Already Taken

By HollyMD

Spencer and Aiden have been together for almost four years and as far as she knows he's the guy that she want... More

Prologue
A New Year
What Just Happened
Awkward Situations
We Have Got To Stop Meeting Like This
When Confusion Sets In
Tell Me How You Really Feel
Making A Complicated Situation More Complicated
Make You Feel My Love
I Hate This Part
How To Love
It's My Birthday
Rumor Has It
Apologies Part I
Apologies Part II
A Day Of Spashley Fun
Exposed Part I
Exposed Part II
Better Together
One And Only
Crazy Day Part II
Karma's A Bitch
Rebels Without A Cause
We're Gonna Ditch This Town Part 1
We're Gonna Ditch This Town Part 2 (The End... or is it)

Crazy Day Part I

25.8K 660 81
By HollyMD

I woke up the next morning in Ashley's arms, and with all the stuff that went down last night, I was surprisingly super happy. After we both showered, separately unfortunately, we were both convinced that if we showered together we'd never make it to school. I bet you're saying hey, didn't you guys shower last night? The answer would be yes, we did. But some things went down that made us a little... sweaty, so we took another one. And for all you dirty minds out there, no we didn't have sex. I couldn't sleep so Ashley suggested that we do some yoga to relax me. And it worked, actually.

Anways, back to what I was saying. After separate showers we both got ready for school. Emilio made us breakfast. Waffles, bacon, eggs, and fresh squeezed orange juice. I could get used to this.

After breakfast we both headed to school.

"So I'll see you at lunch." Ashley tells me as she pulls in the school parking lot.

"Mhm. I love you." I say kissing her lips softly.

"I love you, too." She mumbles into the kiss. Now that everyone knows, PDA is no problem for me. Plus Ashley is super hot, it's really hard to not want to kiss her. I get out of the car and head to my first class. Madison is already in our usual seats.

"Morning bestie." I say as I take the seat next to her.

"Good morning?" She more so asks with a wicked smirk on her face.

"No, not what you're thinking." I mock insult and playfully punch her on the arm. "You mind stays in the gutter Maddy, I swear." I tell her and she just laughs.

"There is no way I'm gonna spend the night in the same bed with my hot boyfriend or in your case, girlfriend, and not have sex with them alllllll night." She says seriously.

"Well, I'm not you freak." I joke and she shrugs before taking her supplies out of her bag. "No Carmen, as usual." I observe, looking back at the seat Carmen has probably only occupied four times since school started.

"I think she's avoiding me." Madison says with a dead serious look on her face. I laugh at her. "I'm serious. I put a hit out on her. If I see her, it's going down." My best friend tells me, in a serious tone. Dragging her thumb across the base of her neck for emphasis.

"You're a riot." I tell her as the teacher comes in a begins to teach. Throughout class I kept getting all this looks from people, and there was a lot of whispering. I was over it. That's how my day was up until lunch. A classroom full of whispering and stares. I heard some people talking and the word dyke, and slut being thrown around. By the time lunch came around I didn't even wanna be at school anymore.

"What's wrong?" Ashley asks as she approaches me at me my locker.

"Really?" I asks in a tone harsher than I had intended to. The look on Ashley's face tells me that she wasn't expecting it either. "I'm sorry." I say quickly. "Today's just been really hard." I sigh and slam my locker shut.

"I know, I'm sorry." She says placing a hand on my shoulder. I move her hand and pull her into a hug. I just really needed to be close to her right now.

"I don't think I can take this." I say as I feel the tears building in my eyes. "I just wanna go home, with you." I tell her as the tears start to fall.

"Don't let them get to you baby. If you leave, you're letting them win. Show them that you don't give a shit what they think. That's what I've been doing all day." She tells me, rubbing circles in my back. As people walk by they stare as us and whisper more.

"I can't do this, Ashley." I tell her pulling back. "I just wanna go." I breathe out. She opens her mouth to say something when my phone rings letting me know I have a text. I look down and see it's from Aiden. "It's Aiden." I tell her as I open the text and read it. "He wants to know if we can go to lunch together to talk." I say and look up at Ashley. She doesn't say anything. "Um, should I?" I ask and I can tell that she's uncomfortable with the thought of me hanging out with him. "Ashley, I don't-"

"No, it's fine." She interrupts me. "Go. You and him should talk."

"Okay." I say and text Aiden yes and that I'll meet him at his car as Ashley and I walk hand in hand threw the quad to the parking lot. Getting more whispers from the students eating lunch in the quad. "I don't want you here for lunch by yourself, hang with Mads okay?" I tell her as we reach Aiden's car and place a quick kiss on her lips.

"Mmkay baby." She tells me with a smile as Aiden appears next to his car. We all share an awkward look before Ashley speaks up. "Hi, Aiden."

"Hello, Ashley." Aiden replies with a small smile.

