Death Is My BFF (Book 1 Origi...

By katrocks247

Watty Award Winner 2011) *ORIGINAL SERIES* This is the first book of the Original Death Is My BFF Series, whi... More

DEATH IS MY BFF IS NOW PUBLISHED!!!
All Rights Reserved
Deathly Prologue
Chapter 1: The Garbage Can Smasher
Chapter 2: Death By Pumpkin Patch
Chapter 3: The Sweatshirt Thief
Chapter 4: Death By Costume
Chapter 5: Death By Taco
Chapter 6: Death By Party
Chapter 7: Let Me Just Get My Floaties
Chapter 8: Death By Group Discussion
Chapter 9: Hide And Go Death
Chapter 10: Clown On The Prowl
Chapter 11: Death By Clown
Chapter 12: A New Start...And Apartment
Chapter 13: Waiting And Waiting
Chapter 14: Twenty Questions
Chapter 15: Day One: Getting the Boss A Sandwhich
Chapter 16: Yeah Right! This Was Like My First Day In Hell....o How Are You?
Chapter 17: Death By Egg Roll
Chapter 18: Taunting Grimmy
Chapter 19: Strawberry Milk
Chapter 20: Death By Pizza Guy
Chapter 21: Watching My Every Move
Chapter 22: Eenie Meenie Minie...
Chapter 23: Death By Fun House
Chapter 24: Death By Fun House~ Part 2
Chapter 25: A Deathly Drive Home
Chapter 26: Night Job
Chapter 27: Unexpected And Unprepared
Chapter 28: A Bossy Temper Tantrum
Chapter 29: Death By Changing Room
Chapter 30: I Glow In The Dark
Chapter 31: Creepy...Crawlers
Chapter 32: A Death Note
Chapter 34: Killing Between The Lines
Chapter 35: Mood Killer
Chapter 36: His Cloak Is His Only Saving Grace
Chapter 37: Death By Dream
Chapter 38: Attack of The Copy Machine
Chapter 39: Mr. Acrimony
Chapter 40: Peek A Boo! I See....
Chapter 41: D.D.R- Death Dance Revolution
Chapter 42: Hidden Image
Chapter 43: Death By Spicy Salsa
Chapter 44: Faithy-Poo Is Stuck Like Glue
Chapter 45: The Auspicious One In The Family
Chapter 46: Cruentus
Chapter 47: Distorted Reflection
Watty Awards-- Until Next time
Deathly Epilogue
WANT MORE DEATH IS MY BFF???
DIMBFF Series Order
Death by Message

Chapter 33: Don't Mess With The Cloak

342K 13.2K 6.5K
By katrocks247

:DDDD  Make sure to vote for the chapter's before this if you haven't yet!!

In the music video pay close attention to the characters laying in the water in the beginning, and some of the hospital scenes. ;)  MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA you better VOTE for more!! :)))))

~You were my conscience, so solid now you're like water. And we started drowning, not like we'd sink any further. ~I've got a skeleton in me, but I'm not the villain. Despite what you're always preaching. ~I hear them calling, they're calling!

**********************************************************************************************************

I shivered for the third time while attempting to fold the cloak in a neat manner.

That was of course impossible to do because of the large size, and the heavy material. I spread the thing across my bed with my bright yellow rubber-gloved hands, wiping sweat off of myforeheadwiht my forearm. My room had strangely become uncomfortably hot over night to the point that my brain was begging for me to bathe in some ice cubes. It wasn’t my fault I was so over-heated, I had turned a quick fold of a cloak turned into a forty minute attempt to make it small enough to fit in one of my drawers. But no matter how close I got to folding it, the clothing seemed to be raised higher in one corner, or grow in size. I refused to over think the whole growing in size part, I was still trying to handle the fact that it was floating not too long ago.

This thing has got to go. I need to throw it out. There is no way in the fiery depths of hell I was wearing that piece of clothing. It just screamed, ‘That’s right, put me on. Nothing will happen I swear.’

Little did it know how determined I was not to place the material over my skin, or even attempt to smell it. Even if I did have a strong feeling the material would caress my skin like the smoothest silk, and I would technically be wearing the Grim Reapers cloak, which let’s face it would be a great add on to my Twitter page.

