Runaway | August Alsina

By AkiraMiCole

Meet Aoki Lee Alsina , unknown daughter of August Alsina and Rayuana Aleyce but child of the foster system. ~... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.

21.

5.1K 294 137
By AkiraMiCole

Plz excuse any mistakes :)

A U G U S T

"Ok maybe I shouldn't have said that, but please just help me August."

I looked at the money she threw at me and raised my eyebrows. "Beggars can't be choosers."

She slowly picked the money off the floor and put it in her purse. "Bye Tiana."

She half smiled and turned around to leave. I closed the door behind her and stood in the same spot for a moment.

Walkin' back inside my room I sat on the bed and grabbed Raya's hand. "What?" She asked softly.

"Come hea." I said pullin' her.

I jus' wanted to cuddle with her and she tried her best to push me away every time.

She crawled onto my lap and laid back. "I wonder who's the farther." Raya said.

"I'm not."

I knew for sure Tiana was lyin' when she said dat'. I used condoms everytime we had sex.

"Ok."

"It's not our time Ra-"

"August please." She mumbled gettin' up.

"Whea' you goin'?

"I don't know."

"Let's talk about it. Dis' what we're goin' to do now?" I asked standin' up.

I know she was mournin' but we needed to talk. I was so busy takin' care of her and Aiko, it's like she forgot I had feelins too.

She didn't say anythin'. "Why can't you talk to our daughter Raya?"

"August please. Can we do this later."

"No. Can't you see our daughter needs her mother. I kno' we lost a child but dats not ya only child Raya. She's hurt Raya and the only thing keepin' her hea' is some fuckin' pills."

"I'm hurt too! This is not easy for me."

I chuckled and shook my head. "It damn sure was easy the first time." I responded.

"What?" She asked taken back.

"You put our daughter up for adoption. She might as well been dead. So tell me what's different now?"

She stared at me. "Da only difference is you actually wanted this child huh?" I questioned.

I know Raya gave Aiko up because I wasn't around but it was a another sorry excuse of hers. I might've been young and dumb, but not dumb enough to walk away from my child.

There was a long pause. I shook my head and started walking away. "August wait." She grabbed my arm.

"I'll see you later." I said movin' my arm.

I knocked on Aiko's door befo' I went in. She was watchin' tv. "I haven't been out in a while."

"I'm guessing we're about to go out?" She said gettin' up.

"Yes." I smiled.

She slid her shoes on and fixed her hair with her hands. I laughed quietly and she looked at me. "You look beautiful baybeh girl."

"You're supposed to say that." She replied.

"I'm a honest man." I chuckled.

She smiled. "Okay."

We left the house and ended up at a lake. It wasn't much but we both needed some fresh air and I knew she wouldn't want to be around too many people.

"I never went fishing before." Aiko laughed.

"Yea, me either." I said, holdin' my laugh.

"What?" She asked, with a straight face. "So how are we supposed to know what to do?"

"You doubtin' me?" I chuckled. "I'an dat' dumb."

"Is dat' so." She say mockin' me.

I glanced at her half smilin. "Ion talk like dat'."

She titled her head. "Sure." She smiled.

"See. Ma'fuckin' boom." I smiled, showin' her the fishin rod.

She started laughin' which cause me too. "That's cheating. One, the rod is already set up. See." She said showing me hers. "And two, that was funny."

We threw the rods in the da water once we got the bait on. We probably looked like two dumb fools. "Thankyou." Aiko said looking at me.

"I nodded. "Your welcome baybeh girl."

"We never talked about that night. I know I scared you. I'm sorry."

I cleared my throat and looked straight ahead. She was right. "I think it was more hurtful for me ta' see you goin through dat'."

"Yeah."

"I jus' want you to kno' I'm hea' for you if nobody else isn't."

"Thanks. That means a lot."

"I love you Aiko."

"I love you too dad."

__

"Hey August." Izumi spoke as Aiko and I entered the kitchen.

She looked at Aiko and smiled. "Wow she's beautiful. She looks like papa." She said referring to her and Raya's dad.

"I'm Izzy. Raya's sister."

"My aunt."

Izzy laughed and looked at Raya and I. "I think I would have to be around to fill those shoes." Aiko nodded understandin'.

It was an akward silence. "Hey dad Ill be upstairs." Aiko said takin' her fish tank wit' her.

We didn't catch any big fish. I caught a baybeh fish, but Aiko started talkin' about how you suppose to throw it back. I make my own rules and dat' fish there is now hers.

Aiko looked at Raya and Raya looked towards the ground. We all needed to sit down and talk.

"Izumi." I said.

"Izzy."

"Why the change?" I asked.

"Easy to say." She grinned.

"Why are you here?" Raya asked, cuttin' in.

"I can't visit my little sister?"

Raya rolled her eyes. "You haven't visited me in ten years."

"People change Raya. You should know first hand." Izzy stated lookin' at me.

"You wanna say somethin'?" I questioned.

"Nope."

"I'll let y'all talk."

I left the kitchen. Ian wanna be in the middle or anythin' and Ian wanna disrespect Raya sister when she started talkin' out da side of ha neck.

R A Y A

"You picked the perfect time to come." I said sarcastically.

It has been ten years since I've seen my sister. Out of those ten years we only talked twice. I only heard what she was doing through my parents and family members.