"Take care of my girlfriend, will ya?" Ashley says and Aiden nods. "She's my everything." She adds and I can't help the smile that creeps onto my lips. She gives me another quick kiss before saying, "I'll see you last block, okay? Text me if you need me." I nod and she retreats back to the quad. I text Madison and let her know I'm going to lunch with Aiden and that Ashley is gonna have lunch with her. She texts me back a 'Okay?' I'll explain it to her later.

"You ready?" Aiden asks, looking at me over the hood of his car.

"Oh, um... yeah." I tell him and we both get into his car. I guess he could tell that I was a little uneasy about all this. But with what's been going on with everyone in my life lately, I'm not sure who I can trust.

"You okay?" He asks as we pull out of the parking lot.

"Yeah." I say giving him a small smile.

We ended up at KFC. It happens to be Aiden's favorite place.

"So." I say not really knowing how to start. I know that I hurt Aiden, and for that I am truly sorry, but I couldn't control the feelings that I was getting for Ashley. It was like some unstoppable force was pulling us together and there was no use in trying to fight it because it was a fight I couldn't win.

"You don't have to feel awkward around me, Spencer." Aiden tells me taking a bite out of his chicken.

"I know, I just... I don't get how you don't hate me." I tell him truthfully. Honestly, I really can't figure it out. If anything I would have expected him to be the one that would want to ruin my life, not Carmen.

"I could never hate you." He says swallowing the food in his mouth. "I was hurt and angry, yes, but I've never hated you for what you did, Spencer."

"I'm sorry that I hurt you, Aiden. I never wanted to. I didn't mean for things to happen the way they did. You know that right?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"I know, Spencer. I'm sorry that things happened the way they did too. I just want you to be happy. That's all I've ever wanted. It sucks that I can't be the one that makes you happy, but I'm glad you're happy nonetheless." He pauses for a moment and sighs."She makes you happy, I can see that." He says looking into my eyes. I can't help the smile that escapes my lips at the mention of Ashley. She really does make me extremely happy. "See!" He says, a smile creeping onto his lips. "All I did was say her name and it got you to smile."

"I really am happy with her, Aiden. She's like.." I start, pausing to think about all the good times I've had with her. "When I'm with her it's like nothing I've ever felt before." I say then look up at Aiden to see his face contorted in mock insult but he quickly changes it to a smile.

"Way to kick me when I'm down, Spence." He says jokingly.

"I didn't mean it like that, Aide. You know that I love you right?" I tell him truthfully, because I do. Just not in the way that I love Ashley. I'm not sure if I ever really loved him in that way.

"Yeah I know, Spence. Just not as much or in the way that you love Ashley." He says drinking his drink. Wow, he's like reading my mind. "How did Paula take the news?" Aiden asks setting his drink down.

"Not so good." I say not really wanting to even get into that. I don't wanna cry over her anymore.

"She never did like me, that woman." He says looking off like he's trying to figure out what the reason could have been. "I don't get it. Moms love me. Granted you were only my second girlfriend but even my friends moms love me. Paula is a tough nut to crack." He says then shrugs.

"She told me one time that you were too plain for me." I tell him and he almost chokes on his biscuit.

"Oh, I am anything but plain." He says in the typical jock male (I'm destined to be a pro basketball player) way.

"I never thought you were, Aide." I say with a smile. "So what made you decide to ask me to lunch?" I ask as I finally dig into my food. Surprising right?

"I wanted to let you know that there weren't any hard feelings, and that I'll always be here for you, Spence." He says and I smile.

"That really means a lot, Aiden. Thank you." I say genuinely. We sit for a while in comfortable silence eating our food before Aiden breaks the silence.

"That's not all I wanted to talk to you about." He says and I give him a look, wondering what else he could have to talk to me about.

"Uh oh, I don't like how you started that." I say quirking an eyebrow, smiling.

"Well, um... I was thinking... um... well..." He stumbles over his words.

"Aiden just spit it out." I tell him with a smile. I mean, whatever it is can't be that bad.

"Well, I wast thinking about asking Madison out." He says then pauses to gauge my reaction, I don't react so he continues. "I know that she's your best friend and I swear that when we were together I never looked at her that way, Spence. This all just recently happened and I wanted to tell you before I even thought about going up to Madison. And I'm not even sure if she's gonna say yes, but I was just gonna take a shot ya know? But I didn't wanna do anything until I talked-"

"Aiden." I say cutting him off. "Breathe." I tell him and he lets out a big puff of air. I can't help but giggle at his rant. "It's fine. I have no problem with you asking out Madison. You both deserve someone, you guys would be great together." I tell him smiling.

He matches my smile before saying, "You think so?" Aw, I think he's really nervous about asking her out.

"Yes, you're both funny, cute and semi-smart." I add with a smile and get a playful glare from Aiden.

"I'm a genius, Spence. Don't pretend like you don't know."

"Right." I say simply and we share a look before we both burst out laughing.

"So you ready to get outta here?" He asks standing up from the booth we were sharing.

"Yeah." I tell him and we throw away our trash before leaving and heading back to school.

