The Frost Alchemist

By TwotheStarsandBack

Levy's life was never ordinary. From the time that she was seven to when she was eleven she raised her younge... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The Elrics
Chapter 2: Alex Louis Armstrong
Chapter 3: A Brilliant Alchemist
Chapter 4: The Frost Alchemist
Chapter 5: Assingment
Chapter 6: West City
Chapter 7: Attack
Chapter 8: Hospital
Chapter 9: Promise
Chapter 10: Negotiations
Chapter 11: Back to Central
Chapter 12: Training Camp Surprise
Chapter 13: Levy's Family
Chapter 14: Visitor
Chapter 15: Home and Hope
Chapter 16: A Favor
Chapter 18: The Hospital
Chapter 19: Arrested
Chapter 20: The Trial
Chapter 21: Resembool
Chapter 22: Taken
Chapter 23: Survive
Chapter 24: Alone
Chapter 25: Pride
Chapter 26: The Roans
Chapter 27: Repairs
Chapter 28: Mustang
Chapter 29: Tunnel
Chapter 30: Terrified
Chapter 31: The Target
Chapter 32: Back North
Chapter 33: I Swear
Chapter 34: The Arguments
Chapter 35: Stand By
Chapter 36: The Final Battle
Epilogue

Chapter 17: Some Answers

820 45 5
By TwotheStarsandBack

I wasn't about to call anyone until I knew something more than just that the Curtis' were gone. The Elrics were worried enough at the moment, that they didn't need this added to their plate. And I wasn't about to report anything to the Fuhrer until I actually knew something, so there I sat with Selim waiting for Mason to wake up.

"Won't your superiors be expecting a report soon?" Selim asked me as he settled into his chair, I chose to keep standing. I thought better that way.

"Yes, but they'll have to wait until we find out something," I replied. "I just... who could take down the Curtises? Izumi taught the Elrics their alchemy and Sig's strength rivaled Alex's. It doesn't make sense."

"Hopefully Mason can provide some answers," Selim commented and I nodded.

"What I do know is that it was deliberate, if it wasn't they would have taken Mason as well or just have killed him when they were there. It's like they wanted someone to come looking for Izumi Curtis and stumble upon their half dead apprentice," I commented.

"But who would do this?" Selim asked.

"We have to wait on Mason for that answer," I replied.

"Could the Elrics provide an answer?" he asked.

"They're worried enough without adding this on top," I said. "We won't be telling them anything unless that the Curtises are safe and home."

"Is that the smart idea?" he asked.

"It's what we're going to do," I replied. I looked over at Mason, whoever took the Curtises did a number on him. But not enough to kill him, but what was their plan? What if it had been a few more days? He would have died if not from the cold, then form starvation and hunger. Was it possible that they knew the timeline? But they couldn't have counted on the Elrics calling the Curtises or that I would be here so quickly. Was Mason meant to live?

And more so who the hell could take down Izumi Curtis? She's older than she used to be, but she was still a force to be reckoned with especially after she was healed from her attempt of human transmutation. Greed couldn't take her down when she was injured. And Sig was there two and he wouldn't go down easily. So who managed to get stronger than a homunculus and could take down both Curtises without bringing down the building? Or the entire city.

"Levy," Selim said pulling me out of my thoughts. I turned my attention to him, but he was looking at Mason, who now had his eyes open. I walked to his side of the bed.

"Mason, listen carefully, we have only a little bit of time before the doctor comes in. The Elrics sent me to check in on the Curtises, you need to tell me what happened so I can get them back," I said and he just looked at me. "Please Mason, I want to save them but I can't without your knowledge. If you help I promise they will come back safe."

"I've never seen them before," he said barely above a whisper, his voice was hoarse and uneven.

"Never? Can you describe them?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Too fast," he replied.

"Mason, there has to be something, anything that you remember that can help us," I said and he was quiet for a little while.

"They didn't use alchemy," he stated.

"They didn't?" I asked and he shook his head.

"What are you doing? The patient needs his rest," the doctor came in said.

"Nothing, we were just leaving," I said and Selim stood up and followed me out of the room.

"What now?" he asked.

"Now, we call an Elric," I replied and went to one of the phones in the hospital. I had to make a few calls, but finally I got the number that I needed.

"Hello, this is May Elric," May answered.