I couldn’t just throw the cloak away like I did with Mr. Wiggles, he would just find a way to retrieve it. I couldn’t just leave it in my closet where Marcy could see it because she would think I was going mad; I had to fold it small enough that I could fit it behind my dresser, or in the back of one of my drawers. As one could see, that plan wasn’t doing too well.

“ARGH!” I roared at it, hitting it with my fist over and over again. I swear it was almost as if the cloak didn’t want to fold correctly. How had I managed to fold it into a triangle?

I took a deep, calming breath while trying to figure out a spot to put this massive piece of clothing. Unfolding it completely, I lay it back onto my bed with the hood faced down.

I don’t want that thing staring at me again; it was almost as if it had eyes.

“FA-ITH!” Marcy’s voice sung from the kitchen. I froze in my spot, staring at the large male-sized cloak on my bed. As quick as lightening I locked my bedroom door, right when Marcy jiggled the handle. “Faith let me in babe! Don’t you want to hear about college?”

I leaned against the door trying to think of an excuse.“I—I can’t right now! I’m tweezing my eyebrows!”

At the sound of my voice the cloak on the bed twitched a little at the ends. My eyebrows rose behind my hairline as I braced myself further against the door.

Oh hell no.

“I think we’ve all tweezed our eyebrows! Isn’t that something you do in the bathroom anyways?”

“Yes well…that spider was in there again! And now…now it’s in here and I don’t want it to bite you!” I replied quickly, biting my lip to the point that it started to bleed a little. The dark material on my bed began to sit up a little like a person before sliding off of the far side of my bed, out of my sight. Had that really just happened?

“Faith?” Marcy asked from the other side of the door. I realized she had answered me a question and I had blocked her out. I switched the lights in my room on high and tried to squat to look under the bed to see if the robe had hid under my bed but nothing was there.

“HUGE spider!” I blurted out; sweat starting to line the spine of my back. I stuck around my bed, peering over the side of it. The strange piece of clothing was nowhere in sight, leaving a thin imprint on my duvet. Where did it go?

“What’s going on, are you ok you sound a little frantic? Is everything ok?”

I put my hands through my black hair in a stressful manner, after wandering aimlessly around my room for the cloak. I put my hands on my hips and opened the door. “Marcy now is not the time.”

“Hey!” Her expression dropped when she took in my sweaty form. “Girl, you have a boy in here don’t you!” she cooed, a large grin suddenly appearing on her lips. In an instant she tried to trample me down in the room. “Where is he?” she questioned, opening up my walk in closet. “Is he hot—“She stopped mid-sentence, staring wide eyed in the closet.

At this point my heart was barely functioning it was pounding so fast. Marcy covered her mouth with her left hand, slowly walking further into the closet.

“You didn’t,” I heard her whisper, her tone un-readable. She came back out holding a small, black kitten, with its paws dangling over the side of her arm. “You didn’t?” she squealed, cradling the most adorable looking black cat in her arms. “When, why, where, how—aww!”

“Isn’t it cute,” I said dryly, having no interest in the animal what’s-so-ever. How had the cat gotten into my closet? Did the hooded man leave an animal in my room too?

“SO cute! Did you get this for my first day of school? If so this is the best present ever! What do you want to name it?” The words were sputtering from Marcy’s excited teeth. She came over to me and gently handed over the cat, continuing her rant about the new animal

The kitten licked my cheek as she was talking with a rough pink tongue, probably looking adorable to the average eye.  But I knew better. I knew the shade of green that cat had been too bright a color for feline, as well as the intelligence that was held deep within them. I stared down the thing in my arms, a thin line on my lips.

“Oh my gosh! We can play with it all night! I can get toys; we can go food shopping for it and get it a cute little pink bed!” My best friend’s voice echoed in the background. “Wait, is it potty trained? If not it can sleep in your room, just in case…” Her voice melted into the background once again, as if I pressed the small rubber mute button on a remote.

The small creature that resembled a cat in every way held my gaze right back, their eyes starting to lose their friendly film they had before. A tight, familiar feeling started in my throat, spreading down my body until it reached the center of my stomach, as one of the creature’s eyes managed a small twitch, one that could only be described as a wink.

That’s really all I have to say, besides the fact that if you do by any chance freak out and try and stab my baby, it will most likely strangle you, like an Anaconda hungry for some squirrel, the letter’s words echoed in my head, sending one solid chill down every vertebrae of my spine. A incredibly strong, strangling sensation told me that I was not at all holding a furry black cat, but the large cloak that disappeared off my bed moments before.

