Under the Cover. {Larry Styli...

By larrywanks

"But we all know I can make anyone fall in love with me." "Anyone huh?" Louis nodded. "Well let's make this i... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Epilogue.
Acknowledgements

Chapter Two

73.1K 3K 10.4K
By larrywanks

"Styles? Come on you idiot, the geek has no friends and has probably never had anyone like him." Louis smirked.

"Are you saying that you don't like my choice?"

"I'm saying get those pounds ready." Louis smiled.

Louis took his lunch tray and threw his rubbish away. He nodded at Stanley and walked over to Harry, who was finishing up his maths homework.

"Oi Styles!"

Harry glanced up at Louis. "Louis? Wh-what are you....?"

"I've been having trouble with my studies do you mind helping me? Like I don't know, be my tutor?" Louis used his charming smile, which helps him get what he wants.

"Uh...." Harry hesitated, what if this is some prank they're trying to pull?

"I mean I would pay you, but you go to this school, so you don't need it." Louis laughed.

Harry nodded. He needed it, but he can't say that. "Uh, fine. But only because I have some free time."

"Okay so, after school at yours?" Louis inquired with a small smile.

"No!" Harry said instantly, and louder than he should have. Louis looked taken back by the sudden outburst. "I-I mean, uh, no, it's... messy. My maid had the past two days off so it's really messy. How about yours?"

"Okay? Mine it is, since you walked we don't have to worry about your car. I live across the street."

Harry's eyes widened for a split second. That is the most expensive flat building in London.

"Oh, which room?"

"The penthouse. It's pretty nice, but back home in Doncaster, the house my mom and sisters live in is amazing."

Harry listened intently to every word that came from Louis' thin pink lips. "You have a sister?"

Louis caught himself too late. He doesn't speak much of his family... He doesn't want to seem like he has vulnerability to anyone. His sisters are his little secrets... that and the fact that he's smart.

"Four. I have four half sisters."

"I've never heard that about you before. Like I may not have friends, but I always hear when you like.... do someone..."

Louis chuckled. "No one knows but you, so keep a secret?"

"Of course, who would I tell?"

"I don't know like your friends."

Harry stiffened. "I don't have any friends." He said colder than he meant to. The bell sounded and Harry gathered his things quickly. "See you later." Harry stood up and left Louis sitting there.

-:-

Louis felt bad. Ever since Harry said he didn't have friends, Louis has felt shitty.

He was currently leaning against a tree on his phone. He was waiting for Harry to walk out of the school.

Harry shut his locker as some of the football team walked by. Harry's arms were weighed down with his textbooks. Although it was like feathers to him.

Keith, a football player, walked up to him. "Those look heavy let me help."

Harry opened his mouth to deny, but Keith grabbed his English binder, biology and maths textbook off the top of the pile.

Harry was about to thank him, but Keith dropped it all to the floor.

"Oops. Sorry." Keith didn't sound sorry at all as him and his buddies laughed.

Harry waited until they left before getting on his knees to gather it up.

"Harry?" A voice called. Footsteps came from the end of the hall.

"Yeah, Sorry, I had a bit of a confrontation."

"No, it's okay, do have a book bag to put these in?" Louis asked gathering up papers.

"Uh no... I just carry them." Harry said shyly.

"But you walked to school..."

Harry didn't reply. "Thanks for helping, Lou." Harry froze... "Sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"You can call me Lou.. I don't mind."

Harry nodded.

Louis handed Harry the rest of the books. "That looks heavy... Need help?"

Harry chuckled. "It's nothing." He said putting it all on one hand and lifting it up and down.

Louis looked surprised, to say the least.

"Let's go?"

Louis nodded and they walked out of the school.

"I live alone." Louis said as they neared his complex. "So, it's quite bland... I'm not one to decorate." He chuckled.

"It's your bachelor pad." Harry said stepping into the lift.

"Yeah, but yours is like this too right?"

Harry shook his head. "No, I have pictures of my mum and sister on the walls..." Him and Louis walked out of the lift and Louis unlocked the first door on the right.

"You have a sister?" Louis asked Harry walking into the flat. "I didn't know that."

Harry closed the door and set his books on the table in front of the couch. "You don't know anything about me." Harry said. He wasn't rude sounding, just pointing it out.

"Right... Tea?"

Harry nodded.

