TDA Meets TLH

By Miss_Fairchild

When James Herondale, Matthew Fairchild, Cordelia Carstairs, Lucie Herondale and a few others, get whisked aw... More

Please Read!
1: Emma
2: Cordelia
3: Emma
5: Mark
6: Emma
7: James
8: Emma
9: Lucie
10: Cristina
11: Cristina
12: Lucie
13: Cordelia
14: Emma
15: James
16: Cristina
17: Cordelia
18: Julian
19: Lucie
20: Clary
21: Cristina
22: Mark
23: James
24: Matthew
25: Cristina
26: Emma
27: Cordelia
28: Cristina
29: Matthew
30: Cristina
31: Cordelia
32: Emma
33: Cordelia
34: Cristina
35: James
36: Cordelia
37: Julian
38: Cordelia
39: Cristina
40: Tessa (Bonus)
41: Cordelia

4: Cordelia

4.6K 81 57
By Miss_Fairchild

I walked alongside Mark, down the hallways of the Los Angeles Institute. I could not believe that we were here, so far into the future. And there was another Carstairs here. And there were Blackthorns, many of them. I glanced sideways at Mark. He was very handsome, and I blushed. We walked through a set of doors, and into a massive kitchen.

"This is the kitchen, but you could probably already tell." Mark blushed slightly.

I chuckled. "Yes, I could."

We kept walking, and he stopped at another door, and pushed it open. It was the training room. Weapons gleamed brightly on shelves, and I studied all of them.

"What is your weapon?" I asked.

"The bow and arrow." Mark spoke. "What about you?"

"I do not really have one. It is mainly the seraph blade." I stated.

He only smiled, remaining silent.

"You do not look like your siblings." I said, as we began walking again.

"No, I don't. I have a twin sister named Helen, and I look like her. But she was banished from here." Mark's smile disappeared.

"Why?" I asked.

This lead to a long story. There was something called the Cold Peace, and it banished Faeries, because they were bad in some war. They had exiled Mark's sister, and he had been taken by the Wild Hunt for five years, and had only returned to his family, recently.

"I am very sorry." I said when he was finished. "That is horrible."

Mark shrugged. "I am happy now. That's what matters."

As we walked, another girl was walking towards us. Cristina, I thought her name was. She stopped in front of us, and shot me a polite smile. She then looked over at Mark, who was staring at with something I could not place.

"Mark." Cristina greeted.

"Cristina." He looked away from her.

Cristina looked a bit sad at his reaction, and then walked away. Mark and I started to walk again.

"I know it is not my business, but does Miss Rosales fancy you?" I asked.

He laughed dryly. "No, she doesn't."

"And you? Do you fancy her?" I asked softly.

Mark blushed. "Yes."

"Ah, unrequited love. It is quite horrible, isn't it?" I sighed sadly, thinking of James.

"You sound as if you have experience with it." Mark raised an eyebrow.

"James." I stated glumly. "I have been in love with him since I was ten."

"I am sorry." Mark said.

I waved it off. "I accepted that he wouldn't return my affection awhile ago."

"You don't look like Emma." Mark changed the subject.

"No, I do not." I said. "She is very beautiful."

He smiled slightly. "She is. She's the best Shadowhunter of her generation."

"I can see that." I smiled. "She seems very determined and stubborn. How long have you known her?"

"Almost all of my life. Her family was always close with mine. Her and Julian have always been inseparable." Mark explained.

We reached a door, and Mark opened it. We both walked in, and I saw that it was a bedroom.

"This can be your room. I told Livvy to give the one across from yours to Lucie." Mark smiled.

"Thank you, Mr. Blackthorn." I smiled, blushing faintly.

He laughed. "Call me Mark."

"Alright, thank you, Mark." I grinned.

"You're welcome." He said.

Just then, there was a knock at the door. I looked past Mark, to see Lucie standing in the doorway.

"I'll leave you two." Mark said, and then walked out.

Lucie watched him leave, and then walked up to me.

"He is very handsome, don't you suppose?" She grinned.

"Yes, he is." I blushed.

"I cannot believe this! Livvy looks exactly like me. Do you know what that means, Cordy? I marry Jesse!" Lucie exclaimed.

I chuckled. "I figured you would. I've never seen you so in love with anyone."

She sighed, and sat down on the bed. "It is quite amazing. Miss Carstairs' middle name is Cordelia, I was very surprised."

"I, as well." I sat down beside her. "She is named after me."

"I suppose Livvy and Dru fancy Matthew." Lucie laughed. "It is amusing."

I laughed, as well. "It is. Poor Matthew looked frightened."

"I would like to meet the Herondale boy Miss Carstairs told us about." Lucie said. "I wonder he is anything like James or I."

"Honestly Lucie, he sounds like your father." I chuckled.

She grinned. "He did, didn't he?"

Just then, Anna walked into my room, smiling.

"This is absolutely mad." She said.

"I agree." I said.

She took a seat beside Lucie. "I very much want to meet the Lightwoods Miss Carstairs spoke about. Especially the girl."

"I wonder if she looks like you." Lucie said.

"The Blackthorns look so much like you, Lucie. It is unnerving." Anna said, and then she smirked. "You must marry Jesse."

Lucie blushed. "I must."

"Mark is very handsome." I suddenly heard myself blurt out.

The two girls both smirked.

"He is." Anna admitted. "Do you fancy him?"

"No, you all know I fancy James." I stated.

"I think you fancy Mark, too." Lucie smirked, looking like her father.

I blushed. "I do not. Do stop teasing me."

"Our parents are going to be so worried about us." Anna said. "I hope Christopher will find a way to bring us back."

"Me too. I could not live here for the rest of my life. They wear very odd things." Lucie said.

Suddenly, Matthew ran into my room, shutting it behind him. He then stood with his back against it, his green eyes wide.

I laughed. "What is it, Matthew?"

"Livvy and Dru will not leave me alone. I am quite frightened." He said, looking shaken up.

Anna laughed. "They are in love with you, Matty."

"Why couldn't it be James?" He groaned, and the three of us laughed.

"You should feel flattered." Lucie said.

"I am, but you don't understand. They offered to help me change into new clothes." Matthew said. "I had to leave right away."

I laughed again. "You should have taken offer. That is probably the closest thing you'll have to having a ladyfriend."

Lucie and Anna let out a hoot of laughter, while Matthew glared at me.

"Thanks, Cordy." He glared.

I laughed. "I'm only kidding, Matthew."

He only rolled his eyes, and I laughed again. It was so easy to tease him.

* * *

Joe Collier as James Herondale

Tom Webb as Matthew Fairchild

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.1K 2.6K 38
❛❛Blue eyes, dark hair. Tall frame and a poisonous tongue. I'd recognize those features anywhere.❜❜ After The Dark War, Zoya Caldwell cou...
70.1K 1.7K 46
Fate works in mysterious ways. Tessa Gray certainly thinks so, when her world is collided with Will Herondale's, the schools bad boy. When Will asks...
82.9K 2.4K 46
"Our lives aren't ruined." His arms went around her... his fingers tracing letters, words on her skin. "I-A-M-R-U-I-N-E-D" *** After the cha...
52.2K 752 53
This is a sequel to my fanfic "Chain of Iron". Please only read this if you have read that one! __________ Cordelia, James, Matthew and Lucie's live...