And something else told me it just loved I was paying attention to it. 

 ************************************************************************************************************

It was as if the cloak was playing a little game with me, pretending to be this cute, innocent little animal that couldn’t understand what I was saying. I knew better. I knew better than to believe this was a normal house cat that had wandered into the house and into my closet. But how did the cloak change forms? Was that the way the hooded man changed his identity?

What if he was himself at the moment? Was that why he was so jumpy to get his cloak back in the dream?

“He’s so precious!” Marcy repeated for the millionth time, holding the cat in her arms as if it was a delicate piece of tissue paper. She placed the cat gently on the pile of blankets that were stacked on the side other couch and wondered into the kitchen for a snack. The little black ball of fluff on the couch began to lick its paw, purring quietly to itself.

“I’ve seen cuter,” I found myself saying, looking for a reaction from the cat. It ignored me, continuing to clean it.

“What should we name it?” Marcy questioned, searching hungrily though the practically empty refrigerator. She moved around items talking to her, as she had done since second grade. Not only did she talk to herself, she also babbled in her sleep, and blurted out things she didn’t mean constantly.

“I think we should name it rainbow.”

The cat stopped licking itself, and paused. Its ears slowly rose to our conversation.

“Dude! Rainbow the kitten that’s so adorable!”

“Yeah…” I replied in a daze, trying to think of another way to bring out the best in this little ‘Cat’ on the couch. I pulled the blanket I had draped over me further at a growing coldness in the room. “Can you turn the light on? It’s kind of dark in here.”

“Yup,” she said. Marcy flicked the lights on by the fridge in a blink of an eye, draping the whole apartment with dim lighting.

“Higher, I’m reading a magazine and I don’t want to strain my eyes.”

We hadn’t turned the living room fan-light on high since we moved in. It was so obnoxiously bright it practically blinded you when stared at. “Fine, but don’t ask me to do anything else. I’m too hungry.” She flicked it on completely, drenching the couch the ‘cat’ was on completely with light.

“Thanks!” I chirped, sitting in a more comfortable position on the couch. I watched the ‘cat’ on the couch struggle to act normal, twitching a little with effort. So what he wrote in the note was true. The cloak hates light. The creature tried to crawl under the blanket, its little butt waggling in the air as it did so.

As I started to laugh at it, its head shot out of the blanket and snapped up in my direction. I locked onto its green eyes, suddenly getting a terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. It obviously wasn’t taking this joke lightly, the way its eyes slowly narrowed in my direction.

The lights flickered. I sat up abruptly, getting ready to sprint out of the house. There was no way I was staying in a dark room with this thing.

Marcy grunted by the stove, throwing her head back. “Jesus! We don’t have the right pasta, and now the lights are flickering! This house is cursed or something, I—Uumph--“

As she was talking her eyes suddenly crossed and her body dropped face first onto the kitchen floor collapsing to the counter, and then sliding onto the ground. I stared wide eyed as she twitched slightly on the ground.

“Marcy?” I questioned, getting up off the couch. “Marcy!” I ran to her side starting to shake her small body. I pressed two fingers to her neck to check her pulse, quickly letting out a breath of relief. She was still alive.

She was also snoring.

“What the…? What is she…sleeping?” I got up from my kneeled position on the ground and raced for the phone on the kitchen counter, dialing 911. I turned towards Marcy’s unconscious form, reading myself to explain the odd situation. The phone rang twice and then got cut off, as if someone cut the phone line.

That was when things started to get a little creepy.

The sound of little scrapes along the floors, and then a low hum brought my gaze away from Marcy’s sleeping form, and up to the now dark living room. It was the only spot in the house that had grown dark when my back was turned.

Oh you have to be kidding me.

I stepped closer to the living room with a pounding heart, the phone clutched to my chest. I had to protect Marcy; it was as simple as that. I moved my position a foot away from her sleeping body, monitoring the room. “Here Kitty, Kitty,” I started to whisper.

In the corner of my eye a shadow drifted into my peripheral vision, surely larger than a kitten. My eyes darted to the living room, the phone situated in my hand as a gun. “I know what you are. So you can cut the kitten act you piece of cotton.”

A soft hum started to linger into my ears, sending chills down my back. I knew exactly where it was now. I slowly turned around, my fists clenched at my sides as I faced the kitchen counter. On top of it sat a small black kitten, with bright green eyes roaming over my body as someone else I knew would do.