Louis ran to the kitchen and Harry looked around.

He let out a gasp at everything. He was sitting on a really soft - and really expensive - couch. A flat screen across from him, and a chandelier over his head.

Everything looked so expensive that he didn't want to touch(break) anything.

Louis walked back in to see Harry gawking at his living room. What's the big deal? Harry probably has the same thing.

"Here's your tea."

Harry jumped.

"Like my place?"

Harry blushed slightly.... "Uh, yeah. It's po-" Harry stopped himself from saying posh.

"It's what?"

"Pretty..."

Louis chuckled.

"Pretty? What about yours?"

Harry hesitated, He doesn't like to lie, he has lied only a few times, Which usually consisted of 'no mummy, I didn't eat a cookie.' Right here, right now, he doesn't want to lie to Louis and say that he has a luxurous home, "Uh, it's cozy. It has decorative pictures on the wall.. I don't know it's homely,"

"Are you saying my house looks eerie, unhabitated, and has a robotic feeling?"

Harry smiled. "Precisely."

Louis rolled his eyes, but he couldn't keep a smile off his face. "Thanks. I thought we were friends, but look at you insulting my flat."

"Friends?"

Louis' smile faded.. "Uh, yeah. If you want. I'd like to get to know you better."

Harry stared at Louis. "Why?"

"What?"

Harry bit his lip trying to stop questions from spilling out, but it was too late. "Why do you bother now? Is this a prank? Some kind of sick bet? I went through the first 3 months at a new school all alone and you and your group of people only talk to me when they want to make fun of me or destroy something of mine." Harry said, finally letting out 3 months of pent up emotions flow. "I've been all alone and you're sitting here in this place with everything you could ever dream of and I'm-" He cut off.

Louis looked at Harry. "I don't know. I felt-"

"Sorry for the friendless loser." Harry mumbled. "Forget it. I need to get home before it's dark, so let's get started."

Louis sat down next to him. He kept distance he felt bad. Harry grabbed a book off the stack.

Harry felt his phone ring in his pocket. "Sorry," Harry excused himself from the room. He grabbed his cell phone and smiled when he saw the caller. "I miss you." He said instead of hello.

"I miss you too, hunny. When are you coming to visit me?" She asked.

"I don't know, money is pretty tight, and I don't have time for a job..." He said quitely just incase Louis could hear.

"I know. What's up sweetie?"

"I'm at a friends house?" Harry said, can he call Louis a friend? He did just go off on him...

"See, I told you that you'd make a friend, and that your school will be amazing."

"Yeah. It's nice. You were right."

"I'm always right." She gloated. "Well, I better let you go."

Harry frowned and walked back in the room where Louis was. "Okay, bye. Call me tomorrow, I love you and miss you."

After she said it back - and promised she'd call him tomorrow - Harry hung up.

He looked at Louis who was thinking. Louis had heard Harry say the last bit to the caller. If he was taken, then the bet was off.

You're so selfish-

Louis shut his mind up.

"Sorry that was my mum."

Louis was relieved.

"Need help with Physics?"

Louis nodded, but he didn't need help with anything.

"Okay," Harry slid next to Louis, so that the book is half on Harry's leg, half on Louis' leg. "Newton's law of Motion says an object in motion tends to stay in motion, until acted upon by an unbalanced force. What do you think that means?"

Louis smiled, "That once something is moving, it keeps moving until something stops it. Or the other way around." Louis paused, "Like if I was to lean forward, I'd keep leaning until either, I stop myself," Louis got closer and dropped his voice to a whisper, "Or until I kiss you."

Harry cleared his throat and sat up straighter, "Uh, yes. Correct. Now, um, this is also known as-."

Louis scootched closer. "The Law of Inertia." He cut Harry off.

"The Second Law of Motion is-"

"Acceleration is produced when a force acts on a mass."

Harry nodded.

"And it means, if something of a greater mass hits something of lesser mass, the object of the lesser mass accelerates in the opposite direction of the force. So if you were shoving your big, long-"

"Okay, that's enough Physics tonight." Harry said quickly scooting away.

Louis wanted to laugh at Harry's flusteredness.

"Okay, how about Chemistry?"

Harry coughed, and shook his head. "I'm feeling quite sick, I should head home."

Louis stopped him, "No, no. Let me treat you to a cuppa tea and that cough will go away." He winked.

