Burning Desire

By EverleighAshcroft

2018 Wattys Longlisted. A little spicy. A little sweet. A lot of passion. Kate Crawford has always known what... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue
The Sequel: The Ties That Bind (Jesse's Story)
Buy Burning Desire
Sneak Peek at Licensed to Kill
Acknowledgements
Dedication
Burning Desire
About the Author
LEGAL DISCLAIMER
Playlist

Chapter 3

31.5K 952 55
By EverleighAshcroft

Jesse's hands slid down my body, tugging me harder against his chest as his expert mouth kissed, nipped and sucked at my neck, teasing my skin with the tip of his tongue.

The drive to his house was longer than I'd hoped. He lived on Long Island and the New York City traffic had just about given me a headache as we'd driven through a maze of taxi cabs and drivers who enjoyed sticking their middle fingers out the window a little too much.

It had begun to snow again when we arrived at Jesse's house, a cozy two-story in an upscale neighborhood in which every home was perfectly decorated with Christmas lights, and almost every vehicle was either a Cadillac, Lexus or Lincoln. Again, I felt out of place, but I was enjoying my time with Jesse and I was glad I hadn't turned down his dinner offer.

The walk to his front door was calm and quiet, neither of us speaking. A dog barking down the street was the only sound in the neighborhood. I'd expected to sit down with Jesse, have a nice conversation, and maybe drink some more wine or champagne. But once inside his house, our clothes immediately started to leave our bodies as he pressed me up against the front door, biting my bottom lip and sliding his hands under my dress.

"Is this what you want?" he whispered in my ear seductively, slipping his middle finger in and out of my wet entrance.

Fuck yes.

I whimpered in response, relaxing more into his muscular arms. His other hand grasped the back of my hair, tugging softly as he dragged his teeth over my earlobe.

"Answer me." He nipped at my skin, brushing his fingertip over my clit and earning a gasp from my lips.

I swallowed the quickly forming lump in my throat and forced myself to speak. "Yes."

Jesse smirked, turning me around so that my back was flush against his chest. His hands roamed my body, sliding up from my thighs, over my stomach to my breasts. He cupped them, gently massaging and making me moan as his thumbs brushed over my sensitive nipples.

"Yes, what?" he asked, his warm breath raising goosebumps over my skin.

I breathed a pleasured sigh, leaning into him. "Yes sir."

He placed a warm, open-mouthed kiss to my shoulder and stepped back from me. I felt the heat of his body leave my back and the chill of the air made me shiver. I intended to turn around and press myself against him again, kissing him, but before I could do anything, I was hauled over his shoulder and carried to the kitchen where he bent me over the counter and pinned my hands behind my back. He used his knee to spread my legs apart. My hormones were running wild and my mouth began to water at the mental image of what was sure to happen next when I heard the tear of a condom packet.

I moaned when I felt the tip of Jesse's hard length at my entrance. It felt like I'd been lusting after him forever, though it had only been a day. I could feel my wetness running down my legs as I anxiously waited to feel him enter me.

I bit my lip in a mix of pain and pleasure at the feeling of his thick cock slowly pushing inside me. He had one hand holding my wrists behind my back and the other on my thigh. I gasped when he thrust his entire length into me. His grip on my thigh tightened as he began to quickly slide in and out of my pussy, earning moan after moan from me.

He continued to go harder, knowing it was driving me crazy. My breathing came in gasps as he fucked me faster. His cock was bigger than I'd imagined, making me feel full and coaxing my oncoming orgasm to the surface quicker than I'd expected.

"Does that feel good, princess?" Jesse asked in a dominant, yet caring voice.

I was finding it harder to breathe as his thrusts started to become uneven and his own breathing became heavier.

"Y-yes."

Almost instantly, I reached the cliff and Jesse pushed me over the edge, coming just seconds after me. He stilled inside me, releasing his grasp on my hands and trying to catch his breath.

I felt high. I felt like I was floating on Cloud Nine. I hadn't enjoyed sex that much in a long time, and though I was quickly getting tired, I was anxious to have him again.

"How do you feel?" Jesse panted, turning me to face him as he slid out of me, immediately making me feel empty.

I sighed in bliss, looking into the hypnotizing eyes of the man who had just broken down the brick wall I'd kept up for almost a year. He was irresistible. I usually wouldn't have done this with anyone else, but Jesse intrigued me. He'd peaked my interest more than any other man had since Eric.

"Amazing," I smiled, watching the way his eyes roamed over my face and down to my chest.

My nipples hardened at the chill sweeping over me as we stood, disheveled, in front of the sink.

I realized the blinds had been wide open the entire time we'd had sex and I wondered if anyone had driven by and noticed. It looked like the neighbors across the street had a straight view of Jesse's kitchen from their living room window. While it was somewhat embarrassing to think that someone might have seen us, it was also a bit of a turn on.

Jesse left the room to clean up and I awkwardly stood there, leaning against the counter as I awaited his return. Without him in the room, I just felt exposed. I squeezed my legs together and crossed my arms over my chest, staring out the window.

