The Pregnant soon-to-be Wife

By JaneLanett

Annabelle Vaughn never thought of coming so close to seeing a billionaire much less falling in love with one... More

Important!
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Broken
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Author's Note
An Epilogue?
Epilogue
Appreciation

Chapter 13

35.8K 1.4K 47
By JaneLanett

I felt the sun on my skin and the ray seeping through my lids. I steered and faced the ceiling to adjust and felt an arm around my waist and it all came back.

Last night was...amazing.

Wait, what?

Amazing doesn't even begin to cover it. It was out of this world mind blowing. It was a totally new feeling for me. I felt my cheeks burn up at the thought of every single detail. My heart begin to pound.

"What are you thinking about that's making you blush?"

I turned my face to the left and saw him staring at me. He smiled at me.

"G'morning" I said to him feeling totally shy.

Yea, funny right. After last night you'd think I'd get over it but No!

"Hun-hm" he shook his head and sat up a little using his elbow to support himself as he faced me. "Don't try to avoid the question"

"It was nothing"

"Nothing was making you blush so hard" he had a smirk on his face

"I wasn't blushing"

A smile slowly crept to his lips "Lying doesn't suit you Anna"

I moved away from him trying to get up and I winced at the pain between my thighs. He pulled me back to the bed.

"Are you alright?"

I looked at his face. His brows were creased.
"Yea. I'm just sore"

"Shit! I'm sorry" sadness was written all over him

I smiled "Hey" I reached out and touched the side of his face "It was worth it"

We stared at eachother knowing exactly what the other was thinking. He smiled when he saw me blush.

"Now I know exactly what you were thinking" he got up from the bed "Stay there. I'll be right back" he went into the bathroom.

He was so bossy!

Dear face,
thank you for your betrayal and your acquaintance with Mr. Blush. I'm sure you're both happy now that you've given me away and Mr. Hot now knows exactly what I was thinking.

Yours annoyingly,
Annabelle.

He walked back into the room. "Ran a bath for you"

"Thanks" I smiled at him and began getting out of the bed trying so hard not to show the pain.

"Are you crazy?" he came towards me "Do you want to become more sore?" He lifted me fro the bed, bridal style.

"Matt..."

"Don't you dare tell me you can walk" he said

I wrapped my hands around his neck and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Good girl"

He put me in the tub and I felt the warm water already doing its thing. I didn't let go of him.

"Anna..."

"Don't you dare tell me to let you go" I snapped back

He chuckled "You have to"

"I don't want to"

"I can't stay here and watch you"

"Then join me"

"That's just gonna make it worse"

"Make what worse?" I was confused

He drew away and looked at me
"You're sore and you can't do it for a while till you're better and I can't stop thinking about it when you're around me"

"Oh" now I get. I smiled at him.

He got up and left.

10 minutes later. I was still in the tub, I think I fell asleep.

"Anna?" I heard Matt call then enter the bathroom "Are you okay?"

"Yea" I smiled "I think I fell asleep"

He smiled "Are you done or do you want to stay for a little longer?"

"No. I'm done" I said sitting up from the tub

He brought me a towel as I got out of the tub and released the stopper to let the water flow. I felt much better now.

He wrapped the towel around me and carried me to the room

"You know I can walk right?" I said when he sat me down

"Yea, just felt like carrying you" he sat next to me.

"I need to put on some clothes" I got up and made my way to my room.

I brushed my teeth and combed my hair. I went to my room and to the closet. Opened the drawer and I wore my panties and a small red short. I wore my bra and I put on a plain white tank top. Then there was a knock at the door

"Anna?"

"Come in" I called

Matt entered my room. I looked at him and saw him holding some clothes. I guess he saw me looking at his hand.

"Your clothes...from last night"

I felt the heat creep to my face "Thanks" I went towards him and collected my clothes.

He smiled "I love it when you blush...but when are you gonna get over it"

"Over what?"

