and got back up. I ran around him and then slid through his legs. I did an uppercut slice and landed a blow. The manticore roared in agony. I quickly took the time while it was screaming to pull out my pistol. I carefully pointed the gun at its head and fired. The shot echoed throughout the whole castle. The manticore fell on the ground. I put my pistol away and used the Force to pick the lock on the door. It slowly opened and I walked out.

The other ponies were outside. When Twilight saw me she galloped up to me and shoved me on the ground. "Never scare us like that again! When I say get out, get out!"

"But, I'm fine," I stated.

"What was even in there?" asked Rarity.

"It was a manticore," I said.

"Is it alright?" asked Fluttershy.

"No it's dead, I said.

Fluttershy gasped,"You killed it?"

"Of course I did. If I didn't it would have killed me."

We all walked back into the throne room. Celestia said, "I see that you have your weapons."

"Peaceful planet," I scoffed. "I almost got killed in there."

"But you weren't were you?" said Celestia.

"Whatever. Do any of you ponies have anything to eat I'm starving. I'm not sure how horse tastes but if I don't eat soon my wolf instinct will kick in and one of you will be my dinner. "

"We have some grass," said Pinkie Pie nervously.

"Umm, wolves don't eat grass. We eat meat." I said.

"Why don't you just eat the manticore," said one of the guards. "It was your kill by the way."

"I like you," I said. "See, he just saved all of your lives right now by pointing out the obvious."

I quickly ran over to the dead manticore and started biting into it. The other ponies watched me in disgust. Fluttershy galloped away and started crying. Twilight went to go comfort her.

After I was done I walked out of the vault again with blood on my face.

"Anyway that any if you could box this up for me? Maybe save it for later? One of the guards grabbed the dead manticore and trotted away with it. I walked up to Twilight, "See I am dangerous. I'm sorry that you had to see that."

"Oh...uh.... don't worry about it. Look maybe we should stay here for tonight. I don't really feel like taking the trip back to Ponyville."

"Ok, I said. "I'll go ahead and go to my room. I'm still exhausted. Goodnight everypony."

"Goodnight," the other ponies mumbled. A guard showed me to my room. When I walked in he shut the door. I laid down on the bed and closed my eyes. I could sense that there were four sentries standing at the door. "Probably orders from the princess." I said yawning. I slowly drifted off to sleep. I had the same dream that I had the night before with the green cocoons and the explosion and that was it. Even in my sleep it puzzled me. What did it mean?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 59K 95
!!ORIGINAL STORY!! Chae-hee, a Korean woman that escaped her past pains by moving to America. Enjoying her life working hard in a cafe, if she wasn't...
298K 8.7K 42
I am insufficient. Well, that's not my name obviously, but that's what my family has decided I am. I'm Julie. I'm 14, about to be 15 years old. I ha...
47.4K 2.5K 34
• Ranbir a cold hearted person , have a anger issue • Prachi a kind hearted person , the most stubborn girl both are different in their ways what w...
41.8K 3.2K 44
In their previous life, taehyung had been overweight. His face was covered in acne. Yet jungkook still forcefully ate him up. Exactly how much did h...