I was relieved when Jesse returned with a silk button-up that felt wonderful against my skin when I changed a few minutes later. I didn't bother asking for pants since the shirt hung midway down my thighs. When I reentered the kitchen after cleaning up, Jesse had pulled on a pair of gray sweatpants and was retrieving a water bottle from the refrigerator.

"Do you want anything?" he asked, pushing his hair back.

My throat felt dry from breathing so hard and gasping so much. "Yes, please."

He moved aside, gesturing for me to look through the fridge. I scanned over the groceries and many soft drinks and ended up choosing a ginger ale. I embarrassed myself a bit, downing half the can in about ten seconds. I hadn't realized how thirsty I actually was and felt a little stupid for chugging my drink in front of Jesse.

"I believe that might be a new world record right there." He pointed to my soda can, teasing me for drinking it so fast.

I breathed a laugh, blushing and trying to think of a witty response, but I came up blank.

"What do we do now?" I finally asked, groaning inwardly at how dumb that must have sounded.

"I was thinking the bedroom might be a nice place to take this," he suggested, setting his water down beside the sink.

Oh. I felt my hormones start to wake back up.

"I can't say I disagree."

Jesse's arm snaked around my waist once again, leading me through his spotless house, up the stairs and to the bedroom. He dimmed the lights, creating a low glow in the room, and lead me to the satin sheet-covered bed.

A velvet plush duvet lay over the sheets at the foot of the bed and I sighed in awe when he pushed me down on it and the soft material caressed my skin.

The rest of the night was filled with satisfied moans and gasps, mostly from me, as Jesse and I tangled ourselves together in a mess of satin. It wasn't until around three in the morning when we finally fell asleep, my head on his chest and his arm around my midsection.

The next morning, I awoke to the sound of Jesse's heart beating and realized we were still in the same position. It was late morning and the snow that had fallen overnight was quite a bit more than what was forecasted. I wasn't complaining, though. I'd always adored winter weather, and since it was Saturday, I didn't have to worry about driving in it.

A low groan came from Jesse's lips as he began to wake up, moving about an inch and pulling me closer to him. I laid my arm over his stomach and mentally traced his abs.

"Good morning," I whispered, staring out the window at the winter wonderland.

Jesse yawned, blinking a few times.

"Morning," he mumbled sleepily.

We laid there for a few minutes more as he attempted to wake himself up. I didn't mind. I wasn't exactly in a hurry to leave his bed or his arms. It had been so long since I'd spent a night like that with a man who knew where to touch me and how to unravel me. I wouldn't have minded if he'd decided to stay in bed all day, if that meant I got to stay there with him.

I was anxious to call Selena and give her all the juicy details that I knew she was dying to hear, but I was too comfortable wrapped up in Jesse's sheets.

His arm slid out from under me, inviting a chill to sweep over my bare lower back, and I quickly yanked the covers up over my body as he sat up, stretching and yawning again.

His tousled hair and chiseled chest looked amazing in the morning light. Memories of the night before played through my mind in a blur of moans, thrusts, kisses, and curses. I knew it was going to be time for me to leave soon, but I was clinging to the hope that he would invite me back. I didn't want to just be a one-night stand. Last night had been too great to leave it at that.

"Do you want some coffee?" Jesse asked, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

I smiled lazily, cuddling into the slippery satin pillowcase. "I would love some coffee."

He returned my smile, slowly getting up from the bed and pulling on his plaid boxers. I admired the bulge in his underwear and his muscular backside as he walked out of the room.

While I waited for Jesse to return, I scanned over the furniture and items in his room. I assumed he hired a maid to come in on occasion, because it was hard to believe a man kept his house that clean. There wasn't a speck of dust on the nightstand beside me.

I climbed out of bed, draping his silk shirt over my body and fastening one button while I walked across the room to the walnut bookcase where several photos, I assumed of family and friends, sat.

I picked up a small wooden frame, glancing over a picture of Jesse with an older grey-haired man, whom I figured was probably his father, in front of a restaurant called Bella Vita.

I bet that's one of the restaurants his family owns, I thought as I set it back on the shelf.

Footsteps sounded up the stairs as Jesse returned holding two mugs of coffee with just a dash of creamer. I didn't usually drink regular coffee. I preferred mochas and lattes from the café. But for him, I made an exception.

"Thanks," I smiled, taking a sip of the steaming hot drink.

"That was the first restaurant my father opened," Jesse said, looking at the photo I'd been staring at. "We took that picture the day I graduated college. He made me part owner that day."

"What college did you graduate from?" I asked, interested in learning more about the man whose bed I'd spent all night in.

He took a seat at the foot of the bed, setting his mug in his lap.

"I studied Business Finance and Business Management at Columbia," he said with a flash of pride in his smile, clearly happy with his accomplishments. "It was boring as hell, if we're being honest, but it'll get me somewhere in life."

I was impressed. He'd definitely paved a good road for himself thus far.

"Sounds like you're doing good, so far."

Jesse shrugged, tapping his finger on his mug. "I've been trying. That's all I can do. But hey, how 'bout we grab a shower and I'll brave the arctic blast to take you home?"