"May, it's Levy," I said.

"Levy! How are you?" she asked.

"Could be better. May, what do you know of Izumi Curtis?" I asked cutting to the chase.

"She taught Ed and Al their alchemy, she's super powerful and scares the boys senseless," she explained.

"Do you know if she has any enemies?" I asked.

"Why? Levy, what's going on?" she asked.

"Nothing I want to worry you about, please May," I asked.

"There's no one that comes to mind, Izumi was respected by even her enemies. This may be a question for Ed or Al," she commented.

"I just don't want to worry with them since Winry's sick," I replied.

"Your uncle may know something then, he spent some time with the Curtises, he and Sig really hit off. They like having competitions and comparing muscle sizes, he's certainly spent more time with the two of them than I did," she explained.

"Thanks May, I'll explain what's going on later until then don't mention this to anyone," I replied and she promised she'd keep quiet before I hung up. I then called my uncle's office. He answered on the first ring.

"Alex, I need your help with something," I said.

"Straight to the point," he said, he didn't sound like himself.

"Well yes. Did the Curtises have any enemies?" I asked.

"Izumi and Sig? Of course not greatly respected by all alchemists," he replied.

"But what about people who aren't alchemists?" I asked.

"Izumi doesn't flaunt her strength and help everyone when she can, people generally like them. What are these questions about Levy?" he asked.

"Just a new assignment and you can't tell the Elrics anything they have enough to worry about with Winry being sick," I replied.

"Winry sick! I did not know! I must go visit the Elrics immediately!" he shouted. Oh Edward was going to kill me.

"That's fine as long as you don't mention what I asked you today," I said.

"Of course I won't-" he began and I could feel a story beginning so I said bye and then hung up.

"Any luck?" Selim asked.

"Izumi and Sig are loved by all or at the very least respected by entire communities. I want to go back to their place, you stay here with Mason in case he remembers something or someone comes after him. I shouldn't be at their place for too long," I said and Selim took a seat in the hall while I headed back to the meat shop. It was the same as we had left it, I breathed through my mouth as I entered as the smell was still horrible. Everything was the same, except the door to the fridge was closed and there was a new hole in the wall. Someone had been here. Was it the attackers coming back to make sure Mason was dead? Or the Curtises to see if Mason was still here and alive? No, it wouldn't be the Curtises, they wouldn't have damaged their shop further. And one would stay behind to clean up while the other looks for Mason, or they would call for backup at the least. So the attackers? But why come back now of all times?

I saw something in the corner of my eye and turned just in time to stop a knife from stabbing me in the back. I held onto the knife with my left hand as the person who was wielding was pushing harder and harder to injure me. The girl holding the knife couldn't have been more than a couple years older than me.

"You're faster than the others," she commented. "But you should still surrender, Alchemist" How did she know I was an alchemist? I hadn't used any alchemy, nor did I have any transmutation circles on me.

"Why do you think I'm an alchemist?" I questioned, I could easily take the girl down. She had been trained to fight, but I had automail on my side, it would be all too easy, so I took the time to ask questions.

"You're one of the ones that carries the watch," she said. My watch was currently hanging out of my pocket, I don't even remember it falling out.

"Then you know how hard it will be to hurt me, so put down the knife and I'll take you in for questioning," I said, but she smiled and just as she did that there was a sharp pain coming from my back. I let go of her knife pushing her back and turned to see another person who was holding a bloody knife, I launched myself at him punching him right across the face knocking him out.

"How dare you touch him!" the girl shouted before going to the boy, who must have been a year older than her. She knelt next to him and threw something on the ground, smoke filled the place and once it cleared they were both gone.

"What the hell was-"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.3K 1.5K 32
An ill-tempered alchemist, a girl who enjoys poking fun a little too much, and a poor suit of armor that stands between their fights. An initially fo...
1.9K 160 65
Hello readers,writers and artist! You may know who Pandagirl and Stormie are if you don't I recommend reading their books as well. This book howeve...
2.7K 54 50
Elizabella Rockbell was never interested in becoming a state alchemist. She was more than happy following Edward Elric and his brother Alphonse Elric...
165K 6.1K 45
Alchemy. A science formed around the laws of equivalent exchange. Edward and Alphonse Elric learned the hard way that nothing can be exchanged for a...