Pennelope and the Trapdoor (H...

By helpem

(Edited) Pennelope Jone lived a pretty ordinary life with her sister Hermione Granger. But everything change... More

~ Main Cast ~
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (fan fiction)
I'm Like Freaking Usain Bolt!
Thanks to the Troll
Quidditch Match
Erised
Flamel
Ridding of a Creature
Into the Forest
Through the Trapdoor
Going Home

The Potions Master

14.1K 401 232
By helpem

(Edited) 

 /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////\//////////

 "WAKE UP, WAKE UP. I DO NOT WANT TO BE LATE FOR OUR FIRST DAY GET YOURBUTT UP!!!!"

 I seriously hate mine and Hermione's wake up greetings. It's too early for my liking but it's the first day of school so I want to make a good impression on the teachers. I got up and got dressed and headed down to the great hall for some breakfast.After we ate we headed to first which was transfiguration, the class I'm looking forward to the most. 

Hermione and I did get lost, even though we read all about Hogwarts we had to acknowledge that it mentioned stairs could move as well as doors. 

 "You know what would be handy? A freaking map," I hissed, crossing my arms as we passes the same hallway. "I mean, you send eleven-year-olds to this school and expect them to find their way around changing staircases and vanishing doors and moving portraits l—" 

"I have to visit my friends!" A nearby portrait shouted at me. 

"Oh shut up! You aren't supposed to move," I snapped. 

"Pennelope," Hermione warned. "Look, here it is!"Surprisingly we entered before anyone else arrived, perhaps they got lost too. 

 "Transfiguration is some of the most complex and dangerous magic you will learn at Hogwarts. Anyone messing around in my class will leave and not come back. You have been warned." McGonagall said as she changed her desk into a pig and back again, I was staring in awe, Hermione and I were taking notes like crazy, then we were all given a match to turn into a needle like Percy had said. 

Hermione and I were the only ones who turned the match into a needle I was very pleased when McGonagall showed the whole class how well we did. We did so well that we even got a rare smile. 

You probably know by now that I am a Know-It-All, and I like people to know it. 

After transfiguration my sister and I headed for the Great Hall for lunch, Harry and Ron were seated across from us in deep conversation.

 "Double potions with the Slytherin's," said Ron, not realising Hermione and I were sitting there staring at him "Snape's head of Slytherin house. They say he always favours them - we'll be able tosee if it's true."

 "I wish McGonagall favoured us," said Harry, his head falling onto his knuckles. 

McGonagall is head of Gryffindor house, but that didn't stop her from giving us a huge pile of homework.

 "The owls will be coming, I hope mom and dad sent us something," I said, realising Harry and Ron weren't going to greet us at all, but sure enough the owls flew in. Mint, our owl swooped down with a letter, but with my luck it fell into my bowl of syrup.

 "Great," I mumbled as I picked up the sticky letter.

 'dear my two little girls, I hope you are having a wonderful timethere I miss you guys soooooo much. 

 I keep wanting to bring home the plastic gloves you always beg me to get, but then I realise there's no one to give them to.Hope you will be home for Christmas, well gotta go, love you! 

 Mom and dad <3' 

 Inside the letter were two pairs of plastic gloves from mum's dentist office, for some odd reason she always gave them to us whenever she could.

 "Nothing says 'I love you' like a pair of plastic gloves," I commented, taking my pair and placing them in my school bag. "Come on, lets head down to potions."I stood up from my seat and took hold of Hermione's elbow, Ron glanced at us briefly before returning to his conversation with Harry. 

 "Please be fun and not like broccoli!" I silently prayed on our way to the dungeons.

 "It's freezing down here" Hermione complained when we entered the cold and gloomy classroom. 

 "I k-know, right?" I stuttered, taking a seat next to Hermione. I tried to avoid looking at the pickled animals floating in the glass jars on the wall, the eyeballs seemed to look at me like I killed them.Harry and Ron entered not long after we had. Harry sat next to me and Ron sat next to Hermione. Hermione looked over at me with this 'kill me' look.

 "Hello, again," I whispered over to Harry as students poured in. 

 "Hi," he replied, his cheeks turning red as he glanced at me slightly before returning his gaze to Ron.

 Snape started to roll call, but he paused at Harry's name "Ah, yes," he said softly "Harry Potter. Our new - celebrity. You are here to learn the subtle science and exact art of potion making," he spoke so quiet I could barely hear him, but I caught every word. "As there is little foolish wand waving here, many of you will hardly believe this is magic. I don't expect you will really understand the beauty of the softly simmering cauldron with its shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that creep through human veins, bewitching the mind, ensnaring the sense. I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,even stopper death- if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." Both Hermione and I were on the edge of our seat, proving that we aren't dunderheads. 

"Potter!" Snape said suddenly, making half the classroom jump. "What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion ofwormwood." Hermione and I shot our hands in the air desperately, Ilooked at Harry and he looked clueless. Come on, pick me! Pick me! I know the answer!   

"I don't know sir," he said in such a soft way 'ugh, shut up Pennelope!' I looked at Snape who had a sneer on his face.