A bummed feeling fell over me as reality hit that my stay at Jesse's house was coming to an end. I was enjoying being with him and I wasn't looking forward to leaving, but I didn't want to overstay my welcome, for fear he might shy away from wanting to see me again. It was taking all my willpower not to ask if we could go get breakfast, but I didn't want to sound like the crazy girl who acts like we're in a committed relationship after only one random night of sex.

"Yeah," I nodded, glancing down the hall awkwardly.

Jesse stood up, making his way to me and taking the coffee from my hands, setting it on a bookshelf. My inner neat freak had me holding back from mentioning the possibility of the mug leaving a ring on the wood.

His hands gripped my hips firmly, pulling me toward him. I began to get lost in his hypnotizing eyes once again as he leaned down to kiss me a little harder than I'd expected. He bit my bottom lip seductively, successfully awakening my libido. I moaned against his lips, sliding my hands over his well-defined abs.

Before I could process what was happening, he had me pinned against the bathroom door, pushing his silk shirt off my shoulders and nipping at my neck. My fingers found his waistband and began tugging at his boxers. His teeth grazed my collarbone as I pushed his underwear down to fall in a pile at his feet. He stepped out of them, kicking them across the cold tile floor along with the shirt I'd been wearing.

Jesse pulled me with him into the shower, skillfully turning on the water without looking, and pressing my back against the glass shower wall. He leaned against me, supporting his weight with his forearm against the glass. His other hand trailed down my side slowly until he reached my thigh, dipping between my legs and caressing my most sensitive spot. I gripped his biceps, melting into him at the feeling of his strong muscles beneath my hands.

Jesse lifted me quickly, gripping the backs of my thighs. My legs instinctively wrapped around his waist, feeling his hard cock against my entrance. The way the hot water cascaded over his shoulders and down his chest and stomach was drool-worthy. I was in a trance, gazing into his eyes, my hands on his shoulders for support.

He maintained eye contact as he entered me, dragging a needy, breathy moan from my throat. I fought the urge to close my eyes in bliss while he slid into me over and over, each thrust bringing me closer to the edge. Somehow, staring into each other's eyes made our sex hotter and I found myself coming faster than I usually would have. Jesse followed shortly behind with his last four sloppy thrusts, groaning and pressing his forehead to mine when he hit his release.

We stayed in that position for a minute or two until he set me back on my feet. I held on to his arm to steady myself, still coming down from my high.

We showered quickly and Jesse fetched my clothes for me as we got ready to leave. I felt weird wearing the same outfit as the night before, especially since a dress and heels weren't exactly winter weather attire.

I followed Jesse out the door, trying my best not to slip on the slushy, semi-frozen driveway. I was relieved once we got in his car. He turned the heater on full blast and the first few minutes of air coming through the vents was freezing until the engine started to heat up. I tried to control my shivering body while we waited for the car to warm up. I felt like I'd just taken the walk of shame across Jesse's driveway and wondered what his neighbors might have thought, if any of them had seen us.

The drive into Manhattan from Long Island seemed to take forever. We decided, since the weather was going to slow us down quite a bit, we may as well stop for a quick bite. Jesse said he knew of a great bakery that would be open, despite the weather. He told me his father was good friends with the owner's aunt.

We stopped outside Laura's Sweets and my teeth began chattering when the cold air hit me again, getting out of the car. Jesse chuckled sympathetically and loaned me his jacket, which I was more than happy to accept. I attempted to wrap the jacket as tightly as I could around my body, feeling like everyone was judging my apparel.

"Stacy." Jesse acknowledged the girl behind the counter with a nod and smile when we walked in.

A jealous pit formed in my stomach but I tried to shrug it off. He wasn't mine to get possessive over. At least not yet.

"Jesse!" the brunette grinned, eyes sparkling. She acted like I wasn't even there. "What'll you have?"

He leaned against the counter handing Stacy his credit card. "The usual, plus a hot chocolate for my girl, here."

His girl?

My heart swelled with excitement, though I tried not to act too giggly about it on the outside. Stacy was shooting me death glares and I felt victorious now that she was the jealous one.

I took advantage of the situation, and while Stacy prepared Jesse's order, I clung to him, telling him how cold I was so he would hold me tighter, and saying how much I'd enjoyed my time with him. By the time the order was ready, Stacy's head looked like it was about to pop off from how pissed she was.

Too bad, sweetie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 43.7K 50
Sometimes, the one you have in your heart is not the one you have in your arms. --- "I love this book, it's perfect. I finished it in one sitting, I...
141K 5.6K 60
**** COMPLETE **** This novel centers around Faith, a young black woman in her early 20s that's given up on the thought of love. That is until she fi...
6.8M 219K 64
MATURE BOOK! MEANING MATURE THEMES, TOPICS SUCH AS SA, S*ICIDE, ETC... If ur definition of mature was just smut this book doesn't have it-BUT BEFORE...
680K 11.2K 41
The now graduated Kim Torres has a chance to work in an office,offered by her friend.When they arrive she immediately spots the hottest man she's eve...