The Catch-Up (Natsu x Reader)

By mYs0309

(Y/N) (L/N) has always had a crush on Natsu Dragneel, the Fire Dragon Slayer. Even though she's only 10 years... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68

Chapter 58

14.4K 450 348
By mYs0309

(3rd PoV)
A year later, April 13

(Y/N) woke up to something licking her face. She opened her eyes and immediately saw Regan, her German Shepherd.

She carefully pushed him off of her and sat up, "I'm up, Regan."

(Y/N) trudged over to the bathroom and did her morning routine.

------------

(Your PoV)
After I got dressed, I went downstairs and looked around.

'It feels so empty..'

I shook my head and headed over to the calendar hanging on the wall.

"April 13.. Tomorrow's my 18th birthday. Yay." I said as I shook my head and went into the kitchen to eat cereal.

-—-

"Here you go." I said as I finished feeding all of my pets.

I walked upstairs and went into the empty guest room I had.

"I really need to clean this place up.."

In the room were pictures of all of the ex-guild members of Fairy Tail.

Erza, Gray, Wendy, Lucy, and Natsu.

"It's been a year, huh? A year since Natsu and Happy left and a year since Fairy Tail disbanded.."

I pulled up the sleeve of my right arm and looked at my Fairy Tail guild mark.

I let go of my sleeve and walked over to a certain section of the room.

Team Natsu

Under the section were pictures of everyone that was on Team Natsu.

'I still don't get how no one has seen Natsu and Happy..'

My eyes then quickly filled up with tears as I started to cry.

'Natsu.. You better not be dead..'

-—-

After my small crying session, I had an idea.

"Today is the last day of the Grand Magic Games." I mumbled as I headed back to my room.

I went over to my desk and opened the top drawer and pulled out a tag.

It read, PRESS.

"I'm surprised I remembered that I had this. That one reporter guy from Sorcerer's Weekly gave it to me so I could help him with some stuff."

I looked over at my open closet and saw my cloaks hanging up.

'Hm.. Should I get into the Grand Magic Games by sneaking around or by getting in there officially?'

I looked back and forth between my cloaks and the tag and shrugged.

'Both it is.'

-—-

After I put on my cloak and put the tag on, I put on the hood of my cloak so it covered my head and face. I then teleported to Crocus.

'I've been thinking about doing something fun.. I haven't really had any fun ever since Natsu left and Fairy Tail disbanded..'

I was teleported to the entrance of the Grand Magic Games stadium, I came up with an idea.

'I should challenge the guild that wins the Grand Magic Games! They're going to be nobodies since all of the good guilds that competed last year, didn't compete this year.'

After I showed my tag to guards, they let me through hesitantly and I walked into the stadium.

-—-

As I entered the stadium, I smelt something- no, someone familiar.

I followed the scent and was led to a balcony where two people were standing at. One kept saying "Cool!" While the other was the source of the smell.

'Is that.. Lucy?'

I grinned widely and walked over next to her.

Sensing me, Lucy looked at me with a confused, but frightened look.

"Who are you? I don't think you're allowed to be up here.." She said hesitantly. Jason, the other person that was with Lucy, looked over at me.

I chuckled and slightly moved my hood so she could she my face. I grinned widely, showing my fangs, "Long time no see Lucy."

Jason immediately went crazy, "Cool, cool, cool! It's the Elemental Princess, (Y/N) (L/N)!"

'Well dang, he's pretty excited.'

Lucy's eyes widened as tears filled up her eyes, "(Y-Y/N)?!"

I nodded, which made her engulf me in a hug. I hugged her back and felt her tears fall onto my cloak.

"I wasn't sure who you were because I felt intensely strong magic power coming from you..! I've missed you so much!" Lucy said as she broke the hug and wiped her face.

"Well I've been training! Where do you live? Because I know that you don't live in Magnolia anymore. I haven't seen you around town." I said with a small smile.

Lucy's eyes widened, "You still live in Magnolia?! I moved here to Crocus because I thought everyone I knew left!"

I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"Anyways, what are you doing here?" I asked as I leaned against the ledge.

"I work for Sorcerer's Weekly! Jason hired me. We're here writing about the Games!" Lucy said.

'It's about time she got a job in writing..'

"What about you (Y/N)? What are you doing here?" She asked.

I smirked as I adjusted my hood so it covered my entire face.

"Looking for some fun." I replied.

Just as Lucy was about to say something, they announced the winners of the Games.

"Anndd the winning guild of this years Grand Magic Games is Scarmiglione!" I heard the announcer say.

I smirked as I hear the guild cheer.

'Strongest guild huh? I'll see about that..'

As I got ready to jump into the arena, I felt Lucy grab my shoulder.

I glanced back at her in confusion.

"What are you doing (Y/N)..?!" She asked.

I smirked at her, showing her my fangs, "Having some fun, obviously."

I then jumped into the arena, making dirt go everywhere.

-—-

(3rd PoV)
"Whats this? It seems like someone has jumped into the arena!" The announcer said.

"Hey, who are you?" A guy with spiky red hair asked.

Before (Y/N) could answer, a rumble shook the whole stadium.

Someone then emerged from an opening.

The person seemed to be male and he had a cloak on. The hood was over his head, covering his face.

'Who is that? I was about to beat these guys to a pulp.' (Y/N) thought.

"Great. Now who are you?" The red-haired guy asked.

"The challenger." He said.

(Your PoV)
'That voice.. It sounds familiar..'

I got into a fighting stance and looked over the so called challenger.

"Too late buddy. I'm going to beat Fiore's newest strongest guild. Or as they're called." I said to the challenger.

I saw him mumble something, but I couldn't hear him.

'I couldn't hear him? That's weird..'

"What was that? I couldn't hear you." I said.

"Well then, let me help you. I've been waiting for a while to do this." I heard him say with a smirk.

I froze.

'Th-That smirk..'

I then shook my head and smirked back, "Alright."

'Nah, it's not Natsu.'

At the same time, we attacked the winners.

I stood still as I engulfed my hands in water, rock and fire.

I looked over at the challenger and my eyes widened.

'H-He uses Fire Magic?!'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.1K 2.2K 28
Kitsune Dragneel, younger sister of Natsu Dragneel. You and Natsu have been together since day 1, but on July 7th of the year X777 their father (Ign...
1.2K 80 20
Lucy's parents left her life too early. Now she's alone at an orphanage. All hope is lost. Until... Igneel decides to adopt her as his own. Lucy doe...
57.9K 1.7K 43
-COMPLETED | Dec 31, 2019- BOOK 1 High-school student Lucy Heartfilia doesn't expect life to change much when she moves from sunny Clovertown...
330K 9K 26
Y/N is a saint wizard sitting at the seventh place. However, it's unknown how she got there. There are no past records of how her face looks like see...