 "Tut, tut - fame clearly isn't everything." He said completely ignoring mine and Hermione's hand. "Let's try again. Potter, where would you look if I told you to find me a bezoar?" Me and Hermione where basically jumping in our seats. My eyes found Malfoy, he kept looking at us and laughing harshly. I don't know much about him, but I'm really starting to dislike this git. 

 "I don't know, sir" said Harry.

 "Thought you wouldn't open a book before coming, eh, Potter." Said Snape. Poor Harry, plus Snape was still ignoring our hands in the air!"What is the difference, Potter, between monkshood and wolfs bane?" Our hands went up again, except this time we stood up with our hand stretched as far as we could go. 

 "I don't know," said Harry quietly I feel so bad for him "I think theydo, though, why don't you try them?" Harry pointed up at hermione and I. people laughed as we both started jumping up and down. 

 "Sit down " Snape snapped at us as. We both lost feeling in our legs and fell to our seats instantly. 

"Thank you," I whispered quietly to Harry, his eyes snapped on me, when Snape looked away he gave me a small smile. Success! Smile achieved. 

"For your information Potter, asphold and wormwood make a sleeping potion so powerful it is known as the Draught of Living Death. A bezoar is a stone taken from the stomach of a goat and it will save you from most poisons. As for monkshood and wolfs bane, they are the same plant, which also goes by the name of aconite. . . Well? Why aren't you all copying that down?" Snape snapped, Hermione and I already know that. but we still wrote it down, we did not want to be considered dunderheads "And 10 point's will be taken from Gryffindor house for your cheek, Potter." 

Okay I absolutely hate Snape.After that . . . Eventful beginning. . . Snape put us all into pairs, luckily Hermione and I, were together.

 "Okay, I hate Snape," I whispered to Hermione, throwing Snape a nasty look when his back faced away from me. He was yelling at every student expect that git Malfoy. 

 "Penny he is your teacher!" Hermione snapped, but quickly returned to a whisper. 

"I don't care who he is! criticising everyone but Malfoy, I just feel bad for Harry " I said, looking up at Hermione and saw she had a smirk. "Don't you dar—"

 "You like Harry," she sang.

 "You dare!" I whispered harshly, but I couldn't help but smile. "Shhhh!" I glanced over at Harry who was paired with Ron across the room. "I do. . . But. Ugh! Never mine."

 Across the classroom Neville had somehow managed to melt Seamus'scauldron into a twisted blob, the potion was everywhere and it wasburning holes in people's shoes , Hermione and I stood up on thestools like everyone else , poor Neville who had the potion all overhim. Red burns appeared all over his body making him whimper in pain. 

 "Idiot boy!" Snarled Snape. 

 "He didn't mean to" I whispered angrily to Hermione.

 "Penny, please don't start anything," Hermione begged, watching me carefully. 

 "I suppose you added the porcupine quills before taking the cauldron off the fire?" Poor Neville began to cry as the boils started topop up all over his nose"Take him up to the hospital wing," Snape spat at Seamus. Then rounded on Harry and Ron, who had been working next to Neville."You — Potter —why didn't you tell him not to add the quills? Thoughthe'd make you look good if he got it wrong, did you? That's another 10points you've lost for Gryffindor." I opened my mouth to unleash the very pits of hell, unfortunately that never happened. The only person who can really keep me in line is Hermione ( I have a very bad temper) You probably figured that our for yourself though.

 "I know you have a crush on him but don't argue with Snape or we willlose more points. That'll just make it harder on him," Hermionewhispered, she had a point.An hour later we exited into the hall to find ourselves walking behind Harry and Ron. 

 "One second" I muttered. 

 "Meet me in the common room" she yelled after me when I began to rush forward towards the two boys. 

"HARRY!" I bellowed running towards him as he and Ronturned around. "

Look I know you're pissed, but just save it " Ron snapped at me, but I ignored him and turned to Harry. 

 "Look, I'm sorry about Snape . . . he is a real a- I mean git for taking that out on you " I said, covering my mouth as I almost said a very wrong word. 

"Thanks , but we gotta go - Er ... Bye " he smiled.I went up the stairs towards the Fat Lady. The way Harry smiled played over and over in my mind, his green eyes floated around creepily in my brain.

 "Password?"

"Caput Draconis." I hummed, waiting to enter the common room when she began to swing open. Inside Hermione sat with her school books in front of her "Hi, Hermione I'm going to go to be-" I yawned before I could finish. 

 "Okay," she said, her eyes frantically reading a page in her book  "night, sis."I went up to my dorm put on my pyjamas and laid down, right as my head hit the pillow I was out. 

 .($). 

Edited by: @LauraFrantaaxoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

266K 6.7K 34
Pennelope, a beautiful and stunning young lady who has her eye out for a certain Harry Potter, she's loved him ever since first year. Her love for Ha...
5.1K 123 12
Sequel to Hermione's Sister, and Petrified Sirius Black is on the loose and that's just the tip of the iceberg! With her sister playing with time, a...
1M 20.8K 57
Hogwarts and the Ministry of Magic fall to the power of the Dark Lord. Harry and the Weasleys manage to escape, but Hermione finds herself stuck in t...
137K 3.4K 21
The sixth year into the series of Pennelope and her adventures with the Golden Trio. Everything is different this year. The teachers, the enemies...