Its ears lowered slowly, as I let out a snort. “Well, look at that,” I blurted, crossing my arms over my chest. “Aren’t you a chip off the ol’ block! Flickering the lights and taking my friends out of the picture so we can be alone. Does he teach you everything or just how to iron yourself?”

I giggled at my own pun.

“Funny,” a voice replied, sounding bored. My eyes boggled out of my skull as the cat’s mouth had moved perfectly to the single word.

“Y-y-you j-just—“

“If you’re going to stutter like and imbecile, please don’t bother to speak,” the cat began, its deep voice resembling that of a small kitten. I stood stunned, my mouth slightly open. As it spoke louder I realized the voice sounded vaguely familiar.

The cat’s tail wiped to the side, ending my thoughts. “Yes it’s me you dumbass. I can project myself through the cloak....well, I can project this through the cloak.”

“A kitten?” I manage, feeling laughter build up inside me. ‘You’ve been the kitten this whole time?” My hand drifted over my mouth to try and hide the outburst that would was soon to come. Someone as massive as the hooded man was taking the form of a feeble, small cat?

“Before you start to make unnecessary jokes like "Maybe some cat-nip will put you in the mood!" or 'Don't make me brush you," or any other jokes about naming me Rainbow,  this is no laughing matter. This kitten is the only projection I can use because of that.” Its small head motioned to the cross next to the door, while at the same time it let out a hiss. “I thought I told you to remove the cross. Or was it too difficult for your microscopic brain to comprehend? Should I give you step by step directions on a piece of paper?”

I crossed my arms over my chest, as my heartbeat started to return to normal. “I have no reason to obey you; I don’t even know who you are, or frankly what you are. You dropped the cloak off at my house to begin with no reason but to scare me.”

“Did I?” the cat contradicted, looking distracted at the rooms appearance.  "I don't recall."

“I want answers,” I said sternly, not allowing him to brush off the subject. “I want to know why you keep trying to kill—“

“Kill?” the animal interrupted. Its eyes widened at the word, as if becoming excited.

“Yes, kill.”

“You know better than to bring that word up around me. It gets me all—“It abruptly fluffed up, its black hair as if to shiver. The body of the kitten grew in size as the long hairs stood up at their end.

I grinned as he scowled at his own puffed up appearance. I rebelled against my mind which was screaming at me to go into my room and lock the door, by stepping closer to the  tiny creature. “The word ‘kill’ get’s you all fluffy?” I let out a short laugh. “I’ve got to say, Kitten, that’s the manliest action I’ve seen you do yet.”

The green feline eyes slowly grew ice cold once again at my sarcasm. “I am no man to begin with,” he stated, letting the words seep into my skin. “Fancy that, Faith; you really don’t know anything about me, do you? I could be some psycho, sadistic, rebellious, dangerous, and cigarette-addicting-angel who enjoys making someone in particular trust in them and then--"A pause. "--eating the flesh of snobby, little annoying women with blue eyes.” 

My expression hastily grew serious as I took in all the possible meaning of that sentence. The one that stood out the clearest was that he had just described himself in two sentences.

The cat looked thoughtfully into the distance before turning to give me another solid wink. “I don’t know about you but that last part of that sentence gave me a hairballl."

I stood there with my mouth still gawking.

He let out the most adorable meow, before narrowing his eyes at me again. "Well, I have to go before my pride is destroyed anymore in this puny, atrocious excuse for an animal. I'll expect my cloak no later than midnight tonight, or you and I will personally have even more problems.”

The cat let out a short laugh before jumping off the counter, and changing into a cotton-like puddle of black fabric

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3M 235K 24
My Watty Awards 2013 Winner! The fourth installment of the DIMBFF series continues the thrilling journey of a young woman, Faith Williams, battling f...
4.9M 31.1K 9
"I know you're a virgin but have you never been touched?" He asked, sliding his other hand down onto her leg. "What makes you say that?" Kat breathe...
303K 18.2K 49
PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS BEAUTIFUL CHAOS - same story, NEW TITLE! |2022 Wattys Shortlist| When a demon princess and a human man collide, it is beautiful...
606K 30.4K 101
7 deadly demons and a freshman college girl. Surprisingly, they will become more attached to each other, than anyone could have predicted. *** Runni...