Harry gazed out of the window to see the sky streaking purple, pink, orange, and blue.

Dammit. He has a 30 minute walk - 20 minute run - home. He can't run with books home.

"Shit. I have to get home before it's dark, thanks for the study session," Harry rushed to gather his things.

Louis looked at him confused. "I'll drive you."

"Hell no." Harry stacked the last book on the pile and left with a nod.

Louis was pretty baffled, flabbergasted, bewildered. Use any of those you'd like. He sat back down staring at Harry's untouched mug of tea.

Harry speed-walked across the street and down into town. He crossed over on the 'bad-side' of town and ran into his run-down apartment complex. He passed by his nieghbor, who introduced herself as Ms. T - and smiled. "Need any help?" She had bags of groceries that was in her trunk, and Harry never liked to see people struggle.

She turned around and smiled at him, "Harry! You're such a sweet young lad! My grandson never helps me. And yes, I'd love some help."

Harry switched the books to one hand.. "Let me-"

"No, no. Go put those books up, and then help me."

Harry would object if it was anyone else, but instead he ran up the steps to his apartment and unlocked it. He set his books down on the table by the telly. He doesn't have cable, but he has a telly with a DVD player.

He left his flat and ran back down to Ms. T's car. He gathered up all the bags, 5 bags per hand, and carried them to her flat 3 doors down from his.

"You're so sweet! How was today? Everyone treating you nicely? Your sexuality is pretty common here."

Harry takes it back, he does have a friend, Ms. T is delightful.

"Yes, I helped a kid with Physics, although, I don't think he needed help to begin with."

"After school? Because there was a girl outside your door, she was waiting for you. She had blondish brown hair."

Harry widened his eyes. "Gemma?"

"Not sure, but she gave me this, after I told her you weren't home, and said to give it to the curly idiot." Ms. T held out an envelope.

Harry felt sad, he hasn't seen Gemma in a year. She moved in with Dad when Mum got sick, and he was stuck here. Robin isn't in the picture anymore, because he had a image to uphold, and a bald fiancé doesn't met the level. The reason Harry lives alone is because Des, doesn't like Harry. Des, always wanted an athletic, buff, ladies man, for a son. Instead, he got a dorky, genius son, who is secretly buff. The only people that have seen his tattoos, and muscles is him, and Ms. T. She only knows, because she knitted him a sweater and asked him to try it on.

"Thanks Ms. T. And I was wondering if, uh, you could knit me another sweater? My old one is coming apart and I can't afford-"

"Of course. Thank you for carrying my grocries, I'll get your payment to you."

"You don't have to-"

The door closed.

Harry smiled and walked back to his flat.

He opened the envelope when his bum sank into the couch.

Dear Harry,

You're Mum's favorite, and so she didn't want to tell you anything... But the doctor called Dad, she is going to have to stay longer and we're going to have to find a way to pay for her treatment... Dad doesn't know you're taking the money that he sends you to pay for her treatments, and I've told him how terrible your living situation is, and he's giving you some more. Please, please, please, use the extra for food. Last time I came by, you only had crackers in your cubords. Here is some extra money. (dad gave it to me to go shopping)

Call me sometime? I miss you. -Gemma.

Harry smiled and grabbed Gemma's shopping money, and put it in the cracker box.

Don't tell Gemma, but the cracker box in his cubboard was really filled with money for his mum. He had nothing to eat when she came by.

Louis set both mugs in the sink and sighed. Harry was still in his mind. Why? He doesn't fucking know. All he knows, is he has to finish this bet, but a unsettling feeling in his stomach tells him he'll end up getting hurt.

AN

Did you like it?

I didn't :(

Muah

XxDimples.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.2K 3K 12
Louis hated Harry. He was walking around like he was superior, thinking he was so hot and sexy. Well, Louis could see right through it. They had been...
2.5M 103K 32
[3rd place in the Bromance Awards Holiday 2015] The Styles and the Tomlinsons. Those two families have never gotten along with each other due to an...
87.4K 3.9K 16
You can do this! You are Louis Fucking Tomlinson for fuck sake. Louis eyes were closed. He was trying to concentrate on the task before him. Task...
Bullshit By Becca

Fanfiction

452K 14.5K 29
Louis and Harry were changing, everyone could see it, you had to be blind not to. The fans, modest and the boys, they all knew that Harry and Louis w...