"So, Carmen has a thing for you huh?" Aiden asks as we make our way back to the school. Wow, was it that obvious to everyone but me.

"You knew?" I asks and he just nods. "For how long?" He shrugs.

"I don't know, maybe since like the end of Sophomore year." He says and I give him a 'how?' look. "Do you remember the end of the school year pool party we had that year at my house?" He asks and I nod. "Well, I watched Carmen stare at you in your bikini the whole day. You never noticed cause you were too busy pretending to be straight with me." He says and I punch him in the arm. "Oww." He shrieks then laughs. "Whaaaat?"

"Don't be a jerk." I laugh out.

"I can see why Ashley, hell even Carmen, fell for you Spence. You're a great catch. Ashley's lucky."

"No, I'm the lucky one." I tell him as we pull into the school parking lot. He finds a parking spot and parks. "I had a fun time talking to you." I tell him as he puts the car in park.

"Yeah, me too." He says and gives me a small smile. "We should do it again sometime soon."

"Definitely." I say as we both exit his car.

"I was thinking, um... you think you could um... you know... talk to Madison for me? I mean, just see how she feels about me, ya know?" I smile at him.

"Yeah, Aiden. I'll talk to her." I tell him.

"Cool, thanks. You want me to walk you to class? I know things are pretty crazy around here." Can you see why I once thought he was the guy I should marry?

"No, it's fine. Thank you though." I tell him and he nods before walking off to class.

I follow his suit and make my way to my next period and to my dismay the talking, staring, and name calling hasn't died down one bit. Don't these people have lives, why are they so worried about mine?

In last period I was beyond happy to see Madison and Ashley.

"How was lunch with Aiden?" Ashley asks me as I take a seat next to her and Madison in the back of the classroom.

"Yeah, was he an ass? Cause I swear I'll kill him if he said one bad thi-"

"No." I say cutting Madison off, giggling at her. "He was the perfect gentlemen." I say and Ashley gives me a look.

"Wait, he wasn't tryna like mack on you was he? Cause I know people who can hurt him." She says quirking an eyebrow and it's so sexy.

"No, he wasn't trying to mack on me." I tell my girlfriend, who makes a 'he better not had been' face. And I can't help but smile.

"So, you and him are cool?" Madison asks.

"Yeah, he said that he's happy, if I'm happy." I say with a shrug as the teacher comes in the class.

"That's very noble of him." Madison says and smiles as the teacher beckons us to all settle down and begins to teach class. I smile thinking about the news Aiden told me about him wanting to ask out Madison. Some people would say 'oh, that's weird. Your ex-boyfriend and your best friend going out.' Personally, I think it's wonderful. They both deserve to be happy, so I say Aiden should go for it.

Last period was still filled with chatter about Ashley and I but it was a lot more manageable then the rest of my classes I had to suffer through alone. As the bell rang signaling the end of class I felt a pang in my chest thinking about my dad calling me any minute now. What is does he want? What could he possibly have to say to me now, that he couldn't say to me when my mother was practically ripping my head off?

"Can you come over to Ashley's house later?" I ask Madison as we all walk to the parking lot, Ashley and I, hand in hand. "I need to talk to you about something." I tell her and she gives me a confused look.

"Um, sure." She says reluctantly. And I giggle at her.

"It's nothing bad, Maddy. You're always so skeptical about everything." I tell her as we reach Ashley car.

"Well you're being really... I don't know... sketchy right now."

I laugh at her before saying, "Just come over crazy." I tell her and she nods.

"Yeah, alright Carlin. I'll see you two later." Ashley and I say our goodbyes as Madison makes her way to her car.

"What do you have to talk to her about?" Ashley turn to me and asks once Madison is out of earshot.

"I'll tell you in the car." I tell her and we both get into the car. Today was a crazy day. People talking, Aiden forgiving me, now I gotta have this conversation with my dad about God knows what and tell my best friend that one of her best guy friends, who also happens to be my ex, wants to take her out. Crazy day indeed.

A/N: Yay! An update lol. Soooo there's that, like I promised. I really hope you guys enjoyed it. Vote and comment to let me know what you think. And also, I thought that I should let you guys know that I miscalculated the amount of chapters that I have left. It's gonna be more than two. I'm still not sure how many, but I know it's more than two. Are you happy about that? :) Anywhos the next update should be Friday, I already started working on it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.7K 4.3K 81
She wanted to change and that's what she did. 17 year old Bailey Skeels has been one to follow rules and go by the book. But after getting accused f...
1.5M 39.8K 68
Spencer is a senior in high school who is also dating the popular girl, but Spencer is the opposite of popular. Spencer has two friends while her gir...
4K 60 46
Harper and Riley have known each other their whole lives, but for some reason they were never friends. Every moment and memory, the other was always...
2.1K 47 41
Sarah and Mike are best friends. They've been friends since middle school. They're in their fourth year of high school. A girl develop feelings for M...