"Stop with the dramatics. How are you doing. You know with the whole baby thing?"

I looked at her like she was dumb. "Not good if that's what you thought."

"Well you shouldn't be having any more children without being married anyways." She shrugged, picking at her nails.

"What did I ever do to you?" My voiced cracked.

She scoffed. "Don't go playing miss innocent. You did it all our life. Don't think I didn't know you use to sneak around with him, but nobody ever realized cause you were the perfect daughter. While on the other hand I use to get beat for doing the most simplest thing."

"I would hardly call it getting beat. It's not my fault you were always in some boys face and hanging with the wrong crowd."

"Yeah well there's just some things you don't know."

"Like what Izumi? What was so hard about your life!"

"Nothing." Her phone chimed before she read her message.

She looked at me and sighed. "I have to go. If you want to talk you better talk and walk." She said walking away.

I followed her out the house and got inside her car. "Nice car."

She flipped the compact mirror down and reapplied her lipstick. "This isn't mine. A friend of mines." She said starting the car.

I shook my head and fastened my seatbelt as she drove off. "So are you going to talk?" I asked.

"Aiko's beautiful. Couldn't imagine what she went through growing up, but then again we seem somewhat alike."

"Don't compare yourself to her."

She glanced at me and back at the road. "How does that work for you Raya. Taking care a child you don't want."

"Izumi shut up." I said, sternly.

She started laughing and it touched my nerves. "I bet he doesn't know you gave her up even after they told you she had a life threatening condition."

She looked at me once we reached a stop light. "He doesn't know huh?" She smirked.

"Take me back."

"You're on my time." She did this every time.

She always found a way to get under my skin or kick me at my lowest point.

I sat back in my seat and stared out the window. I know I had made a big mistake and I was scared to admit it. It seemed like nothing that happened to me mattered.

I know Aiko needs me, but the truth is I can't connect with her. I didn't feel that connection with her like I felt with Emiko while she was in my stomach.

We stopped moving and and I looked up. We were in front of someone's town house. "I'll be back." Izumi said getting out the car.

The front door opened to the home and a tall man came out with a baby in his arms. Izumi kissed the baby's head and picked him up. She waved me over so I got out the car.

"Raya this is Deshawn your nephew." I looked at her.

I mind wondered off. Why didn't she tell me she had a son. Were we that screwed up.

"Say hey shawny pooh."

"I'll be inside. It was nice meeting you Raya I heard so much about you."

"I wish I can say the same umm?"

"Desmond." He smiled.

"Nice to meet you." I said before he went back inside the house.

"How old is he?"

"Ten months." She smiled.

"Wow. Does mom and dad know?"

She looked at me and shook her head. "I don't want them to. He has all the family he needs now."

"So are y'all together?" I asked, referring to Desmond.

"No but we're living together. I'm moving back."

"Oh." I wasn't sure how I felt about that.

She always tried to put me down. I wanted a good relationship with my sister but it was just impossible.

"I can take you back now."

"Why me? Why let him meet me?"

She turned around right before she entered the house and shrugged. "We did have some good times." She said, going inside.

I walked back to the car and got in. Izumi came out five minutes later. The ride back to the house was quiet. It was so much unsaid words between us and the pot was over boiling.

"Having children is a blessing I wouldn't take lightly. After you watched your daughter go through something like that and not be there for her. If you are half the person I think you are you would treat that girl exactly how mom treated you."

"Izumi please don't start."

She held her hands in. "I'm just saying. You got the love I wanted. Being older came with responsibilities. I got to watch you be the kid. And now I have my own child, I wouldn't dare make the same mistakes you did."

I wiped my face with the tips of my fingers. I understood my mistakes but she couldn't judge me. I wasn't perfect.

"You don't understand."

"I understand perfectly Raya. Stop making excuses for yourself."

"Why do you insist on bashing me? Is it ever going to be enough for you?

"Bye sister." She said unlocking her doors.

"No what's wrong with you they you can't ever see anyone happy!"

"Because I've never been happy Raya! I watched our dad. The man you praise, put his hands on mom. Not only her but me."

I shook my head. "You want attention that bad you lie on our parents. Why would he do that, huh please tell me cause I'm obviously missing the big picture."

"He's not my dad Raya. He's yours. My dad is dead. Your dad took me in but I use to cry for my dad and he didn't like it. It started off something so small and spiraled out of control. So I don't hate you Raya I'm jealous of you." She cried.

I wiped my eyes opened the door. "I'm sorry."

I couldn't sit there. I looked back at Izumi before I closed the front door. I didn't mean to leave her but I couldn't sit there.

I needed to clear the air with everyone and tell the truth even if it costed me my family.

.
.
.
A/n

Comment & Vote

~ Kira

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 1.2K 25
When the savage life meets modern day mindlessness........
6.9K 358 35
Engaged couple, Lo and Kash, had a love that everyone dreamed about. The only problem is...not everything was perfect on the inside, as it looked on...
79.6K 736 59
Stacey is 15 turning 16 when she discovers a secret that turns her life around. She is forced to move from sunny California to Houston,Texas. She doe...
11.6K 152 10
━━━ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 i'll upload one shots about various male one piece characters. started: november 9, 2022 finished: february 13, 2023