"Over the fact that we made love last night" he said plainly

I gasped at his directness

He laughed "Anna" he approached me "We made love and it was...incredible. I almost couldn't stop myself"

I smiled, then I noticed that he wasn't dressed for work.

"You aren't going to work today?"

"No. I thought I'd stay back with you"

"Matt, you don't have to. I could always go to Kat's"

"I want to"

I looked at him not knowing what else to say. No words could describe what I felt right now so I just did what I could do to show him what I felt. I stepped closer, hooked my hand around his neck and brought his face to mine as I tipped my toes.

I kissed him slowly and lovingly as his hands went around my waist and into my hair. I moaned remembering how he worked his hands all over me last night. He stopped the kiss slowly and rested his forehead on mine. I saw his jaw clench. He obviously didn't want to stop it.

Then why did he?

"We have to go?" He said pulling back

"Where?"

"Out, to have breakfast" he said

"I could make breakfast"

"No! I want to take you out" he said to quickly

I smiled "Like on a date"

"Yea, like on a date" he smiled back

"Okay, I'll go put on my flats" I said going into my closet

"How about some clothes" he called

"What wrong with what I'm wearing?" I called back

"No can do" he said

I got out of the closet wearing one of my flats and went to him with a curious look on my face.

What was wrong with what I'm wearing?

Like he read my mind.
"It's too short"

"And?" I asked

"I don't want any guy ogling you"

A smile slowly crept to my lips and face till I laughed.

"What's funny?"

"You! Let's go" I said and was making my way out of the room when I felt his hand around my wrist. He pulled me back to him and wrapped his hands around my waist.

"You're mine now Anna and I don't want anyone looking at what's mine. So go change or I'm not taking you out like that"

I pulled away from him. He was actually serious.

Talk about Possessive!

I changed into a faded jeans trouser and a black and white converse. I went out of the closet and saw him sitting on the bed.

"Let's go" I made my way out of the room and went downstairs. He followed closely behind.

"Anna?"

I didn't even want to speak to him.

I went into the kitchen a took a bottle of water and drank. Doing this just made me realize that I didn't jog today.

"Anna?"

I filled the bottle and put it back in the fridge. I turned round and hit a rock.

Well now that I'm looking at 'it' it a Matt not a rock.

Ah, but he has the body of a rock. His sexy body and rock hard abs. Manly muscles and...what the heck was wrong with me?

"What?" I snapped at him trying to get away from him but he won't let me and I gave up

"You're mad at me" he said

"I'm not" I said a little to quick

"You're not a very good liar so cut it"

I sighed and gave up

"I don't want anyone looking at you and having fantasies about you. You're mine, only mine"

"Yea, I'm your favourite toy" I said not looking at him

"You're not my toy and you're not my favourite"

I looked at him shocked.

He smiled "You're the best and the only woman I love and I don't want to share you with anyone that's why I asked you to change"

"More like ordered me to change"

"I'm sorry" he said

I looked at him. "It's fine"

"Lets go" he kissed my forehead.

He drove to I don't know where. He didn't tell me.

"Are we almost there?" I asked frustrated

"Calm down Anna" he smiled

He slowed the car and parked. He got out and made his way to my side, he opened the door for me and gave his keys to the valet.

"Nice to see you again Mr. O'Connell" the valet said

"Thanks Jack" he smiled at him

I smiled at him as we made our way into the restaurant.

We entered.

"Mr. O'Connell, welcome. Its been a while"

"Thank you Fabiáno"

"Table for two?" the Fabiáno guy asked

"Yes please" Matt said

"Right this way" he led us to our table which was next to the glass wall. "Your waiter will be with you in a while"

"Thank you Fabiáno" Matt said.

Fabiáno moved his head and left

I sat opposite Matt. I couldn't stop smiling at how nice he was.

He looked at me and caught me.

"What?" He smiled

"That was nice" I said

His brows creased. I knew what he was thinking.

"Some people throw their keys at the valet and don't even acknowledge the presence of people that work for them or do things for them. They think of them as inferior and not important. I've seen the way you are with Martha. You treat her like you'd treat your own mother"

He just looked at me, more like stared.

"What?" It was my turn to ask

"I'm just surprised at how you notice little things like that"

"They're not little and I'm always interested in the things the people I love do"

He grinned like a high school nerd who just got kissed by the head of the cheerleading squad.

"Whattt?" I sang getting irritated at how he keeps smiling

"The people you love?" He asked

I blushed realising what I said.
"Yes. The people I love"

He touched my hand which was on the table.
"I could kiss you right now"

Oh it was so on.
I smiled seductively and looked at him. I leaned resting in the table between us.
"What's stopping you?" I whispered in a low sexy voice. I didn't even know it belonged to me. I bit my lower lip.

I saw his eyes darken and his jaw clench. He swallowed so hard I could've sworn it bruised his throat.

Wow, Anna. Look what you can do to him.

He leaned in also resting on the table, our face were a few inches apart. He stared into my eyes like he could see my soul.
He was about moving in a bit more when I held his shoulder.

I turned sober intentionally "No PDA Matt" I said like a school girl refusing to go to school and I shook my head along.

He smiled at what just happened. I smiled back.

"You'll be the death of me"

The waiter arrived.
"What can I get you Mr. O'Connell?" The waiter asked

"The usual but with Croissants please"

"And the lady?" I looked at the waiter who was smiling at me

"Uhh..." I looked at Matt

"Same" he snapped at the waiter who was still looking at me

He finally left.

I looked at Matt, his jaw clenched.

Wait! Was he jealous?

I smiled.

He looked at me. His face was fill with anger and it changed to one filled with love when he looked at me.

"Were you jealous?"

He clenched his jaw and looked away.

"You were" I stated. "Matt?"

He didn't look at me.

"Matt?" I stretched and touched his face. Then he looked at me.

"I'd never look at another man the way I look at you. You don't have to be possessive or jealous. I'd choose you over a thousand other guys...or millionaires in your case. I love you Matt"

He smiled at me like that was what he needed to hear.
"Not that it matters but I'm a Billionaire" he said

Was he kidding me?

"Seriously?" I rested back on the seat and looked out the window.

I could feel his gaze on me. I sighed trying to shake the goosebumps away.

The waiter arrived with the food and after he left I saw Matt staring at him.

"Mattt?" I sang his name in a warning tune

He looked at me
"If he so much as glance at you when he comes here again, I'd rip his heart out" he was serious, well except the part where he'd rip his heart out.

"My hero!" I said with a straight face. Note the sarcasm.

A hint of smile played on his lips.

"Oh before I forget, I love you too" he said facing his food and I smiled.

We ate in peace. After we ate, Fabiáno came to drop the bill.

"Thank God the waiter wasn't the one to bill us" he said on our way out.

I smiled at that.

***********************************************************

Thank you guys soo much for reading. I really am happy. Almost 500 views and I just got started. Well, it means a lot to me.

Thanks for voting and leaving comments. They're motivating me to finish this book. Especially you. You know who you are...Jae.

Well, what do you think about what's going on between Anna and Matt.

Their relationship moving to fast?

They lack something?

Feel free to comment, please. Don't be shy.

Just want to apologize to readers who love details. Especially when the characters are down to it. You know what I mean.

Don't forget to vote guys.

Thank you,
J.L.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 81.8K 43
Ethan met the love of his life at 20, but a stupid mistake cost him to lose her. Now five years later he has a chance at winning her back. To the wor...
2.5M 93.1K 30
"Dammit woman, talk to me," Zach pulls at his hair in frustration; his eyes never leave my face. There is a hint of sadness in his voice but other th...
2.6M 98.4K 34
'The asshole' is back! You first met him in Just Tell Me You Love Me. And now he's back. And so is she, Allyson Cassidy. Adam Murray fell in love wit...
1.1M 40K 65
"What if your not so one nightstand turns out to be your new boss ?" ❤ STARTED : 9th DECEMBER 2020 FINISHED: 14th FEBRUARY...